Restore Current Tanks Available Missions Info In Menu + Add A Transfer Camo Option

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 15 March 2020 - 11:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32960 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Hi,

Just a request hopefully some devs or staff will read and pass on that I feel would be really beneficial to all players in the garage.

1. Current Tanks Available Missions Menu.

We used to have a very helpful garage feature in the missions menu a patch or two ago whereby we could select the missions tab and there was an option to see any available mission for the currently selected tank in our garage which was really very helpful. Sadly, for whatever the reason, this has been removed and now we must scroll through the entire missions available though most are an option to be completed by the current tank a player has selected with several ToTT sets of various missions, premium account missions, tank reward missions and whatever else may be featured that day which actually may not be applicable to the selected tank. Having that option to check the current tanks available missions was just so fast and convenient, restore it please.

2. Transfer Preset Camo To Current Tank.

I requested this before and unfortunately it feel on deaf ears so I'll try again. It would be really very convenient when a player is choosing preset camo's to simply be able to transfer the preferred camo to currently selected tank without having to first go sift through your tank collection, select the tank with the camo you want to use, remove it from that tank, go back and select the tank you want to apply it too and then apply it. To me that's just needlessly grindy and annoying. I can't see why an immediate camo transfer option to the currently selected tank isn't a feature, make it one please. 

Actually I have 2 more helpful request too actually.

Automatic Directive stop.

I think I also requested this feature too but it hasn't happened. Basically what I think would be very beneficial would be that our directives are stopped and notification given when we run out of them. Most players have a lot of directives and I feel a lot of players would actually use them a lot more if there was an automatic cut off in place when we run out of them. The problem now is, we can selected them per battle if we remember, most probably don't remember or really care to bother, forget about them. The only other option is to select an auto-resupply option which has the very dangerous feature of resupplying the directive even when they have run out which obviously eats into a players bonds which they most likely would never want so what happens is these directives are just ignored and build to very large unused stocks which is a shame. Obviously the likes of 6th sense and a few others might get carefully selected per battle by a player but it's just a shame that all the other ones are basically ignored and I feel it's for this lack of automatic stoppage feature once they run out should a player dare to select the auto-resupply option.

Clan Chat-Ban.

Lastly, and I requested this before too. If a player gets chat banned for getting salty during a few battles, please do not also apply this chat ban to clan chat too. The system seems to be very sensitive lately and even some fairly tame insults for when some teammate is griefing you which can and will happen, warrants a chat ban. Fine, I'll take that chat ban but why is it also applied to clan chat too? It's just removing the point of being in a clan if you can't communicate with your clan members, regardless of teamspeak options etc. Now, I won't get drawn into a "don't insult players then" or "just turn off battle chat" argument. We all flip our lid now and then and I'm not suggesting we shouldn't get a chat ban when we deserve one, I'm just suggesting not to apply it to clan chat. If a clan member is being a mouthy toxic jackass and causing problems within a clan I have no doubt that any self respecting and sensible clan will kick that idiot out and they do so... lets just apply the chat bans to the chat mode where the pegged insults occurred please.  

That's all I think. See what you can do WG, thanks. 

22:28 Added after 5 minute
...sorry just one more thing. I've notice that for some maps that the spawn location(i.e. which side of the map you will spawn on) is now no longer shown during the loading screen. I found that a really useful bit of info and I miss it a lot, no doubt other players do too. It might seem like no big deal and for sure it's not the end of the world but as an experienced player I liked this feature and it gave me a little more time to formulate what I was going to hopefully do and go during this upcoming battle with the current tank and tier I have. Not sure why this was removed from some maps(i.e. Cliffs) but I think a lot of players would like this battle loading feature restored. Thanks again. :) 

WojtekTheBear #2 Posted 16 March 2020 - 01:33 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29929 battles
As for camo, they profit from those so don't count on any convenience here. You want camo? You pay. That is a reasonable way of monetizing the game.

As for directive cut off - that is a good idea. That being said, there is a mod that does that. It's a part of the Aslain Mod Pack.

LethalWalou #3 Posted 16 March 2020 - 03:12 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34832 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 March 2020 - 10:22 PM, said:

Clan Chat-Ban.

It's a no-brainer, for them to not do what you ask for. It's a punishment. If you want to be able to use the clan chat, you simply have to abide by the rules. And no, we don't all get chat banned for going on an insulting spree or raging in the chat.

We previously had one person, could have been you as well, asking for the same thing about friend chat, that it shouldn't be disabled during a chat ban.

eldrak #4 Posted 16 March 2020 - 11:38 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53266 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W
It continues to amaze me that they still haven't managed to make a functional scroll bar in the missions tab.

mjs_89 #5 Posted 16 March 2020 - 12:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10204 battles
  • [95137] 95137

1) Rarely used that tab, but I can see why some would want it back. Wouldn't mind it returning.

