Jump to content


Why does the Tiger 1 look like a junk heap?


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Corpsetaker #1 Posted 13 March 2020 - 11:56 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1008 battles
  • 6
  • [-A-X-] -A-X-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2016
Why can't we have a complete Tiger 1 tank with battle damage as a certain type of camo? I hate the way it's missing parts. 

burbage1 #2 Posted 13 March 2020 - 11:57 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1465 battles
  • 194
  • Member since:
    09-09-2017
Russian game

Balc0ra #3 Posted 13 March 2020 - 11:58 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 76437 battles
  • 22,432
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postburbage1, on 13 March 2020 - 11:57 PM, said:

Russian game

 

Belarusian actually. And did you not leave?



burbage1 #4 Posted 14 March 2020 - 12:04 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1465 battles
  • 194
  • Member since:
    09-09-2017

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 March 2020 - 11:58 PM, said:

 

Belarusian actually. And did you not leave?

When did I leave?

 



BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 14 March 2020 - 12:06 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25013 battles
  • 12,980
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View Postburbage1, on 13 March 2020 - 11:04 PM, said:

When did I leave?

 

When you rerolled for shame.



burbage1 #6 Posted 14 March 2020 - 12:22 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1465 battles
  • 194
  • Member since:
    09-09-2017

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 14 March 2020 - 12:06 AM, said:

When you rerolled for shame.

Sadly, no. Couldn't transfer from previous server. Had to start afresh. Less enthusiasm of course, having been stiffed out of all I had invested. Once bitten...



BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 14 March 2020 - 12:30 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25013 battles
  • 12,980
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View Postburbage1, on 13 March 2020 - 11:22 PM, said:

Sadly, no. Couldn't transfer from previous server. Had to start afresh. Less enthusiasm of course, having been stiffed out of all I had invested. Once bitten...

Of course.......but enough enthusiasm to start another account.....pull the other one.:rolleyes:



Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 14 March 2020 - 12:38 AM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 19208 battles
  • 27,432
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013
I mean, it's not just the Tiger I That looks like this? Have you seen just how many tanks have missing mudguards, tons of stowed tracks, canvas, tools and such. It's certainly quite weird when you see them and then compare that to some tanks that look clean and quite barren. Funnily enough though, I did remodel the "new" (at the time) Tiger I HD Model ages back to look more akin to look closer to it's glorified SD Version (sorry, it's original "HD" Model), but then I stopped actively remodelling. :teethhappy:

burbage1 #9 Posted 14 March 2020 - 12:40 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1465 battles
  • 194
  • Member since:
    09-09-2017

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 14 March 2020 - 12:30 AM, said:

Of course.......but enough enthusiasm to start another account.....pull the other one.:rolleyes:

You are entitled to your prejudices, of course.



Jin91 #10 Posted 14 March 2020 - 12:51 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2959 battles
  • 297
  • Member since:
    12-29-2018
Wish tanks get visible damage when they get damaged. Like broken mudguards and other parts falling out. More work for WG but they have unlimited bank account.

NekoPuffer_PPP #11 Posted 14 March 2020 - 12:51 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 36048 battles
  • 4,731
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

Why did this thread turn from a question about the Tiger I's model to a discussion about some burbage fellow?

 

Pansy's right, most tanks have missing bits, shell impact marks/scratches, and the Kranvagn still has an entire shell stuck on the edge of its turret. So, they're made to look like they're in a war, being used, and not in a museum collecting dust...



Desyatnik_Pansy #12 Posted 14 March 2020 - 12:59 AM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 19208 battles
  • 27,432
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostJin91, on 13 March 2020 - 11:51 PM, said:

Wish tanks get visible damage when they get damaged. Like broken mudguards and other parts falling out. More work for WG but they have unlimited bank account.

 

IIRC This was planned somewhat and I want to say it was kinda shown with the new engine back when 1.0 First launched. 



