Jump to content


The new English A46 heads to ST


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Dwigt #1 Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:00 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • WG Staff
  • 2364 battles
  • 1,277
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-29-2018

Good day Commanders,

 

It’s about time to witness another newcomer blasting off into the Supertest: let's hear it for the A46, a Tier VI light Brit.

 

With a top speed of 60 km/h and a specific power of 22.2 hp per ton, this vehicle boasts good dynamics. While its maneuverability is up to its mobility: the hull traverse speed of 55 degrees per second can make your head spin.

 

The survivability of the A46 is what you would normally expect of a light tank of this tier. The HP pool amounts to 580 points and the armor is 35 mm thick at best. As for its firepower it’s far from impressive: the 77mm gun deals 105 points of damage with a standard AP round piercing 105 mm of enemy armor. The accuracy is 0.45 (safe to say that our hero is a bit myopic) while the aiming time is 1.9 seconds.

 

To keep it simple, the A46 is a fast light tank best suited for active reconnaissance. It can handle maneuverability-based play. If needed it can retreat with ease—to switch position and lend support in the battle’s critical spot.

 

 

WoT_Template_New-Tank_A46_EN.jpg

 

Spoiler
GB108_A46_1.jpgGB108_A46_2.jpgGB108_A46_3.jpgGB108_A46_4.jpgGB108_A46_5.jpg

 



sokolicc #2 Posted 13 March 2020 - 01:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 40190 battles
  • 514
  • [V-TER] V-TER
  • Member since:
    04-14-2016
I'm browsing from phone and i was scared when i saw image. It looked like another wheelie...
Huh, whatever, it's worse than T21 or T37 so it's balanced, there are stronger tanks people play and they're not broken.

Denton_0451 #3 Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:16 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 28431 battles
  • 2,021
  • [NEGEV] NEGEV
  • Member since:
    02-18-2011
Will this be a premium or reward tank?

baratoz1701 #4 Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28976 battles
  • 629
  • [DNUTZ] DNUTZ
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012
shocking pen.......

voodoospirit #5 Posted 13 March 2020 - 11:11 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 32567 battles
  • 3,342
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

aimtime 0.45......

low pen.

power/weight ratio is a joke...i think cromwell B has better ....

 

i guess it s on par the useless classic light  british tree.......



TheBigShaker #6 Posted 14 March 2020 - 12:14 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 62770 battles
  • 58
  • Member since:
    05-05-2015

I’ve just read tanks encyclopaedia for this tank https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldwar-uk-a46-light-tank/

it was going to have the same gun as the comet with work been done to make it an auto loader 

12 degrees of gun depression

and it had more armour 

it’s not clear whether it would be 3 crew or 4  they say it would be crammed with 3 for its role

would it not be better at tier 7 with these improvements than what wg wants to put in game

i like the looks and model but not the stats



1ucky #7 Posted 21 March 2020 - 10:07 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 95088 battles
  • 2,045
  • [THRIL] THRIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013
The model looks good, not so sure about the stats though.

Gkirmathal #8 Posted 07 April 2020 - 09:29 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 8692 battles
  • 2,042
  • [2VTD] 2VTD
  • Member since:
    01-14-2013

This tank would be the PERFECT fit between the Crusader at tier 5 and the Setter at tier 7!

 

No need to move the low tier British tanks up one tier! Leave them at their original tier and use the A46 to fill the gap at tier 6 to close the British light tank line.



saxsan4 #9 Posted 11 May 2020 - 02:04 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 31692 battles
  • 8,280
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostGkirmathal, on 07 April 2020 - 08:29 AM, said:

This tank would be the PERFECT fit between the Crusader at tier 5 and the Setter at tier 7!

 

No need to move the low tier British tanks up one tier! Leave them at their original tier and use the A46 to fill the gap at tier 6 to close the British light tank line.


I second this

 

and introduce new lower tier light tanks Tetrarchat tier 4 , harry Hopkins at tier 5


Edited by saxsan4, 11 May 2020 - 02:04 PM.


TheBigShaker #10 Posted 12 June 2020 - 04:15 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 62770 battles
  • 58
  • Member since:
    05-05-2015
This tank was bad , And it’s worse now ,it’s been nerfed it’s Dpm from just over 1900 to 1500 , WHY?  

feies_vlad #11 Posted 14 June 2020 - 02:08 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16524 battles
  • 631
  • [CIRC] CIRC
  • Member since:
    09-05-2015

View PostTheBigShaker, on 12 June 2020 - 04:15 PM, said:

This tank was bad , And it’s worse now ,it’s been nerfed it’s Dpm from just over 1900 to 1500 , WHY?  

Why? Because it's british and needs to be as bad as the whole brit light line, duh... :teethhappy:



Miepie #12 Posted 15 June 2020 - 09:47 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8328 battles
  • 4,372
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018
I would love to have the Bob Semple and Schofield tanks in the game, though. Now that the "collectable" category was introduced, the time may have finally come. :child:

saxsan4 #13 Posted 16 June 2020 - 04:13 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 31692 battles
  • 8,280
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostMiepie, on 15 June 2020 - 08:47 AM, said:

I would love to have the Bob Semple and Schofield tanks in the game, though. Now that the "collectable" category was introduced, the time may have finally come. :child:


Premiums



saxsan4 #14 Posted 16 June 2020 - 05:14 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 31692 battles
  • 8,280
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

hello

 

the armour is wrong, historically it had this

 

Turret: front 75mm, sides 50mm, rear 40mm, top 14mm
Hull: upper 76mm, lower 50mm, side 25mm, upper 19mm, rear lower 25mm, top Front 14mm, belly 19mm