2) Convenience = 2 sets of camo... I doubt WG would cut their profits, not by the tiniest amount.

3) I could see that feature, not only for directives but (premium) consumables too. Good idea.

4) Didn't even know chat-bans in clan chats are a thing. Sounds silly, pls remove.

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 16 March 2020 - 02:39 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32960 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Also it would be really nice to be able to demount improved equipment for credits or even gold, but not bonds.

200 bonds just to demount one piece is criminal, bods are just too rare a commodity even with bonds becoming more and more attainable recently. :hiding:

Edited by TungstenHitman, 16 March 2020 - 02:39 PM.

geoff99 #7 Posted 16 March 2020 - 02:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44945 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 March 2020 - 10:22 PM, said:

Clan Chat-Ban.

Lastly, and I requested this before too. If a player gets chat banned for getting salty during a few battles, please do not also apply this chat ban to clan chat too. The system seems to be very sensitive lately and even some fairly tame insults for when some teammate is griefing you which can and will happen, warrants a chat ban. Fine, I'll take that chat ban but why is it also applied to clan chat too? It's just removing the point of being in a clan if you can't communicate with your clan members, regardless of teamspeak options etc. Now, I won't get drawn into a "don't insult players then" or "just turn off battle chat" argument. We all flip our lid now and then and I'm not suggesting we shouldn't get a chat ban when we deserve one, I'm just suggesting not to apply it to clan chat. If a clan member is being a mouthy toxic jackass and causing problems within a clan I have no doubt that any self respecting and sensible clan will kick that idiot out and they do so... lets just apply the chat bans to the chat mode where the pegged insults occurred please.  

Yes I agree. Doesn't seem to make much sense.

View PostLethalWalou, on 16 March 2020 - 02:12 AM, said:

It's a no-brainer, for them to not do what you ask for. It's a punishment. If you want to be able to use the clan chat, you simply have to abide by the rules. And no, we don't all get chat banned for going on an insulting spree or raging in the chat.

We previously had one person, could have been you as well, asking for the same thing about friend chat, that it shouldn't be disabled during a chat ban.

Punishments should fit the crime and protect the victims. If someone is rude and offensive in game chat then banning them from game chat makes sense. Extending the ban to clan chat makes less sense. Its annoying but probably not going to change behaviour.

If you want to make an example of rude players, then do something exaggerated like a limited game ban or make their tanks only go in reverse for the next 5 games.

LethalWalou #8 Posted 16 March 2020 - 02:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34832 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostTungstenHitman, on 16 March 2020 - 01:39 PM, said:

200 bonds just to demount one piece is criminal, bods are just too rare a commodity even with bonds becoming more and more attainable recently. :hiding:

The bond price is there so that you can't just move it around to what ever you feel like playing that day. It's a special, rare piece of equipment that offers the best advantage you can get from that type of equipment, so of course there is a price blocking ''free'' movement of it.

14:01 Added after 6 minute

View Postgeoff99, on 16 March 2020 - 01:55 PM, said:

Punishments should fit the crime and protect the victims. If someone is rude and offensive in game chat then banning them from game chat makes sense. Extending the ban to clan chat makes less sense. Its annoying but probably not going to change behaviour.

If you want to make an example of rude players, then do something exaggerated like a limited game ban or make their tanks only go in reverse for the next 5 games.

It's no punishment to lose game chat if you're then allowed to still chat with friends in clan chat. There needs to be a punishment and taking away all chat abilities is that. OP should learn to behave like a normal human being in game chat, or disable it. It's not an argument to say that everyone does what he does, cause we simply don't.

Homer_J #9 Posted 16 March 2020 - 06:47 PM

Field Marshal

• 33644 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Off topic posts have been removed.

Please stick to the subject, no need to discuss the funny haired creatures.

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 16 March 2020 - 11:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32960 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostLethalWalou, on 16 March 2020 - 01:55 PM, said:

OP should learn to behave like a normal human being in game chat, or disable it.

I think you'll find reacting negatively to someone being an a-hole is very normal. Oh and... don't confuse normal with civil or politically correct. ;)

Turn off battle chat? Sure. No loss anyway, just some noob telling me how I'm reported and need to learn to play etc, you know, the guy that died early, generally does zero damage to match his brain cell count and has a low 40 win rate. 

LethalWalou #11 Posted 17 March 2020 - 02:05 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34832 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostTungstenHitman, on 16 March 2020 - 10:44 PM, said:

I think you'll find reacting negatively to someone being an a-hole is very normal. Oh and... don't confuse normal with civil or politically correct. ;)

Turn off battle chat? Sure. No loss anyway, just some noob telling me how I'm reported and need to learn to play etc, you know, the guy that died early, generally does zero damage to match his brain cell count and has a low 40 win rate. 

If that is your impression of the chat and you use it to tell them off, then it clearly is better to turn it off. I really don't see the problem in it for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users