Jump to content


Matching - How?


  • Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Shenaniguns #1 Posted 08 March 2020 - 11:27 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 4204 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    10-23-2019

Excuse me, I’m fairly new to the game and don’t understand the matching system. The game is fairly cool and worked my way to Tier 6 with no real issues.

However at Tier 6 I seem to be always matched against mostly Tier 7 and 8 opponents; but NEVER with many other Tier 6 players and never any Tier 5 or 4 opponents at all. Of course, at Tier 6 I get squished by Tier 8 tanks that I cannot pen with any shot (yes I’m looking for a weak point), whilst they all seem to be able to finish me with one shot.

This makes for a frustrating, one-sided crappy game.

So, I bought a Tier 8 premium tank and now I always seem to get matched against mostly Tier 9 and 10 opponents; but NEVER with many other Tier 8 players and never any Tier 7 or 6 opponents at all.

How do you become one of those Tier 8 players that get matched against Tier 7 and Tier 6 opponents, rather than Tier 9 and 10?  Or a Tier 6 player that is not constantly matched against loads of tier 8 tanks? (I don’t mind once in a while, but it seems like all of the time).

Just wondered what I'm doing wrong before I leave the game for something that is fairer, or at least more evenly matched?

 



kaneloon #2 Posted 08 March 2020 - 11:36 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 32294 battles
  • 4,288
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011

If I remember correctly the stat is that you should be low tiers about 2 times out of 3.

So be careful not to play 1 game top tiers with a tiers 4 after 2 games tiers 8 low tiers ;)

Better to spam the same tiers 8 over and over.

 

But I believe that most "not low tiers" games now are "full tiers" games.



Steve8066 #3 Posted 08 March 2020 - 11:45 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21089 battles
  • 1,210
  • Member since:
    10-06-2015

View Postkaneloon, on 08 March 2020 - 11:36 PM, said:

If I remember correctly the stat is that you should be low tiers about 2 times out of 3.

So be careful not to play 1 game top tiers with a tiers 4 after 2 games tiers 8 low tiers ;)

Better to spam the same tiers 8 over and over.

 

But I believe that most "not low tiers" games now are "full tiers" games.

 

excuse my french, but the stat is absolute ********!!!! in practice you are bottom tier between 60 and 70% of the time.



Private_Miros #4 Posted 08 March 2020 - 11:58 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27238 battles
  • 10,526
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostSteve8066, on 08 March 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

 

excuse my french, but the stat is absolute ********!!!! in practice you are bottom tier between 60 and 70% of the time.

 

You should install a mod that allows you to see the average battle tier. Then you'll see that pretty quickly that shows that you in fact not more bottom tier than top tier.



Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:00 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 10529 battles
  • 7,228
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011
I dunno, I played a lot of tier 6 tanks today and had a fair share of tier 6 only battles as well as a few where I was toptier.

Steve8066 #6 Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:07 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21089 battles
  • 1,210
  • Member since:
    10-06-2015

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 08 March 2020 - 11:58 PM, said:

 

You should install a mod that allows you to see the average battle tier. Then you'll see that pretty quickly that shows that you in fact not more bottom tier than top tier.

 

i have on the other account, thats how i know its between 60 and 70%



PabloGee #7 Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:57 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33792 battles
  • 231
  • Member since:
    01-15-2014

View PostJohnnyShetPantz, on 08 March 2020 - 10:27 PM, said:

Excuse me, I’m fairly new to the game and don’t understand the matching system. The game is fairly cool and worked my way to Tier 6 with no real issues.

However at Tier 6 I seem to be always matched against mostly Tier 7 and 8 opponents; but NEVER with many other Tier 6 players and never any Tier 5 or 4 opponents at all. Of course, at Tier 6 I get squished by Tier 8 tanks that I cannot pen with any shot (yes I’m looking for a weak point), whilst they all seem to be able to finish me with one shot.

This makes for a frustrating, one-sided crappy game.

