Jump to content


Im so close to quitting this game


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

Krempli #1 Posted 17 March 2020 - 05:52 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8238 battles
  • 12
  • [KOBR4] KOBR4
  • Member since:
    09-12-2013

So I've played like 6-7k battles on this game and its starting to boggle my mind how disgusting and bad this company is.. How they aren't fixing anything with the game for such a long time.
Meta is changing, maps still stay the same, artys stay the same as well. I've just had arty hit a tank next to me and kill my driver.. Like what? 

I was sitting on the left side of the wall, arty hit the right side of it, dealt full damage to me and killed two of my crew members, that really shows how this game has no mechanics and is just rng.

The coding is bad, tank balance is bad, map balance is disgustingly bad, matchmaking is the worst..
I still don't get it how this company fails to understand that sometimes you can't carry a 15v15 game, that its a coinflip, especially frontline. This frontline only shows how people in this company are not thinking about giving us the best experience but just pushing out content for players who are being milked not to get bored. How don't they understand that winning and losing in frontline let alone random battles should have the same gain no matter if you lose or win. Don't you just hate it when you play a t8 premium, lose with 3-4k damage get like 100k, queue up for next game, win with 1.5k damage and get 100k again? Isn't that just [edited]? Shouldn't the players be rewarded only on their performance? Why is this game so painful with the 3-5-7 matchmaking.. I remember when wargaming added new templates, it was better for a month then everything went back to being the same, especially if you're in a platoon you can never get top tier. I get top tier once in 50 games, is that really okay wargaming? Is it really okay to put a mutz with 212 pen, 250 dmg and 7 secs reload against a t95 chieftain with full bonds equipment and all gold? Is that really fair? It's really impossible for a free to play player to have even near 50% winrate in random battles.. It's really unfair towards newer players and towards players who haven't invested at least 50e into the game monthly... How can this company not realize after all these years that this is not the proper way to monetize the game. It was the proper way 10 years ago but not now, games are evolving, players are evolving and becoming better, everything is changing and wargaming is doing the same thing over and over again.. Activate frontline back again and then put good tier 8 premiums in the shop for 30-40e each.. It's sad, and im so mad because I really want to enjoy this game and I really like it but wargaming is just destroying it more and more.. Nothing good comes out of it. They even removed rewards for merit and gave us daily missions. Merit could sometimes give us useful things, binos, prem days, nice fragments and so on. This now is worse than merit, we can't even have one nice thing for free, they're making us players so frustrated that you just have to grab your wallet in order to enjoy the game.. It's so damn sad. I've played this game since 2011 with big breaks and every time i came back to it I never heard anything good about it.

TL:DR Game is evolving, same problems stay the same, unfixed, ignored and all we get is more premium tanks and content that is just pushed out to milk the players.



Anna_Kalashnikova #2 Posted 17 March 2020 - 05:56 PM

    General

  • Moderator
  • 16924 battles
  • 8,532
  • [ST0RM] ST0RM
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011

View PostKrempli, on 17 March 2020 - 05:52 PM, said:

So I've played like 6-7k battles on this game .

Battle counter says 7.972. Just for the record.



Yakito #3 Posted 17 March 2020 - 06:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20583 battles
  • 1,454
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011
Long post, some valid points. Tldr for me though.
Some things will stay bad.
Just remember, it's not a crime or sign of defeat if you stop playing for a few months or forever. I do it all the time. Usually because I'm busy and I don't like the grind.
It's normal. Take a break.

