lock gun lock tank camera

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

lurixes #1 Posted 05 March 2020 - 08:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1124 battles
  • [EB_T] EB_T
Is there a way to lock your tank? I mean when I play tds like the Hetzer for example one thing really annoys me. When I am moving, I can look around with no problems but once I stop moving and my cursor is pointing somewhere to the side my gun starts automatically to turn in that direction and since the most tds don't have turrets, my vehicle starts turning too at some point which is really annoying. I don't want to always hold my rmb when looking around. Is there a way to lock your tank so it doesn't move because of the gun not being  able to turn further??

Ringo_Star #2 Posted 05 March 2020 - 08:52 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 65062 battles
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
I think "X" is default key for locking tank.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76437 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
There is no "toggle" switch for the RMB function if that's what you meant. It's a hold to activate function only.

splash_time #4 Posted 05 March 2020 - 10:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRingo_Star, on 05 March 2020 - 10:52 PM, said:

I think "X" is default key for locking tank.

Yes "X" key is for "hull lock".

You can use it for SPGs and TDs. Because they usually don't have turrets.

CmdRatScabies #5 Posted 05 March 2020 - 10:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postlurixes, on 05 March 2020 - 08:46 PM, said:

Is there a way to lock your tank? I mean when I play tds like the Hetzer for example one thing really annoys me. When I am moving, I can look around with no problems but once I stop moving and my cursor is pointing somewhere to the side my gun starts automatically to turn in that direction and since the most tds don't have turrets, my vehicle starts turning too at some point which is really annoying. I don't want to always hold my rmb when looking around. Is there a way to lock your tank so it doesn't move because of the gun not being  able to turn further??

I think it doesn't turn the hull in sniper mode.  I actually use mod to release the hull brake so it does turn.

NekoPuffer_PPP #6 Posted 05 March 2020 - 10:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36048 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postlurixes, on 05 March 2020 - 08:46 PM, said:

Just press and hold RMB (right mouse button).

It will lock your gun from turning, which also locks your hull from turning if you point the camera outside your gun's traverse angle limit.

When in Sniper view, your tank's hull won't turn if you reach your gun's turning limit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users