Some concerns.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Niamota #1 Posted 14 March 2020 - 11:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2508 battles
  • [420DP] 420DP

If your high skilled, move on, this wont affect you.

If med/low end, read on.

So everything now is about being top 10 in a battle, or better. Even the new daily missions, can be quite tough for new or just average and below players.

So what exactly is gonna keep us bad players here? Well nothing that's what. If you aren't very good at this game, or just new, it is punishingly hard to play. It becomes so mentally taxing to just play, even more so when you realize that those above are exponentially getting rewards/skills and perks faster than you, so no chance EVER to catch up or complete.

I would of thought that I am the perfect player for WG to attract, I play quite a lot, but I work, so can't play all the time, but of course work = disposable income, money I was happy to spend on tanks and premium play. Note. WAS, I just cannot justify it any longer. I'm bad, I get this, but with the game seemingly punching me in the face constantly, and getting no real benefit for playing, why should I continue to play?

Oh and med skills, wondering why I said to stay, because when all the noobs and bad players leave, your the new low end, so welcome to the pit.

Lastly, so why do premium players have to pay extra for the battle pass upgrade? It's hardly Premium now is it?

Private_Miros #2 Posted 14 March 2020 - 11:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27111 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

Improve?

It's shooting pixel tanks, not rocket science.

And yes, there need to be bad players as well for there to be good players, but if you reached the forums, you're already in the top percentages.

That aside, WoT works because everyone will have good and bad games, your skill just determines the frequency. So even a bad player will be in the top ten regularly. And if you want to be in there more, well, be less bad. Look at the mistakes you make and learn from them. I find that a great incentive to learn.

Premium players don't have to pay anything extra, but they can buy improved rewards in addition to the standard rewards.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 14 March 2020 - 11:44 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36325 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
It's incentive to try and do better. Since when did encouraging you to do your best become a bad thing? 

MeetriX #4 Posted 14 March 2020 - 11:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25628 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostNiamota, on 14 March 2020 - 11:26 PM, said:

If med/low end, read on.

So everything now is about being top 10 in a battle, or better. Even the new daily missions, can be quite tough for new or just average and below players.

So what exactly is gonna keep us bad players here? Well nothing that's what. If you aren't very good at this game, or just new, it is punishingly hard to play. It becomes so mentally taxing to just play, even more so when you realize that those above are exponentially getting rewards/skills and perks faster than you, so no chance EVER to catch up or complete.

I would of thought that I am the perfect player for WG to attract, I play quite a lot, but I work, so can't play all the time, but of course work = disposable income, money I was happy to spend on tanks and premium play. Note. WAS, I just cannot justify it any longer. I'm bad, I get this, but with the game seemingly punching me in the face constantly, and getting no real benefit for playing, why should I continue to play?

Oh and med skills, wondering why I said to stay, because when all the noobs and bad players leave, your the new low end, so welcome to the pit.

Lastly, so why do premium players have to pay extra for the battle pass upgrade? It's hardly Premium now is it?

Is that somehow different than any other online games?

Robbie_T #5 Posted 14 March 2020 - 11:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21979 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

IF you struggle to get in the top 10 i dont know what you doing especially nowadays .

Spurtung #6 Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78602 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

"They want to force me to be better and that's unfair."

Wow.

jack_timber #7 Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:23 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43565 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Mentally taxing, you say....

I play to relax.

BravelyRanAway #8 Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24971 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
Top 10 is a problem?.......yikes!....ya poor thing ya! :rolleyes:

PerplaX #9 Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:04 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 12979 battles
the bottom 5 is usually all 0 dmg nowadays so just pen 1 shot and u are fine lol

BravelyRanAway #10 Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24971 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostPerplaX, on 15 March 2020 - 12:04 AM, said:

the bottom 5 is usually all 0 dmg nowadays so just pen 1 shot and u are fine lol

Laugh if you will, but conscientious objectors are at a disadvantage.:P

Gruff_ #11 Posted 15 March 2020 - 02:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24725 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNiamota, on 14 March 2020 - 10:26 PM, said:

If med/low end, read on.

