Jump to content


Still confused about Frontline


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Geoffrey_Ironfist #1 Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32020 battles
  • 543
  • [YBB] YBB
  • Member since:
    06-23-2018

I am still confused by some of the mechanics. How does overtime work as in when do you get overtime and by how much? Does capping depend on number of vehicles in cap? Where are the freaking ship guns, I can never find them. There are various situations when one sector is greyed out, why? There are other situations when it is red striped but no air strikes - why? There are some numbers on the final zone 1-5, what are those? There was also at one point a symbol of a tank turret floating in the air, what was that? Is anyone commanding the team and is he the one who is pinging or is everyone pinging? Now and then there are announcements that "Our general has entered the battlefield", so what are you supposed to do? I honestly don't know, I am not joking.

 

Also is there a way to zoom out on the minimap?


Edited by Geoffrey_Ironfist, 12 March 2020 - 10:27 PM.


Sir__Alonne #2 Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:28 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22756 battles
  • 280
  • Member since:
    04-06-2017

View PostGeoffrey_Ironfist, on 12 March 2020 - 10:26 PM, said:

 How does overtime work as in when do you get overtime and by how much

From what i remember you get overtime after you destroyed an objective/cap,by how much i don't recall,haven't played fl in months.



24doom24 #3 Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:28 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9202 battles
  • 1,210
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostGeoffrey_Ironfist, on 12 March 2020 - 09:26 PM, said:

I am still confused by some of the mechanics. How does overtime work as in when do you get overtime and by how much? Does capping depend on number of vehicles in cap? Where are the freaking ship guns, I can never find them. There are various situations when one sector is greyed out, why? There are other situations when it is red striped but no air strikes - why? There are some numbers on the final zone 1-5, what are those? There was also at one point a symbol of a tank turret floating in the air, what was that? Is anyone commanding the team and is he the one who is pinging or is everyone pinging? Now and then there are announcements that "Our general has entered the battlefield", so what are you supposed to do? I honestly don't know, I am not joking.

 

Also is there a way to zoom out on the minimap?

sure buddy



Geoffrey_Ironfist #4 Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32020 battles
  • 543
  • [YBB] YBB
  • Member since:
    06-23-2018
You may think I am joking but I was not born with that knowledge. Probably I am not alone. I only just started playing Frontline. You have to start somewhere.

Edited by Geoffrey_Ironfist, 12 March 2020 - 10:37 PM.


GustyOWindflap #5 Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:39 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 1943 battles
  • 96
  • Member since:
    12-21-2017
Hold Ctrl over the minimap and use mouse scroll to zoom in and out of map area.

divsmo #6 Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:52 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39596 battles
  • 786
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012

View PostGeoffrey_Ironfist, on 12 March 2020 - 09:26 PM, said:

I am still confused by some of the mechanics. How does overtime work as in when do you get overtime and by how much? Does capping depend on number of vehicles in cap? Where are the freaking ship guns, I can never find them. There are various situations when one sector is greyed out, why? There are other situations when it is red striped but no air strikes - why? There are some numbers on the final zone 1-5, what are those? There was also at one point a symbol of a tank turret floating in the air, what was that? Is anyone commanding the team and is he the one who is pinging or is everyone pinging? Now and then there are announcements that "Our general has entered the battlefield", so what are you supposed to do? I honestly don't know, I am not joking.

 

Also is there a way to zoom out on the minimap?

Unsure if you're serious or not but i'm bored so here you go.

 

1. You get overtime if you are capping a base when the game time runs out, it's 1:30 and if the tanks capping die in that time the game ends. If you cap game time is extended as per normal.

2. Capping depends on the number of tanks in the cap to a maximum of 3 and also what levels of engineering they all have.

3.The ship guns are the numbers 1-5 on the map.

4.A sector is greyed out when you haven't capped the base before it on the flank.

5.You have a minute after a base is capped to get out before you get artillery striked.

6.See 3

7.No idea 

8.Everyone can pinh the map.