Tazoslo #4 Posted 17 March 2020 - 06:04 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8549 battles
  • 35
  • Member since:
    06-05-2013
And remember, to use the "enter" key is way cheaper than running food on your tank :great:

WingedArchon #5 Posted 17 March 2020 - 06:13 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11272 battles
  • 46
  • Member since:
    10-31-2014

Well, Since this game is basically one giant coinflip... I can't hep but see much I can agree with.
Yesterday and today I've played some random again... seeing as how there's nothing else to do for the moment. And the amount of RNG-luck combined with damn trolling mechanics is making me want to throw my computer to the floor.
Games end with 12 to zip. even if you're top tier, somehow your teammates manage to achieve nothing.
Again! Wheelies are a blight to this game its glowing like a radioactive rod. and the constant added tanks are just rehashes of the same damn problem.

seriously, even running an IS-7 in a tier 4 game would get you lose the match if the dice hate you... and those dice have a bad freaking temper as far as my experince shows from last 2 days...
I seriously can't play this game anymore for 1 hour pe day before I want to destroy something....

 



Private_Miros #6 Posted 17 March 2020 - 06:21 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 26996 battles
  • 10,499
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostKrempli, on 17 March 2020 - 04:52 PM, said:

1. So I've played like 6-7k battles on this game

 

2. and its starting to boggle my mind how disgusting and bad this company is.. How they aren't fixing anything with the game for such a long time.
Meta is changing, maps still stay the same, artys stay the same as well. I've just had arty hit a tank next to me and kill my driver.. Like what? 

I was sitting on the left side of the wall, arty hit the right side of it, dealt full damage to me and killed two of my crew members, that really shows how this game has no mechanics and is just rng.

The coding is bad, tank balance is bad, map balance is disgustingly bad, matchmaking is the worst..


3. I still don't get it how this company fails to understand that sometimes you can't carry a 15v15 game, that its a coinflip

 

4. , especially frontline. This frontline only shows how people in this company are not thinking about giving us the best experience but just pushing out content for players who are being milked not to get bored. How don't they understand that winning and losing in frontline let alone random battles should have the same gain no matter if you lose or win.

 

5. Don't you just hate it when you play a t8 premium, lose with 3-4k damage get like 100k, queue up for next game, win with 1.5k damage and get 100k again? Isn't that just [edited]? Shouldn't the players be rewarded only on their performance?

 

6. Why is this game so painful with the 3-5-7 matchmaking.. I remember when wargaming added new templates, it was better for a month then everything went back to being the same, especially if you're in a platoon you can never get top tier. I get top tier once in 50 games, is that really okay wargaming?

 

7. Is it really okay to put a mutz with 212 pen, 250 dmg and 7 secs reload against a t95 chieftain with full bonds equipment and all gold? Is that really fair?

 

8. It's really impossible for a free to play player to have even near 50% winrate in random battles..

 

9. It's really unfair towards newer players and towards players who haven't invested at least 50e into the game monthly... How can this company not realize after all these years that this is not the proper way to monetize the game.

 

10. It was the proper way 10 years ago

 

11. but not now, games are evolving, players are evolving and becoming better, everything is changing and wargaming is doing the same thing over and over again..

 

12. Activate frontline back again and then put good tier 8 premiums in the shop for 30-40e each.. It's sad, and im so mad because I really want to enjoy this game and I really like it but wargaming is just destroying it more and more.. Nothing good comes out of it.

 

13. They even removed rewards for merit and gave us daily missions. Merit could sometimes give us useful things, binos, prem days, nice fragments and so on. This now is worse than merit, we can't even have one nice thing for free, they're making us players so frustrated that you just have to grab your wallet in order to enjoy the game.. It's so damn sad. I've played this game since 2011 with big breaks and every time i came back to it I never heard anything good about it.

TL:DR Game is evolving, same problems stay the same, unfixed, ignored and all we get is more premium tanks and content that is just pushed out to milk the players.

 

1. you know you can check right?

 

2. Rant

 

3. They do, this means you need a lot of skill (or be really bad) not to win 49-50% of the time. It's the easiest cheapest way of making sure everybody wins about half the time.

 

4. Frontline is purely for credits and for the tokens if you're into getting one or two of the tanks.

 

5. Damage is credits. The lower damage game you earned as much, either you spotted a ton of damage or you got 50k from a completed daily mission.

 

6. No, you don't. You get top tier about a third of time. Count it (over a significant amount of battles - though 50 should be significant).

