Jump to content


After all these years....


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

_cro_magnon #1 Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:11 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 34962 battles
  • 3,007
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-21-2012

...I still can't believe that a tier 7 TD needs 58,5k exp to unlock it's top gun. Yeah, I'm talking about St.Emil. Which in elite configuration is bad, so why the hell you need additional 58k exp worth of suffering to get the gun that actually does something.

 

Yeah I know it's designed as free exp sink but come on! Does anyone remember when exp required to get T29 top gun was cut down from 40ish k to 18k because 40k was too much? But 58k apparently isn't.



PabloGee #2 Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:53 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33792 battles
  • 231
  • Member since:
    01-15-2014

dude im flooded with XP boost so its not a problem

 

The ony problem is XP boost = 20 % win rate xD  

Every normal IQ person understand how WG lowering XP gaining with boosts but you know this dayes avarage win rate is  48 % KEKW



NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:19 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35998 battles
  • 4,708
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

At least the Rhm.-B. is one of the cheapest tier 8 TDs to research...on par with the T28 at 71k XP, second only to the AMX AC 48 at 70k XP.

 

Well, the cost may be justified by the following:

- Highest alpha damage at tier 7 by 100 points.

- 2nd highest standard penetration at tier 7: 231mm. Only one point lower than the AMX AC 46's 232mm.

 

That's a pretty meaty gun to have at tier 7. The gun itself is tier 9-rated.

 

Fun fact, it's the only tier 9 gun available on tier 7 tanks, along with the 203mm artillery gun found on the S-51 and SU-14-1, though those arguably wouldn't count...their 203mm costs 64k XP!

 

I only hear negative comments about the St. Emil, but I've had a pleasant experience with it. When you put that gun to work, it delivers. In spades.



Dava_117 #4 Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:22 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Moderator
  • 23776 battles
  • 6,168
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 09 March 2020 - 01:19 AM, said:

 

- Highest alpha damage at tier 7 by 100 points.

 

 

I would say that it's the second high alpha too. Don't forget about SU-152 with its 700alpha gun.



NekoPuffer_PPP #5 Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:44 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35998 battles
  • 4,708
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostDava_117, on 09 March 2020 - 01:22 AM, said:

I would say that it's the second high alpha too. Don't forget about SU-152 with its 700alpha gun.

 

Well the SU can't penetrate a Defender's lower plate frontally...unless it loads HEAT, and good luck hitting it with 0.50 base dispersion.

 

That 250 pen HEAT on the SU is just...

 



Desyatnik_Pansy #6 Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:52 AM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 19207 battles
  • 27,391
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 09 March 2020 - 12:19 AM, said:

I only hear negative comments about the St. Emil, but I've had a pleasant experience with it. When you put that gun to work, it delivers. In spades.

 

I had the complete opposite experience when I played it awhile ago. The only satisfying part about the tank was knowing I was so garbage, and so well known as garbage, that I didn't feel bad about doing poorly in it.



NekoPuffer_PPP #7 Posted 09 March 2020 - 02:43 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35998 battles
  • 4,708
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 09 March 2020 - 01:52 AM, said:

I had the complete opposite experience when I played it awhile ago. The only satisfying part about the tank was knowing I was so garbage, and so well known as garbage, that I didn't feel bad about doing poorly in it.

 

It's just a slower Skorpion, but a tier lower and without a turret. Camping and base protection are its only viable gameplay options, which it handles rather well.



Nebuched #8 Posted 09 March 2020 - 02:47 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14459 battles
  • 254
  • [RDFIR] RDFIR
  • Member since:
    05-20-2015

View Post_cro_magnon, on 09 March 2020 - 12:11 AM, said:

...I still can't believe that a tier 7 TD needs 58,5k exp to unlock it's top gun. Yeah, I'm talking about St.Emil. Which in elite configuration is bad, so why the hell you need additional 58k exp worth of suffering to get the gun that actually does something.

 

Yeah I know it's designed as free exp sink but come on! Does anyone remember when exp required to get T29 top gun was cut down from 40ish k to 18k because 40k was too much? But 58k apparently isn't.


And to add injury to insult the only chance to win Chocolate is gone now, by removing the old reward system. 

01:50 Added after 3 minute

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 09 March 2020 - 01:52 AM, said:

 

I had the complete opposite experience when I played it awhile ago. The only satisfying part about the tank was knowing I was so garbage, and so well known as garbage, that I didn't feel bad about doing poorly in it.


You're a good man(/woman) to still be working at such an hour. WG should reward volunteer mods more. 



