These guys care only about money and nothing else

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Enderman21 #1 Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28788 battles
  • [VNOMS] VNOMS

So after the miserable attempt to introduce another update (labeled as "duuuurrr, we rebalance ammunition") which real intent was to make players spam more gold and consequently buy more premium time (nothing new for this company), now WG introduces another useless thing. The Battle Pass which is designed yet again to make players spend more money.

Like seriously, are you guys at Minsk thinking about anything else but money? Aren't there vehicles to rebalance, maps to rebalance, other issues in the game? 

All you are doing is pretending that it is soooo complicated to fix these issues and it takes you poor fellas soooo much time to actually find solutions, while all you are doing is introduce 3D skins, battle passes, gamble boxes and etc. 

8126Jakobsson #2 Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 84712 battles
They should only care about the money. But there are different kinds of money and sadly they seem to be more focused on the fast kind, which can be in detriment of the game and thus lead to less money. Some more effort into improving the quality of the core product would be nice for all, yes. But I'm sure we get there. Eventually. :)

_Signal_ #3 Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:24 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47855 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 12 March 2020 - 09:15 PM, said:

They should only care about the money. But there are different kinds of money and sadly they seem to be more focused on the fast kind, which can be in detriment of the game and thus lead to less money. Some more effort into improving the quality of the core product would be nice for all, yes. But I'm sure we get there. Eventually. :)

after 9 years it's only ever gone one way so I wouldn;t hold your breath... The latest battle pass is basically a rip off of the PUBG one and that game is pretty much dying.

DaniulSims #4 Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11157 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K

Oh yes, while we've been getting increasingly more free stuff for simply playing over the last few years (reserves and XP boosters for premium time, reserves, rewards for merits/daily missions), a lot of free gifts every year for simply having an account, weekly events with XP boosters/giving away reserves, the Tank Rewards system, WG is now greedy for introducing a battle pass.

Is it ripped off of PUBG's/Fortnite's? Yeah. And so is every battle pass. But it's free stuff they give away for playing, and if you pay you just get more free stuff.

I truly don't get the reasonings behind the mentality of some people.

8126Jakobsson #5 Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 84712 battles

View Post_Signal_, on 12 March 2020 - 10:24 PM, said:

after 9 years it's only ever gone one way so I wouldn;t hold your breath... The latest battle pass is basically a rip off of the PUBG one and that game is pretty much dying.

We have seen some good stuff added though. It's just that they don't really take the time to polish it. They move on to add something new instead, leaving a trail of bad crumbles on the way that builds up with time. They just have to pause and iron it out. But instead they force questionable ideas just for the sake of it, like some compulsive progressive content junkie. Chill. Take a look at the physics. Balance some tanks. Ok we good. 

edit: oh and map work of course, ok now we good

Edited by 8126Jakobsson, 12 March 2020 - 10:58 PM.

Element6 #6 Posted 12 March 2020 - 11:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32987 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostEnderman21, on 12 March 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

So after the miserable attempt to introduce another update (labeled as "duuuurrr, we rebalance ammunition") which real intent was to make players spam more gold and consequently buy more premium time (nothing new for this company), now WG introduces another useless thing. The Battle Pass which is designed yet again to make players spend more money.

Like seriously, are you guys at Minsk thinking about anything else but money? Aren't there vehicles to rebalance, maps to rebalance, other issues in the game? 

All you are doing is pretending that it is soooo complicated to fix these issues and it takes you poor fellas soooo much time to actually find solutions, while all you are doing is introduce 3D skins, battle passes, gamble boxes and etc. 

You need to remember that they are not trying to "fix" things so that you will like them more/better, but so that it suits as high a number of players as possible. Chances are very slim that you as an individual will have the opinions that fit that profile perfectly.

As for the battle pass, I'm guessing it's among other things a gold drain for the gold we got from the christmas boxes.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76382 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostEnderman21, on 12 March 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

See... here is the thing. I suspect you have an idea on how to fix say gold ammo. Everyone wants a change on it. But the idea of change still differs. And after a year of testing, the feedback is rather mixed on what works or not for them to just go one way with it. As was clearly evident on the last test on this forum. Vehicle rebalance is a different issue. If a gold rebalance is coming. No point putting all the effort on balancing several tanks, that then might be out of meta again anyway depending on what direction gold goes.

shikaka9 #8 Posted 13 March 2020 - 07:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 76221 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
its ok ok...  left of scales all the gameplay problems , right side - premiums and events ... more left broken, more they put on the right ... balanced :) chariot goes

malachi6 #9 Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:44 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51375 battles

A statement that ignores the fact that the vast majority of people working for WG have nothing to do with the monetization of the game or its events.  The only concern most developers, coders, and artists have about WG's profitability is being paid,  The only people really concerned about money are the bosses and marketeers. 

