Crew Skills for UDES 15/16

Question Discussion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

roboslash #1 Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11846 battles

Im at the UDES 14 Alt 5 and am starting to pick crew skills for the crew, which I will retrain for the T10 tank.

Currently I'm thinking:

Commander (Female): BIA, Sixth sense, Camo, Repairs, Sit. Awareness, Recon

Gunner: BIA, Snap shot, Camo, Repairs

Driver: BIA, Smooth ride, Camo, Repairs

Any suggestions?

Edited by roboslash, 18 March 2020 - 01:59 PM.

LethalWalou #2 Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34826 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

If no one else is doing it then I shall give something.

Do situational awareness before camo and repairs on commander, or frankly both viewrange skills. Repairs are compensated well enough with reusable kits. Camo you can get from directive which you quite likely have gotten for free. I know I had over 1k of them originally. I use vents instead of optics on the Udes 15/16 so viewrange skills were important to me for that reason alone. If you don't use food, then use optics on the tier 10 but still get the situational awareness at least first.

Edited by LethalWalou, 18 March 2020 - 02:48 PM.

Oldewolfe #3 Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 535 battles

I can't say for the 15/16 right off because I used the Redheads from Xmas in mine....       And I used the P.Vic Crew in my 14/5 so they were the Same as the Xmas Girls and Free BiA....     

My Udes 16 however, they Started as a Regular Crew in my Strv 42/57 after getting a Second Crew for that Tank thru Tank Rewards if I recall....       They had not had Skills Picked yet and were just Driving it to keep the Tank Busy, but when they hit their First Skills, I went BiA and used a Crew Book to get them to about 50% in Camo....     When Xmas started and I got all the Xmas Crew, they got sent Back to the 42/57 while the Redheads Finished the Udes 16 Grind.....         When the Girls moved up to the 15/16, they promptly took their Places back in the Udes 16 and are currently at 96% Camo.....

As for the Other 2 Crews....

BiA all around for the P.Vic....

Commander:    6th, Repair, Recon at 92%....

Gunner:    Snap, Repair, Deadeye at 92%....

Driver:    Smooth, Repair, Off Raod at 92%....

And the 15/16 Crew....

BiA/SoS for being Xmas Specials....

Commander:    6th, Sit Aware, Camo at 76%....

Gunner:    Snap, Camo at 76%.....

Driver:    Off Road, Camo at 76%....

The Remaining Xmas Crew all ended up in my Emil II that was in need of a New Crew after I got the Kranberry....     That Crew had been pulling Double Duty in Both Tanks since then and I'm glad the Emil II finally has a Dedicated Crew again....      But for the Mediums, the Special Crews were a Great Benefit, so if you have any or can Earn any, that's where you REALLY wanna Start....

Gruff_ #4 Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24725 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Are ammo racks a problem for the tier 8/9/10 wedih mediums?  Have plans to go up this line myself so wondering if I should cap safestowage early on. 

tajj7 #5 Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I haven't had particular ammo rack problems with the UDES 15/16 but I use safe stowage on most tanks. 

Crew skills for the UDES 15/16 are pretty general medium stuff, it has great camo so full camo crew is a good investment, BIA, sixth, safe stowage and repairs, plus view range skills. 

Snap shot and smooth ride are not really worth it IMO, once you have BIA and v-stab, and especially if you have food, those two skills have such a minimal impact its not worth taking them until other skills have been trained, firefighting is probably a better option than both as it makes it safer using food.  If you have v-stab and BIA, then both snap shot and smooth ride only change movement dispersion and turret dispersion by 0.01, which for a 100% trained skill on two crew members is a very marginal gain. 

Equipment wise I go with rammer, v-stab and optics, again the tank has excellent camo, higher stationary camo than several of the tier 10 lights, so maxing out camo and view range as much as possible makes you are very good spotter, you can push camo up to nearly 30% on the move. 

Gun handling and DPM are already good enough that vents IMO loses out to the spotting ability, especially as it only has 390 base view range. 

Gruff_ #6 Posted 19 March 2020 - 11:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24725 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttajj7, on 19 March 2020 - 09:46 AM, said:

I haven't had particular ammo rack problems with the UDES 15/16 but I use safe stowage on most tanks. 

Crew skills for the UDES 15/16 are pretty general medium stuff, it has great camo so full camo crew is a good investment, BIA, sixth, safe stowage and repairs, plus view range skills. 

Snap shot and smooth ride are not really worth it IMO, once you have BIA and v-stab, and especially if you have food, those two skills have such a minimal impact its not worth taking them until other skills have been trained, firefighting is probably a better option than both as it makes it safer using food.  If you have v-stab and BIA, then both snap shot and smooth ride only change movement dispersion and turret dispersion by 0.01, which for a 100% trained skill on two crew members is a very marginal gain. 

Equipment wise I go with rammer, v-stab and optics, again the tank has excellent camo, higher stationary camo than several of the tier 10 lights, so maxing out camo and view range as much as possible makes you are very good spotter, you can push camo up to nearly 30% on the move. 

Gun handling and DPM are already good enough that vents IMO loses out to the spotting ability, especially as it only has 390 base view range. 

\Thanks, my crew are currently in the Lansen so will keep snap & smooth as the gun handling in that insn't great.  After playing the udes in team clash I liked the alpha and camo, it kind of reminded me of the T20 medium at tier 7, though obviously with the low profile and gun depression thrown in, a love child of ELC and T20!

Spurtung #7 Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78599 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

I've put them all in one image so it's easier to see.

Basically I'm having commander focus on doing that and radio, while gunner is the only one doing loader job skills (which are very secondary in my priority list on this tank).

Edited by Spurtung, 19 March 2020 - 12:47 PM.

Also tagged with Question, Discussion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users