Huge LAG!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

MeckaR_ #1 Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11609 battles
  • [DIE4M] DIE4M
Is there any way to fix lag on EU1,cant play single game,zero announcements from wargaming for issues,they don't care.Really need help,if someone have some tips please commend,TNKY

Private_Miros #2 Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26996 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87
No lag here, so it's not the servers.

jack_timber #3 Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:46 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43506 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

No lag in Alba also, must be between you and servers....

Try restarting pc/router and run pingplotter.

Zer0RNG #4 Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15727 battles
  • [GTD] GTD
Also I have lag ... is on WG side... 

MeckaR_ #5 Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11609 battles
  • [DIE4M] DIE4M

View Postjack_timber, on 17 March 2020 - 09:46 PM, said:

No lag in Alba also, must be between you and servers....

Try restarting pc/router and run pingplotter.

Tryed that,even formated pc,all is fine,single connection with cable,but ingame have 180-320 ping.

20:53 Added after 3 minute

View PostZer0RNG, on 17 March 2020 - 09:47 PM, said:

Cant find solution for now,added some settings in registry for TCP but nothing.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 17 March 2020 - 10:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76382 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostMeckaR_, on 17 March 2020 - 09:49 PM, said:

Cant find solution for now,added some settings in registry for TCP but nothing.

View PostZer0RNG, on 17 March 2020 - 09:47 PM, said:

I don't have any, on neither server. If it was on WG's side. I would too tbh.

Again, keep in mind that a huge portion of EU is at home now. And my ISP has over 50% more traffic than usual at peak hours. So some stuff will go slower depending on region. Schools are closed, people are watching Netflix and playing online games more than usual. I mean Steam blew their all-time daily login record and most users on at the same time by over 30% a few days ago. And CS GO has not seen numbers like it has now ever. And even Xbox live and PSN services did suffer, as it set a new record for most users at the same time. 

Now add that up with WOT, and all the servers your data signal passes between you and WG. If one of those suffers the same way with handling more traffic then it's used to, you will notice it. So I doubt there is much WG can do about it. Nor you tbh.

But you can do a plotter trace just to be sure.

Homer_J #7 Posted 17 March 2020 - 10:16 PM

Field Marshal

• 33637 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Without a pingplotter trace it's too easy just to say it's your end or your ISP struggling to cope with everyone working from home / quarantined.

Download pingplotter

if you use EU1 point it at login.p1.worldoftanks.eu

if you use EU2 point it at login.p2.worldoftanks.eu

Let it run while you play a few battles.

Save the trace as an image and post it up here.

CmdRatScabies #8 Posted 17 March 2020 - 10:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postjack_timber, on 17 March 2020 - 09:46 PM, said:

No lag in Alba .

You have the internet up there now?

Edited by CmdRatScabies, 17 March 2020 - 10:42 PM.

MeckaR_ #9 Posted 17 March 2020 - 11:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11609 battles
  • [DIE4M] DIE4M

View PostHomer_J, on 17 March 2020 - 10:16 PM, said:

Without a pingplotter trace it's too easy just to say it's your end or your ISP struggling to cope with everyone working from home / quarantined.

Download pingplotter

if you use EU1 point it at login.p1.worldoftanks.eu

if you use EU2 point it at login.p2.worldoftanks.eu

Let it run while you play a few battles.

Save the trace as an image and post it up here.

View PostBalc0ra, on 17 March 2020 - 10:11 PM, said:

I don't have any, on neither server. If it was on WG's side. I would too tbh.

Again, keep in mind that a huge portion of EU is at home now. And my ISP has over 50% more traffic than usual at peak hours. So some stuff will go slower depending on region. Schools are closed, people are watching Netflix and playing online games more than usual. I mean Steam blew their all-time daily login record and most users on at the same time by over 30% a few days ago. And CS GO has not seen numbers like it has now ever. And even Xbox live and PSN services did suffer, as it set a new record for most users at the same time. 

Now add that up with WOT, and all the servers your data signal passes between you and WG. If one of those suffers the same way with handling more traffic then it's used to, you will notice it. So I doubt there is much WG can do about it. Nor you tbh.

But you can do a plotter trace just to be sure.

Done with plotter,even with wgcheck in launcher,i let him work 30 minutes and send them ticket,i get all that stuff with traffic,but game with 230 ping is unplayable,and yes they sure can do something,gigantic platform with poor servers?Cant und that,if u plan to buy and drive a car ofcource you need to get driving licence first.

22:19 Added after 7 minute

Edited by MeckaR_, 17 March 2020 - 11:12 PM.

unhappy__bunny #10 Posted 17 March 2020 - 11:48 PM

Brigadier

• 20823 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostMeckaR_, on 17 March 2020 - 10:12 PM, said:

Done with plotter,even with wgcheck in launcher,i let him work 30 minutes and send them ticket,i get all that stuff with traffic,but game with 230 ping is unplayable,and yes they sure can do something,gigantic platform with poor servers?Cant und that,if u plan to buy and drive a car ofcource you need to get driving licence first.

22:19 Added after 7 minute

I would say there is some sort of bottleneck around the Macedonia region, or at least between there and the WG Server, in fact I would probably point the finger at Telia's section of the network.

MeckaR_ #11 Posted 17 March 2020 - 11:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11609 battles
  • [DIE4M] DIE4M

View Postunhappy__bunny, on 17 March 2020 - 11:48 PM, said:

I would say there is some sort of bottleneck around the Macedonia region, or at least between there and the WG Server, in fact I would probably point the finger at Telia's section of the network.