 

7. 212mm pen at tier 8 is quite alright.

 

8. yes, play better.

 

9. Rant.

 

10. Ok, go back fighting tier X heavies in your tier VI.

 

11. most people seem to complain players are getting worse.

 

12. Nobody forces you to play frontlines or buy tanks.

 

13. Rant.

 

 



leonzawodowiec15 #7 Posted 17 March 2020 - 06:22 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 485 battles
  • 72
  • Member since:
    08-02-2015
Try Ranked Battles with IS4

chessstud #8 Posted 17 March 2020 - 06:31 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16679 battles
  • 89
  • [T0TH] T0TH
  • Member since:
    11-22-2011

View PostAnna_Kalashnikova, on 17 March 2020 - 04:56 PM, said:

Battle counter says 7.972. Just for the record.

 

Hey OP,

 

Just ignore this guy. This is all you can expect from Wargaming staff. I don't think the concepts of customer service, long-term vision for a company and customer retention are as popular in Eastern Europe. People are just used to bad service, whether it comes to their companies or governments.

 

Keep posting legitimate criticism of the company. This needs to be made public and I agree with most of the points you make. When people do this, the typical trolls, who care more about their post count rather than post quality, will criticise you. They are best just ignored. 

 



BravelyRanAway #9 Posted 17 March 2020 - 06:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24945 battles
  • 12,943
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View Postchessstud, on 17 March 2020 - 05:31 PM, said:

This is all you can expect from Wargaming staff. 

Yes....paranoia.

 

 


Edited by BravelyRanAway, 17 March 2020 - 06:38 PM.


Danger__UXB #10 Posted 17 March 2020 - 06:43 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 9834 battles
  • 2,889
  • Member since:
    03-07-2013

Get out while you can tanker....grab the edge of the gif and climb out...its the only way to break the monotony..

 



NekoPuffer_PPP #11 Posted 17 March 2020 - 06:47 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35998 battles
  • 4,708
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Postchessstud, on 17 March 2020 - 06:31 PM, said:

Hey OP,

 

Just ignore this guy. This is all you can expect from Wargaming staff. I don't think the concepts of customer service, long-term vision for a company and customer retention are as popular in Eastern Europe. People are just used to bad service, whether it comes to their companies or governments.

 

Keep posting legitimate criticism of the company. This needs to be made public and I agree with most of the points you make. When people do this, the typical trolls, who care more about their post count rather than post quality, will criticise you. They are best just ignored.

 

That's a volunteer forum moderator, and not official WG staff. WG staff have a red marking next to their post, moderators don't.

 

Also, public? To what public? This forum is as public as it gets for this game, and it's full of dissatisfactory posts on a daily basis.



1ucky #12 Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:02 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 91645 battles
  • 1,902
  • [THRIL] THRIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

Edit: Nevermind 

 

Edited by 1ucky, 17 March 2020 - 07:12 PM.


misterslate #13 Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:18 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12954 battles
  • 1,597
  • Member since:
    02-01-2012

View Postchessstud, on 17 March 2020 - 05:31 PM, said:

 

Hey OP,

 

Just ignore this guy. This is all you can expect from Wargaming staff. I don't think the concepts of customer service, long-term vision for a company and customer retention are as popular in Eastern Europe. People are just used to bad service, whether it comes to their companies or governments.

 

Keep posting legitimate criticism of the company. This needs to be made public and I agree with most of the points you make. When people do this, the typical trolls, who care more about their post count rather than post quality, will criticise you. They are best just ignored. 

 

 

How can you tell if they are a guy?



jabster #14 Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12822 battles
  • 26,810
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 17 March 2020 - 05:34 PM, said:

Yes....paranoia.

 

 




chessstud #15 Posted 18 March 2020 - 03:32 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16679 battles
  • 89
  • [T0TH] T0TH
  • Member since:
    11-22-2011

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 17 March 2020 - 05:34 PM, said:

Yes....paranoia.

