How banning works in the game and is it given it out fairly.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Sylverwolf #1 Posted 09 March 2020 - 04:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26563 battles

After getting a 3 day ban from the game from pushing an inactive player (who just didnt want to move even when it would have been needed to win the game) and getting a "You pushed him you deserve it,We wish you a good day and great success in the game! Kind regards,(no name was included in this copypastelike response)" in my appeal ticket.

I was wondering if those who i report for being offensive,abusive or simply isnt giving a f about the game and his/her teammates (like that one Ferdinand player who simply went behind a house at the start of the game and stopped playing while spamming the chat on how the team is bad) are getting the same 3 day bans.I dont think that if every report would get this kinda treatment,there wouldnt be enough playerbase left.

So,im wondering that how these bans are given out,are they just randomly made out of the thousands of reports or just some kinda messed up algorytm is doing it.I feel like a serious serial tank pusher now getting this ban after 1 time,even when it didnt even cause any problems for the guy,exept anoy him and make him move.

TomatoShooter #2 Posted 09 March 2020 - 04:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1136 battles

Best way to get people banned is creating a support ticket with a replay attached, 100% guaranteed ban for pushing.

The ingame reports are not that efficient I think.

Edited by TomatoShooter, 09 March 2020 - 04:45 PM.

CmdRatScabies #3 Posted 09 March 2020 - 04:48 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSylverwolf, on 09 March 2020 - 04:41 PM, said:

After getting a 3 day ban from the game from pushing an inactive player 

Do you have a replay of you pushing this inactive player?

Balc0ra #4 Posted 09 March 2020 - 04:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76387 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

like that one Ferdinand player who simply went behind a house at the start of the game and stopped playing while spamming the chat on how the team is bad) are getting the same 3 day bans

Depends. If you were the only one getting upset on his style of play. And he only did it that one time and only had your report. Then no. I doubt anything will happen.

If he has done it often, and gotten 4-5 reports each time. Then who knows. I suspect they notice that easier then if you just reported him. As I don't follow around each one I do report to check.

I feel like a serious serial tank pusher now getting this ban after 1 time,even when it didnt even cause any problems for the guy,exept anoy him and make him move.

Who said it was for that one time alone? You could have stacked up several reports over time for different reasons over the last few weeks. This just pushed it over. As your team could have as easily reported both of you to stack yours up higher then it already was if you took your gun out too, to push the other gun not working. You might not have caused problems in your eyes. But your team might see it differently when there suddenly are 2 less guns active on that flank that really needs it.

The system has some leeway for false reports. So one here and there won't matter much. If it did, then we all would be banned ages ago several times. As I get 2 PM's a day from the enemy team. And a few from my team not playing the way they like. Still here, still not banned a single time.

Edited by Balc0ra, 09 March 2020 - 04:58 PM.

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24971 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
You broke the rules and got a ban....get over it......and don't do it again.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:07 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36325 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

You broke the rules and got punished for it so yes, the ban system clearly works and was given out fairly to you for being a dipshit.

Learn the lesson and don't push people around. 

malachi6 #7 Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51375 battles

What gives you the right to push people and how would you feel about being pushed, if you felt you were playing appropriately?

Furthermore, did you consider any other factors before you decided to do what you did?  Was he on the telephone, did someone come to his door, did his pc play up, or any of literally hundreds of other valid reasons for not moving?  

At the end of the day, you should have known the possible consequences for your actions (due diligence regarding sanctions for unsportsmanlike play.) and have been prepared to accept them should you get sanctioned.

Two wrongs do not make a right.  If you felt entitled to do what you did, what is to say the person you persecuted did not feel so?

Edited by malachi6, 09 March 2020 - 05:08 PM.

Orkbert #8 Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29384 battles

After getting a 3 day ban from the game from pushing an inactive player (who just didnt want to move even when it would have been needed to win the game)

And you pushing that player instead of being where your tank should actually be wasn't the reason that your team lost the match? I mean if one tank pushes another then chances are very high that both are in the wrong location.

