Jump to content


Fluster me and the "planned maintenances"


  • Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Spurtung #1 Posted 12 March 2020 - 05:10 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 78574 battles
  • 7,729
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

Is it so hard to do what they do in the Asian portal?

 

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/announcements/server-maintenance-12mar2020/

 

There, an article, with other news. Simple, accessible.

Instead, you hide that crap in some shady place that very few people will check daily, while news should show in the mandatory Game Center but it's being used as a bloody outdoor advertising offers on the premium shop.

 

But then again, the first time you did so, was to announce the micropatch to sort FL points, and we all know how well that one went. The Turan 3 ad, sorry "news" went fine, however.

 

WG EU is incompetent, and seems to be smugly proud of being so.


Edited by Spurtung, 12 March 2020 - 05:12 AM.


ITR #2 Posted 12 March 2020 - 05:20 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 56475 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011
yah so true.... Maybe they want more players to stop playing this game

DDem0n #3 Posted 12 March 2020 - 05:51 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3015 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    11-24-2012
The annoying part is, I work nights, and can only play these times.... Waited 2 hours with a friend for the frontline downtime (WHY??!!!) to end, only for the server to go down, what the hell?

Gruff_ #4 Posted 12 March 2020 - 05:52 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24721 battles
  • 1,883
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011

Yup down time caught me by suprise again too, WG please put an obvious large pop up  or countdown timer in the garage, something,  anything!!

 

Nothing in the announcement section, nothing in the game centre, nothing on the main wot page website. It is beyond incompetent :angry:



LethalWalou #5 Posted 12 March 2020 - 05:56 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34824 battles
  • 2,453
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostGruff_, on 12 March 2020 - 04:52 AM, said:

Nothing in the announcement section, nothing in the game centre, nothing on the main wot page website. It is beyond incompetent :angry:

 

Do you also check your local shop's open hours from the bus calendar? Maybe look to the place where they always give out the announcements... It shouldn't be so hard after all this time.


Edited by LethalWalou, 12 March 2020 - 05:57 AM.


DDem0n #6 Posted 12 March 2020 - 05:56 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3015 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    11-24-2012
Where can one even find info about this 'planned maintenance' ?

Gruff_ #7 Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:07 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24721 battles
  • 1,883
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011

View PostLethalWalou, on 12 March 2020 - 04:56 AM, said:

 

Do you also check your local shop's open hours from the bus calendar? Maybe look to the place where they always give out the announcements... It shouldn't be so hard after all this time.


There is no new topic announcing the down time for today. 



JaffaStar #8 Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:11 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 54663 battles
  • 432
  • [BORG] BORG
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

Still down

 



LethalWalou #9 Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:12 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34824 battles
  • 2,453
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostGruff_, on 12 March 2020 - 05:07 AM, said:


There is no new topic announcing the down time for today. 

 

I'd recommend brushing away that rheum from your eyes and looking again. There's one, posted 12h before the servers went down.

But hey, some people just have to get their daily complaining out on the forums. :)

05:14 Added after 2 minute

View PostJaffaStar, on 12 March 2020 - 05:11 AM, said:

Still down

 

 

What part of the 0500 - 0800 CET don't you understand in the downtime? A quick glance at the clock would explain why the servers are still down.



iDestrO #10 Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:17 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10837 battles
  • 27
  • [_RLD_] _RLD_
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011

View PostLethalWalou, on 12 March 2020 - 05:12 AM, said:

 

I'd recommend brushing away that rheum from your eyes and looking again. There's one, posted 12h before the servers went down.

But hey, some people just have to get their daily complaining out on the forums. :)

05:14 Added after 2 minute

 

What part of the 0500 - 0800 CET don't you understand in the downtime? A quick glance at the clock would explain why the servers are still down.

 

can you link me this please? the announcement i saw said 0600-0645 CEST.



LethalWalou #11 Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:19 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34824 battles
  • 2,453
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostiDestrO, on 12 March 2020 - 05:17 AM, said:

 

can you link me this please? the announcement i saw said 0600-0645 CEST.

 

I don't know what announcement you were looking at but the correct one is in the same place they always are at; on the top just click 'player support'.



Gruff_ #12 Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:22 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24721 battles
  • 1,883
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011

View PostLethalWalou, on 12 March 2020 - 05:12 AM, said:

 

I'd recommend brushing away that rheum from your eyes and looking again. There's one, posted 12h before the servers went down.

But hey, some people just have to get their daily complaining out on the forums. :)

05:14 Added after 2 minute

 

What part of the 0500 - 0800 CET don't you understand in the downtime? A quick glance at the clock would explain why the servers are still down.


Would you mind linking exactly where someone from WG states servers will be down today? 

 

There is a 12 page thread from the 9th with a link that gives 404 error, I have read though all that and have looked through the other announcements and can't see it.



