Now understand what "Git Gud" actually means.

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Lee3452 #1 Posted 11 March 2020 - 12:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17512 battles
As a poor player I constantly see the words "Git Gud" in forum post were the good players give advice to those lesser players. Having just started to play Frontlines or should I say Premium lines it all becomes clear. When the words "Git Gud" are mentioned they actually mean buy premium tanks or get reward tanks. I base this on not seeing many Tech Tree tanks tootling around on the maps. I seem to be more or less the only one in my Pantera or T44. So where are all the good players showing me how to play the tech tree tanks in Frontlines. Clicking on the top players show them all having used premium tanks.

facmanpob #2 Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5220 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
I play mostly premium tanks in FL simply because it is the most efficient way for me to farm credits, not because I'm some super-unicum or something (far from it). I've played 10 FL battles and made over 2M credits profit so far. I can imagine most other people use Premiums for the same reason. That said, I ground out a lot of XP in the Centurion I, T-44 and Pershing last year, and have got about 15k XP in the BC 12t so far in the last couple of days, so I do use a tech tree tank as well as all the premiums!

tajj7 #3 Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

lol, always the excuses. 

Most people are using premium tanks for three reasons - they want to make credits as Frontlines it good for that, they don't have anything to grind and they don't need extra crews. 

Good players can make General in most things, I got a General yesterday having spent a lot of time in a 112, my most used tanks as the Bourasque and Renegade, hardly the strongest and most meta tanks around. 

I have like 40 tier 10s unlocked, there are basically no tanks I want to grind and I would make less credits using a tech tree tank, so why would I use one? 

If you make General its not because of the tank you used, but how you used it, if you want to make Major and General consistently then you need to play well, be in the right places at the right times, react and read the map well, cap/decap, if you don't do those things and do them correctly what tank you play is not going to matter. 

Edited by tajj7, 11 March 2020 - 01:07 PM.

SuperOlsson #4 Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24644 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
No, git gud is usually said to unconstrucrive whiners. E.g.:

-Stupid aimbot @#$%^& bla bla 'whine'
-lul, git gud!

Ask in a nice way for advice, and you get actual advice, plus some idiot comment maybe.

AeyT #5 Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:08 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7694 battles

Absolutely true!!

I stole this chart from wg thats proves how they use their advanced algorithms to rig the MM so all the P2Wins get all the ingame wins.

bK06xf0.png

ZlatanArKung #6 Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View PostLee3452, on 11 March 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

As a poor player I constantly see the words "Git Gud" in forum post were the good players give advice to those lesser players. Having just started to play Frontlines or should I say Premium lines it all becomes clear. When the words "Git Gud" are mentioned they actually mean buy premium tanks or get reward tanks. I base this on not seeing many Tech Tree tanks tootling around on the maps. I seem to be more or less the only one in my Pantera or T44. So where are all the good players showing me how to play the tech tree tanks in Frontlines. Clicking on the top players show them all having used premium tanks.

I used AMX 65t as my first tank.

Then premium master pieces like Panther 8.8 and T25 Pilot.

The_Naa #7 Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10443 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

''Git Gud'' does not mean you have to buy Premium tanks to be good.

it means in the literal sense that ''Get Good'' learn how to do it.

if you dont know how to bake. - ''Git Gud Scrub''

learn how to bake. it does not mean that you need to go to the nearest store and buy yourself the most expensive baking equipment in order to learn how to bake.

''Git Gud'' means: learn to play, learn from your mistakes, practise, get good at it.

-''i dont know how to scout''

-''Git Gud''

Lee3452 #8 Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17512 battles

View PostZlatanArKung, on 11 March 2020 - 12:08 PM, said:

I used AMX 65t as my first tank.

Then premium master pieces like Panther 8.8 and T25 Pilot.

Sorry I do not understand what you are saying. Are you saying that those tanks are not as good as Tech Tree tanks and you have out performed other premiums in them?

TankkiPoju #9 Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25261 battles

View Posttajj7, on 11 March 2020 - 01:05 PM, said:

Good players can make General in most things, I got a General yesterday having spent a lot of time in a 112, my most used tanks as the Bourasque and Renegade, hardly the strongest and most meta tanks around. 

