In-game premium tanks store

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

wolfsrain #1 Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 69089 battles
  • [LASO] LASO

As some might recall, the in-game store used to have some nice premium tanks bundles and even deals for premium tanks that were not a fixture in the tech-tree. That is not exactly true now.

Everything that is in the in-game store can be easily bought somewhere else. The store feels abandoned and useless. It was supposed to offer an alternative to the web store, but that went down quickly. If WG abandoned the store, wouldn't be sensible to remove it (i doubt that there are many people using it now, due to the lack of any actual deals)?! They can leave the bonds store, which is somewhat useful, but the premium store...I can live without that tab, due to its current state. 

Any opinions on it?! Do you still think that is useful in any way? Should be kept or removed?

OrtegaSLO #2 Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45708 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT

On website you buy tanks for real money.

In game store you can buy them for gold. 

How is that equal ?

And a lot of times you can buy them in game store for a discount. 

Edited by OrtegaSLO, 09 March 2020 - 01:16 PM.

wolfsrain #3 Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 69089 battles
  • [LASO] LASO
I followed the store in the past half year. That was only once when there was an actual discount. As for buying the tanks with gold... you do know that gold is paid with real money, right?! So the argument doesn't stand. Then why do i need gold in game if i have to buy them with real money anyways?! Again, gold also costs real money. It doesn't come free. Except rare events, gold needs to be bought with real money. What does that tells?! That the in-game gold is useless?!

Zmago5000 #4 Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16653 battles

I really dont know who buys these powercrept old Premium tanks in store?1

Maybe new players that dont know much about game mechanics  and stuff,..

I know I bought a tank tier 3,4,5  here and there but that was in my first 3 months of playing,..now NO MORE, if tank is not tier8 and op in some way--> pass

12:52 Added after 1 minute
the only lower tier that is of some use from time to time is tier4 Pz.B2 or tier7  USA Tiger2, other just crap

wolfsrain #5 Posted 09 March 2020 - 04:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 69089 battles
  • [LASO] LASO
Well, an occasional Skorpion, Defender and so on in the in-game store for gold , as limited time offers (just like in the web store), wouldn't be bad. The asked gold should, of course, match the web store offers.  Otherwise, i think we can live without the in-game store and gold and just buy for real money. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:09 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36329 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostZmago5000, on 09 March 2020 - 01:51 PM, said:

,..now NO MORE, if tank is not tier8 and op in some way--> pass

And you wonder why WG release OP premium tanks... 

divsmo #7 Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39596 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View Postwolfsrain, on 09 March 2020 - 03:53 PM, said:

Well, an occasional Skorpion, Defender and so on in the in-game store for gold , as limited time offers (just like in the web store), wouldn't be bad. The asked gold should, of course, match the web store offers.  Otherwise, i think we can live without the in-game store and gold and just buy for real money. 

They've already had the money for gold where as when they sell tanks like the defender in the online store it's all new money for them. So they have no want to let people buy them for gold. 

Realistically the only uses for gold are converting XP, retraining crews to new tanks and the black market.

OrtegaSLO #8 Posted 09 March 2020 - 06:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45708 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT

View Postwolfsrain, on 09 March 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

I followed the store in the past half year. That was only once when there was an actual discount. As for buying the tanks with gold... you do know that gold is paid with real money, right?! So the argument doesn't stand. Then why do i need gold in game if i have to buy them with real money anyways?! Again, gold also costs real money. It doesn't come free. Except rare events, gold needs to be bought with real money. What does that tells?! That the in-game gold is useless?!

if you buy 75 ny boxes u get around 50k+ gold. 
for that you can buy 2-3 tanks on website. 
or 3-5 tanks in ingame store. 

get the point ?

frange #9 Posted 10 March 2020 - 01:18 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32560 battles
  • [FRNR] FRNR

View PostOrtegaSLO, on 09 March 2020 - 05:13 PM, said:

if you buy 75 ny boxes u get around 50k+ gold. 
for that you can buy 2-3 tanks on website. 
or 3-5 tanks in ingame store. 

get the point ?

And how do you pay for those 75 boxes? With tomatoes and lost matches? 

Gremlin182 #10 Posted 10 March 2020 - 01:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 61960 battles

Most of us buy gold with cash some get it by playing clan wars never done that myself so how much and how often no idea.

Most of my gold comes from the Loot boxes sold at the end of the year.

Yes it costs real money and then again no it doesn't, I am buying the boxes for other reasons the gold is a pleasant extra.

I get more than I would if I just bought the gold so you can argue some of that gold is free or discounted.

There needs to be a way to remove that gold from the game so we will buy some more same as they need to remove credits so we have to earn more.

The store can stay there so far as I am concerned as there will never be any new tanks there and I have the older ones so its of little interest to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users