Bourassque's are cleaning up!

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

hoveruss #1 Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:54 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21767 battles
  • [E-VO] E-VO

Pretty much every battle I'm in and the FatChats are top on damage. Even the ones where there aren't a dozen of the damned things! 3-4k seems to be the norm.

Are they exceptionally good, or is this simply because lots of good/committed players getting them thru the campaign?

I suspect they'll turn out to be a bit tooooo good. Unusual for a new premium, obviously.....:rolleyes:

Echotun #2 Posted 03 March 2020 - 06:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23969 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

Half the people I see commenting on it thinks its a «decent fun tank». 
The other half thinks its garbage. 
Pretty sure you are the first insinuating they are op :)

The ones Ive seen have been driven by players of all skill levels. 

Sixter2000 #3 Posted 03 March 2020 - 06:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2350 battles
I have played a few games where the Bourrasque tops the leaderboard. People seem to agree that it can be a carry-tank or a late-game monster for the best players. I´m trying to resist the temptation because I know it will be crap in my hands.

Edited by Sixter2000, 03 March 2020 - 06:12 PM.

roboslash #4 Posted 03 March 2020 - 06:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11962 battles

It's a hard but rewarding tank to play IMO. It does rack up damage quite quickly as you can burst people for 720 and then run away, reload for 20 sec, rinse and repeat. It can carry a lot of games if played correctly, comparable to for example to the BC-25T. But if you play too aggressively you get killed real quick. I feel it can be extremely strong in the right hands, but I wouldn't really describe the tank as OP.

Edited by roboslash, 03 March 2020 - 06:18 PM.

gitgud_cannot #5 Posted 03 March 2020 - 06:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33228 battles

well, most of the time Bourrasques die early, the ones who think about positioning and use all the advantages of the tank are doing well, the rest not so much.

I really like mine so far, had a blast yesterday - 87% wr over 15 games and something around 2,9-3k dpg. A single bourrasque might not be that strong, but if you make a platoon of 3 and focus your targets, i imagine it can be quite powerful.

Strappster #6 Posted 03 March 2020 - 06:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29234 battles
Mine's broken, I'm not getting results anything like those quoted in this thread. Who should I contact for a refund of the several days I spent grinding in order to get it for free? :unsure:

StronkiTonki #7 Posted 03 March 2020 - 06:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35276 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

I seem to have purhchased a version with a broken gun or something.

My tank clearly doesn't seem to have the sniping potential that all the others seem to have.

Can't even hit most fully aimed shots at Skorpions that are standing in the open.

But I sure as s**t get sniped by Bourrasques in my EBR while I'm going fullspeed.

Imho this tanks has great potential. When your shots actually land, it's great fun.

But half of the experience comes with a lot of frustration, due to the gun handling and accuracy.

I've even gotten so far to start running food on it, and that's something I never have done before on a premium tank.

The accuracy isn't even the worst thing. The godamn aim time is just so bad, to a point of utter frustration.

The amount of times a target gets spotted in the open, I start taking aim, and the target already dies before I am aimed enough to take a shot is just ridiculous.

Then there's also the moments where I only hit 1 of my shells, again due to accuracy, and also the pen. Making it feel so useless to have an autoloader if only 1 shell hits.

Mostly been having good games on close range encounters. Something this vehicle excels in.

My best result was surprisingly enough on Redshire, with a decent amount of mid range encounters. Totalling 5k damage and 1k assist. And not even an Ace, lol.

Due to the vulnerability of this vehicle, it kind of has to rely on surviving until the later stages of the battle when more flanking oppertunities appear, and when more tanks have died, getting more freedom to use your mobility across the map.

MrGametop2 #8 Posted 03 March 2020 - 06:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4798 battles
  • [GDDK] GDDK

View Posthoveruss, on 03 March 2020 - 05:54 PM, said:

Pretty much every battle I'm in and the FatChats are top on damage. Even the ones where there aren't a dozen of the damned things! 3-4k seems to be the norm.

Are they exceptionally good, or is this simply because lots of good/committed players getting them thru the campaign?

I suspect they'll turn out to be a bit tooooo good. Unusual for a new premium, obviously.....:rolleyes:

This is why the tank is not OP Weakness HE

xx984 #9 Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:43 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 67479 battles
  • [72861] 72861

Its not a good tank tbh.

The aimtime completely ruins it. 

Spend 10 years aiming and then you either miss or bounce anyway :teethhappy:

gitgud_cannot #10 Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33228 battles

View PostStronkiTonki, on 03 March 2020 - 07:40 PM, said:

My tank clearly doesn't seem to have the sniping potential that all the others seem to have.

Can't even hit most fully aimed shots at Skorpions that are standing in the open.

But I sure as s**t get sniped by Bourrasques in my EBR while I'm going fullspeed.

Imho this tanks has great potential. When your shots actually land, it's great fun.

But half of the experience comes with a lot of frustration, due to the gun handling and accuracy.

I've even gotten so far to start running food on it, and that's something I never have done before on a premium tank.

The accuracy isn't even the worst thing. The godamn aim time is just so bad, to a point of utter frustration.

The amount of times a target gets spotted in the open, I start taking aim, and the target already dies before I am aimed enough to take a shot is just ridiculous.

Then there's also the moments where I only hit 1 of my shells, again due to accuracy, and also the pen. Making it feel so useless to have an autoloader if only 1 shell hits.

Mostly been having good games on close range encounters. Something this vehicle excels in.

My best result was surprisingly enough on Redshire, with a decent amount of mid range encounters. Totalling 5k damage and 1k assist. And not even an Ace, lol.

