Constand module vreakdown and crew killed?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Djole_SRBIJA_ #1 Posted 18 March 2020 - 09:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12262 battles
  • [KRL] KRL

Hi all,

i recently started taking note of modules broken on my tank vs. modules i break. Sometimes i have to use 3 repairs and more, but almost every battle at least 2 due to modules getting broken. Ammo, Engine on tanks that have the engine in the back constantly getting taken out by shots from front, Gun, Turret in that order.

Also, every hit i receive results in a injured crew member. This has started happening couple of weeks ago, and it doesn't matter which tier or tank i play.

What i have also noticed and than tested in Practice battles is that some players and their tanks have higher armor than mine or my friends of exact same kind. I used the replays to position my friends in as tanks were in random battles and tested the angle shots and had totally opposite results.

I need to hear from you guys if you have noticed such things?

I am a programmer and i understand that armor modifier variable for each player/tank before they join the battle is such an easy mod by WG to rigg the games, or to favor players of their choice.

Edited by Djole_SRBIJA_, 18 March 2020 - 09:17 PM.

divsmo #2 Posted 18 March 2020 - 09:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39520 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
Have you taken into account number of shots you hit per game vs number of shots you recieve?

Djole_SRBIJA_ #3 Posted 18 March 2020 - 09:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12262 battles
  • [KRL] KRL

View Postdivsmo, on 18 March 2020 - 09:22 PM, said:

Have you taken into account number of shots you hit per game vs number of shots you recieve?

I didn't go that far into analysts, mine is very simple. Depending on tank i play number of shots vary, but when i take a look at direct hits/penetration shots and modules i have broken it's 90% track, where when i take a note of critical hits on my tank in the battle is everything but track :)

Very strange. In 75% of games first hit i receive is either ammo or engine, and 50% on first hit one of my crew members is injured. This is very high percentage.

When it comes to penetration tests, for example i will get a red dot in random on same tank, same spot (i could be off maybe few cm on target) and green dot on same tank, angle, spot in Practice room games. This is why i suspect that WG is changing armor modifier server side in random battles.

Edited by Djole_SRBIJA_, 18 March 2020 - 09:50 PM.

Slyspy #4 Posted 18 March 2020 - 09:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14965 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Confirmation bias or, if true, a function if tank and shell charactistics and RNG. 

splash_time #5 Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15611 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well, not trying to troll or mock you, but what I understood from your own experience, it means your exposing your tank more than needed. 

Don't get hit in first place! By this I mean don't hurry or over expose your tank for one shot.

Try what I say, then take notes again. 

Edited by splash_time, 18 March 2020 - 10:05 PM.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76387 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostDjole_SRBIJA_, on 18 March 2020 - 09:15 PM, said:

Also, every hit i receive results in a injured crew member. This has started happening couple of weeks ago, and it doesn't matter which tier or tank i play.

Keep in mind that each gun has a separate alpha damage for modules. And not all modules have the same saving throw %. As in the % chance to even take module damage. But if you get hit multiple times in the same area, the module healing is reset, and at some point, it will break. So high ROF low module alpha tanks can be more devastating then a high alpha gun if you ignore them.

What i have also noticed and than tested in Practice battles is that some players and their tanks have higher armor than mine or my friends of exact same kind. I used the replays to position my friends in as tanks were in random battles and tested the angle shots and had totally opposite results.

Have you considered RNG? As pen is not the exact same each time you fire. And if you "test", and don't have the exact same impact angle. The results will vary. As one degree off could auto bounce it. Same as you getting -25% vs him getting +15% when he fired. Considering all the variables, no test will be the same anyway.

I am a programmer and i understand that armor modifier variable for each player/tank before they join the battle is such an easy mod by WG to rigg the games, or to favor players of their choice.

And how do we become worthy of such favors? I mean... if they did that. I suspect more then you would notice it. Sure we get the tinfoil theory now and then. But you shooting at the same tank as your with so many factors to consider is no proof tbh. And considering how fast other games are called out when they rig. Then WG have been good keeping it under the radar. Bungie lasted less than 20 min when they did their XP rigging before half the server did notice.

burbage1 #7 Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1465 battles
Deadeye is also pretty effective.

Homer_J #8 Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:52 PM

Field Marshal

• 33644 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDjole_SRBIJA_, on 18 March 2020 - 08:15 PM, said:

Engine on tanks that have the engine in the back constantly getting taken out by shots from front,

Frontal transmissions (common on German and other nations tanks) count as engine.  Nothing strange there.

The rest just needs a liberal coating of tin foil.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:29 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 36325 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Has your self professed knowledge of programming given you any insight as to why WG specifically singled you out to be given a reduced armour modifier but decided to give all your friends a normal one? 

Spurtung #10 Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:32 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78599 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 19 March 2020 - 02:29 AM, said:

Has your self professed knowledge of programming given you any insight as to why WG specifically singled you out to be given a reduced armour modifier but decided to give all your friends a normal one? 

Clearly, you don't know how to code in Feels.

Djole_SRBIJA_ #11 Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12262 battles
  • [KRL] KRL

View Postsplash_time, on 18 March 2020 - 10:04 PM, said:

Well, not trying to troll or mock you, but what I understood from your own experience, it means your exposing your tank more than needed. 

Don't get hit in first place! By this I mean don't hurry or over expose your tank for one shot.

Try what I say, then take notes again. 

I perfectly understand what you are saying and it makes, sense.

However, problem is that in one game you have to get shot at, get hit, the ratio of getting hit and receiving critical dmg is huge in my case, it's near 1/1 which really started happening in last couple of weeks.

Homer_J #12 Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:30 AM

Field Marshal

• 33644 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDjole_SRBIJA_, on 19 March 2020 - 09:19 AM, said:

I perfectly understand what you are saying and it makes, sense.

