• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

So_So_English #1 Posted 10 March 2020 - 08:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11170 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

http://wotreplays.eu..._english-wz-131

arctic region is another map I truly hate and feel totally favours 1 team, in this case the north east team who seem to have every advantage, even when your team is full of campers its still really hard to lose from this spawn !!

my question is how do you win consistently from the south west spawn?  heavies camp and die instead of going to j0, you can use the hull down positions on J line if there is no arty but although i have had great damage games i have not had great success winning from there and north teams again camp in top left corner rather than push on to the a4/5

edit  replay wont load, old patch, so basically my entire team camp a5 except myself and King tiger C who camp mountain by cap circle and some how we (just) win, great team game  !!  the three results pages do work as you can see 6 players 0 damage, 7th player 7 damage but the hard camp in base just works so often !!

Edited by So_So_English, 10 March 2020 - 08:37 AM.

ZlatanArKung #2 Posted 10 March 2020 - 09:01 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles
Agreed

Solstad1069 #3 Posted 10 March 2020 - 10:32 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 46228 battles
From my experience hard camping base works from both sides. 3-4 good players that work together can come back from a certain defeat on this map.

TankkiPoju #4 Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25261 battles

Push north side from SW spawn. Even with heavies.

LethalWalou #5 Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:29 PM

Major

• Player
  • 34843 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostSo_So_English, on 10 March 2020 - 07:28 AM, said:

my question is how do you win consistently from the south west spawn?  heavies camp and die instead of going to j0, you can use the hull down positions on J line if there is no arty but although i have had great damage games i have not had great success winning from there and north teams again camp in top left corner rather than push on to the a4/5

How to win as the south team? You either push the north with support from the middle if it's possible, or you go clear the south and then push north and middle. There really is no point to push from south straight to the cap, as I expect the enemies did in your replay. The north is much more viable flank to push and once you clear it enough, tanks can go through D5->C6->B7 to flank the enemies still holding north and shoot them in the back. Once that whole area is cleared, you can put people on D8 to start digging out the base camp from 2 directions with fire support from the south flank. Digging out a camp in this game is a skill. You can get better at it and it's not impossible to do, nowhere near impossible.

The problem for south team is that too many people cross to H7 in the south and then they just stop there. They don't contest the flank at all and let the enemies have the top and lower ground and create crossfire on them. And once they are stuck at H7, they can't move back anymore. It seems to be a case in many maps that one side just half-arses it and loses the game due to that which creates the illusion that said map is unbalanced. It's better to fully do something or not do it at all. So either people who go south, go all they way in, or just choose to not go there at all and rather camp near base.  Anything from the middle is most likely going to lose the game. Camping south from south spawn is viable as it's tough for north to cross over the open.

So_So_English #6 Posted 11 March 2020 - 04:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11170 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

http://wotreplays.eu...so_english-e_50

ok, so tried something different and went E4 to spot and my team push A line really well, sadly they had a very hard base camp and we failed to break this, ultimately a draw as I fell back to my cap to try and draw them out but I did not really know where to go as I have never tried this before

257 drowning himself did not help, and scorpion g camped base far too long, if he push forward 5 minutes earlier he could have shot t-10 from a5 when I spot him, but I genuinely did not know how to break their camp so if you have any pointers how to do this it would be very appreciated

however, I stand by my point about this map, NE spawn has a great advantage over SW

Spurtung #7 Posted 11 March 2020 - 04:54 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78647 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

Will there be a thread for every match you play, or...?

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/737458-great-map-why-this-not-happen-more-often/

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/737409-bad-map-just-played-badly/

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/737408-good-map-played-badly/

Plus the one we're in. :unsure:

So_So_English #8 Posted 11 March 2020 - 05:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11170 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

lol

had another generic thread but highway, artic region and fjords seemed to be the most heated debates about bad maps, hence why a few  specific threads

murovanka a map I love but genuinely don't get why its played so negatively from the south spawn so that's why I added it

blocked fjords but if you wish I can unblock it again?

Edited by So_So_English, 11 March 2020 - 05:21 AM.

So_So_English #9 Posted 12 March 2020 - 11:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11170 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

https://www.youtube....h?v=cikoV9rbFS8

how bs is this game?

roboslash #10 Posted 13 March 2020 - 01:09 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11962 battles
On an unrelated note, mines for T10 games just doesn't make any sense. There certainly needs to be improvement in the map department.

Edited by roboslash, 13 March 2020 - 01:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users