Renegade is one the strongest defending tanks on FL though.

10 degrees gun dep, and very good alpha and DPM.

Spurtung #10 Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78661 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

I'm all for science, but sometimes I get skeptical about evolution in our species.

GodTank2 #11 Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10139 battles
  • [RF_] RF_
Mate i used a lancer c as a main tank and CAX with Amx m4 49 as secondaries yet I still got General about 70% of the time. 

splash_time #12 Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well, I use my Lynx, Bc12t (all the three tanks are researched tho, but still love it!) And also Pantera most of the time, I use CAX, TS-5 and S.p depending on the situation, like if I need to hold some hull down position as long as possible, or to farm damage by defeneding the objs with a massive DPM, or to use the mixture of both. 

And as @tajji7 said, main goal is to farm credits. :)

speedphlux #13 Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50637 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
Git Gud means just that - git gud !

Nobody has to carry incompetent Humpty-Dumpties to undeserved victories around here, yet some of the lobotomy patients I've ran into recently, had no problems maintaining 50-52% WR. Incredible !

You can always find excuses elsewhere. Blame Trump if you want to. Or mysogeny. Or racism. Or the weather. Or the migrants. Or those dish-washing sandwich-making devices that people are calling "woman". Whatever makes you sleep better at night little buddy ! Just go for it ! I'm sure one day communism will win and everyone will have everything and you won't have to work and you'll have all the free time in the world to play your favorite video games and you wouldn't have to worry about premium tanks coz you'll have them all and ... Oh wait, nope - the Gulag just called, they want some workers to mine cobalt for Herr Thunberg's new electric car's batteries. Off you go then !

Bora_BOOM #14 Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31269 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

bad player + bad tank < bad player + good tank < good player + bad tank < good player + good tank

So yeah, it is not about the tank. Git gud.

mpf1959 #15 Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34218 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Rubbish, half my tanks are premium and I am far from good, this old chestnut will never die! If you really could pay to win, I would be a top twitch streamer. Getting good means just that, and sadly, all of us are not capable, live with it, or rail against it, but it is the truth!

Lee3452 #16 Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17512 battles

View Postmpf1959, on 11 March 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

Rubbish, half my tanks are premium and I am far from good, this old chestnut will never die! If you really could pay to win, I would be a top twitch streamer. Getting good means just that, and sadly, all of us are not capable, live with it, or rail against it, but it is the truth!

But you seem to do better in your premium tanks. Which would indicate that either you are placed against worse players or your skill improves just for premiums. That is by your logic?

Edited by Lee3452, 11 March 2020 - 02:58 PM.

SaintMaddenus #17 Posted 11 March 2020 - 03:01 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40712 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

No you don't, Git good means learn to play.   You may lack some of the advantages that some of the premiums offer, but your skill is all down to you.   I hate the spotting mechanism, it bugs me But its up to me to learn how to use it properly.  Ie I must Get Gud.    Now if you want to complain about +2 MM then there is another issue. 

Inappropriate_noob #18 Posted 11 March 2020 - 03:14 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17677 battles
Git gud means give it a try and if you don't measure up git out of the game,some players would like to enforce this too,which is bad news for anyone who wants to come in from work and just shoot crap,

Spurtung #19 Posted 11 March 2020 - 03:17 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78661 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostLee3452, on 11 March 2020 - 01:56 PM, said:

But you seem to do better in your premium tanks. Which would indicate that either you are placed against worse players or your skill improves just for premiums. That is by your logic?

You know what? You figure it all out: premium tanks give an edge and their owners become much better players with improved stats.

Hurry, use the discount coupons from tankrewards and buy the most expensive tanks in the shop you can get, it will do you wonders.

shikaka9 #20 Posted 11 March 2020 - 03:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 76568 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostLee3452, on 11 March 2020 - 11:48 AM, said:

When the words "Git Gud" are mentioned they actually mean buy premium tanks or get reward tanks. 

You are going right way, soon will get out of "THE MATRIX"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users