9.It's just letting you know that the first player on your team has made it to general.

10. As above hover over the minimap and use your mouse wheel.


Edited by divsmo, 12 March 2020 - 10:53 PM.


BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 13 March 2020 - 01:25 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25013 battles
  • 12,980
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

Just shoot and cause as much damage as you can....preferable when the enemy is capping. Don't worry about winning or losing....just cause as much damage as you can. Don't worry about 'over time', just cause damage. Save your 'air strikes and artillery' for causing damage when you want to help decap a base, it racks up the XP.

Did I mention do damage?



splash_time #8 Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:11 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15692 battles
  • 1,518
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View Postdivsmo, on 13 March 2020 - 12:52 AM, said:

Unsure if you're serious or not but i'm bored so here you go.

 

1. You get overtime if you are capping a base when the game time runs out, it's 1:30 and if the tanks capping die in that time the game ends. If you cap game time is extended as per normal.

2. Capping depends on the number of tanks in the cap to a maximum of 3 and also what levels of engineering they all have.

3.The ship guns are the numbers 1-5 on the map.

4.A sector is greyed out when you haven't capped the base before it on the flank.

5.You have a minute after a base is capped to get out before you get artillery striked.

6.See 3

7.No idea 

8.Everyone can pinh the map.

9.It's just letting you know that the first player on your team has made it to general.

10. As above hover over the minimap and use your mouse wheel.

 

Exactly, he's right. ↑ 

You can platoon with friends/clan members and ask them about anything you don't know about. FL is all about platooning (+15% more credits in platoon if you have premium), and having fun.



facmanpob #9 Posted 13 March 2020 - 01:52 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5211 battles
  • 462
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    05-06-2013

This might help a bit

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOD_Xe_dHrM&t=1453s

 

It goes through the Normandie map, but the Kraftwerk (snow) map has the same basic principles.



Flicka #10 Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:47 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23708 battles
  • 430
  • [CELL] CELL
  • Member since:
    10-25-2011

7. That player or somebody near him was using the Inspire consumable, you will notice that a certain tank has a green striped circle above him, and for a short time he and all allie tanks in the circle will get "better", like having Brothels in arms :B

 

 



Player_2844342757 #11 Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:56 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 352 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    12-23-2018

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 13 March 2020 - 01:25 AM, said:

Just shoot and cause as much damage as you can....preferable when the enemy is capping. Don't worry about winning or losing....just cause as much damage as you can. Don't worry about 'over time', just cause damage. Save your 'air strikes and artillery' for causing damage when you want to help decap a base, it racks up the XP.

Did I mention do damage?

 

I read elsewhere that to get to General level quicker you are better capping or de-capping?

 

Also thought winning gave more xp and credits



jabster #12 Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12823 battles
  • 26,890
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010


BravelyRanAway #13 Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:58 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25013 battles
  • 12,980
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostPlayer_2844342757, on 13 March 2020 - 01:56 PM, said:

 

I read elsewhere that to get to General level quicker you are better capping or de-capping?

 

Also thought winning gave more xp and credits

True capping/de-capping gives lots of XP.

Credit earning is the same whether you win or lose.



mpf1959 #14 Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:59 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34186 battles
  • 2,414
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017

Still confused about Frontline

 

Look on the bright side, I'm still confused, but just generally! :amazed:



splash_time #15 Posted 13 March 2020 - 03:03 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15692 battles
  • 1,518
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View PostPlayer_2844342757, on 13 March 2020 - 04:56 PM, said:

 

I read elsewhere that to get to General level quicker you are better capping or de-capping?

 

Also thought winning gave more xp and credits

 

You can reach General by doing both, yesterday I reached General by capping A, C and E with lvl5 engineering. 