So, I bought a Tier 8 premium tank and now I always seem to get matched against mostly Tier 9 and 10 opponents; but NEVER with many other Tier 8 players and never any Tier 7 or 6 opponents at all.

How do you become one of those Tier 8 players that get matched against Tier 7 and Tier 6 opponents, rather than Tier 9 and 10?  Or a Tier 6 player that is not constantly matched against loads of tier 8 tanks? (I don’t mind once in a while, but it seems like all of the time).

Just wondered what I'm doing wrong before I leave the game for something that is fairer, or at least more evenly matched?

 

Dude  you have 43 % win rate. 

For god sake please do not touch anything but tier 3. 

Either you are troll so great job at 43 % or you just game ruiner. 

 

You even dare to complain about one sided games while you are the reason of one sided games tho. 

And  guess what - your highest tier 9 is ARTY xD 

you are doing 270 dmg on tier 8 medium tanks

you are doing 107 in tier 8 STRV what means you are shoting HE. HE in STRV. HE....

 

No I  just can't what this game and players became


Edited by PabloGee, 09 March 2020 - 01:04 AM.


thetartanbaron #8 Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:02 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5349 battles
  • 232
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

Being -1 tier in a tier 7 battle isn't a problem as most tier 7 tanks are essentially tier 6 tanks with more hit points so they are penetrable, you just have to shoot them more. In fact the T-43 is actually worse than a T-34-85. The problem arises when you are -2 in a tier 8 battle and I agree there is little you can do against tier 8 tanks as there is a huge gap between tier 6 and tier 8, hell the gap between tier 7 and tier 8 is too big.

 

I did keep a spread sheet of the times I was -2 bottom tier in tier 5 and tier 6 and it worked out at 30% over 550 battles so not ideal, I think +/-2 MM shouldn't exist, but its not really bad like it was before they modded the match maker at the start of 2019.

 

Tier 7 is a sweet spot as I've been -2 tier 15% of the time and +2 tier 13% of the time over about 80 battles so far. Guess there are far fewer tier 9 tanks that need to get pulled into the lower tiers to get matched.

 

When you get to tier 7 get yourself a Panther M10 because that has preferential match making so you will never see tier 9 (my Panther M10 is omitted from the above stats)



Balc0ra #9 Posted 09 March 2020 - 03:55 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 76437 battles
  • 22,432
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Time of day, tank class and tier population is a factor ofc. The later in the evening it is. The more the population moves up to the higher tiers. You can try and change server or class to see if the mid-tier population is better for you there. And at peak hours, it can work the other way. As in if your tier is overpopulated, or your class is overpopulated. You might see more +0 games in the mix with longer waits.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:24 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 36329 battles
  • 5,635
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Shoot the other tier 6.

splash_time #11 Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:43 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15692 battles
  • 1,517
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

T6 is matched against T6, I was playing with Ikv 65 (sweedish T6 TD), and haven't see any T8 battle during the last three days IIRC. 

 

Probably you're playing while the server population is low and it effects the MM and that ends with a much more bottom tier games. 



Spurtung #12 Posted 09 March 2020 - 06:49 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 78647 battles
  • 7,765
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 09 March 2020 - 04:24 AM, said:

Shoot the other tier 6.

 

Stop talking sensibly, that's not what the OP wants to hear.



wsatnutter #13 Posted 09 March 2020 - 07:44 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 27022 battles
  • 9,856
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 09 March 2020 - 04:24 AM, said:

Shoot the other tier 6.

this made me  guffaw best post this year so far



evilchaosmonkey #14 Posted 09 March 2020 - 07:50 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 18612 battles
  • 2,158
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View Postkaneloon, on 08 March 2020 - 10:36 PM, said:

If I remember correctly the stat is that you should be low tiers about 2 times out of 3.

 

 

View PostSteve8066, on 08 March 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

 

excuse my french, but the stat is absolute ********!!!! in practice you are bottom tier between 60 and 70% of the time.

 

2/3 = 67% that's the same as between 60 and 70% is it not?