I would expect most of those only really care because of the organizational ethos.  BP and Deepwater Horizon, Boeing and 737's are examples of companies putting profit ahead of safety. And Nestlê giving baby milk free to African families (While in hospital then selling it for a week's wages.) is an example of profit above health.  Organizations are generally less moral than the people within them.

Wintermute_1 #10 Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:50 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53288 battles

View PostDaniulSims, on 12 March 2020 - 10:54 PM, said:

... and if you pay you just get more free stuff.

When you pay for free stuff its called buying it. 

I think the 'Everyone should be grateful for WGs generousity' trope is well worn enough that we don't have start redefining the word "free", much as WG would appreciate it.

Edited by Wintermute_1, 13 March 2020 - 09:50 AM.

DaniulSims #11 Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11157 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K

View PostWintermute_1, on 13 March 2020 - 10:50 AM, said:

When you pay for free stuff its called buying it. 

I think the 'Everyone should be grateful for WGs generousity' trope is well worn enough that we don't have start redefining the word "free", much as WG would appreciate it.

Using the word "buying" would've triggered minds like that of the OP, so I opted to choose my words more wisely as to get a point across...to different, special mindsets :)

Von_Pruss #12 Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:19 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7354 battles
I am a bit baffled they basically let buyers of the premium pass shoot +2,5% faster now. At least you need to spend 3,000,000 credits for the upgrade, but this is not a big deal. This is honestly not a good direction, when even the bond equipment is almost unachievable for the majority of the casual palyer base. The 3,000,000 credits for the upgrade are only an excuse to not make it seem "pay2win" too obviously, even if shooting +2,5% faster is not a guarantee to win, but it is a hefty advantage. This concerns me. And not only me.

Homer_J #13 Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:25 AM

Field Marshal

• 33637 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVon_Pruss, on 13 March 2020 - 09:19 AM, said:

I am a bit baffled they basically let buyers of the premium pass shoot +2,5% faster now. At least you need to spend 3,000,000 credits for the upgrade, but this is not a big deal. This is honestly not a good direction, when even the bond equipment is almost unachievable for the majority of the casual palyer base. The 3,000,000 credits for the upgrade are only an excuse to not make it seem "pay2win" too obviously, even if shooting +2,5% faster is not a guarantee to win, but it is a hefty advantage. This concerns me. And not only me.

You realise for that 3mill credits you can do exactly the same thing for 150 battles without spending 6500 gold?  And for the value of that 6500 gold you can do it for another 130 battles.  Not that reload time has anything to do with how fast you can fire, you can only shoot when there is something to shoot at.

Von_Pruss #14 Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:28 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7354 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 13 March 2020 - 09:25 AM, said:

Not that reload time has anything to do with how fast you can fire, you can only shoot when there is something to shoot at.

Good joke. So DPM is a stat that is not important at all, right? And this comes from a moderator. Unbelievable.

staurinsh #15 Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35898 battles

View PostVon_Pruss, on 13 March 2020 - 09:28 AM, said:

Good joke. So DPM is a stat that is not important at all, right? And this comes from a moderator. Unbelievable.

Dont take that guy serious, i remember a month o two ago one guy was reporting about some debris bugs on map and this guy was asking about what kind of graphics settings player have, like a graphics settings can affect bugs on maps.

SlyMeerkat #16 Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:38 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19405 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
Well it is a free to play company and money dont grow off trees so they need income somehow to keep running which most seem to forget and yes there is better ways they could do it but this is all their small brains are capable, all they have on the brain is vodka Kappa 

DaniulSims #17 Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11157 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K

View Poststaurinsh, on 13 March 2020 - 11:34 AM, said:

Dont take that guy serious, i remember a month o two ago one guy was reporting about some debris bugs on map and this guy was asking about what kind of graphics settings player have, like a graphics settings can affect bugs on maps.

As someone who's had to downgrade the computer I play with, I can guarantee, on lower graphical settings the edges and general shapes of certain objects get skewed a lot. I didn't have any issue with hitboxes before, but now that I'm playing on low settings on the standard client, the hitboxes don't match the physical objects a lot of times.

Slyspy #18 Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14961 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostVon_Pruss, on 13 March 2020 - 10:28 AM, said:

But that 2.5% difference translates to tenths of a second on the reload. In the context of a match it makes very little real difference.

View Poststaurinsh, on 13 March 2020 - 10:34 AM, said:

Then you should educate yourself. While there are indeed bugs to be found (there always are) it is also true that on very low graphics settings not everything is displayed on screen. 

Yaccay #19 Posted 13 March 2020 - 11:38 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 36556 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL

At least Battle Pass does not give advantage to the players who buy it.

staurinsh #20 Posted 13 March 2020 - 11:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35898 battles
"very low graphics settings not everything is displayed on screen" But that wont be a bug.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users