 

and it also had -12 gun depression 

 

and the crew is only 3 not 4

 

come on, these are easy fixes

https://tanks-encycl...a46-light-tank/


Edited by saxsan4, 16 June 2020 - 05:15 AM.


baratoz1701 #15 Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:22 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28976 battles
  • 629
  • [DNUTZ] DNUTZ
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View Postsaxsan4, on 16 June 2020 - 04:14 AM, said:

hello

 

the armour is wrong, historically it had this

 

Turret: front 75mm, sides 50mm, rear 40mm, top 14mm
Hull: upper 76mm, lower 50mm, side 25mm, upper 19mm, rear lower 25mm, top Front 14mm, belly 19mm

 

and it also had -12 gun depression 

 

and the crew is only 3 not 4

 

come on, these are easy fixes

https://tanks-encycl...a46-light-tank/

Do you really think WG care about the real numbers?



saxsan4 #16 Posted 17 June 2020 - 03:38 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 31692 battles
  • 8,280
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View Postbaratoz1701, on 16 June 2020 - 10:22 AM, said:

Do you really think WG care about the real numbers?


yes, they for many years said they couldn't buff one of the German 88mm because In real life it had a set amount



Dwug_ #17 Posted 18 August 2020 - 09:05 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 56600 battles
  • 227
  • [EFE-S] EFE-S
  • Member since:
    09-10-2011

Excuse you?!
 

This is the reward we get for staying with you for 10 damn whole years?

 

What is with these absolutely garbage penetration values? 105 mm on standard AP rounds / 138 mm on gold APCR rounds / 38 mm on HE rounds.

Low alpha to top it, with 105 dmg.
The mobility is mediocre and I would've liked to say that it resembles the T92 (tier VIII light tank), but it's not even close. The playstyle is not even close, since T92 is an amazing supporter/sniper, whereas this A46 is merely a joke compared to any brawling fast-firing tank or snip-snip-from-afar-away tank.

The aim is just... really bad. Put together with a ~4s reload... it makes it cringy- at the very least said -to play it.

 

Seriously, these are what I'd change (standard values, without any modifications from equipment or crew perks/skills):

AP shells ==> increase penetration value from 105 mm to 120-130 mm;

APCR shells ==> increase penetration value from 138 mm to 150-190 mm;

Dispersion ==> 0.4;

Reload time ==>  3.9s;

Specific power ==> 22-23 hp/t;

HP ==> +20 (600 total).

 

I have tried so many combos on the equipment setup- currently using Optics + Gun Rammer + Vents, that I'm determined to just mount the following: Camo Net + Bino + Low Noise Exhaust System, and just sit in the deepest corner of the map and watch how birds fly.

 

Stop destroying this game. Try to make it better, not worse.

Have a nice day!



baratoz1701 #18 Posted 21 August 2020 - 12:33 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28976 battles
  • 629
  • [DNUTZ] DNUTZ
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostConductiveMetal, on 18 August 2020 - 08:05 PM, said:

Excuse you?!
 

This is the reward we get for staying with you for 10 damn whole years?

 

What is with these absolutely garbage penetration values? 105 mm on standard AP rounds / 138 mm on gold APCR rounds / 38 mm on HE rounds.

Low alpha to top it, with 105 dmg.
The mobility is mediocre and I would've liked to say that it resembles the T92 (tier VIII light tank), but it's not even close. The playstyle is not even close, since T92 is an amazing supporter/sniper, whereas this A46 is merely a joke compared to any brawling fast-firing tank or snip-snip-from-afar-away tank.

The aim is just... really bad. Put together with a ~4s reload... it makes it cringy- at the very least said -to play it.

 

Seriously, these are what I'd change (standard values, without any modifications from equipment or crew perks/skills):

AP shells ==> increase penetration value from 105 mm to 120-130 mm;

APCR shells ==> increase penetration value from 138 mm to 150-190 mm;

Dispersion ==> 0.4;

Reload time ==>  3.9s;

Specific power ==> 22-23 hp/t;

HP ==> +20 (600 total).

 

I have tried so many combos on the equipment setup- currently using Optics + Gun Rammer + Vents, that I'm determined to just mount the following: Camo Net + Bino + Low Noise Exhaust System, and just sit in the deepest corner of the map and watch how birds fly.

 

Stop destroying this game. Try to make it better, not worse.

Have a nice day!

5 quid says it will never be buffed. what you see is what you get



_Old_Spice_ #19 Posted 24 August 2020 - 02:24 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46565 battles
  • 726
  • [P4ID] P4ID
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011

View Postsaxsan4, on 16 June 2020 - 05:14 AM, said:

hello

 

the armour is wrong, historically it had this

 

Turret: front 75mm, sides 50mm, rear 40mm, top 14mm
Hull: upper 76mm, lower 50mm, side 25mm, upper 19mm, rear lower 25mm, top Front 14mm, belly 19mm

 

and it also had -12 gun depression 

 

and the crew is only 3 not 4

 

come on, these are easy fixes

https://tanks-encycl...a46-light-tank/

The crew is the most important here... cuz you need additional loader (LHMTV-3 crew, GSOR-3, Manticore-2) and it’s inconvenient and long way to  get BiA and concealment skills...

I just didn’t play it even a battle:(



viburn_marnion #20 Posted 24 August 2020 - 09:06 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 24420 battles
  • 34
  • Member since:
    10-29-2016

View PostDwigt, on 12 March 2020 - 06:00 PM, said:

The survivability of the A46 is what you would normally expect of a light tank of this tier. The HP pool amounts to 580 points [...]

 

So back in March before the hp raise of all tier 1-6 tanks it had 580 hp. Now after the 1.9 update in April that saw a raise in hp for all tier 1-6 tanks it still has 580 hp. Is there any chance you forgot about something?






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users