• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Axeltoft #1 Posted 18 March 2020 - 03:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25953 battles
  • [G33KS] G33KS

I was wondering.

Why do they have it easier with the grind in us then in eu?

First they only have 10 lvl in each stage.

Second they rewards cost less coins.

So all in all they have to play WAY less then us to get rank and rank rewards. Why is that?

shikaka9 #2 Posted 18 March 2020 - 03:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 76356 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
if it was same, Trump would ban it :harp:

LethalWalou #3 Posted 18 March 2020 - 03:50 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34826 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

Well, compare them a bit:

EU

NA

The first obvious difference is regarding the tokens the prizes cost. For us this is the 3rd RB season and for them it's the 2nd.

The chevrons they have to gain for each division are more compared to the amount of stages. For the first one, they have to gain on average 2,6 chevrons per stage while we have to gain 2,26. The same continues for all divisions.

The rewards are roughly the same. From only the few things we can see from the amounts is that gold and bond rewards are the same while credits are better on EU. This doesn't mean that other rewards are equal, I would guess EU gets slightly better rewards on those as well.

So in conclusion I can't see why would anyone complain about this. They have a dying server and that has meant that other things have actually been better there. And of course, if you want, you can go play on the NA server if you think it's easier and yields better rewards.

Edited by LethalWalou, 18 March 2020 - 03:51 PM.

Gruff_ #4 Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24725 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
They should merge/transfer both servers and to enhance both populations.

Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 19 March 2020 - 07:42 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10510 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostGruff_, on 19 March 2020 - 05:37 AM, said:

They should merge/transfer both servers and to enhance both populations.

And then what?

Still having a divided playerbase in the servers due to geographical position/latency?

Gruff_ #6 Posted 19 March 2020 - 07:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24725 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 19 March 2020 - 06:42 AM, said:

And then what?

Still having a divided playerbase in the servers due to geographical position/latency?

The overlaps at both ends of the existing peak times would have player numbers bolstered, we already have quite a few people palying on Eu who live in the states.

SlyMeerkat #7 Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:10 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19447 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
Ranked is Ranked, utter tripe, no matter what server lol

LethalWalou #8 Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:52 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34826 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostGruff_, on 19 March 2020 - 06:50 AM, said:

The overlaps at both ends of the existing peak times would have player numbers bolstered, we already have quite a few people palying on Eu who live in the states.

How would you sort out the latency issue? I'm for sure not making a compromise where my latency would get higher just so that NA players could play on EU servers. They would be then playing at night for EU times, and with 200-300 ping. Not sure they'd all want it either.

Gruff_ #9 Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24725 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLethalWalou, on 19 March 2020 - 01:52 PM, said:

How would you sort out the latency issue? I'm for sure not making a compromise where my latency would get higher just so that NA players could play on EU servers. They would be then playing at night for EU times, and with 200-300 ping. Not sure they'd all want it either.

There may be ping issues you are correct, though it's good enough when we have the shared test / sandbox servers live.  Perhaps using servers located an a more equidistance location might help with this.  When I used my NA account ping was around 110 on EU1 its around 40.

LethalWalou #10 Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34826 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostGruff_, on 19 March 2020 - 05:06 PM, said:

There may be ping issues you are correct, though it's good enough when we have the shared test / sandbox servers live.  Perhaps using servers located an a more equidistance location might help with this.  When I used my NA account ping was around 110 on EU1 its around 40.

Where were the servers used for shared servers? And I assume you're from UK, right? For you it would be much better compared to us in east end of Europe (NE me). I bet if there was a server in UK or Spain/Portugal, I would be close to 100, currently with 40-50 for both servers. For NA I was about 250 when I played there for a short moment. I honestly wouldn't be up for a compromise though, as I said. They are frankly the ones who need this more as their player numbers are so low. For me there really is no incentive to combine the servers anyways, especially if I would lose something in it.

Only thing I would really see working is if they combined 1 or 2 of the NA servers to the EU database and just transferred existing accounts. Then people could just choose where they play.

Gruff_ #11 Posted 19 March 2020 - 07:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24725 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLethalWalou, on 19 March 2020 - 05:21 PM, said:

Where were the servers used for shared servers? And I assume you're from UK, right? For you it would be much better compared to us in east end of Europe (NE me). I bet if there was a server in UK or Spain/Portugal, I would be close to 100, currently with 40-50 for both servers. For NA I was about 250 when I played there for a short moment. I honestly wouldn't be up for a compromise though, as I said. They are frankly the ones who need this more as their player numbers are so low. For me there really is no incentive to combine the servers anyways, especially if I would lose something in it.

Only thing I would really see working is if they combined 1 or 2 of the NA servers to the EU database and just transferred existing accounts. Then people could just choose where they play.

Yes, I'm from the UK.  Not sure where the test servers are located. Your final suggestion could indeed work for them.  It would be great if we could acces all servers with our current accounts, rather than having to start afresh, I hear the overall standard of gameplay is better/more enjoyable on the RU servers obviously that's a subjective thing but wouldn't mind trying it out to compare.

Nishi_Kinuyo #12 Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10510 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Well, I just finished checking the latency I get with the NA servers.

Spoiler

So yeah, while players on US Central server might be able to do okay on a European server, the ones on South America are simply unable to do so.

Forcing them to do so will likely force them to quit, since I can assume that the ping they'll have on EU1 will be at least as high as what I get on their server.

View PostLethalWalou, on 19 March 2020 - 06:21 PM, said:

Combining only one of the two NA region servers with EU would not leave a viable NA region.

And, as mentioned, half the NA region would still be stuck with the NA region servers due to latency, if not more than that.

Also tagged with ranked

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users