Jump to content


Just can not up my game.


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Lee3452 #1 Posted 13 March 2020 - 04:42 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17434 battles
  • 485
  • Member since:
    07-16-2011

I am struggling in this game. I just don't seem to be able to grasp the mechanics. I have watched the videos in order to try and learn but don't seem to be able to put them in to practice. My biggest problems

1) It seems as though I am always 1/2 second behind. Example Quite often when I come face to face with an enemy tank I fire and see the flash from my gun but nothing is recorded on the enemy tank even in the replay which just shows me being killed. Although in game it shows me firing.

2) I can be more or less aimed at a spot and the enemy comes around the corner. I shift aim slightly and before I have let the aiming circle set they have fired hit me and almost moved back into cover.

3) A large % of my shots are critical hits.

4) When trying to aim at a enemy who is moving slightly it seems that my aiming circle moves past where I want to aim and when I try to rectify this it moves past in the opposite direction. I have the sensitivity set low but this does not seem to make a difference. Its as though I have lag but my fps is around 50 fps except at the very start of all games when it takes about 5 seconds to get there from around 12fps. I have good internet connection so its not that.

5)Reading terrain. When I think I am below enemies depression they still seem to be able to hit me. When my tracks are below the ridge line and I am still tracked. I look at replays and the shots still seem to defy the actual terrain. A example would bef acing a tank sat on the opposite reverse slope and I can't see his barrel which means the aim point on the mantle must be even lower but they are still able to hit me. Nearly all of these shots leave no witness mark when viewed in replays.

6) Viewing I was sat covering a choke point on frontlines which was a narrow gorge. No chance of being spotted by any thing else. When I was hit by a ISU 152. I was stationary for at least 30 seconds and he must have been moving to get into a firing position. So why did I not see him and he still remained hidden after he had fired. There where no bushes or trees just a grass lined gorge. I know that because I drove through it to get to my position. It was on Normandy map FL's.

I am playing this game on a 2008 imac. All my settings are on low/minimum and I have no mods.

S0 in essence should I just accept I have the skills of a brick and the reactions of a sloth.


 


Edited by Lee3452, 13 March 2020 - 04:46 PM.


Long_Range_Sniper #2 Posted 13 March 2020 - 04:46 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 39914 battles
  • 11,241
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View PostLee3452, on 13 March 2020 - 03:42 PM, said:

I am playing this game on a 2008 imac. All my settings are on low/minimum and I have no mods.

 

What FPS are you getting?

 


Homer_J #3 Posted 13 March 2020 - 04:52 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33644 battles
  • 37,589
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

1. Post up some replays - upload them to wotreplays.eu - so we can have a proper look.

 

2. FL has spotter planes which make camo and spotting mechanics redundant.



wsatnutter #4 Posted 13 March 2020 - 05:09 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 26990 battles
  • 9,842
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

tbh stay out of frontline for a moment

get yourself into the forumites channel in garage the password is

 

play4fun

there you can toon up and have highs and lows with others forumites

 Frontline I would leave well alone for now



Lee3452 #5 Posted 13 March 2020 - 05:18 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17434 battles
  • 485
  • Member since:
    07-16-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 13 March 2020 - 03:52 PM, said:

1. Post up some replays - upload them to wotreplays.eu - so we can have a proper look.

 

2. FL has spotter planes which make camo and spotting mechanics redundant.

Just had the same thing happen. Luckily I was just able to test it again I was watching a T44 advance towards me when he suddenly disappeared only to shoot me and still not be seen by me. He was moving when I lost sight and seconds later he fired hitting me. I was in Pantera and hadn't moved.


 

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 13 March 2020 - 03:46 PM, said:

 

What FPS are you getting?

50fps with about 20 - 30ms

 

 

16:21 Added after 2 minute

View Postwsatnutter, on 13 March 2020 - 04:09 PM, said:

tbh stay out of frontline for a moment

get yourself into the forumites channel in garage the password is

 

play4fun

there you can toon up and have highs and lows with others forumites

 Frontline I would leave well alone for now

Although Fl's is as frustrating as hell I am earning quite good credits from it.


Edited by Lee3452, 13 March 2020 - 05:19 PM.


Long_Range_Sniper #6 Posted 13 March 2020 - 05:49 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 39914 battles
  • 11,241
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View PostLee3452, on 13 March 2020 - 04:18 PM, said:

50fps with about 20 - 30ms

 

That should be playable, but you're probably up against most people getting 60+ and many over 100+

 

When FL started it also had a reputation for being very resource heavy on players' equipment. All those tanks to track, terrain to draw etc etc.

 

My guess is it's the fact you're using such an old system, and one that was only ever adapted for WoT.


Edited by Long_Range_Sniper, 13 March 2020 - 05:49 PM.


Gruff_ #7 Posted 13 March 2020 - 06:02 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24725 battles
  • 1,906
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011
I have an old pc system and in FL it's like driving through treacle, my actions are slowed more than in randoms/skirmishes.  As suggested post some replays of regular games it might be useful.  Tweakign thing about in the general settings can help with your aim a bit eg enabling server reticule, lowering graphics settings

NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 13 March 2020 - 06:45 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 36325 battles
  • 5,619
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
If you're making good credits then continue with FL if you want. It's good practice if nothing else.

Lee3452 #9 Posted 13 March 2020 - 06:57 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17434 battles
  • 485
  • Member since:
    07-16-2011
I  did wonder how much your pc makes a difference especially with a gaming keyboard. I don't know anything about these sort of things. Other than you can program the colours for the keys. 