Edited by Orkbert, 10 March 2020 - 07:20 AM.

wsatnutter #9 Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:31 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26990 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
lets see the replay OH Wait

IntruderFI #10 Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52623 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Postmalachi6, on 09 March 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

What gives you the right to push people and how would you feel about being pushed, if you felt you were playing appropriately?

Furthermore, did you consider any other factors before you decided to do what you did?  Was he on the telephone, did someone come to his door, did his pc play up, or any of literally hundreds of other valid reasons for not moving?  

At the end of the day, you should have known the possible consequences for your actions (due diligence regarding sanctions for unsportsmanlike play.) and have been prepared to accept them should you get sanctioned.

Two wrongs do not make a right.  If you felt entitled to do what you did, what is to say the person you persecuted did not feel so?

If i'm AFK i don't feel a thing when i'm being pushed nor do i care about it since CLEARLY i¨m not even playing.

Answering telephone wont disable your hands, there is this thing called hands free. Someone at the door? I don't open my door at random people. So could you post some of the other 100 other reason for not playing the game.

He possibly didn't know what the penalty would be, did you consider that? 

Nobody was persecuted here, only some pixels was moved on the screen, don't be so melodramatic.

You do understand we are not talking about pushing a tank out of cover / bush here. If that was the case then he should be punished.

He pushed an AFK player around a little bit, who cares to be honest. I see worse behavior every single day in the game than pushing AFK tank.

I don't see you stand on your high horse against those.

NekoPuffer_PPP #11 Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36016 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Report this, report that...ban these, ban those...

Man, I just don't wanna bother with playing online games anymore. It's like, no matter what you do, you get reported. Combine that with a large game company and its automated report systems and you just get banned randomly for no reason.

**** this society. When a game becomes popular, its QoL plummets. It's why I've grown to like smaller games, with a tighter, more passionate community, where people are still mostly nice to eachother.

Sylverwolf #12 Posted 09 March 2020 - 10:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26563 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 09 March 2020 - 03:48 PM, said:

Do you have a replay of you pushing this inactive player?

http://wotreplays.eu...e/5266493#teams

The dude after running around a bit and getting shot he went into "position" at around 8:00 and stayed there until i helped him to move some muscles.

He wasnt afk that for sure,after nudging him a bit to move his [edited]he started swearing for a bit.He was ofc anonym,since thats the new protected class in WoT.

Also i tried to attach the replay to the post,it seems it didnt work out.

malachi6 #13 Posted 09 March 2020 - 10:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51375 battles

View PostIntruderFI, on 09 March 2020 - 08:41 PM, said:

If i'm AFK i don't feel a thing when i'm being pushed nor do i care about it since CLEARLY i¨m not even playing.

Answering telephone wont disable your hands, there is this thing called hands free. Someone at the door? I don't open my door at random people. So could you post some of the other 100 other reason for not playing the game.

He possibly didn't know what the penalty would be, did you consider that? 

Nobody was persecuted here, only some pixels was moved on the screen, don't be so melodramatic.

You do understand we are not talking about pushing a tank out of cover / bush here. If that was the case then he should be punished.

He pushed an AFK player around a little bit, who cares to be honest. I see worse behavior every single day in the game than pushing AFK tank.

I don't see you stand on your high horse against those.

Your first point one ignores that the OP states he annoyed the guy he was pushing.

Your point two ignores the fact that OP should have done his due diligence, as I stated.  Given every update of the game requires the player to read and agree to the ToS (including the game rules),  ignorance of the rules is a flawed argument.  I do not feel I am being melodramatic pointing out that ignorance of the rules is not a defense.

Point three is an equivocation fallacy.  Your syllogism appears to be, X is worse than Y, therefore Y is not important. 

I have no idea what you mean by your fourth comment.  There is no high horse.  I often point people towards Rawl's law or the Veil of ignorance proposition. Where You create a rule system where you have no idea of your place within that system.  I.E. If you advocate for slavery, you have no idea if you are the slave or master in your proposed system. 

https://ethicsunwrapped.utexas.edu/glossary/veil-of-ignorance

@NekoPuffer.  Are you advocating that the game should have no rules or expected standards of behavior?

