chieftain 279e ebr tier10isshitnow

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

C4nn3D_H34T #1 Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 58783 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

I've been playing this game at since 2012.  None of the changes and development has spoiled gameplay too much for me until recently.

1.  EBRs totally ruin the game.  They introduce a complete randomness to gameplay.  You cant hit them, and if you do they magically absorb shots into their wheels.  If skilled players keep them alive until end game they literally run circles round people and clean up and there is nothing you can do about it.  They break the game.

2.  The number of OP tanks now in the hands of all the best players.  What can you do with your standard tier 10s?  279e, chieftain and 907 to a lesser extent.  They are the best tanks in the game, mostly in the hands of the best players just destroying the opposition.  

I came across a very good player yesterday in a chieftain.  70% win rate in it his most played tank.  Says it all.  I msged him after and told him it was ruining the game for others and they will leave, but his response was that the NA server only has about 5k people on it so a lot of people have to leave EU before he stops playing it!

At the moment I am moving to play lower tiers.  I also think that people can vote with their money.  I have been on a verge of buying the 60% discount bourrasque, but to be honest im not sure if im going to be around much longer to play it.

evilchaosmonkey #2 Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18585 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

And in come lots of posts saying the EBR is balanced and a fun change to the game.

Plus the other tanks are open to all players/why shouldn't the best players be rewarded..... so it's fair......

Of course it isn't fair or fun.

Neodymium9 #3 Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22484 battles

View PostC4nn3D_H34T, on 03 March 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

I've been playing this game at since 2012.  None of the changes and development has spoiled gameplay too much for me until recently.

1.  EBRs totally ruin the game.  They introduce a complete randomness to gameplay.  You cant hit them, and if you do they magically absorb shots into their wheels.  If skilled players keep them alive until end game they literally run circles round people and clean up and there is nothing you can do about it.  They break the game.

2.  The number of OP tanks now in the hands of all the best players.  What can you do with your standard tier 10s?  279e, chieftain and 907 to a lesser extent.  They are the best tanks in the game, mostly in the hands of the best players just destroying the opposition.  

I came across a very good player yesterday in a chieftain.  70% win rate in it his most played tank.  Says it all.  I msged him after and told him it was ruining the game for others and they will leave, but his response was that the NA server only has about 5k people on it so a lot of people have to leave EU before he stops playing it!

At the moment I am moving to play lower tiers.  I also think that people can vote with their money.  I have been on a verge of buying the 60% discount bourrasque, but to be honest im not sure if im going to be around much longer to play it.

279e can be unlocked by anyone,you don't have to be in a clan,so i don't see the problem there,plus if  you have a large caliber gun you can shoot he (for the time being) or spam gold ammo,or aim for the cupola.

Is it better than a techtree heavy? Yes but it needs to be like that in order to be a real reward after completing hard missions , and not a big dissapointment.

Vtsuk #4 Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13473 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

View PostNeodymium9, on 03 March 2020 - 08:41 PM, said:

279e can be unlocked by anyone,you don't have to be in a clan,so i don't see the problem there,plus if  you have a large caliber gun you can shoot he (for the time being) or spam gold ammo,or aim for the cupola.

Is it better than a techtree heavy? Yes but it needs to be like that in order to be a real reward after completing hard missions , and not a big dissapointment.

Yes, i totally agree just like the Stug IV and the T28 Concept!

Plus if you got the cash you can get a 279e with some "help"...

CmdRatScabies #5 Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Yes but it needs to be like that in order to be a real reward after completing hard missions , and not a big dissapointment.

Well that's really a problem in the way WG incentivise players to grind tanks, modes, missions etc.  Almost their only trick seems to be to offer an OP reward.

splash_time #6 Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15574 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNeodymium9, on 03 March 2020 - 10:41 PM, said:

He's right. 

And I guess next campaign reward would be UFO. :hiding:

krismorgan #7 Posted 03 March 2020 - 10:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38056 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
The op or not op tanks are not the problem its the moron playerbase that annoys me the most,I am no unicum but these "teammates" are at best described as "special".The tanks i can handle.