What I have with Telia.net,or that is some broadband cooperating with wargaming servers?I don't get all from this test,at least the pings,dont know what is that blank ip's with 100% packet loss,few od ip adresses are my ISP.

unhappy__bunny #12 Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:12 AM

Brigadier

• 20823 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostMeckaR_, on 17 March 2020 - 10:56 PM, said:

What I have with Telia.net,or that is some broadband cooperating with wargaming servers?I don't get all from this test,at least the pings,dont know what is that blank ip's with 100% packet loss,few od ip adresses are my ISP.

You can ignore the blanks with 100% PL as they are devices that are not responding to the pings. Your problems seem to start from hop 7 which is I think, Macedonia Telekom and continue through the Telia owned infrastructure. WG have no control over Telia, or rather, they have as much control as your own ISP does. You could try contacting your ISP, offer to send them the PingPlotter trace and see if they can reroute via another node. Other than that, all you can do is grin and bear it hoping that the links settle down after a while.

So someone else has said, with so many people staying home, with schools, offices and the like closed down all across Europe, the internet is going to get hammered. Parts of it will cope, other parts won't. Some applications or games will work normally because of the way they are designed, but games like WoT (client/server based) will suffer due to their data transactions being time critical. Its very frustrating I know, especially when you have a good internet connection from your house to your ISP, but once your data leaves your ISP it is in the lap of the gods. 

Nishi_Kinuyo #13 Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:31 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10494 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostMeckaR_, on 17 March 2020 - 11:56 PM, said:

Well, from what it looks like:

1: Telia is the ones maintaining the physical network in that geographic location.

2: hops 13-16 are set to ignore ICMP and thus show up as negative (standard procedure to negate basic ddos attacks).

3: your lag starts at hop 7, meaning Wargaming.net is blameless in this.

Homer_J #14 Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:53 PM

Field Marshal

• 33637 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 17 March 2020 - 11:31 PM, said:

2: hops 13-16 are set to ignore ICMP and thus show up as negative (standard procedure to negate basic ddos attacks).

3: your lag starts at hop 7, meaning Wargaming.net is blameless in this.

Hops 13 to 16 are actually using non internet addressable IP addresses but same effect.

It looks like a combination of issues.  Packet loss starts toward the WG end but the ping spikes start at hop 2.  And we've got Telia doing their usual astounding job in the middle.

Slyspy #15 Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14961 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHomer_J, on 18 March 2020 - 01:53 PM, said:

Hops 13 to 16 are actually using non internet addressable IP addresses but same effect.

It looks like a combination of issues.  Packet loss starts toward the WG end but the ping spikes start at hop 2.  And we've got Telia doing their usual astounding job in the middle.

The packet loss is from hop seven as well. 

MeckaR_ #16 Posted 22 March 2020 - 02:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11609 battles
  • [DIE4M] DIE4M
The case is that at specified time servers is full with players,and wargaming is not expecting this,i hope they will invest much more in servers and listen the players,anyway tnky guys for answering,wish you more M in battles.

unhappy__bunny #17 Posted 22 March 2020 - 04:14 AM

Brigadier

• 20823 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostMeckaR_, on 22 March 2020 - 01:56 AM, said:

The case is that at specified time servers is full with players,and wargaming is not expecting this,i hope they will invest much more in servers and listen the players,anyway tnky guys for answering,wish you more M in battles.

What brings you to this conclusion? 

I was playing yesterday evening on EU1, with around 100k players on each server, so 200k in total, and had no lag at all. That indicates to me that the problem is not with the servers but more likely with the physical structure of the Internet, ie the route across certain parts of Europe.

A bit like driving from Prague to Paris and finding the roads between Frankfurt and the French border blocked, and trying to put the blame on the Mayor of Paris for not having better roads. And all the while drivers from Madrid or London, to Paris are having no delays and are telling you that the roads in Paris are fine. 

So what can you do? You find out where the blockage is, who is responsible for those roads, and you complain to them. In this case, you use the tools available to you, find the ip addresses of the nodes where the bottlenecks are, use the search facilities to find out who owns them, and contact them. If you get nowhere with them, search for trade associations or the EU Commissioner or the like, or even go public and use your national press/media. I am not saying it will be easy, but if all the players affected put some time and effort into it, improvements should be possible. 

1ucky #18 Posted 22 March 2020 - 06:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 91645 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View Postunhappy__bunny, on 22 March 2020 - 04:14 AM, said:

(...)

So what can you do? You find out where the blockage is, who is responsible for those roads, and you complain to them. In this case, you use the tools available to you, find the ip addresses of the nodes where the bottlenecks are, use the search facilities to find out who owns them, and contact them. If you get nowhere with them, search for trade associations or the EU Commissioner or the like, or even go public and use your national press/media. I am not saying it will be easy, but if all the players affected put some time and effort into it, improvements should be possible. 

Hear ye, hear ye!

#IdeasWorthSharing

#NetworkFixing

#HowTo

Edited by 1ucky, 22 March 2020 - 08:53 AM.

CmdRatScabies #19 Posted 22 March 2020 - 10:56 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMeckaR_, on 22 March 2020 - 02:56 AM, said:

Could be your local internet is overloaded.  WG servers usually have a problem when they get above 100k on each server but so far it's been fine for me this time.

And to be honest, WG aren't daft so I'm sure they saw a Covid-19 spike coming.

ValkyrionX_TV #20 Posted 22 March 2020 - 02:04 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• 56264 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

With the coronavirus emergency, millions and millions of people across Europe stay at home and it is normal that the capacity of the network on a continent level is under stress

currently my connection that usually goes to 100/25-17ms goes to about 90/20-50ms

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users