Edited by malachi6, 09 March 2020 - 10:18 PM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #14 Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:40 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36016 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postmalachi6, on 09 March 2020 - 10:08 PM, said:

@NekoPuffer.  Are you advocating that the game should have no rules or expected standards of behavior?

You can interpret my post in the completely opposite way of what I meant to say in it...?

Congratulations sir, you just blew my mind.

No. That's not what I'm advocating. What I'm advocating is a stable environment/community where there wouldn't be a noticeable amount of toxic players. Unfortunately, that would be like a utopia, which is realistically impossible.

I'm just saying smaller communities are better than bigger ones. When a game goes viral, it turns to ****, look no further than Fortnite and what its playerbase is like...

If you want an example of a fantastic community, look no further than EVE Online. I had the honor of playing Dust 514 when it was still alive, a FPS on the PS3 made by the same company and directly tied to the EVE Online world. That right there was the best community I've ever had the pleasure of interacting with. I was active on Dust's forums until the last minute before their shutdown. Proof of how nice they really were, was when I bought a proper gaming PC, and mentioned it in a thread...one forumite just straight up offered to gift me a game as a sort of welcoming gift for my first steps into PC gaming. That level of kindness is something I've never come across afterwards, anywhere.

Spoiler

I did want to get into EVE Online, but it was a paid subscription at the time, so I went with WoT... I might give EVE a shot sometime...who knows...

Sylverwolf #15 Posted 10 March 2020 - 01:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26563 battles

As i heard of EVE online,its a great game,the only reason i never started playing it was the FFA pvp.Ofc there are places that you are protected,but those wont be the main playground if you play it serious.

Also for WoT,i think one of the problem with it is,that in random,neither do u get rewards for a being teamplayer (like when you are one of the 3 tanks which are holding one side against 6 tanks and wont be able to do much in the game,like low dmg or fast death,while the rest reaps the enemy team and wins at the end,while the 3 wont get anything for their effort) nor is it needed and it creates some things,that are within rules,but shouldnt be a normal behavior.

chessstud #16 Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16772 battles
  • [T0TH] T0TH

I don't think reporting someone to the game centre works. I reported a bot two weeks ago with 89000 games (5 average damage) in a hummel and the automated response just said "thanks for reporting this, but we're going to take no action". Yet they ban someone for pushing a bot.

I just can't believe the sheer disgusting incompetence of the people who run this game. 

Edited by chessstud, 10 March 2020 - 03:12 AM.

kaneloon #17 Posted 10 March 2020 - 09:00 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32260 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

I never reported anyone, apart for those platooning in solo Steel Hunter.

People play as they wish, its Free For All ! Not "I'm your 45% WR field commander, obey worm, I saw the light."

ZlatanArKung #18 Posted 10 March 2020 - 09:03 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

After getting a 3 day ban from the game from pushing an inactive player (who just didnt want to move even when it would have been needed to win the game) and getting a "You pushed him you deserve it,We wish you a good day and great success in the game! Kind regards,(no name was included in this copypastelike response)" in my appeal ticket.

I was wondering if those who i report for being offensive,abusive or simply isnt giving a f about the game and his/her teammates (like that one Ferdinand player who simply went behind a house at the start of the game and stopped playing while spamming the chat on how the team is bad) are getting the same 3 day bans.I dont think that if every report would get this kinda treatment,there wouldnt be enough playerbase left.

So,im wondering that how these bans are given out,are they just randomly made out of the thousands of reports or just some kinda messed up algorytm is doing it.I feel like a serious serial tank pusher now getting this ban after 1 time,even when it didnt even cause any problems for the guy,exept anoy him and make him move.

No, you don't get banned for being afk.

CmdRatScabies #19 Posted 10 March 2020 - 11:09 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostZlatanArKung, on 10 March 2020 - 09:03 AM, said:

No, you don't get banned for being afk.

Have you tested that?  I thought you did if you did it too often.

mpf1959 #20 Posted 10 March 2020 - 01:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34038 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Another day, another self-righteous WOT policeman! 

I'm glad they banned you, a self appointed game warden means nowt, you aint got any authority.

Push anyone you like, I dont give a damn, but cut the crap and stop trying to justify your own equally as selfish actions as something good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users