However, problem is that in one game you have to get shot at, get hit, the ratio of getting hit and receiving critical dmg is huge in my case, it's near 1/1 which really started happening in last couple of weeks.

Then you are having a run of bad luck.

Only the tracks have a 100% chance of taking damage.

From the wiki.

Saving Throw

When a module or crew member is hit, they do not necessarily take damage from the hit. Instead, most modules have a specific chance not to take damage. This is also referred to as a saving throw. The base chances of damaging a specific module or crew member when hitting it are as follows:

• Suspension: 100%
  • Engine: 45%
  • Fuel Tank: 45%
  • Observation Device: 45%
  • Radio: 45%
  • Turret Ring: 45%
  • Gun: 33%
  • Ammunition Rack: 27%

All crew members have the same chance to get knocked out when hit, however starting with game version 0.7.4 this chance depends on the damage type:

• Crew hit by AP/APCR/HEAT shell: 33%
  • Crew hit by (internal) explosion: 10%

Djole_SRBIJA_ #13 Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12262 battles
  • [KRL] KRL

View PostBalc0ra, on 18 March 2020 - 11:33 PM, said:

Keep in mind that each gun has a separate alpha damage for modules. And not all modules have the same saving throw %. As in the % chance to even take module damage. But if you get hit multiple times in the same area, the module healing is reset, and at some point, it will break. So high ROF low module alpha tanks can be more devastating then a high alpha gun if you ignore them.

Have you considered RNG? As pen is not the exact same each time you fire. And if you "test", and don't have the exact same impact angle. The results will vary. As one degree off could auto bounce it. Same as you getting -25% vs him getting +15% when he fired. Considering all the variables, no test will be the same anyway.

And how do we become worthy of such favors? I mean... if they did that. I suspect more then you would notice it. Sure we get the tinfoil theory now and then. But you shooting at the same tank as your with so many factors to consider is no proof tbh. And considering how fast other games are called out when they rig. Then WG have been good keeping it under the radar. Bungie lasted less than 20 min when they did their XP rigging before half the server did notice.

1. This is understandable and logical, as you explained. However, problem is that almost every hit i receive is a critical dmg hit, it is almost 1:1. This is why i started taking notice of it, and it started about 2 weeks ago.

2. I am talking about penetrable indicator, not shootin at target or taking into account RNG. For example, i hover over the target and in random games it shows red, while in practice room shows green on same exact tank.

3. I don't really go into politics of WG, but they must have a mechanism for doing so. Youtubers, twitch streamers, bloggers, forum active players ....

I have also noticed something recently that had gone into my favor, but  also raises suspicion: I have shot like meters away from enemy stationary tanks on purpose, then i saw the shell miss the target, however that target tank received my dmg. 

Homer_J #14 Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:32 AM

Field Marshal

• 33644 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDjole_SRBIJA_, on 19 March 2020 - 09:30 AM, said:

1. This is understandable and logical, as you explained. However, problem is that almost every hit i receive is a critical dmg hit, it is almost 1:1. This is why i started taking notice of it, and it started about 2 weeks ago.

This is a problem of RNG over small numbers.  Give it a few thousand battles and it will even out.

Or it's just confirmation bias.

Djole_SRBIJA_ #15 Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:33 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12262 battles
  • [KRL] KRL

View PostHomer_J, on 19 March 2020 - 10:30 AM, said:

Then you are having a run of bad luck.

Only the tracks have a 100% chance of taking damage.

From the wiki.

Saving Throw

When a module or crew member is hit, they do not necessarily take damage from the hit. Instead, most modules have a specific chance not to take damage. This is also referred to as a saving throw. The base chances of damaging a specific module or crew member when hitting it are as follows:

• Suspension: 100%
  • Engine: 45%
  • Fuel Tank: 45%
  • Observation Device: 45%
  • Radio: 45%
  • Turret Ring: 45%
  • Gun: 33%
  • Ammunition Rack: 27%

All crew members have the same chance to get knocked out when hit, however starting with game version 0.7.4 this chance depends on the damage type:

• Crew hit by AP/APCR/HEAT shell: 33%
  • Crew hit by (internal) explosion: 10%

Could be a bad luck, i don't know what to think anymore :(

09:41 Added after 7 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 19 March 2020 - 10:32 AM, said:

This is a problem of RNG over small numbers.  Give it a few thousand battles and it will even out.

Or it's just confirmation bias.

2 weeks, and about 200 battles is probably enough. But if you are right, than i should expect a nice and easy period of gaming in near future :)

Homer_J #16 Posted 19 March 2020 - 11:49 AM

Field Marshal

• 33644 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDjole_SRBIJA_, on 19 March 2020 - 09:33 AM, said:

2 weeks, and about 200 battles is probably enough. But if you are right, than i should expect a nice and easy period of gaming in near future :)

It's common to think of 200 as a big number but it isn't really.  But I suspect it isn't actually happening as often as you think.  Try looking for the times you don't get module damage instead.

Tealo #17 Posted 19 March 2020 - 11:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45835 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View PostDjole_SRBIJA_, on 18 March 2020 - 08:15 PM, said

Ever hear of the comeback mechanic used in Ai scripts where the 'RNG' gets tilted in the players/teams favour and also against ..

It's very commonly used in most computer games and is considered Good' game design as it makes the games more interesting to play ,,

Edited by Tealo, 19 March 2020 - 11:57 AM.

Sirebellus #18 Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24755 battles
Some tanks are like that, much more prone to track/module/crew damage than others...

It may be confirmation bias but I have noticed it happening on specific tanks (in my case currently the P.43 Ter gets module/crew damage every time a shell comes anywhere near it), but other tanks are rock hard against damage of any sort 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users