My reactions problem.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Lee3452 #1 Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17434 battles

Hi Guys

As I have mentioned before it's as though I am 1/2 second behind in my games and always playing catch up. This replay although really bad in a skill level it does show my problems. Start at about 1200 you can see the reticule is not smooth and is jerky. I then seem to have two aiming marks. I highlight the enemy tank through a bush and get a green pen indicator and just as I fire  the tank goes out of sight and the round goes high. Then the tank re-highlights and shows that the round should have hit. Best viewed at 1/16th speed. So can anyone tell me what is going on with the following.

1) 2 aiming markers.

2) Jerky movement

3)Enemy tank silhouette  disappears at the point of firing only to reappear after shot. His tank symbol was still showing.

Again I am using the lowest settings and have no mods.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5278369#tundra-lee3452-super_hellcat

LethalWalou #2 Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34826 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

1) 2 aiming markers? No idea what you're talking about unless you mean when you aim at a ridge and when it switches between zeroing to the ridge or to the background. That is a problem for everyone.

3) It didn't disappear. You for some reason moved your cursor fraction of a time before pulling the trigger. Problem possibly in how you press the LMB, in this case you seem to move your mouse as you do it. I took two screenshots of the moment you shoot:

In the first one you're aiming and in the second one you shoot right after the screenshot was taken.

You for some reason moved your aiming away from the tank and that made the silhouette disappear. Now, this had no effect on where your aiming server side went. The following screenshot is taken to show the shell's trajectory when you shot.

Large pic, sorry.

This shows that the shell did not make contact to the armor hit box of the Emil 2. The bags on top of the turret are not part of the armor hit box.

Hope this helped to understand this case. For the rest, we would possibly need other samples of the things happening to you.

Edited by LethalWalou, 19 March 2020 - 05:31 PM.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76387 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Do you have server-side reticule on? As that might make it seem more jerky depending on your traffic.

As for the Emil shot? Well, you aimed at a pixel shot, as you only had the turret roof you did see. But most of the circle was covering the hill behind. It went wide and ofc did hit the hill behind vs the target. If you have a dynamic camera etc enabled, the sight will "recoil" with each hit, and land on the target again. But it would not make much of a difference, as again the shot went wide into the hill behind it.

LethalWalou #4 Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34826 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostBalc0ra, on 19 March 2020 - 04:32 PM, said:

If you have a dynamic camera etc enabled, the sight will "recoil" with each hit, and land on the target again.

Would that matter to when I watch the replay but don't have it on.

Care to do me a favor and have a look at the moment he shoots at the Emil 2 to see if it shows you as well that the aiming marker (player aiming marker) is moving away from the tank right before he shoots. I think it is him moving the aim but I guess it could be possible bug in how the replay shows things. In past I know there has been cases where the aim just starts to drift away when sitting still but those have been bugs with the replay system.

Lee3452 #5 Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17434 battles

Thanks Guys for taking the time to look at replay.

LethalWalou in your pictures there is a red dot in the centre and a green dot to the right. On my screen it is two chevrons and the one I am using to aim is the one that is showing as a red circle on your picture. The green one follows this aiming mark. Ie if I put the first aiming mark on the target the green one then follows and joins up with the red one. As you can see this red one didn't move and I was sure I didn't move the mouse.

BalcOra if this is a server side reticule how do I turn it off.

LethalWalou #6 Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34826 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostLee3452, on 19 March 2020 - 04:49 PM, said:

LethalWalou in your pictures there is a red dot in the centre and a green dot to the right. On my screen it is two chevrons and the one I am using to aim is the one that is showing as a red circle on your picture. The green one follows this aiming mark. Ie if I put the first aiming mark on the target the green one then follows and joins up with the red one. As you can see this red one didn't move and I was sure I didn't move the mouse.

I do know what the aiming mechanics are. In the replay although you did move the red circle, the one controlled by the player directly and which the green one follows. You moved that one right before shooting (speaking of hundreds of one second) as shown on the screenshot. Now, I asked Balc0ra for a favour to check if it does the same on his replay or if it's a bug in the replay system for me. Like I said there has been bugs in past that have moved that red circle but they have been apparent and only when stationary for a while.

And regarding the server reticle, you go to settings, on the first tab on the right there is a box for ''Enable server reticle''. So if it's ticked, then untick it to not have server reticle showing.

Lee3452 #7 Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17434 battles

Lethal Walou

I was not questioning your understanding of the aiming mechanics. It is mine I am questioning. Looking at both pictures it seems as though the silhouette should have still been showing.

Regarding server reticule I  now un ticked the box. What is the enable server reticule for?

Edited by Lee3452, 19 March 2020 - 06:33 PM.

LethalWalou #8 Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34826 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostLee3452, on 19 March 2020 - 05:19 PM, said:

Lethal Walou

I was not questioning your understanding of the aiming mechanics. It is mine I am questioning. Looking at both pictures it seems as though the silhouette should have still been showing.

Regarding server reticule I don't seem to have that tab in my game settings.

Oh okay. My misunderstanding then.

The silhouette shows based on the red aiming pointer/circle which you moved away. (The green one doesn't matter for that) So since the red aiming circle isn't on the Emil 2, the silhouette doesn't show.

I checked the replay again as well and when you try to shoot the Progetto, your aiming circle (the red one) moves away from the tank as well right before you shoot, but to slightly different direction than on the Emil 2 shot. So I hope someone can double check this on their replay to know what actually is going on there.

The server reticle matter, here is the screenshot of the settings where to find it. I have it on as I have a mod that shows me both reticles at the same time (client side and server side)

Here is what the aiming reticle looks like with the mod. In the first one the green one is client side and blue on is server side (that's the one I use):

Edited by LethalWalou, 19 March 2020 - 06:38 PM.

Gruff_ #9 Posted 19 March 2020 - 07:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24722 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLee3452, on 19 March 2020 - 04:49 PM, said:

Keep the box for server reticule ticked.

The other chevron on your screen is just the central reticule marke, I suggest changing it to one that looks different to your actual gun aim, at moment I'm using: Indicator: Diagonal, Central Marker: T- Shaped, Gun Aim: O shaped I (with armour penetration)

re jerky movements either turn down the sensitivity of your mouse or you can also adjust the sensitivity in general settings under Control

Edited by Gruff_, 19 March 2020 - 08:01 PM.

Lee3452 #10 Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17434 battles

Thank you Gruff. I will have a play around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users