MeetriX #8 Posted 03 March 2020 - 10:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25588 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

279e can be unlocked by anyone,

Not true, but that is not good players fault.

24doom24 #9 Posted 03 March 2020 - 10:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9175 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostNeodymium9, on 03 March 2020 - 07:41 PM, said:

Not really lol. It's not a grind like the bourrasque challenge. Only the very best players get it. Something is not right with you if you can't see whats wrong with giving good players OP tank to stomp randoms even harder. Yes you can shoot HE and try to hit the micro cupolas but that doesn't negate the fact it has no LFP and is a completely BS tank that should have never existed in the first place. 

It should be rewarding tanks like the AE Phase 1. Ok tanks with a unique mechanic.

Edited by 24doom24, 03 March 2020 - 10:52 PM.

tajj7 #10 Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29277 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostC4nn3D_H34T, on 03 March 2020 - 06:01 PM, said:

You cant hit them

Don't speak for other people, if you can't hit them that is your problem, I hit them easily and from experience playing them (which surprise surprise you don't really have, though they are clearly so OP with your 450 damage with the EBR 90) other people hit them easily.

Also good players beating people in 1v1s end game, who'd have thought, that never ever happens at all in the history of the game, oh wait......

I also have to laugh at the irony of someone complaining about others playing 'broken tanks' when your most played 'tank' is the CGC, you have played over 1500 games clicking in a broken arty, so it seems very hypocritical to start moaning at others for 'ruining the game'. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:48 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 36325 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
The EBR is balanced and a fun change to the game.

ZlatanArKung #12 Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 03 March 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

And in come lots of posts saying the EBR is balanced and a fun change to the game.

Plus the other tanks are open to all players/why shouldn't the best players be rewarded..... so it's fair......

Of course it isn't fair or fun.

Best players could get rewarded for their efforts in some pseudo-competetive mode.

But the reward shouldn't be an OP tank, it should be a balanced tank. 

JaffaStar #13 Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54663 battles
  • [BORG] BORG
WG focus only on Russian server and unicorn players ... everybody else does not matter ... 

Bora_BOOM #14 Posted 04 March 2020 - 01:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31115 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

I don't care whether wheelchairs are good or bad for the game, if they are OP or not, broken or not, magic wheel-armored or not, hard to play, fun to play.

I don't care cause all that is trumped by the fact that HAVING THEM IN THE GAME IS STUPID.

MeetriX #15 Posted 04 March 2020 - 01:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25588 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 04 March 2020 - 10:48 AM, said:

The EBR is balanced and a fun change to the game.

Funny way to type SPG.

eldrak #16 Posted 04 March 2020 - 01:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53251 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

View PostNeodymium9, on 03 March 2020 - 07:41 PM, said:

Yes but it needs to be like that in order to be a real reward after completing hard missions , and not a big dissapointment.

No. It just needs to be not bad 

T55A and 260 are perfect examples of how it should be done. People will unlock these tanks and the 279e anyway because you do that automatically by playing.

SlyMeerkat #17 Posted 04 March 2020 - 01:27 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19405 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
Yeah im not a big fan of EBRs and used to love my LT plays but not anymore since they came in, now i very rarely if ever play Lights..... There certainly needs to be a limit on them, 1 aside and same for Arty too but way it is, id rather see 3 Arty than 3 EBRs anytime 

tajj7 #18 Posted 04 March 2020 - 03:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29277 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 04 March 2020 - 12:27 PM, said:

Yeah im not a big fan of EBRs and used to love my LT plays but not anymore since they came in, now i very rarely if ever play Lights..... There certainly needs to be a limit on them, 1 aside and same for Arty too but way it is, id rather see 3 Arty than 3 EBRs anytime 

I'd take 3 EBR all day every day over 3 arty, 3 EBR, drive around, bad ones die really quickly and all you have to do is shoot them and they are gone, most are spotted all the time as well.

As opposed to 3 arty who you can't shoot at all until end game, if you haven't already been clicked to death, they rarely die early and they allow terrible players to contribute to the game way above their skill level. No real comparison to me, one has clear counter play and scales with skill, the other is an uncounterable tablet level game for children that has somehow been allowed into a competitive multiplayer game. 

