How can a gaming company like Wargaming have inhumane policies at place?

inhumane company policy wargaming

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Mental_Hangover #1 Posted 08 March 2020 - 05:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 60097 battles
  • [HTFA] HTFA

I have been in this game for 8 years.

I participated in the event for the Bourrasque and achieved 3 missions.
Unfortunately my Mum was hospitalized and I had to travel abroad urgently to assist her.
She died a few days later.
Because of these sorry events I missed the opportunity to purchase this tank.

I approached Wargaming and asked to offer me the opportunity to purchase the tank even at a full price.

From there I got just excuses, which definitely contradict each other:

Answer #1:

"Sadly, the discount you received from completing stage 3 (you had access to stage 4 mission but wasn't completed) can no longer be used as the offer already ended. We still appreciate your participation and interest. Please log back in-game now and continue playing World of Tanks."

Answer #2:

"Unfortunately, its availability or offer has already ended. As much as we want to grant this request, it is unavailable on our end due to technical limitations. 

However, we highly suggest that you keep an eye on our news page as it may still be available in the near future: <...>"

Answer #3:

"While we would love to grant you access to this offer, we can only offer this exceptions when there was a purchase attempt while the offer was active but it has failed. Since this attempt is not present on your account, we are not able to grant you this offer."

I find their whole approach repulsive.

I found this sentence especially offensive: "Please log back in-game now and continue playing World of Tanks."

Like if I were some child to be reprimanded for my bad behavior.

Have you had any such experience with the customer service at Wargaming?

Edited by Mental_Hangover, 08 March 2020 - 07:57 PM.

PeaceWalker1 #2 Posted 08 March 2020 - 06:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18307 battles
  • [-WIR_] -WIR_

First off, my condolences for your loss.

It is definitly not nice of them and i think they should have been accommodating( i hope thats the right word), but i dont think that this behavior qualifies as repulsive or inhumane. Well, except for the "Please log back in-game now and continue playing World of Tanks." part, that was unnecessary and just doesnt sound right to me.

Orkbert #3 Posted 08 March 2020 - 06:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29449 battles
Talk about priorities, if it were less than three weeks since my mother died then not getting a pixel tank would be the least of my problems.

Mental_Hangover #4 Posted 08 March 2020 - 08:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 60097 battles
  • [HTFA] HTFA

View PostOrkbert, on 08 March 2020 - 05:41 PM, said:

Talk about priorities, if it were less than three weeks since my mother died then not getting a pixel tank would be the least of my problems.

I'm quite sure.

It was just something to help get back to regular life, after the long sleepless nights.

But I appreciate you indulge in personalities, really helps me feel better.

Gruff_ #5 Posted 08 March 2020 - 11:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24728 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Sorry for your loss.  It's not an inhumane policy, it's just the way it is.  However I do think the time to purchase should be longer than 3 days, I thought it was 10 for the TS-5 but I many be mistaken. 

It will be available in the store at a later date and hopefully you can put one of the discount vouchers towards it.

Nebuched #6 Posted 09 March 2020 - 02:57 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14459 battles
  • [RDFIR] RDFIR

View PostMental_Hangover, on 08 March 2020 - 05:49 PM, said:

I found this sentence especially offensive: "Please log back in-game now and continue playing World of Tanks."

If this really happened and I was CS team lead that person would have been fired....

In general they just give standard emotionless replies. It used to be even worse when you had CS agents bad at English so they didn't fully understand the ticket and you would get a strange reply in bad English. 

WaheedTheAlmighty #7 Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:16 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22309 battles
  • [LMG] LMG
Crap's tough, man. I was in the same boat. Did the same thing after it happened - kept playing tanks 24/7 and just suffered more and more. If I were you, I'd just quit this game and find a new hobby, plenty (or rather just a handful) of games besides this one. Or just pick up an IRL hobby. Keep your stress levels to a minimum, only play/do what is comfortable to you.

_SpartanWarrior_ #8 Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38308 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
their excuses are really bad

Also tagged with inhumane, company, policy, wargaming

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users