I need help with choosing tech tree lines I'll grind

help newbie begginer tech tree grind

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

iKed_SRB #1 Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 778 battles

Hi, I'm new to game and I need some help with choosing which tech tree lines I'll grind.
I want to have all types of tanks on tier X (tier X light, tier X tank destroyer etc...) but not sure which one exactly.
Only tier X tank I choosed is IS-7 because I heard it's great line for newbies and Type 5 Heavy because I find it fun to play with those tanks, also I'm currently on Pz. 38 (t) but don't know which of those 3 tier X heavy tanks I'll want to go.
I want to grind some lines which are good for newbies, but too some lines that will be fun to play with.

I want to have just one tier X light (some tier X light that will be good), and one tier X arty on the end (one of the best arties), others to be medium and heavy tanks and tank destroyers. I needed to post this because lot of post and youtube videos are old, and lot could change from then.
If you can explain me are lines you recommend me good overall or they are revarding on end (on tier X), and too I'll like to hear which tank and lines are bad, and I should avoid them.
Thanks in advance and sorry if I have some issues in typing, English is not my main language.

Exskelibur #2 Posted 20 March 2020 - 02:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17996 battles
  • [HE-JA] HE-JA

If you're new to the game, and it looks like you are, go Russia. You can't go wrong with that.

However, To3 in a couple of days will be the Leopard line, German medium. Not bad either, so go with them.

You know what, go with Russia, Germany and USA.

Avoid UK, France and all the small countries, but not Italy. Wargaming seems to think Italy was build the best tanks in da world. So who am I to disagree?

Anyway concentrate on mediums, heavies, td's.

Arty, don't neglect arty. Don't get hung up on lights, they are very tricky and require some experience.

And go where the top of the tree leads you. That will be German meds next.

Also, don't rush to get to tier X. Get some experience for yourself and for you crew first.

Edited by Exskelibur, 20 March 2020 - 02:27 AM.

Gruff_ #3 Posted 20 March 2020 - 02:35 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 25305 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
ussr medium and heavy are a good start, spend plenty of time reading / watching the various guides out there.

Gremlin182 #4 Posted 20 March 2020 - 02:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63328 battles

Russia and maybe America are reasonable starting nations.

Initially you tend to get mostly light tanks then the lines start splitting and mediums heavies tds etc start to show and each have different playstyles.

There are plenty of guides to the different tanks and videos on youtube showing how to play the different tanks and map guides.

Take it slow try out a few tanks and see what suits you.

Homer_J #5 Posted 20 March 2020 - 10:10 AM

Field Marshal

• 33857 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostiKed_SRB, on 19 March 2020 - 11:59 PM, said:

Type 5 Heavy because I find it fun to play with those tanks,

Forget about it.  There is no fun in that line at the moment.

If you want to bounce enemy shells then take the Maus line.

gunslingerXXX #6 Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14755 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Try out the testserver, its very easy to try different tanks without credit and xp limitations.

Dramya #7 Posted 20 March 2020 - 06:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17468 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

First also try to decide what kind of player you are before you decide on specific tank lines. There are no perfect tank lines, only perfect tanks for a certain playstyle. For instance the IS-7 is a great brawler who can go upclose but lacks gun depression, whereas the Super Conquerer is King of the hill but lacks armor otherwise. Both are viable tanks. 

Alsow,  why limit yourself, just get both :P

Edited by Dramya, 20 March 2020 - 06:36 PM.

facmanpob #8 Posted 21 March 2020 - 12:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5386 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
Stay away from the Japanese heavies!

Russian medium line is fun - the T-34, T-34-85 and T-44 are great tanks (T-43 is the worst of the bunch but even that is OK). Once you get to Tier 9 then they become expensive to play (heaT-54 I’m looking at you!) but still very good.

Russian heavy line is also good, although I’m not enjoying the IS-3 grind. The KV-1, KV-1S and KV-85 were enjoyable.

Italian medium line is also good. I’ve just bought the Standard B and so far there hasn’t been a tank I didn’t enjoy.

Just focus on a couple of lines at the moment and learn how to play them

Also tagged with help, newbie, begginer, tech tree, grind

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users