Edited by tajj7, 04 March 2020 - 03:19 PM.

C4nn3D_H34T #19 Posted 04 March 2020 - 03:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 58783 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View Posttajj7, on 04 March 2020 - 09:05 AM, said:

Don't speak for other people, if you can't hit them that is your problem, I hit them easily and from experience playing them (which surprise surprise you don't really have, though they are clearly so OP with your 450 damage with the EBR 90) other people hit them easily.

Also good players beating people in 1v1s end game, who'd have thought, that never ever happens at all in the history of the game, oh wait......

I also have to laugh at the irony of someone complaining about others playing 'broken tanks' when your most played 'tank' is the CGC, you have played over 1500 games clicking in a broken arty, so it seems very hypocritical to start moaning at others for 'ruining the game'. 

I enjoy playing arty.  I dont mind playing against arty.  They do little damage these days compared to previously.  I need to keep playing arty to complete SPG missions.  I will play more arty now in tier 10 to focus 279e and cheiftain.  Arty does not make the gameplay imbalanced.

I used to play a lot of light tanks.  Gameplay has changed due to EBRs.  That is ok, but he mechanics of EBRs in this game is broken. I am not talking about 1 v 1, the better player winning, that wuld be stupid.  I am crapwith EBRs, you are right.

If you are happy to see 3 EBRs in each side plus more and more 279e and cheiftains in the lineup then keep paying your money, that is your choice and your vote, but if you think they better the game please justify your thinking.

tajj7 #20 Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29277 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostC4nn3D_H34T, on 04 March 2020 - 02:56 PM, said:

I enjoy playing arty.  I dont mind playing against arty.  They do little damage these days compared to previously.  I need to keep playing arty to complete SPG missions.  I will play more arty now in tier 10 to focus 279e and cheiftain.  Arty does not make the gameplay imbalanced.

I used to play a lot of light tanks.  Gameplay has changed due to EBRs.  That is ok, but he mechanics of EBRs in this game is broken. I am not talking about 1 v 1, the better player winning, that wuld be stupid.  I am crapwith EBRs, you are right.

If you are happy to see 3 EBRs in each side plus more and more 279e and cheiftains in the lineup then keep paying your money, that is your choice and your vote, but if you think they better the game please justify your thinking.

Then like I said its very hypocritical to be messaging a guy playing a Chieftain saying he is 'ruining the game' because he plays his reward tank, whilst you play the uncounterable, no skill clicking machine from base, which ruins the game way more than a handful of OP reward tanks every will.

Chieftain and 279e are annoying, but at least if the person plays badly, overextends etc. they generally tend to die and you can counter them, if I play a game I at least have a chance to kill a Chieftain, if he is not positioned well its actually pretty easy, but a player like you, needing little skill or knowledge can safely click on me all game from the back of the map, with zero risk and I can do nothing about it.

Which IMO is massively more broken than anything else in the game and hilariously lacking self awareness on your part. 

I am not particularly happy with multiples of any vehicle in a game, I don;t think game works well when there multiple TDs on each team, multiple arty, multiple lights, multiple too good heavies etc. It creates poorly balanced gameplay. 

But I would much prefer to face 3 EBRs than 3 arty for the simple reason that I can see where EBRs are, they are hard to play and I can counter them, none of which applies to arty. In short EBRs are IMO balanced, they have some very strong abilities no doubt, but they have plenty of weaknesses as well and there is clear counterplay against them, again something that can't be said about arty.

As for the 279e and Chieftain, well I think both are OP and should be nerfed, but I could hardly say they are 'ruining the game' like you claim, there are barely 5k 279es on the EU server and about 10k Chieftains.

65k people own the CGC, and that is just one of 5 tier 10 arties, over 200k people own the two 183s HESH spamming tanks, 157k 430Us, stuff like that is far more numerous and easily as impacting on gameplay as those two tanks. 

Those two reward tanks are OP, but a much bigger fuss is made about them than the actual impact they have, in part IMO because they are hard to get so jealously and resentment makes people exaggerate about them and make a bigger fuss about them.  

Also tagged with chieftain, 279e, ebr, tier10isshitnow

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users