• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Tafute #1 Posted 09 March 2020 - 09:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2270 battles
  • [PLCO] PLCO

Hi!

I am a fairly new player (<2k games) and I decided to grind up to the AMX 30 B. One thing that struck me was how bad the b-c 12 t performs. I didn't do too bad with the tier VI and VII, even though I played them without crew skills, but I can't get the Bat-Chat working at all, even though I have like 2 skills per crew member. I'd deal about 800 damage in average with the stock AMX 30, now that I have 1 skill per member on it + all modules researched I manage over 1700 damage on average (some people may scoff, but this is over average and enough to make me feel satisfied).

Meanwhile on the b-c I deal around 500 damage per battle, and not too much spotting damage. More importantly, putting stats aside, I feel useless as a teammate. This tank has low alpha, low DPM, cannot really punish enemies despite having an autoloader, view range is average...

Sometimes I make good trades and feel like a boss shooting enemies all the time, but then it turns out I only dealt 1500 damage. Those are the good matches with this tank for me.

I've heard LT's have a high skill cap, but hasn't this tank been considered one of the worse T8 LT's for quite a while now?

I think it needs a buff, like perhaps more alpha damage in exchange for clip reload time, allowing it to trade and punish more effectively.

Having shared my little rant, I am interested to hear what people who have recently played this tank think about it. Is it really that bad?

DaniulSims #2 Posted 09 March 2020 - 09:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11228 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K

It's indeed been one of the worse LTs for a long time - and with the introduction of the EBR FL 75, and it being sold not so long ago in the Black Market, playing the BC 12t has become a harder task than it even was before.

I grinded a it again a couple of weeks back for the AMX 30 aswell - and whilst the shell velocity and the small autoloader can feel nice in the proper situations - it's really not enjoyable. It suffers heavily of the French "if it's not fully aimed the shot will go to another server" syndrome.

Best advice I can give is just dump all your boosters into it if you decide to go for another line it leads to. As for a buff- if it hasn't been done so far, it won't be done at all.

gunslingerXXX #3 Posted 09 March 2020 - 09:28 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 14150 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

The bc 12t is not too bad I think, played it a year ago or so. However I also felt the tier 6 and 7 were more comfortable. Maybe the problem is not the tank but rather tier 8. The difference between 6/7 and 8 is quite big. Also other players will often have high skilled crews in premium tanks in tier 8. 

Just keep at it and you will get better ;)

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 09 March 2020 - 09:38 PM.

splash_time #4 Posted 09 March 2020 - 09:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15611 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I have the bc12t and it's my third most played with tank, I managed to ace it many times, it's easy to play with. You play passively in the beginning and try to have some early spot (my bc VR is 468m so it's really enjoyable for me).

You start attacking in the battle mid-time, like flanking low HP HTs (680 burst) and lovely TDs.

It's not a bad tank if you know how to use it.

I admit tho, it has weak penon both shells and low alpha damage, and any changes to it will be welcome. But it still fun to play for me, I always used it in FL. :)

Tafute #5 Posted 09 March 2020 - 09:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2270 battles
  • [PLCO] PLCO

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 09 March 2020 - 09:28 PM, said:

The bc 12t is not too bad I think, played it a year ago or so. However I also felt the tier 6 and 7 were more comfortable. Maybe the problem is not the tank but rather tier 8. The difference between 6/7 and 8 is quite big. Also other players will often have high skilled crews in premium tanks in tier 8. 

Just keep at it and you will get better ;)

Thanks but that's cursing time as for me xD

gitgud_cannot #6 Posted 09 March 2020 - 09:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33218 battles

Havent played it in a while, as the last time i did, i think we didnt even have HD maps yet :D

But if we talk about tier 8 light tanks in general - so which tech tree lights are better than bc-12t at tier 8?

hwk 12 - conisdered to be really bad(although i liked it :D), LHMTV (havent played british lights, but they all seem trash), wz-132 = worse version of wz-131 one tier higher(trash), m41 bulldog(useless).

So the only one that is actually better than bc-12t is LTTB, which i really enjoyed and i wish that it was the premium and not the lt-432.

i think the issue with tier 8 lts is that whenever you are not getting full tier 8 or top tier matchmaking - you cant really do a lot against tier 9s and 10s, unless you get a good map for passive scouting.