 

 

 

I don't get why you people with more than 1k posts have such low quality of posting. There's no subject or verb here, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you mean I have paranoia? Do you mean the staff are paranoid? If you think it is just me paranoid because WG have awful customer service, it isn't possible to have a conversation with you as we obviously have completely different experiences of this game.

 

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 17 March 2020 - 05:47 PM, said:

 

That's a volunteer forum moderator, and not official WG staff. WG staff have a red marking next to their post, moderators don't.

 

Also, public? To what public? This forum is as public as it gets for this game, and it's full of dissatisfactory posts on a daily basis.

 

He is a representative of the company. It aptly sums up how this company is run and the attitude of the people who represent the company. As to the public, there needs to be more criticism of the obvious shortcomings of this game that are easily fixed (balance, arty, pay to win, gold spam, Russian bias, etc.) Streamers do a good job with this, and it is up to the casual players to add force to this. Maybe I'm just too utopian to think they will actually listen and change anything.

 

View Postmisterslate, on 17 March 2020 - 06:18 PM, said:

 

How can you tell if they are a guy?

 

Yeah, this is the most severe issue that is being raised in this thread.

 



wsatnutter #16 Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:09 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 26958 battles
  • 9,834
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
tldr and no paragraphs

shikaka9 #17 Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:53 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 76221 battles
  • 1,934
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
Do you really want to WG start fixin? :trollface: I dont know, maybe someone else could fix this ...

Echotun #18 Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:28 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23872 battles
  • 953
  • [FA-1] FA-1
  • Member since:
    03-15-2015

View PostWingedArchon, on 17 March 2020 - 06:13 PM, said:

Well, Since this game is basically one giant coinflip... I can't hep but see much I can agree with.
Yesterday and today I've played some random again... seeing as how there's nothing else to do for the moment. And the amount of RNG-luck combined with damn trolling mechanics is making me want to throw my computer to the floor.
Games end with 12 to zip. even if you're top tier, somehow your teammates manage to achieve nothing.
Again! Wheelies are a blight to this game its glowing like a radioactive rod. and the constant added tanks are just rehashes of the same damn problem.

seriously, even running an IS-7 in a tier 4 game would get you lose the match if the dice hate you... and those dice have a bad freaking temper as far as my experince shows from last 2 days...
I seriously can't play this game anymore for 1 hour pe day before I want to destroy something....

 


This game is not random, you have a fairly large impact on how a battle ends. Play better win more. Its very common for sub 50% People to argue its all random becasue then they dont have to deal With the fact that they are the problem themselves. Its much more comfortable blaming external factors.



a_s_c_h_e #19 Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:52 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 40022 battles
  • 38
  • [R3BEL] R3BEL
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013

View PostKrempli, on 17 March 2020 - 05:52 PM, said:

So I've played like 6-7k battles on this game and its starting to boggle my mind how disgusting and bad this company is.. How they aren't fixing anything with the game for such a long time.
Meta is changing, maps still stay the same, artys stay the same as well. I've just had arty hit a tank next to me and kill my driver.. Like what? 

I was sitting on the left side of the wall, arty hit the right side of it, dealt full damage to me and killed two of my crew members, that really shows how this game has no mechanics and is just rng.