And I dealt something about 6-7k damage. And I had times where I reached General not by capping, but by dealing 10k damage and assisting 2k. :)



Homer_J #16 Posted 13 March 2020 - 03:14 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33686 battles
  • 37,622
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 13 March 2020 - 12:25 AM, said:

Just shoot and cause as much damage as you can....preferable when the enemy is capping. Don't worry about winning or losing....just cause as much damage as you can. Don't worry about 'over time', just cause damage. Save your 'air strikes and artillery' for causing damage when you want to help decap a base, it racks up the XP.

Did I mention do damage?

 

You forgot to say don't die.

 

Don't ever die, don't take one for the team, don't be a hero, camp as far away from the fight as you can and don't die.



Geoffrey_Ironfist #17 Posted 14 March 2020 - 03:41 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32020 battles
  • 543
  • [YBB] YBB
  • Member since:
    06-23-2018

View PostHomer_J, on 13 March 2020 - 03:14 PM, said:

 

You forgot to say don't die.

 

Don't ever die, don't take one for the team, don't be a hero, camp as far away from the fight as you can and don't die.

 

Somehow I think you are being cynical

 

View PostFlicka, on 13 March 2020 - 02:47 PM, said:

7. That player or somebody near him was using the Inspire consumable, you will notice that a certain tank has a green striped circle above him, and for a short time he and all allie tanks in the circle will get "better", like having Brothels in arms :B

 

 

 

I don't think it was that, the floating turret had a yellow or orange colour and once appeared as I entered one of the zones with the objectives. It may have been a ship-gun turret although it had only one gun.



LethalWalou #18 Posted 14 March 2020 - 04:15 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 34843 battles
  • 2,563
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostGeoffrey_Ironfist, on 14 March 2020 - 02:41 AM, said:

I don't think it was that, the floating turret had a yellow or orange colour and once appeared as I entered one of the zones with the objectives. It may have been a ship-gun turret although it had only one gun.

 

It was indicating that the sector was still a no-go-zone, and if you were to go there, you would have been artied by the game.

If you were on the attacking team and there was a counter, you can start attacking already when the counter is at 5s and you won't get artied.

If you were on the defending team, after the counter goes to zero, there is still a period in which you can't enter the sector. If you do enter at that point, you will get instantly artied.

In case you get artied, it does not necessarily kill you which means that some people like to enter the no-go-zone when attacking, way before the counter hits 0 to get a proper head start. They will lose majority of their HP but it could be worth it in some cases such as you have capped C on over time and you need to initiate the F cap and there isn't much defenders on the zone.



splash_time #19 Posted 14 March 2020 - 09:01 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15692 battles
  • 1,518
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View PostLethalWalou, on 14 March 2020 - 06:15 AM, said:

 

It was indicating that the sector was still a no-go-zone, and if you were to go there, you would have been artied by the game.

If you were on the attacking team and there was a counter, you can start attacking already when the counter is at 5s and you won't get artied.

If you were on the defending team, after the counter goes to zero, there is still a period in which you can't enter the sector. If you do enter at that point, you will get instantly artied.

In case you get artied, it does not necessarily kill you which means that some people like to enter the no-go-zone when attacking, way before the counter hits 0 to get a proper head start. They will lose majority of their HP but it could be worth it in some cases such as you have capped C on over time and you need to initiate the F cap and there isn't much defenders on the zone.

 

Yes exactly this. This icon shows that the sector that you wanna enter is still locked for you, because the other base before it wasn't captured yet, or either because your team captured the base but it gives the enemy team a chance to fall back. 

If it showed up, don't go inside that zone, because artilleries will strike you hard. So be patient and move with your team. :)


Edited by splash_time, 14 March 2020 - 09:02 AM.


Geoffrey_Ironfist #20 Posted 14 March 2020 - 12:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32020 battles
  • 543
  • [YBB] YBB
  • Member since:
    06-23-2018

How is a new frontline player supposed to know all that? Thank you guys!

 

The link facmanpob posted "for dummies" was useful, but it still leaves a few things not covered, such as the floating turret icon and what it means, based on your comments that you will get artied if you enter a zone before the previous one has been captured. Although you can move sideways to another zone unharmed!






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users