BravelyRanAway #13 Posted 14 March 2020 - 01:35 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25013 battles
  • 12,980
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View Postburbage1, on 13 March 2020 - 11:40 PM, said:

You are entitled to your prejudices, of course.

And you yours........which is negated by your reroll WR.:)



burbage1 #14 Posted 14 March 2020 - 01:42 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1465 battles
  • 194
  • Member since:
    09-09-2017

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 14 March 2020 - 01:35 AM, said:

And you yours........which is negated by your reroll WR.:)

Really bugs you, doesn't it. Would you feel any better if I let you know I only play after a few drinks these days too?

 

But we digress. OP it's not about me. The Tiger is crap because this game is made by people who suffered from invasion by the Germans in WWII, and that's not easy to forget.



BravelyRanAway #15 Posted 14 March 2020 - 01:49 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25013 battles
  • 12,980
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View Postburbage1, on 14 March 2020 - 12:42 AM, said:

Really bugs you, doesn't it. Would you feel any better if I let you know I only play after a few drinks these days too?

Not at all...check my WR in the tiger.......I've just finished two whole bottles of wine, a Pinotage and a Cabernet Sauvignon and have moved on to some Bud and yet made 3 million credits this evening on FL so far. The days not over yet!.....hic!


Edited by BravelyRanAway, 14 March 2020 - 01:49 AM.


Desyatnik_Pansy #16 Posted 14 March 2020 - 01:57 AM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 19208 battles
  • 27,432
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View Postburbage1, on 14 March 2020 - 12:42 AM, said:

But we digress. OP it's not about me. The Tiger is crap because this game is made by people who suffered from invasion by the Germans in WWII, and that's not easy to forget.

 

I am fairly certain the OP Was really talking about the Tiger itself being bad, more he just didn't like the appearance of the updated HD Model. Honestly the Tiger I Is an absolutely solid Tier VII Heavy and has IMO, fit better into the current game than the IS Or KV-3. 



burbage1 #17 Posted 14 March 2020 - 01:59 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1465 battles
  • 194
  • Member since:
    09-09-2017

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 14 March 2020 - 01:57 AM, said:

 

I am fairly certain the OP Was really talking about the Tiger itself being bad, more he just didn't like the appearance of the updated HD Model. Honestly the Tiger I Is an absolutely solid Tier VII Heavy and has IMO, fit better into the current game than the IS Or KV-3. 

Might be the case. All I ever see is red outlines.



1ucky #18 Posted 14 March 2020 - 02:04 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 91768 battles
  • 1,935
  • [THRIL] THRIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

"Junk heap"??

Come on man, it's a charming looking tank.

Certainly one of the better looking ones... ...in my opinion. :P

#MatterOfTaste



Desyatnik_Pansy #19 Posted 14 March 2020 - 02:10 AM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 19208 battles
  • 27,432
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View Post1ucky, on 14 March 2020 - 01:04 AM, said:

"Junk heap"??

Come on man, it's a charming looking tank.

Certainly one of the better looking ones... ...in my opinion. :P

#MatterOfTaste

 

Honestly my only major complaint is the bloody log. I went and found my old remodel thread for it and grabbed some of the pictures, and I much prefer the cleaner look. I'm lucky I don't own the tank though nor plan on buying it back ever, since if I did I'd probably try and make someone redo it for me :teethhappy::

Spoiler

 


Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 14 March 2020 - 02:10 AM.


BravelyRanAway #20 Posted 14 March 2020 - 02:13 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25013 battles
  • 12,980
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 14 March 2020 - 01:10 AM, said:

 

Honestly my only major complaint is the bloody log. I went and found my old remodel thread for it and grabbed some of the pictures, and I much prefer the cleaner look. I'm lucky I don't own the tank though nor plan on buying it back ever, since if I did I'd probably try and make someone redo it for me :teethhappy::

Spoiler

 

Looks don't matter to a beast. ;)






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users