The coding is bad, tank balance is bad, map balance is disgustingly bad, matchmaking is the worst..
I still don't get it how this company fails to understand that sometimes you can't carry a 15v15 game, that its a coinflip, especially frontline. This frontline only shows how people in this company are not thinking about giving us the best experience but just pushing out content for players who are being milked not to get bored. How don't they understand that winning and losing in frontline let alone random battles should have the same gain no matter if you lose or win. Don't you just hate it when you play a t8 premium, lose with 3-4k damage get like 100k, queue up for next game, win with 1.5k damage and get 100k again? Isn't that just [edited]? Shouldn't the players be rewarded only on their performance? Why is this game so painful with the 3-5-7 matchmaking.. I remember when wargaming added new templates, it was better for a month then everything went back to being the same, especially if you're in a platoon you can never get top tier. I get top tier once in 50 games, is that really okay wargaming? Is it really okay to put a mutz with 212 pen, 250 dmg and 7 secs reload against a t95 chieftain with full bonds equipment and all gold? Is that really fair? It's really impossible for a free to play player to have even near 50% winrate in random battles.. It's really unfair towards newer players and towards players who haven't invested at least 50e into the game monthly... How can this company not realize after all these years that this is not the proper way to monetize the game. It was the proper way 10 years ago but not now, games are evolving, players are evolving and becoming better, everything is changing and wargaming is doing the same thing over and over again.. Activate frontline back again and then put good tier 8 premiums in the shop for 30-40e each.. It's sad, and im so mad because I really want to enjoy this game and I really like it but wargaming is just destroying it more and more.. Nothing good comes out of it. They even removed rewards for merit and gave us daily missions. Merit could sometimes give us useful things, binos, prem days, nice fragments and so on. This now is worse than merit, we can't even have one nice thing for free, they're making us players so frustrated that you just have to grab your wallet in order to enjoy the game.. It's so damn sad. I've played this game since 2011 with big breaks and every time i came back to it I never heard anything good about it.

TL:DR Game is evolving, same problems stay the same, unfixed, ignored and all we get is more premium tanks and content that is just pushed out to milk the players.


You are right in every way. Im playing since 2013 i think and i've been both free to play and premium gamer since, and it doesn't matter if you are premium or free to play gamer the game will [edited]you. i took some time off as well, came back few months ago but i forgot how [edited]frustrating this game can be, i will stop playing again soon because this crapgame just wont let you evolve. How is that possible that im on the same lvl for years huh? Im talking about stats now because I've got all the tanks i want, there are few that i will grind maybe and i want to play for fun, make my stats better get better in the game but its impossible because of rng :D players who dont know crap, cheaters, etc...1 day you get 60-65% win rate, good dmg etc, and the next day you just get 20%???? and you back where you were before. Its like in the old time in communism :D they give you something to feel happy but they take it away later so you stay on the same frustrating existence. And skill it doesn't matter here because of RNG??? And MM? What the [edited]? Ok maybe it matters if you are really good, but you have to carry the game for camping players because they just sit in a bush and getting really excited that they play with tanks woohoo like in the war. :O Personally i have no problem that Wargaming pour out premium tanks, contents thats actually good thats what they should do, but game MECHANICS????  FCKN crap. They should do smt about it. Maybe more ppl would buy something in the premium shop :unsure: Really they dont see whats happening in general chat?? Every second sentence is about fckn Wargaming go to hell etc...and i was polite now, and not becasue of the new remium tank release or new content release i can tell you that.



Echotun #20 Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:55 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23872 battles
  • 953
  • [FA-1] FA-1
  • Member since:
    03-15-2015

View PostKrempli, on 17 March 2020 - 05:52 PM, said:

So I've played like 6-7k battles on this game and its starting to boggle my mind how disgusting and bad this company is.. How they aren't fixing anything with the game for such a long time.
Meta is changing, maps still stay the same, artys stay the same as well. I've just had arty hit a tank next to me and kill my driver.. Like what? 

I was sitting on the left side of the wall, arty hit the right side of it, dealt full damage to me and killed two of my crew members, that really shows how this game has no mechanics and is just rng.

