WGL

WGL competitive

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: WGL (25 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should Wargaming bring back WGL

1. Yes (16 votes [59.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 59.26%

2. No (11 votes [40.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.74%

Vote Hide poll

T54_defender #1 Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:33 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14160 battles
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE

Pleas bring WGL back, thanks.

Cheers

Immensive #2 Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 50599 battles
  • [T1LT] T1LT
Removed some posts for insulting. Stay respectful.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77296 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

It died out because not many did care about it. Streams had almost no views, and it did not get much hype here. It was frankly not very interesting to watch.

If they made some changes to get people hyped again, who knows. But still, running the old way? Is there then a point?

wEight_Tanker #4 Posted 15 March 2020 - 02:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13045 battles
  • [D_L_Z] D_L_Z

The first and last one I "watched" is because I was practically invited by an in-game notification about the stream where you get to win a prize (It was the CDC). I thought it would be nice to check out, who doesn't like free stuph?

Literally, everyone in chat spammed about a reward, no one really commented anything about the actual event going on between clans, no one really cared lmao. Turns out it was a fraud, I didn't know WG's real WG motive back then :P. Some say there was no price in the end, some say only one guy has won the CDC, I never really bother wasting time on streams that offer rewards unless I go there for the actual content.

Spurtung #5 Posted 15 March 2020 - 02:29 AM

General

• Player
  • 80787 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 March 2020 - 12:45 AM, said:

It died out because not many did care about it. Streams had almost no views, and it did not get much hype here. It was frankly not very interesting to watch.

If they made some changes to get people hyped again, who knows. But still, running the old way? Is there then a point?

It died because it featured how broken WoT was in that given time.

One year you had Maus with godly DPM, another boosts in maps, and so on.

It was the best place to watch the best players but it succumbed to WG's old resolve about not wanting e-sports, possibly due to the aforementioned.

However, when they cancelled WGL it was under the premise they create a suitable replacement, but meanwhile years went by and some of the best players this game once had are gone to never return, which, considering how bad the prizes were in comparison to other titles (while having WoT as one of the games making more money), is very understandable: if you're in it to play professionally, you don't want to do and learn what it takes to then not have a proper return.

If the game was balanced, you'd see an IS-4 and a Sheridan just as often as you see a Super Conqueror and an EBR 105, because it would be due to personal preference and not which is outright better. There's not even a need to mention reward and special tanks to do this comparison.

Take LOL, for example. To me that's a cartoon and I'd never play it, but check how balanced it is and how many prizes are given in tournaments and you'll quickly realize what explains the overwhelming difference in how many players each of these games have can be easily explained with how willing a company is to invest back into its product vs. how much more quality of service skimming and ripping off they rather do to their playerbase.

Warzey #6 Posted 15 March 2020 - 03:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 61562 battles
  • [GO0FY] GO0FY

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 March 2020 - 12:45 AM, said:

Not only was it not interesting to watch, but also it was like playing a completely different game. I mean it was like assault but defenders have 2 caps to defend, on top of that it was very inaccessible for average player. 

In every other ESL game you can simply hop into ranked game mode to play the same thing as pros. In WoT on the other hand, you had to make custom games, then there were team battles and back to custom games because WG never updated team battles to T10.

ZlatanArKung #7 Posted 15 March 2020 - 08:33 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View PostT54_defender, on 15 March 2020 - 01:33 AM, said:

Pleas bring WGL back, thanks.

Cheers

No reason to imo.

The problems currently are.

1: Tank balance, only a selected few will ever get used.

2: Map issues, current maps are to bad to generate some high level and interesting play.

3: The mode used have nothing in common with random battles played in WoT.

I'd these 3 things are sorted out, then it could make a comeback and possibly even take the game to new heights, but it will probably never happen, since WG is completely uninterested in competetive play.

splash_time #8 Posted 15 March 2020 - 08:37 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16489 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
What's WGL? (War Gaming League?)

mtnm #9 Posted 15 March 2020 - 09:39 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3957 battles

I can hear the commentators:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [- - - - -|- - - - -]

Nice shot!

Did he even try?!

Great game!

He chocked!

speedphlux #10 Posted 15 March 2020 - 10:07 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 51031 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
I was prolly one of the few that watched it with joy. It offered quite cool perspective on World of Tanks. Some players made quite the name for themselves out of it.

There were issues however. Maps balance, tanks balance, regions balance. But in general - I do love 7vs7 format of battles. Whatever the Tier limit was/is.

Also tagged with WGL, competitive

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users