mod free environment

mod cheating

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

The_Eraserhead #1 Posted 06 March 2020 - 08:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21286 battles

I've been playing for some 9 years now, sometimes a leap year, but in al a fair amount of experience. I'm so getting fed up with all those autoshoot mods. And it's so obvious, for example, you get spotted for the first time and immediately, in the same ms, you get shot from 3 - 5 tanks, normally it takes a flesh person some time to seek and aim (in the past they did, or has mankind already evolved?), or: you see the enemy is hunting for something, you approach from the side or back and without a delay his gun rolls to you, at your most weak spot and shoots you. Yes, you can call me a whining n00b that cannot take his losses, but seeing the difference in gameplay years ago and now, nobody can deny the excessive amount of 'illegal' mods and this is getting very frustrating, to lose from people who have no skills whatsoever only because they have a mod who does all their work, the more that I'm a paying customer and do not see my money's worth anymore.

Someone had suggested, back in 2016 (http://forum.worldof...od-free-server/) for a mod free environment, and I would love to bring that idea back again. Since this is not a server side issue, one has to play with another mode in his gamecenter, namely mod-free, then you would have: normal play - safe mode for issues with mods - common test (if installed) - and this mod free mod free mode, where you only get in games with likewise who play without mods.

vixu #2 Posted 06 March 2020 - 08:15 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 46422 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
Nope... not going to call you 
"a whining n00b that cannot take his losses"

Never the less, learn to play. 

I play pretty careless, but I always know why I was PWNed. And cheating is hardly ever a suspect.

Achilles_47 #3 Posted 06 March 2020 - 08:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10335 battles
  • [TGRNL] TGRNL
i agree with u , if u want no cheating in the game , start with not allowing any mods in the game , i got the same experience ones u get spotted u immediately get shot by 5 or 6 tanks within mini seconds 

GodTank2 #4 Posted 06 March 2020 - 08:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10124 battles
  • [RF_] RF_
Well if i drive in the middle of the map and get spotted ofc i will get shot by 5 tanks at the same time. There is no "Aimbot" mode, its called autoaim and its in the game itself.

Bigtime_Alarm #5 Posted 06 March 2020 - 08:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23079 battles
I love all the cheating, I only play the game to be a pinata for some hero with an aimbot.

NekoPuffer_PPP #6 Posted 06 March 2020 - 08:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36048 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostThe_Eraserhead, on 06 March 2020 - 08:07 PM, said:

I've been playing for some 9 years now, sometimes a leap year, but in al a fair amount of experience. I'm so getting fed up with all those autoshoot mods. And it's so obvious, for example, you get spotted for the first time and immediately, in the same ms, you get shot from 3 - 5 tanks, normally it takes a flesh person some time to seek and aim (in the past they did, or has mankind already evolved?)

You blabber on about how you're experienced with this game, but you still don't understand that the Sixth Sense lightbulb only pops up THREE SECONDS AFTER the moment you've been spotted? (can be reduced to 2 seconds with a Directive)

or: you see the enemy is hunting for something, you approach from the side or back and without a delay his gun rolls to you, at your most weak spot and shoots you.

Could you please elaborate this situation in more detail?

I can't wait to tell you about more gameplay situations you don't understand and think are HAX.

Go on...

divsmo #7 Posted 06 March 2020 - 08:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39596 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 06 March 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

You blabber on about how you're experienced with this game, but you still don't understand that the Sixth Sense lightbulb only pops up THREE SECONDS AFTER the moment you've been spotted? (can be reduced to 2 seconds with a Directive)

Could you please elaborate this situation in more detail?

I can't wait to tell you about more gameplay situations you don't understand and think are HAX.

Go on...

Tbh i've given up on even trying to educate people like this anymore. Even on the off chance they actually take anything on board there's plenty more where they came from.

MeetriX #8 Posted 06 March 2020 - 08:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25772 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

Current situation basically is this:

Some play vanilla.

Some play with mods.

Some play with cheat mods.

Try to guess who would play in "Mod free server"?

BravelyRanAway #9 Posted 06 March 2020 - 09:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25013 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostThe_Eraserhead, on 06 March 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

but seeing the difference in gameplay years ago and now, nobody can deny the excessive amount of 'illegal' mods and this is getting very frustrating, to lose from people who have no skills whatsoever only because they have a mod who does all their work, the more that I'm a paying customer and do not see my money's worth anymore.

Can you post a few replays of games where illegal mods like 'aim-bot' was used against you.

Thanks. 

Balc0ra #10 Posted 06 March 2020 - 09:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76437 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I've been playing for some 9 years now, sometimes a leap year, but in al a fair amount of experience. I'm so getting fed up with all those autoshoot mods. And it's so obvious, for example, you get spotted for the first time and immediately, in the same ms, you get shot from 3 - 5 tanks, normally it takes a flesh person some time to seek and aim (in the past they did, or has mankind already evolved?),

This might come as a shock to you. But early on, you expect someone to get spotted crossing a part of the map, or on common camping spots etc. And when you see your light moving there in the first 30 seconds. You pre aim. Thus most are already there ready to hit you once you are spotted.

