• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

MelonicRandomizerYT #1 Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4870 battles
  • [DNUTZ] DNUTZ

Hey lads,

I am still quite new to world of tanks and I am not the best player but after playing with a friend in the referal program, I've gotten the T26E5 (I currently have a miserable 23% WR on it), I've played it but my winrate has gone to sh*t all of a sudden while playing with it. Why? How?

I know that I need to improve my own playing as well, but in there battles I play with said tank, the battles feel hopeless, before I know it, our team is down by 6 vehicles. I do not believe that it is rng, for it has been like this for like three days.

How can I improve myself? How can I make the best of these situations? What am I supposed to do?

Skärmbild (245).png

Edited by MelonicRandomizerYT, 05 March 2020 - 09:02 PM.

RaxipIx #2 Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36047 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

To be frank, you are playing in tier 8 MM while not being ready for that. 

Second bad streaks do happen,  and you don't have that many games in it, so the data is volatile. If you chain for example like 5 wins in a row, you will be  over 40% for ex.

I suspect you don't have the map knowledge yet to play hull down, the e5 is a hull down tank, with good pend and DPM. Try to  position in such a way that the enemies can only shoot the turret of the tank.  e5 in  the open is a dead tank in seconds.

Probably best is watch a few yt videos of good players playing in it. Where they go, how they position, etc.

Edited by RaxipIx, 05 March 2020 - 09:22 PM.

Jumping_TurtIe #3 Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6478 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
One of the best tips I got when starting this game was after each battle ask yourself what you could have done different and/or better. Learn from your mistakes. Watching some unicum play a tank at a level that most of us will never reach is not always the best way to go. And you are the one who can see where it did go wrong and how and when you died. Rethink that and learn from it.

splash_time #4 Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15611 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

First, go down to lower tiers (5-6), and try to learn gameplay of different maps and tanks.

Because the higher tier you play, the harder it gets.

About losing, it's usual. I have my proggeto 65, one of the best MTs and a meta tank. My wr with it is 49% because of my teams. 

View PostMelonicRandomizerYT, on 05 March 2020 - 11:02 PM, said:

How can I improve myself? How can I make the best of these situations? What am I supposed to do?

Skärmbild (245).png

Watch some replays on YouTube. Or follow a good streamer (i would recommend Skill4ltu) and try to learn from his live streams on twitch or either YouTube. 

Gl. :)

MelonicRandomizerYT #5 Posted 06 March 2020 - 05:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4870 battles
  • [DNUTZ] DNUTZ

View PostRaxipIx, on 05 March 2020 - 09:21 PM, said:

To be frank, you are playing in tier 8 MM while not being ready for that. 

Second bad streaks do happen,  and you don't have that many games in it, so the data is volatile. If you chain for example like 5 wins in a row, you will be  over 40% for ex.

I suspect you don't have the map knowledge yet to play hull down, the e5 is a hull down tank, with good pend and DPM. Try to  position in such a way that the enemies can only shoot the turret of the tank.  e5 in  the open is a dead tank in seconds.

Probably best is watch a few yt videos of good players playing in it. Where they go, how they position, etc.

I know that much, it being a hull down tank, Ive watched almost all reviews on it that I could find and checked statistics, You may be right that I do not know the proper hull down locations, and I try to learn about them. Although a lot of replays feel like people just being incredibly lucky, Even then, it does not explain the team, two tanks usually dying within the first two minutes, I dont know, i may just be salty, but ill continue to push on and learn, but still, thank you

16:18 Added after 0 minute

View Postsplash_time, on 05 March 2020 - 09:37 PM, said:

First, go down to lower tiers (5-6), and try to learn gameplay of different maps and tanks.

Because the higher tier you play, the harder it gets.

About losing, it's usual. I have my proggeto 65, one of the best MTs and a meta tank. My wr with it is 49% because of my teams. 

Watch some replays on YouTube. Or follow a good streamer (i would recommend Skill4ltu) and try to learn from his live streams on twitch or either YouTube. 

Gl. :)

Hey!

What lower tier tanks would you recommend?

splash_time #6 Posted 06 March 2020 - 05:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15611 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMelonicRandomizerYT, on 06 March 2020 - 07:17 PM, said:

I know that much, it being a hull down tank, Ive watched almost all reviews on it that I could find and checked statistics, You may be right that I do not know the proper hull down locations, and I try to learn about them. Although a lot of replays feel like people just being incredibly lucky, Even then, it does not explain the team, two tanks usually dying within the first two minutes, I dont know, i may just be salty, but ill continue to push on and learn, but still, thank you

16:18 Added after 0 minute

Hey!

What lower tier tanks would you recommend?

KV-1, KV-2 (fun to play with it and good credit maker with HE), AMX ELC Bis, M44, VK 30.01 P, T-34-85, T 150, T 34, T67 and so on... :)

RaxipIx #7 Posted 07 March 2020 - 09:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36047 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

I really wouldn't say go back to low tiers, because you learn nothing in tier 5-6 about facing tier 10-9 tanks. What you learn is the maps mostly, and some basic mechanics.

If you really want to learn to play that tank, best bet is T-29 HT. A very good american ht, that has a strong turret, similar to the t26e5. 

fwhaatpiraat #8 Posted 07 March 2020 - 09:49 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 61793 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostRaxipIx, on 07 March 2020 - 09:13 AM, said:

I really wouldn't say go back to low tiers, because you learn nothing in tier 5-6 about facing tier 10-9 tanks. What you learn is the maps mostly, and some basic mechanics.