JaffaStar #15 Posted 09 March 2020 - 07:57 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 54676 battles
  • 433
  • [BORG] BORG
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

I see here a lot of unicorns ... Instead of giving some useful advice , you make fun of this poor guy ... shame on you ... no wonder this game is so toxic ... unicorns first get a girlfriend , take out some steam , then come back and give some useful advice , or ... you know ... fuk off ... 

 

Do not listen to all the wannabe idiotic nonsense ... i think that you rushed up very fast ... if you play tier 3 and 4 you are matched most of the time with the same tier ... and you have time to learn the basics ... and search on youtube videos from great players who explains very well the game mechanics ... 

The most important is not to rush ... you have time ... learn the maps ... the spotting mechanics ... the armor of the tanks and the shells ... 



AeyT #16 Posted 09 March 2020 - 07:57 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7694 battles
  • 242
  • Member since:
    05-25-2019

Time of the day matters yeah.

I feel like t8 mm gets worse at prime times since i seem to get more in to t10 battles during those hours.

View PostJaffaStar, on 09 March 2020 - 07:57 AM, said:

I see here a lot of unicorns ... Instead of giving some useful advice , you make fun of this poor guy ... shame on you ... no wonder this game is so toxic ... unicorns first get a girlfriend , take out some steam , then come back and give some useful advice , or ... you know ... fuk off ... 

 

Do not listen to all the wannabe idiotic nonsense ... i think that you rushed up very fast ... if you play tier 3 and 4 you are matched most of the time with the same tier ... and you have time to learn the basics ... and search on youtube videos from great players who explains very well the game mechanics ... 

The most important is not to rush ... you have time ... learn the maps ... the spotting mechanics ... the armor of the tanks and the shells ...

You dont need 10k games at tier 3 to learn the game.

Also low tiers are terrible for learning since they dont play at all like high tiers.


Edited by AeyT, 09 March 2020 - 08:00 AM.


Tazoslo #17 Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:39 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8798 battles
  • 49
  • Member since:
    06-05-2013

View PostPabloGee, on 09 March 2020 - 12:57 AM, said:

Dude  you have 43 % win rate. 

For god sake please do not touch anything but tier 3. 

Either you are troll so great job at 43 % or you just game ruiner. 

 

You even dare to complain about one sided games while you are the reason of one sided games tho. 

And  guess what - your highest tier 9 is ARTY xD 

you are doing 270 dmg on tier 8 medium tanks

you are doing 107 in tier 8 STRV what means you are shoting HE. HE in STRV. HE....

 

No I  just can't what this game and players became

 

They joy of conversations with the "experts".....welcome to the game, yeah right as if the game need new players......


Edited by Tazoslo, 09 March 2020 - 08:42 AM.


ZlatanArKung #18 Posted 09 March 2020 - 09:06 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1537 battles
  • 5,563
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostSteve8066, on 08 March 2020 - 11:45 PM, said:

 

excuse my french, but the stat is absolute ********!!!! in practice you are bottom tier between 60 and 70% of the time.

You know that buttom tiered 2 times out of 3 is same as buttom tiered in 66.666666...% of your games. Which happens to be in between 60 and 70%.



OrtegaSLO #19 Posted 09 March 2020 - 09:16 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 45708 battles
  • 476
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 08 March 2020 - 11:58 PM, said:

 

You should install a mod that allows you to see the average battle tier. Then you'll see that pretty quickly that shows that you in fact not more bottom tier than top tier.



you are blind or mod is lying
I cleary remember 40 games which I played in t8 premium
32 were tx
6 were t9
1 was t6
1 was t8

so there you have your "balance"



Richthoffen #20 Posted 09 March 2020 - 11:55 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 32145 battles
  • 2,804
  • [MS-] MS-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011
not understanding the matching is the least and less important part of you problem op, you clearly lack knowledge on most game mechanics, focus on the basics like camo, spotting sit. awareness and map knowledge first before jumping in high tier meds




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users