Which Referral Premium to choose? (Commander)

referral season three

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

General_Philip #1 Posted 05 March 2020 - 04:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2391 battles

So my recruit just finished his contract and now it's time to choose my rewards. These are the tanks available.

Now let me say that my priority is credit farming, I'm a F2P player and I don't use either premium consumables or premium account. I really don't know which one to go for so I'd like some input from more experienced folks.

When I finished my own recruit contract, I took Su 122-44 which I now regret since Panther M/10 is the better credit farmer. So this time, I won't make the decision on my own.

P.S: I'm not a new player, I had an account some years ago which I gave to my brother. So I'm quite familiar with game mechanics. I've been away for a long time and just want to know which tank is meta and decent right now. (Probably none of them are, if they were, WG wouldn't let us have it for free.)

Attached Files

• Attached File   Capture.PNG   452.99K

Edited by General_Philip, 05 March 2020 - 04:24 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 05 March 2020 - 04:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76437 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Credit framing is a factor on your style of play too, not just the tank alone. HTs have higher repair, and can go both ways on ammo. Lights less so. So for my style mediums and lights get more end profit vs TDs and HTs. And since styles differ, you might get some different responses on what works for income.

So consider that too on what style you do like and post that here. So people can help you find a tank that fits you better. Out of the HTs I would say the E5, as the 90mm US ammo is dirt cheap. T92 is cheap to run too, as rounds with just assist and little to not shells used or damage taken will bump that end profit up if that's your only focus.

As for what not to pick? IMO the 112, pen is to low. And bounces don't reward credits. And the shells are not cheap on it if you get rounds where you don't connect the shots, and have a high repair on top of it.

Edited by Balc0ra, 05 March 2020 - 04:33 PM.

General_Philip #3 Posted 05 March 2020 - 04:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2391 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 05 March 2020 - 04:32 PM, said:

Credit framing is a factor on your style of play too, not just the tank alone. HTs have higher repair, and can go both ways on ammo. Lights less so. So for my style mediums and lights get more end profit vs TDs and HTs. And since styles differ, you might get some different responses on what works for income.

So consider that too on what style you do like and post that here. So people can help you find a tank that fits you better. Out of the HTs I would say the E5, as the 90mm US ammo is dirt cheap. T92 is cheap to run too, as rounds with just assist and little to not shells used or damage taken will bump that end profit up if that's your only focus.

As for what not to pick? IMO the 112, pen is to low. And bounces don't reward credits. And the shells are not cheap on it if you get rounds where you don't connect the shots, and have a high repair on top of it.

I'm a very aggressive player. I was thinking about E5 or FV. FV is more mobile, E5 has more armor. I really don't know which one to go for. I'll probably go for FV since I once had Caernarvon AX and I really hated it. E5 is sorta close to C AX.

Have u played the FV? Is it a good tank?

I also gt BlackMutz from the black market. That's what makes me hesitant to go for the FV.

Zapfhan #4 Posted 05 March 2020 - 05:01 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 24143 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

As you want to farm credits I would recommend a tank that checks the following aspects.

1. Cheap rounds
  2. good penetration
  3. Gameplay fits your preference

1. 1,025 Credits for the AP is on the higher end for the available tanks
  2. 186 Penetration can be enough for many tanks but as soon as you face more "brawly" heavy tanks it won't be enough.
  3. The gameplay in my opinion wouldn't fit the tanks you played a lot on your account. Its more close up and tanky thus you will be quite exposed to a lot of fire.

AMX M4

1. 1,030 Credits is the highest of the 4 candidates and an obvious downside.
  2. 232 Penetration is also the highest and thus quite comfortable to play even when facing some higher tiered tanks.
  3. The tank is quite slow and has not the best gunhandling thus i am not sure if you would enjoy to play this tank a lot for credits.