If you really want to learn to play that tank, best bet is T-29 HT. A very good american ht, that has a strong turret, similar to the t26e5. 

Learning basic mechanics (gun and penetration mechanics, view range and camo, how armor works) is really important. Ofcourse can be learned at high tiers, but that's really punishing, harming the team and imo unfun. The first time I played the Cromwell I had a big smile on my face, because it's so fast. If you go to high tiers from the start, you won't have such experiences with tanks like Cromwell, T29, T32 or amx 50 100 I suppose.

TheJumpMaster #9 Posted 07 March 2020 - 11:53 AM

Major General

• 51065 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I am not familiar with your skill set or ability to play this game, but as suggested - don't rush up the tiers. Spend more time at lower tiers to learn the mechanics and maps. You can also learn form the seal clubbers.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 07 March 2020 - 01:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76387 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Besides asking for advice here. I would simply tell you to take notes of why you failed. Figure out what's not working and try to reverse it. Sure you can be let down by your team, and there was nothing you could have done. But even then, there might be a scenario where you would have lost less worse. So don't just quit back to the garage next time. Look on what you did wrong, not gonna learn from that if you don't notice it. As you won't learn from mistakes if you don't know what they were in the first place.

Did you push too far alone? Hold a flank alone when you should have fallen back? Do you know your tanks strengths and do you use them? Or is it down to you not looking at the map before you move it?

Jin91 #11 Posted 07 March 2020 - 01:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2906 battles
Good tip is to blame the Russian bias as well 

mpf1959 #12 Posted 07 March 2020 - 02:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34038 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

What am I doing wrong?

Worrying about it :girl:

burbage1 #13 Posted 07 March 2020 - 03:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1465 battles

With all these premiums getting thrown about, tier 8 is the new seal-clubbers paradise.

Crasharr #14 Posted 08 March 2020 - 01:35 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17396 battles
  • [DGAH] DGAH

View PostMelonicRandomizerYT, on 05 March 2020 - 09:02 PM, said:

Hey lads,

I am still quite new to world of tanks and I am not the best player but after playing with a friend in the referal program, I've gotten the T26E5 (I currently have a miserable 23% WR on it), I've played it but my winrate has gone to sh*t all of a sudden while playing with it. Why? How?

I know that I need to improve my own playing as well, but in there battles I play with said tank, the battles feel hopeless, before I know it, our team is down by 6 vehicles. I do not believe that it is rng, for it has been like this for like three days.

Skärmbild (245).png

Your biggest mistake is to even look at your statics. If you enjoy the game, great... keep playing. If its getting all about statistics and keeping score... In todays WOT with nothing but overpowered T8 P2W tanks and freely abused premium ammo, crap map lay-outs etc will make sure you will never get decent stats.

Play what you enjoy, not what the numbers say.

Hyina #15 Posted 08 March 2020 - 02:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 62491 battles

Relax, the initial stages of getting familiar with a game is always going to be rough. I rushed for the 121 straightaway and sped through the line to get it, back when there were no boosters available. As a result I failed to learn anything from t1-9 and when I had 10-15k games overall, my WR was something like 41-45%.

Everyone has a different learning curve, some people just naturally pick things up quicker than others but that doesn't mean you won't eventually. The key is the humility of owning up to your mistakes and understanding why. Nobody likes to be told crapby others and majority of time they are wrong anyway. It's knowing who to listen and understanding the logic behind the thinking. It took me many years to learn gradually from my mistakes and I used to be a typical noob who rants in the chat (still am somedays lol). Have uninstalled and reinstalled probably 10x over 7 years and have gone through a number of laptops. No journey is easy and if it's not challenging, frankly it's not worth your time (I see so many people with 10k+ games in the Luchs, T67, the old T18, old KV1s, old Hellcat etc. - and always chuckle to myself, but hey that's a different conversation entirely.) Back on topic I'd recommend Skill4ltu's content he's an good guy who gives honest opinions on tanks and explains his gameplay quite well imo, and have a good laugh too.

The second part is the MM, these days games are getting shorter and shorter due to unbalanced teams, 2-15, 15-3, 5-15, all very common. I personally find it now easier to 100% mark a tank than maintain a solo 60+% WR in it - 99.99% of my games are played solo so I can really tell the difference from when I first started marking to now. WR can be picked up eventually, don't worry about it, it's more important to know you've played well and what could you have done differently that may be a better option. It took me 6 yrs to take my most played tank 121 from 41% WR to over 50% now, just saying. :)

BattleMetalChris #16 Posted 08 March 2020 - 02:56 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9684 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Turn replays on and watch yourself in them.

You'll almost certainly find yourself doing things that'll have you shouting at the screen, remember them and don't do them next time.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 08 March 2020 - 09:19 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 36325 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostMelonicRandomizerYT, on 05 March 2020 - 09:02 PM, said:

I do not believe that it is rng, for it has been like this for like three days.P

If you are looking to get better then forget about any of the crackpot theories you'll hear from certain people. As soon as you start believing those you'll never get any better because you'll always have that excuse to fail back on.

There are only two factors affecting how well you do. The first is RNG which is entirely out of your control, but the effects of which you can mitigate with good play. The second is you which is entirely within your control to change, git gud. 

If you want some direct advice for how to improve then upload a couple replays for critique. Not one where you have an epic game or one where you clearly did something dumb, but one where you feel you should have done better and want some suggestion as to where you could have done things differently. The criticism will likely be harsh, but honest. Take it with that in mind and it will be useful to you. 

Also tagged with winrate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users