Tafute #7 Posted 09 March 2020 - 10:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2270 battles
  • [PLCO] PLCO

View Postgitgud_cannot, on 09 March 2020 - 09:55 PM, said:

Havent played it in a while, as the last time i did, i think we didnt even have HD maps yet :D

But if we talk about tier 8 light tanks in general - so which tech tree lights are better than bc-12t at tier 8?

hwk 12 - conisdered to be really bad(although i liked it :D), LHMTV (havent played british lights, but they all seem trash), wz-132 = worse version of wz-131 one tier higher(trash), m41 bulldog(useless).

So the only one that is actually better than bc-12t is LTTB, which i really enjoyed and i wish that it was the premium and not the lt-432.

i think the issue with tier 8 lts is that whenever you are not getting full tier 8 or top tier matchmaking - you cant really do a lot against tier 9s and 10s, unless you get a good map for passive scouting.

Well IDK about the rest but I have heard the WZ-132 is good. I'd rather have it that the b-c for the higher alpha.

gitgud_cannot #8 Posted 09 March 2020 - 10:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33218 battles

View PostTafute, on 09 March 2020 - 11:01 PM, said:

Well IDK about the rest but I have heard the WZ-132 is good. I'd rather have it that the b-c for the higher alpha.

wz-132 is really bad, it used to be good, when it was a top tier light tank(tier 8 was max for light tanks)

tajj7 #9 Posted 10 March 2020 - 09:21 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Don't think the 12t is particularly bad compared to the other tier 8 tech tree lights, it's just higher lights generally are not that strong and the premium tier 8 lights are strong (LT-432, EBR 75, HWK-30, Even 90).

And particularly the 12t is trounced by other French tier 8 premiums - EBR 75, Even 90 and Bourasque, are all more effective in their own ways. 

Cobra6 #10 Posted 10 March 2020 - 09:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16609 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Bc12t, albeit fun to play, is underpowered at the moment, a combination of the gun, mobility and view range. I recently played it for the final 30k XP towards the AMX30B and the most annoying thing is the lack of DPM as well as a bit potato aim-time.

If these were brought in line, say 1900 DPM base instead of 1500 (vs 2000 average for T8 lights) and aimtime down to 2.11s, it would greatly benefit this tank.

Cobra 6

Oldewolfe #11 Posted 10 March 2020 - 10:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 535 battles

BC 12T is more like it's Medium Brothers than a Light I think....      I don't know why when Played as a Light it just does Worse than the 13/75 does, but it does....      If I Wait at a Reasonable Range, but not where the Typical Scouts do, I can then use the Speed and 4 Shot Clip to Mess Up another Tankers day and still get some Spotting in.... 

It's not a Bad Tank, just one of those "In Name Only" Tanks....      A Transitional Tank between the Tier 7 and Tier 9 Lines where you kinda decide BC or AMX 13 for the First of the Tier 10 Grinds....      I like it alot myself, my AMX 12T I think is my Most Played of the 3, but this one having 3 Lines coming off it will Quickly Pass that....       Have the 25t AP and 13/90 Both Unlocked now, just working on the 30 Proto now....

Right now I have a Typical Scout Equipment Layout, but I will be Dropping Binoc's for Oprics soon....    I just set it up that way because that's what it's SUPPOSED to be Doing, just doesn't seem to do it as Well as the 13/75 does....       So, a More Medium Tank Setup will ne in it's Future Soon....

https://youtu.be/rpu4wWBg84U

https://youtu.be/bHk7UUkyzQ8

https://youtu.be/OcFHO9M1Scs

https://youtu.be/Fh4pxFEvDQw

Some Light Play, some more Aggressive Medium type Play....

Edited by Oldewolfe, 10 March 2020 - 10:50 AM.

Wreckedum #12 Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 123484 battles
Most lights have become even harder to be good with, since the clown cars arrived

fwhaatpiraat #13 Posted 10 March 2020 - 01:00 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 61793 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Bc12t is a fantastic tank to play, but not that strong indeed. Ebr and lt432 smash it.

Thlurp #14 Posted 10 March 2020 - 01:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15417 battles

you dont have too many battles and stepping into t8 is a very different experience when you have never played t8-10

bc 12t is very stealthy, passive scout early game and try not to lose health

do not suiscout (get behind enemy lines at the start with a high probability to die)

on light tanks its even more important to know the maps, where hard and soft cover is

stokerel #15 Posted 10 March 2020 - 01:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16280 battles

View PostTafute, on 09 March 2020 - 08:19 PM, said:

Hi!

I am a fairly new player (<2k games) and I decided to grind up to the AMX 30 B. One thing that struck me was how bad the b-c 12 t performs. I didn't do too bad with the tier VI and VII, even though I played them without crew skills, but I can't get the Bat-Chat working at all, even though I have like 2 skills per crew member. I'd deal about 800 damage in average with the stock AMX 30, now that I have 1 skill per member on it + all modules researched I manage over 1700 damage on average (some people may scoff, but this is over average and enough to make me feel satisfied).