T26E5

1. 255 Credits per shot is super low cost even for only 240 damage per shot.
  2. 230 Penetration is more than enough to deal with most enemies you will face.
  3. The Jumbo Pershing is armored enough to play the heavy role in tier VIII battles and mobile enough to join medium tanks if you'll be on the lower ranks.

FV4202

1. 680 Credits is not as cheap as you would wish for a medium tank gun.
  2. 226 Penetration on the other hand is quite nice to have.
  3. The Tank would kinda fit the play style of the Schwarzpanzer you already have.

My choice in your situation would be the T26E5 as it is an Allrounder that can adapt to many situations.  

MeNoobTank #5 Posted 05 March 2020 - 05:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18697 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC

I also recomend the T26E5 as it is obviously the best from the list.

I played it but for me just didn't worked. I find it boring to play and the low alpha is a drowback for me. Even if I don't like the tank I must admit it is one of the better premium heavies and the best credit farming tank.

Miepie #6 Posted 05 March 2020 - 05:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5751 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You have the Su-122-44 and play it well. I have both that and the JT88 from the list. Do not ever think the two are comparable. the SU has mobility, the JT does not. The SU bounces things due to armour angling, the JT relies on thickness and that is a lot less versatile. The SU kicks hard with a single shell which is nice to "punish people for their mistakes" (to quote Skill4ltu) in a brief instant, while the JT has a pew-pew gun which means you have to shoot people on a regular basis to even make them notice you (saying it like that makes it sound like an occasional advantage... hm)... For your goal of making credits: do not pick the JT88.

I also have the 112. It is fun to play when drunk, just like my M48 rpz and Mauerbrecher. It bounces stuff, it looks nice the way I decorated it, and new players can be intimidated by your big-looking gun. But it does not make a lot of credits, because you have trouble hitting things and if you do actually hit them, you have trouble penetrating. It can be great fun to be a meatshield decoy that seems to achieve more from tracking hits than from attempts to do damage, but it does not suit your creditmaking goal.

No comment on the other tanks. :popcorn:

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 05 March 2020 - 05:57 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36329 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
T26E5 is probably the best overall, then AMX and 112.

moldovanvali #8 Posted 05 March 2020 - 06:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16047 battles
T26E5 for sure. I traded the E75 TS I won gambling + gold to buy this tank and never looked back. Strong turret and very good DPM + silver penn.

JOSEBA_PRIME #9 Posted 06 March 2020 - 12:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24126 battles
  • [FOXUS] FOXUS

If you want a good credit maker from that list you only have 2 options, either T26E5 either AMX M4 49.

Both heavys are very good, it's up to you. AMX has way more frontal hull armour and better alpha dmg. T26E5 has better turret armour and better gun handling.

splash_time #10 Posted 06 March 2020 - 07:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I'm a F2P too, the best are T26E5 & AMX M4 49.

leFH_is_balanced #11 Posted 06 March 2020 - 09:33 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21343 battles

T26E5 and 112.

112 has really good armor and pref mm (take lots of HE if you dont fire HEAT)

T26E5 is a good credit maker

All others range from meh to godawful.

T92 is not much fun in the EBR meta.

Amx has a big weakpoint on top, bad side armor and bad DPM

Jg tig 8.8 is meh

Never pick the following unless you have everything else : Panther 8.8, fv4202. Panther 8.8 is considered the worst tier 8 prem and the 4202 isnt much better.

Edited by leFH_is_balanced, 06 March 2020 - 09:38 AM.

sokolicc #12 Posted 06 March 2020 - 10:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34513 battles
  • [V-TER] V-TER
E5 is better than cax. Smaller and armor works better, cax is huuge slow hp piniata.
T92 - it's crap but i love it and it was for me waaay easier 3rd mark than blackdog (which is 3rd best light in the game atm)

Rest - crap

Although i would like to get 112 if i find someone for referal, i already have soviet tier 8 heavy without peak nose (703) so i am not in urge of getting 112.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users