Desyatnik_Pansy #9 Posted 09 March 2020 - 03:26 AM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 19207 battles
  • 27,391
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 09 March 2020 - 01:43 AM, said:

It's just a slower Skorpion, but a tier lower and without a turret. Camping and base protection are its only viable gameplay options, which it handles rather well.

 

Aye, but base camping in a slow, immobile turretless TD Isn't my thing. I get along with the likes of the AMX CDA 105 Or Kanonen 105, or the likes of a Skorpion (except I don't own one) because they are quite mobile and can react to what's happening on the map. :P

 

View PostNebuched, on 09 March 2020 - 01:47 AM, said:

You're a good man(/woman) to still be working at such an hour. WG should reward volunteer mods more. 

 

I mean, as volunteers we really just go about our usual business with an added responsibility on top. I'm not forced or anything to be working right now (technically for the most part, I'm not working until I have to do something like handle a report), I just happen to be a night owl.



Dava_117 #10 Posted 09 March 2020 - 10:48 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Moderator
  • 23776 battles
  • 6,168
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 09 March 2020 - 01:44 AM, said:

 

Well the SU can't penetrate a Defender's lower plate frontally...unless it loads HEAT, and good luck hitting it with 0.50 base dispersion.

 

That 250 pen HEAT on the SU is just...

 

 

Each shell has its purpose. 250pen HEAT are there exactly to balance defenders. 

I usually don't care about accuracy too much. I play it close enought to basically proxispot enemy HTs, so it's a slap in the face engagement. ;)



Richthoffen #11 Posted 09 March 2020 - 11:09 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 32013 battles
  • 2,803
  • [MS-] MS-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011

at least you don't have to research a second turret to be able to mount it  so in the end it plays out.

still the first gun is terrible



_cro_magnon #12 Posted 09 March 2020 - 11:32 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 34962 battles
  • 3,007
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-21-2012

View PostPabloGee, on 09 March 2020 - 12:53 AM, said:

dude im flooded with XP boost so its not a problem

 

In what world do I want to play stock St.Emil? :D



Balc0ra #13 Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:13 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 76382 battles
  • 22,392
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Post_cro_magnon, on 09 March 2020 - 12:11 AM, said:

...I still can't believe that a tier 7 TD needs 58,5k exp to unlock it's top gun. Yeah, I'm talking about St.Emil. Which in elite configuration is bad, so why the hell you need additional 58k exp worth of suffering to get the gun that actually does something.

 

Yeah I know it's designed as free exp sink but come on! Does anyone remember when exp required to get T29 top gun was cut down from 40ish k to 18k because 40k was too much? But 58k apparently isn't.

 

When your tank lacks modules, they normally put the XP in the next tank. Like the Foch that only has tracks for most to just unlock. Thus the Foch B is the most pricey tier X unlock. St. Emil is one of few that put it all in the modules, as they let the Borsig be 30K cheaper than your average tier 8 TD unlock. Why that way and not a cheaper gun? No idea. As that would indeed make more sense considering he don't even share a single module besides the radio with others, not even the stock gun.

 

Gun packs a punch. No doubt about that. But 105mm on the T25 AT does cost 18K. 122mm on the Russian and Chinese TD's costs around 18 to 27K. So that extra 100 alpha costs you over 30K extra.



CmdRatScabies #14 Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:33 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38551 battles
  • 6,078
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostBalc0ra, on 09 March 2020 - 12:13 PM, said:

 Why that way and not a cheaper gun? No idea. 

Wasn't the St Emil the original Free XP sink?



_cro_magnon #15 Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:40 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 34962 battles
  • 3,007
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-21-2012

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 09 March 2020 - 12:33 PM, said:

Wasn't the St Emil the original Free XP sink?

 

Maybe not the 1st, I can't recall but certainly it is one of the OGs.



Spurtung #16 Posted 10 March 2020 - 09:51 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 78574 battles
  • 7,728
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

St. Emil is one of those that make you smile twice.

When you buy it and when you get rid of it.



Solstad1069 #17 Posted 10 March 2020 - 10:09 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 46081 battles
  • 3,744
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013
This!

Attached Files

  • Attached File   emil.jpg   12.27K


CmdRatScabies #18 Posted 10 March 2020 - 11:03 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38551 battles
  • 6,078
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostSpurtung, on 10 March 2020 - 09:51 AM, said:

St. Emil is one of those that make you smile twice.

When you buy it and when you get rid of it.

I think I skipped the first one.  



fwhaatpiraat #19 Posted 10 March 2020 - 01:20 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 61780 battles
  • 2,317
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
The 12.8 is a great gun at t7 I noticed. The st emil is good when enemies have to come to you, but when you have to chase for damage...




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users