Meanwhile on the b-c I deal around 500 damage per battle, and not too much spotting damage. More importantly, putting stats aside, I feel useless as a teammate. This tank has low alpha, low DPM, cannot really punish enemies despite having an autoloader, view range is average...

Sometimes I make good trades and feel like a boss shooting enemies all the time, but then it turns out I only dealt 1500 damage. Those are the good matches with this tank for me.

I've heard LT's have a high skill cap, but hasn't this tank been considered one of the worse T8 LT's for quite a while now?

I think it needs a buff, like perhaps more alpha damage in exchange for clip reload time, allowing it to trade and punish more effectively.

Having shared my little rant, I am interested to hear what people who have recently played this tank think about it. Is it really that bad?

Light tanks are very hard to play well, you are going to need a lot more experience before you find any of them enjoyable. Try playing at least 10 thousand games in medium tanks then look again at lights.

Meds are more forgiving while giving you enough mobility, view range and cammo to learn these game mechanics which then you can apply to lights.

BC12t is under-powered compared to other t8 beasts but still fun to play if you know what you're doing. It's perfectly normal you don't yet have that experience, hence my advice. I did the same mistake early on.

good luck!

snowlywhite #16 Posted 10 March 2020 - 01:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28771 battles

I second the poster above; did the 1st 5-6k battles in french lights with a bit of soviet meds(and I never managed to like soviet tanks). Boy, how bad I was playing them...

that being said, yeah, bc 12t isn't exactly epic. That pen... That turret placement...

be careful that you'll need one more crew member for amx 30. Save on a "universal crew book"(?) which you sometimes get as reward for events. Whatever that was that gives you 850k for 1 crew member. To at least give the guy bia/camo. It's t9 afterall; can't walk around with new crewmembers.

BlackBloodBandit #17 Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9794 battles
lol it's one of the best tier 8 tech tree light tanks. It has great camo and the autoloader isn't too bad either. I managed to get 59% winrate in it (4% higher then my average) in 109 battles with around 2k combined per battle on average. I only unlocked AMX 30, so I will need to play it a lot more after this.

ExclamationMark #18 Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD
It doesn't need one.

bbmoose #19 Posted 11 March 2020 - 10:06 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13626 battles

View PostTafute, on 09 March 2020 - 08:19 PM, said:

Hi!

Not to be an a-hole, but with 43% overall winrate and not even 2000 games played, you shouldn't be even playing at tier 8. If you don't want to feel like a useless teammate, just hang around tier 5 and 6 for a while. Grind some more lines to those tiers and progress when you can average a 50% winrate or get your first mark of excellence on a vehicle. Try to pull your own weight first, do more damage than the HP of your tank on average. If you can't manage to do that, you are a burden to any team.

There are some real gems at those tiers. Sherman with the 105 derp, PZ IV with the 105 derp, T67, Cromwell, Hellcat, Jackson, T-34(-85), KV-1(S), KV-2, etc. Even some cool premiums like the Type 64, Pudel, HT No. VI, Cromwell B, T78, etc.

Mimos_A #20 Posted 11 March 2020 - 10:14 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 30161 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View Postbbmoose, on 11 March 2020 - 10:06 AM, said:

Not to be an a-hole, but with 43% overall winrate and not even 2000 games played, you shouldn't be even playing at tier 8. If you don't want to feel like a useless teammate, just hang around tier 5 and 6 for a while. Grind some more lines to those tiers and progress when you can average a 50% winrate or get your first mark of excellence on a vehicle. Try to pull your own weight first, do more damage than the HP of your tank on average. If you can't manage to do that, you are a burden to any team.

There are some real gems at those tiers. Sherman with the 105 derp, PZ IV with the 105 derp, T67, Cromwell, Hellcat, Jackson, T-34(-85), KV-1(S), KV-2, etc. Even some cool premiums like the Type 64, Pudel, HT No. VI, Cromwell B, T78, etc.

Seconded.

Rather than bothering yourself with whether tanks need a buff or not, focus on actually picking up some of the basics of the game first. Your results in light tanks at the tier before the BC-12t are extremely poor to put it mildly. Stick to the tier 6 or 7, which are nice tanks, train a decent crew and familiarise yourself with how to play lights. With this few games played you really shouldn't rush the tiers like this, both for your teammate's and your own sanity and fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users