Find a tier and tank you can consitantly make top 10 in and build yourself up from there.  If you are unable to make any top 10's during your game session then you need to invest some time, reading & watching guides.  The best players still loose 1/3 of their matches.

Spurtung #12 Posted 15 March 2020 - 03:06 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78602 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostNiamota, on 14 March 2020 - 10:26 PM, said:

Counterpoint:

Invite worse players than you to the game to get out of the pit.

DaniulSims #13 Posted 15 March 2020 - 04:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11228 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K

The entitlement in this post is so very tangible.

"I will only give WG money if they let me be bad and get rewarded for it"

frange #14 Posted 15 March 2020 - 06:00 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32495 battles
  • [FRNR] FRNR

When playing missions it is usually the best thing to play in the lowest tier possible, if playing like tier V with a derp gun (M4 with 105mm, Pz IV with 10,5cm, and so on) all you have to do is like puttning in 2 shots on enemies and youre done.

It might come of as a surprise - but when playing higher tiers you actually have to perform to get those juicy XPs and cannot just sit in the corner the entire match and wait for your team to win the match for you - maybe you even have to dab that precious 2 key to make use of your self against the evil enemies. 

Edited by frange, 15 March 2020 - 06:05 AM.

StronkiTonki #15 Posted 15 March 2020 - 06:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35276 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

People ACTUALLY have trouble being top 10?

I'm sorry, but even for an average or below average player is should be pretty easy to be top 10.

I'm not saying that everyone should get "super skilled" at this game or anything.

But getting top 10 should be more than doable for anyone.

In most cases the 5 or so bottom players literally do 0-1 shot of damage.

Please for the love of god just start using your brain or something if you're genuinely having trouble getting in the top 10.

If not, consider playing something else. This is clearly not a game for you.

aszen1 #16 Posted 15 March 2020 - 08:05 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7016 battles
  • [SFIRO] SFIRO

I been playing wot for years and was away from the game for 2 years. I was a bad player I know but had some fun. 

I been away from the game for 2 years and started again to play last christmas event. Over the last months I am improving nice. Stats are getting better not by big steps but I know Im getting better. I wont be a top player but even now I am over 90 % in the top 10 even a lot of games I am top 5 and occasional also getting top player. So yes its not hard to ghet top 10 and just look what other players are doing.

splash_time #17 Posted 15 March 2020 - 08:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15611 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Spoiler

Why you say this? So you mean that all the good players a.k.a unicomes were good from first moment they played WoT? 

And if you're performing badly, then try to understand "why am I performing like this?" And done, you stepped the first step towards improving.... always ask yourself, what was your mistake, and look for a better angel/position after losing your tank. And you still have way to go mate! You played only 2k games. :D

You still a new player, and it's the best time for you to learn, because you still like to play WoT at some point. :) 

Invest some time, watch streamers (I recommend Skill4ltu because he explains very well) or watch replays from wotreplays.eu.

Gl on battlefield. :)

Edited by splash_time, 15 March 2020 - 08:20 AM.

aszen1 #18 Posted 15 March 2020 - 09:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7016 battles
  • [SFIRO] SFIRO
And just another tip when for example you drive a heavy tank follow other heavys and watch where and how they play on the map. Also for mediums lights etc.

the_nebuchadnezzar #19 Posted 15 March 2020 - 09:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 56343 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
OP is right. It`s not easy to finish in top 10. You need to press W key, maybe some A and D also, then press Shift, wait some few seconds to aim and, on top of that, fire the gun! Not to mention you are required to look at that mini map from time to time, angle your tank, use covers... pfff... who could do all this? WG is asking too much from us.... :ohmy: 

Vtsuk #20 Posted 15 March 2020 - 09:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13473 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA
Play arty and you will never be bottom tier again!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users