And yes aimbots can snap. But at mid to long-range, their dispersion will still be massive as the mod can't alter that. So it won't be 0.01 for all of those 5 to have a 100% chance to hit you, unless they let the aim settle a bit first, even if the mod is aiming for him.

but seeing the difference in gameplay years ago and now, nobody can deny the excessive amount of 'illegal' mods and this is getting very frustrating, to lose from people who have no skills whatsoever only because they have a mod who does all their work, the more that I'm a paying customer and do not see my money's worth anymore.

No one is saying that there are no cheats. We know there are. But from just you getting hit, is not easy to prove alone anyone cheated. As you make it sound 100% impossible for anyone to snap to your cupola at 50m with 0.12 dispersion as many will have at that range, and hit the same spot twice. And if you think everyone hitting you, or even just got lucky is cheating. Then honestly. why play it at all? That notion won't go away, even if WG did anything. As everyone posting here about it, seems to detect more of it then WG do.

A few weeks ago we had someone seeing an update, and thus no mods were working. So he just came here to say it was a joy to play as no one was cheating. And he clearly did see a difference vs the week before. The issue was that the patch he got was 5 days ago. And all the mods were working just fine.

Someone had suggested, back in 2016 (http://forum.worldof...od-free-server/) for a mod free environment, and I would love to bring that idea back again. Since this is not a server side issue, one has to play with another mode in his gamecenter, namely mod-free, then you would have: normal play - safe mode for issues with mods - common test (if installed) - and this mod free mod free mode, where you only get in games with likewise who play without mods.

The mod support is deep in the client code. It's not an easy fix to pull out without rewriting most of the game, or making a brand new client for the mod free users. As I'm sure you know after 9 years... Res_mod and the mod folder are just there for you to fix it easily if your garage mod doesn't work. So for WG to force safemode, would just force use the original files. And if you install mods in the res folder. Overwriting the original files. Many will still work. And I suspect it will be trickier for WG to some mods if they were done like that.

_zzzz_ #11 Posted 06 March 2020 - 09:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 859 battles
  • [-4O4-] -4O4-

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 06 March 2020 - 09:07 PM, said:

Can you post a few replays of games where illegal mods like 'aim-bot' was used against you.

Thanks. 

You would not understand... Those "illegal mods" are used only against those that do not have replays enabled. :D

wsatnutter #12 Posted 06 March 2020 - 11:02 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 27022 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

As others have said so replays please 

Oh

Wait

That

Box

Not

Ticked

BravelyRanAway #13 Posted 06 March 2020 - 11:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25013 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postwsatnutter, on 06 March 2020 - 10:02 PM, said:

As others have said so replays please 

Oh

Wait

That

Box

Not

Ticked

...or.....it's takes up so much space on my hard-drive!:teethhappy:

divsmo #14 Posted 06 March 2020 - 11:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39596 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 06 March 2020 - 10:08 PM, said:

The dog ate it!

vixu #15 Posted 06 March 2020 - 11:19 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 46422 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
well... in theory, every new release makes replays unreplayable :D - no?

Orkbert #16 Posted 06 March 2020 - 11:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29449 battles

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 06 March 2020 - 08:29 PM, said:

Not to mention that people might pre-aim at locations where the tanks are usually appearing (given the usual tendencies of a lemmingtrain one can pretty much gauge the time when the first enemies will pop up on the screen)

Warzey #17 Posted 06 March 2020 - 11:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 61136 battles
  • [GO0FY] GO0FY

Let me just remind you that a lot of good features are in the game solely because of mods. Things like tank carousel or minimap features to name a few. 

The thing with "cheat" mods is that they have so little impact on the game that you'd be very hard pressed to notice them. 

Spurtung #18 Posted 06 March 2020 - 11:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78647 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostThe_Eraserhead, on 06 March 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

(...)

View PostAchilles_47, on 06 March 2020 - 07:19 PM, said:

(...)

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 06 March 2020 - 07:22 PM, said:

(...)

- Find the common denominator between the three of you.

- Then realize you also describe similar phenomenons and agree with each other.

- ???

- git gudder

NekoPuffer_PPP #19 Posted 07 March 2020 - 12:18 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36048 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 06 March 2020 - 11:08 PM, said:

That's why the "Last" option is there. :great:

lbot #20 Posted 07 March 2020 - 12:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17844 battles

Mods remind me of sports pharmacy industry. Only non-cheating pills are allowed, so people always try to stay as close to the edge of the allowed as possible, sometimes stepping over it, and sometimes even staying unnoticed.

Don't know if it is hard to implement, but if it is not, there should be the "no mods mode" in the game. For those who don't like the idea of using any mods at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users