The coding is bad, tank balance is bad, map balance is disgustingly bad, matchmaking is the worst..
I still don't get it how this company fails to understand that sometimes you can't carry a 15v15 game, that its a coinflip, especially frontline. This frontline only shows how people in this company are not thinking about giving us the best experience but just pushing out content for players who are being milked not to get bored. How don't they understand that winning and losing in frontline let alone random battles should have the same gain no matter if you lose or win. Don't you just hate it when you play a t8 premium, lose with 3-4k damage get like 100k, queue up for next game, win with 1.5k damage and get 100k again? Isn't that just [edited]? Shouldn't the players be rewarded only on their performance? Why is this game so painful with the 3-5-7 matchmaking.. I remember when wargaming added new templates, it was better for a month then everything went back to being the same, especially if you're in a platoon you can never get top tier. I get top tier once in 50 games, is that really okay wargaming? Is it really okay to put a mutz with 212 pen, 250 dmg and 7 secs reload against a t95 chieftain with full bonds equipment and all gold? Is that really fair?eally impossible for a free to play player to have even near 50% winrate in random battles.. It's really unfair towards newer players and towards players who haven't invested at least 50e into the game monthly... How can this company not realize after all these years that this is not the proper way to monetize the game. It  It's rwas the proper way 10 years ago but not now, games are evolving, players are evolving and becoming better, everything is changing and wargaming is doing the same thing over and over again.. Activate frontline back again and then put good tier 8 premiums in the shop for 30-40e each.. It's sad, and im so mad because I really want to enjoy this game and I really like it but wargaming is just destroying it more and more.. Nothing good comes out of it. They even removed rewards for merit and gave us daily missions. Merit could sometimes give us useful things, binos, prem days, nice fragments and so on. This now is worse than merit, we can't even have one nice thing for free, they're making us players so frustrated that you just have to grab your wallet in order to enjoy the game.. It's so damn sad. I've played this game since 2011 with big breaks and every time i came back to it I never heard anything good about it.

TL:DR Game is evolving, same problems stay the same, unfixed, ignored and all we get is more premium tanks and content that is just pushed out to milk the players.


A lot of different complaints in one post, but I will try to adress some Points. Lets start at the end; The New reward system, dailies + Battle pass (free versions), gives you tons of free stuff for doing nothing. Ive gotten plenty of blueprints from the New daily system, more than I got from Rewards for merit. No, seriously, more! Dont believe everything you see people cry about at this forum, 90% of them are just spewing nonsense.

 

As far as spending money is concerned; it will give you a lot more options in good tanks, since there are many very good Premium tanks. But there is also many good regular tanks, on each tier. So plenty to chose from for a f2p player. Even more options if you pay. There are plenty of bad tanks in the Tech tree, but there are also plenty of very bad Premium tanks.

 

WG "not fixing anything"? THis is just a blanket statement that is ignorant. Plenty of Things have been done, not all of it worked out as well as one hoped. 

Like arty; I started playing in 2015. Arty then was much much worse for gameplay than it is now. And you see People saying all the time, even super experienced streamer, that is was much better to get shot by old School arty Shells than getting stunned, becasue being stunned is annoying. Really? Being dead was better than getting stunned? 500 dmg is worse than 1800 dmg? 3 arties is worse than 5 arties on each side? Really?

 

MM now is at its all time best since I started playing imo. Its not perfect (strv vs jpe100 on city map, hello?), but for the most part its working fine. A lot of the players that post on the forum complaining about the MM is really complaining about themselves performing bad and blaming the MM. Not the same thing. 3-5-7 wasnt working as good as WG wanted it to, so they changed it (read: improved the game).

 

If you think its unfair that one of the bad T8s "has no chance" vs the best T10 in the game, then I Wonder how you think the game used to be, and what you would want it to be now? In the current template being bottom tier means to can contribute more than I think you have ever been able to in the history of WOT. At least the parts Ive seen or experienced. 

 

Map Balance I sort of agree with you. To some extent. But it is difficult to balance a map unless you make it symmetrical. And symmetrical maps are boring imo. So WG tries to play it safe and just do corridors, which is arguable the easiset to balance team vs team. Class vs class is a different story. All in all I find todays maps "ok". But this is the area I wish WG would spend more time and Money on improving. For me this is much more relevant than dealing With ammo/hp changes.

 

You want the same earnings for wins and losses? I just simply disagree. Even if its not your fault that you lose, you normally have a decent amount of impact. And you can gain a lot of Money/xp on losses if you play well.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users