Due to the vulnerability of this vehicle, it kind of has to rely on surviving until the later stages of the battle when more flanking oppertunities appear, and when more tanks have died, getting more freedom to use your mobility across the map.

do not mix gun handling with aim time and accuracy, it has great gun handling, but at the same time has bad aim time and accuracy, it is the same thing as with obj 703v2, aim time and accuracy doesnt matter when you have great soft stats.

18:46 Added after 2 minute

View Postxx984, on 03 March 2020 - 08:43 PM, said:

Its not a good tank tbh.

Spend 10 years aiming and then you either miss or bounce anyway :teethhappy:

you should try to aim less :D aim only when you need to make the second shot count, otherwise, in my experience, there is no  point to aim much with accuracy it has.

Nishi_Kinuyo #11 Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10529 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostStronkiTonki, on 03 March 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

Sniping? With 0.40 dispersion, 3.5s aimtime and sub-par penetration? :amazed:

FatigueGalaxy #12 Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:22 PM

Major

• Player
  • 23555 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

You put 720 alpha on a light tank and this is the result. Sure, it can't dogfight (2 shots then ~20s reload and it turns like a boat) but that's the only thing that makes it worse than light tanks.

They balanced it around "long reload" but while this kinda works for Progetto (pathetic firepower after emptying clip), it doesn't work for a tank that has light tank size, mobility and camo. Unless Bourassque makes a mistake, 20s is not enough to put it down - unless you have a light tank or fast medium with good DPM.

It's not OP because it requires some skill but it's kinda "too good" in the hands of decent/good players. They should probably give it 320 alpha with 2,5-3 s intra-clip reload because the ability to kill most of the same tier tanks with 1 reload cycle is way too strong.

splash_time #13 Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

It's just another 121B that only unicomes can make it work properly. 

So I'm not surprised to see these results by these good players. :)

24doom24 #14 Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9202 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
This tank is meh, I've been seeing them get annihilated recently. 

CmdRatScabies #15 Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posthoveruss, on 03 March 2020 - 05:54 PM, said:

There are so many playing at the moment that one of them is almost sure to do well. 

_GrooziN_ #16 Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2300 battles

Reading the comments and seeing how people play this tank, it must be the most balanced premium they released in a while :D

I love mine, despite low-ish win rate (for now, fairly small sample).

snowlywhite #17 Posted 03 March 2020 - 09:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28882 battles

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 03 March 2020 - 08:22 PM, said:

You put 720 alpha on a light tank and this is the result. Sure, it can't dogfight (2 shots then ~20s reload and it turns like a boat) but that's the only thing that makes it worse than light tanks.

They balanced it around "long reload" but while this kinda works for Progetto (pathetic firepower after emptying clip), it doesn't work for a tank that has light tank size, mobility and camo. Unless Bourassque makes a mistake, 20s is not enough to put it down - unless you have a light tank or fast medium with good DPM.

It's not OP because it requires some skill but it's kinda "too good" in the hands of decent/good players. They should probably give it 320 alpha with 2,5-3 s intra-clip reload because the ability to kill most of the same tier tanks with 1 reload cycle is way too strong.

it has 2% more camo(fully kitted, with food) than udes 14/5. It's anything but a light tank... it's 33% less camo on the move than any decently kitted light.

to continue comparison with 14/5 - that one is harder to pen with he(also ufp is autobounce for 90mm), gun is way better in every aspect so you'll actually hit that 360 shot, it has uber gun depression while this one doesn't have any, higher hp, better pen, etc. And ppl. are generally complaining about 14/5; not saying it's OP, but the contrary...

sure, 720 dmg is fun; but that 720 is very debatable. 720 if your teammates are actually able to tank stuff and creating openings for you.

Also, you're dead in 1vs1 against any same tier if the guy has the common sense to load HE. Due to low hp/totally penable by he. It's 1.25k hp - 4 shots for some 300-320 he. Plus they should ram you given you turn like a whale, etc.

Pudd1ng #18 Posted 03 March 2020 - 10:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 49071 battles
  • [LOTT] LOTT

Bourrasque is very vulnerable to HE. Killed one from full HP & did 5 critical hits with 3 shots from Sherman Jumbo. Every shot penetrated & lowest roll was 425 damage, & my lowest roll for a hit on any Bourrasque was 377. You can hardly fail to hit either the tracks or turret so you either blow his tracks off or pen the turret & kill crew. It's not OP because while it can do some viscious damage it's easy to kill.

krismorgan #19 Posted 03 March 2020 - 10:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38327 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
It will go down hill as soon as wg need more money with the next tank that clears up etc.

saurilian #20 Posted 03 March 2020 - 10:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16142 battles

View Postxx984, on 03 March 2020 - 07:43 PM, said:

Its not a good tank tbh.

Spend 10 years aiming and then you either miss or bounce anyway 

Hoveruss's talking about how Bourassques are killing it in battles and you come here to whine about the tank because you don't know how to use it. It's a excellent vehicle if you know how to play BC's. I played 126 battles in it already, 75% hit ratio, 1488 average demage, Ace Tanker and 67% MoE (1641wn8)... and I'm a average player overall. I was worried I will have to spam gold in it, but I just carry 8 rounds and it is more than enough. You really don't need more due to its awesome playstyle. It's one of best premium tanks wargaming released in a while, I completly burned out myself grinding it but god damn, it was worth it. It has INSANE carry potential and I'd say it's my best premium tank after ELC EVEN 90 and Progetto 46. You can talk all you want but this thing will dominate alot of your tier VIII matches. And it is indeed, cleaning up right now :B

Edited by saurilian, 03 March 2020 - 10:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users