LethalWalou #13 Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:27 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34824 battles
  • 2,453
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostGruff_, on 12 March 2020 - 05:22 AM, said:


Would you mind linking exactly where someone from WG states servers will be down today? 

 

There is a 12 page thread from the 9th with a link that gives 404 error, I have read though all that and have looked through the other announcements and can't see it.

 

I just told the person above you, now exercise your reading skills. And from now on, you should never ever have problems with finding the information, ever again. I can although predict already that you will not check there in future either and this same thing will happen again.

I also have no idea where you were looking at before, so I ask again; Do you also check your local shop's open hours from the bus calendar?


Edited by LethalWalou, 12 March 2020 - 06:28 AM.


emptyman #14 Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:34 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 24780 battles
  • 23
  • [-BSB] -BSB
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

WG EU is incompetent, and seems to be smugly proud of being so.

True.



Gruff_ #15 Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:36 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24721 battles
  • 1,883
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011

View PostLethalWalou, on 12 March 2020 - 05:27 AM, said:

 

I just told the person above you, now exercise your reading skills. And from now on, you should never ever have problems with finding the information, ever again. I can although predict already that you will not check there in future either and this same thing will happen again.

I also have no idea where you were looking at before, so I ask again; Do you also check your local shop's open hours from the bus calendar?


I was looking in the announcement section of the English forums - you know the main place one might expect an announcement  http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/forum/1468-announcements/ 

 

I would also expect to see something in the game centre or garage earlier on in the day letting us know.  To answer your question about shops as I know you like these boxe ticked I would look on the front door.  In this case the front door of WG has nothing on it.



LethalWalou #16 Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:36 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34824 battles
  • 2,453
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View Postemptyman, on 12 March 2020 - 05:34 AM, said:

WG EU is incompetent, and seems to be smugly proud of being so.

True.

 

It's ironic that people who aren't able to find easily accessible information, which is always in the same place, call others incompetent...

05:39 Added after 2 minute

View PostGruff_, on 12 March 2020 - 05:36 AM, said:


I was looking in the announcement section of the English forums - you know the main place one might expect an announcement  http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/forum/1468-announcements/ 

 

I would also expect to see something in the game centre or garage earlier on in the day letting us know.  To answer your question about shops as I know you like these boxe ticked I would look on the front door.  In this case the front door of WG has nothing on it.

 

Are you telling me that you have never ever, like ever, heard of the place they actually post this information to. These threads happen now and again and the same thing is said to the people whining... Yet still some seem to choose to not learn. At least now you know so you have no grounds to complain next time.



Gruff_ #17 Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:43 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24721 battles
  • 1,883
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011

View PostLethalWalou, on 12 March 2020 - 05:36 AM, said:

 

It's ironic that people who aren't able to find easily accessible information, which is always in the same place, call others incompetent...

05:39 Added after 2 minute

 

Are you telling me that you have never ever, like ever, heard of the place they actually post this information to. These threads happen now and again and the same thing is said to the people whining... Yet still some seem to choose to not learn. At least now you know so you have no grounds to complain next time.


Do you not think it would be better to have it in the game centre, and also posted on the forum announcements? These are the main 2 place people access.

 

Do you check the support site each day before logging in by the way?



Spurtung #18 Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:47 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 78574 battles
  • 7,729
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostLethalWalou, on 12 March 2020 - 04:56 AM, said:

 

Do you also check your local shop's open hours from the bus calendar? Maybe look to the place where they always give out the announcements... It shouldn't be so hard after all this time.

 

That's exactly the problem. We either check that daily, or we check that whenever something's wrong in a "maybe they have news on it".

How many times have you known, in advance, the servers would be taken down?

 

That is why they should use the portal for this, because the Game Center would display this kind of news, in advance.



LethalWalou #19 Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:48 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34824 battles
  • 2,453
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostGruff_, on 12 March 2020 - 05:43 AM, said:


Do you not think it would be better to have it in the game centre, and also posted on the forum announcements? These are the main 2 place people access.

 

Do you check the support site each day before logging in by the way?

 

I could care less where it is as I don't get overly worked up if I'm not allowed to play a pixel tank game. I tried to log in the game after I came home from work and realised that the servers were down... Big deal.

But it's important that where ever the information is, it's there consistently. So next time you feel like complaining again, just go look at the correct place, not the bus calendar.



Gruff_ #20 Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:52 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24721 battles
  • 1,883
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011

View PostLethalWalou, on 12 March 2020 - 05:48 AM, said:

 

I could care less where it is as I don't get overly worked up if I'm not allowed to play a pixel tank game. I tried to log in the game after I came home from work and realised that the servers were down... Big deal.

But it's important that where ever the information is, it's there consistently. So next time you feel like complaining again, just go look at the correct place, not the bus calendar.

 

You have a thing about bus calendars today don't you.  I just want things to be better for all.  But please do continue being such a massive [edited].






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users