Edited by Lee3452, 13 March 2020 - 06:58 PM.


Long_Range_Sniper #10 Posted 13 March 2020 - 08:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 39914 battles
  • 11,241
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View PostLee3452, on 13 March 2020 - 05:57 PM, said:

I  did wonder how much your pc makes a difference especially with a gaming keyboard. I don't know anything about these sort of things. Other than you can program the colours for the keys. 

 

The computer can make a lot of difference, especially the graphics card.

 

https://wotencore.net/en-eu/

 

Unfortunately I don't know whether there's a Mac test

 

Many years ago I played on a laptop and then noticed a real difference when I moved to a basic PC. Then just spending a little (<£100) on a slightly better graphics card made a big difference again.



Private_Miros #11 Posted 13 March 2020 - 08:26 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27111 battles
  • 10,511
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostLee3452, on 13 March 2020 - 05:57 PM, said:

I  did wonder how much your pc makes a difference especially with a gaming keyboard. I don't know anything about these sort of things. Other than you can program the colours for the keys. 

 

WoT can run smoothly win old computers. It only has an impact on performance when you start stuttering basically.

 

Gaming keyboards and mice I never understood. I game a lot (I don't watch series/TV for example, this is my spare time after work and next to friends and other hobbies), and I invest a lot every 4/5 years in a new rig. But my keyboard and mouse have always been as standard as ergonomically responsible. So, basically 50-60 EUR combined.



splash_time #12 Posted 13 March 2020 - 08:35 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15611 battles
  • 1,455
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

You can upload your replays here mate.

Not sure if an old pc can do that, but I do know that FL slows down your pc responding speed. I had an old graphic card back in 2019, when FL first came, first episode, my fps was going from 60 fps down to 35! My pc was becoming buggy in some moments. 

But I bought GTX 970, and now I can see the responding speed difference! It was unbelievab! (My current fps in FL is 250-280)  :D

 

Anyway, post your replays to see what issues you have. 

 

Gl sir! :)


Edited by splash_time, 13 March 2020 - 08:39 PM.


Lee3452 #13 Posted 13 March 2020 - 08:51 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17434 battles
  • 485
  • Member since:
    07-16-2011

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 13 March 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

 

The computer can make a lot of difference, especially the graphics card.

 

https://wotencore.net/en-eu/

 

Unfortunately I don't know whether there's a Mac test

 

Many years ago I played on a laptop and then noticed a real difference when I moved to a basic PC. Then just spending a little (<£100) on a slightly better graphics card made a big difference again.

Did a recent test where they rated your pc and the top grade was UFO. Mine came back as tree trunk :( 

I did notice on some replays it has 2 sets of Fps side by side.

Will try and upload some of the instances I have listed.

19:58 Added after 6 minute

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 13 March 2020 - 07:26 PM, said:

 

WoT can run smoothly win old computers. It only has an impact on performance when you start stuttering basically.

 

Gaming keyboards and mice I never understood. I game a lot (I don't watch series/TV for example, this is my spare time after work and next to friends and other hobbies), and I invest a lot every 4/5 years in a new rig. But my keyboard and mouse have always been as standard as ergonomically responsible. So, basically 50-60 EUR combined.

I don,t know if it's stuttering but sometimes it feels like my mouse is stuck to the pad as I can't do minute movements. Where I press harder to get movement.



burbage1 #14 Posted 13 March 2020 - 11:56 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1465 battles
  • 194
  • Member since:
    09-09-2017

You have no mods. Many other players use legal mods that give them advantages over you.

 

 



jack_timber #15 Posted 14 March 2020 - 12:52 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 43565 battles
  • 3,695
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

View Postburbage1, on 13 March 2020 - 10:56 PM, said:

You have no mods. Many other players use legal mods that give them advantages over you.

 

 

 

Pray tell us all how a 'legal' mod can give you an advantage, I am curious....

 



burbage1 #16 Posted 14 March 2020 - 01:11 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1465 battles
  • 194
  • Member since:
    09-09-2017

View Postjack_timber, on 14 March 2020 - 12:52 AM, said:

 

Pray tell us all how a 'legal' mod can give you an advantage, I am curious....

 

Zoom out is legal I believe. And that's just one.



Private_Miros #17 Posted 14 March 2020 - 01:33 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27111 battles
  • 10,511
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View Postburbage1, on 14 March 2020 - 12:11 AM, said:

Zoom out is legal I believe. And that's just one.

 

What's the advantage?

 

Because I've never found one.



burbage1 #18 Posted 14 March 2020 - 01:37 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1465 battles
  • 194
  • Member since:
    09-09-2017

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 14 March 2020 - 01:33 AM, said:

 

What's the advantage?

 

Because I've never found one.

Well I won't enlighten you then, in case we ever meet on the field of battle. I don't use mods. Rule 1. Don't get seen. Rule 2 Don't get hit.



Private_Miros #19 Posted 14 March 2020 - 01:43 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27111 battles
  • 10,511
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View Postburbage1, on 14 March 2020 - 12:37 AM, said:

Well I won't enlighten you then, in case we ever meet on the field of battle. I don't use mods. Rule 1. Don't get seen. Rule 2 Don't get hit.

 

Well mods ain't helping anyone with seeing or hitting, nor with remaining hidden or unhit.



burbage1 #20 Posted 14 March 2020 - 01:44 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1465 battles
  • 194
  • Member since:
    09-09-2017

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 14 March 2020 - 01:43 AM, said:

 

Well mods ain't helping anyone with seeing or hitting, nor with remaining hidden or unhit.

True that, which is why it is a premium tactic.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users