Can ungrateful fellow players please stop capping out won games?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
275 replies to this topic

chessstud #1 Posted 20 March 2020 - 07:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16679 battles
  • [T0TH] T0TH

You can see the image below. You know what they say about a picture painting a thousand words.

Basically, we were on El Halluf and we were cleaning up a won game. The ISU (the chap at the bottom with 0 damage) and the T29 (1 shot perhaps from his tank) capped out base when there was still 1600 damage to mop up from the enemy team.

I lost wn8, had less damage (therefore credits and experience), and was slightly short of the required damage for my mission. From a more consequentialist perspective, I just don't understand the lack of gratitude from these people. If you have 200 wn8 and zero influence on the game, why would you deny the people who carried the game for you more damage? You should let them clean up the remaining enemy tanks, and just be happy you were on the winning side of the battle. These people are nothing but a hindrance to the team. They don't add anything of value to the rest of the team, and then deny the people that do the maximum amount of damage they can get from the battle. 

Can anyone explain what is going through their tiny brains? If someone can provide me with a semi-decent argument as to why this constantly happens, I would be really grateful. Thanks. 

Edit: I can understand if they have a mission to complete, which I doubt. If they do, they can simply say in the chat "Sorry, mission" unless they are banned by wargaming for using the word oxymoron in the battle chat.

Attached Files

• Attached File   stopcappingwongames.png   775.28K

Edited by Homer_J, 20 March 2020 - 09:50 AM.
Title changed due to insults

Anna_Kalashnikova #2 Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:06 AM

General

• 16924 battles
  • [ST0RM] ST0RM

POPULAR

It sounds a little bit arrogant, if a player expects others to obey his orders. Especially, if the self-appointed commander in chief himself is a rather average player.

Suurpolskija #3 Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:11 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 24613 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostAnna_Kalashnikova, on 20 March 2020 - 09:06 AM, said:

What an arrogant wannabe you are.

^

T4T #4 Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40363 battles
  • [LTGDK] LTGDK

Edited by T4T, 20 March 2020 - 08:15 AM.

Haws #5 Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21998 battles
  • [LMAGS] LMAGS
Whilst I appreciate the sentiment it could have been put more eloquently. Content removed - Homer_J

Edited by Homer_J, 20 March 2020 - 09:34 AM.
Insults

Jauhesammutin #6 Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24171 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View Postchessstud, on 20 March 2020 - 06:41 AM, said:

Can anyone explain what is going through their tiny brains? If someone can provide me with a semi-decent argument as to why this constantly happens, I would be really grateful. Thanks. 

My guess is that they think that they'll get a huge XP/Credit bonus from capping. Which is partially true, they get a small amount from successful capture.

On the other hand they rob XP, credits and medals from everyone else (and XP from themselves since the whole team get's an XP multiplier based on the total damage the team has done).

If you've done 0 damage the whole game then maybe the flat amount from base capture is better than getting an XP multiplier. 10*0 is still 0.

They are selfish players. (assuming of course that there's no capping mission and the game isn't close)

SuperOlsson #7 Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24591 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

View Postchessstud, on 20 March 2020 - 07:41 AM, said:

Edit: I can understand if they have a mission to complete, which I doubt. If they do, they can simply say in the chat "Sorry, mission" unless they are banned by wargaming for using the word oxymoron in the battle chat.

IIRC the capping missions are for light tanks only, and it's rarely the light tanks capping out early.

On topic: I think they are just selfish, and might overestimate their own contribution, "I might have done only 300 damage, but it was really important that someone protects the rear bush over there". Also if they realise that they won't be able to get more damage, I think they're like "Well, if i can't get any more damage, then noone else shall either". Other common explanations is that they don't want to play, as in "I just want to be over with this game, so I can move on to the next". Some use the "I get more exp if I cap", even though cap points give virtually no exp at all (just check on wotreplays how much exp the invader medal with 0 damage gets you).

tajj7 #8 Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29277 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostAnna_Kalashnikova, on 20 March 2020 - 07:06 AM, said:

What an arrogant wannabe you are.

1. Great comment by a moderator. :facepalm:

2. Why has this DUMB comment got likes, when the OP is correct? 

YOUR comment shows how terrible the attitude of the community really is, play like trash, do nothing to contribute to the game, selfish cap out denying the whole team more XP and credits, get defended. The celebration of the terrible. 

Those people who capped are selfish, largely useless and ignorant (unless they have a mission, which is very rare and they can tell the team this).  They are very similar IMO to the people who drown themselves, it's that attitude of well I can't get more damage, so no one else can. It epitomises the selfish 'play for fun, I don;t care if I am useless' attitude that so many players have that is so toxic and is in large part the reason there is much chat toxicity because people are frustrated by players like this. 

It is no coincidence that most players who have a high cap ratio, are terrible at the game and contribute to the team losing more often than not, and then these useless players, when they happen to not to be a big enough burden to make the team lose for once, they burden it by denying people more damage, kills, XP, credits, missions, MOE etc. 

And of course when someone points this out, of course this stupid community defends the terrible players and attacks the guy pointing it out. You couldn't make it up.

Edited by tajj7, 20 March 2020 - 08:56 AM.

Anna_Kalashnikova #9 Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:57 AM

General

• 16924 battles
  • [ST0RM] ST0RM

View PostSuperOlsson, on 20 March 2020 - 08:33 AM, said:

IIRC the capping missions are for light tanks only, and it's rarely the light tanks capping out early.

On topic: I think they are just selfish, and might overestimate their own contribution, "I might have done only 300 damage, but it was really important that someone protects the rear bush over there". Also if they realise that they won't be able to get more damage, I think they're like "Well, if i can't get any more damage, then noone else shall either". Other common explanations is that they don't want to play, as in "I just want to be over with this game, so I can move on to the next". Some use the "I get more exp if I cap", even though cap points give virtually no exp at all (just check on wotreplays how much exp the invader medal with 0 damage gets you).

HT have cap/decap Missions, too.

On Topic: they decided to cap, which is a legitimate move to win the game. They are not breaking any rules. There's no reason for a crypost, by a mediocre player, who had one good match, because his once in a lifetime battle could have been even a bit better.

chessstud #10 Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16679 battles
  • [T0TH] T0TH

View Posttajj7, on 20 March 2020 - 07:53 AM, said:

YOUR comment shows how terrible the attitude of the community really is, play like trash, do nothing to contribute to the game, selfish cap out denying the whole team more XP and credits, get defended. The celebration of the terrible. 

Those people who capped are selfish, largely useless and ignorant (unless they have a mission, which is very rare and they can tell the team this).  They are very similar IMO to the people who drown themselves, it's that attitude of well I can't get more damage, so no one else can. It epitomises the selfish 'play for fun, I don;t care if I am useless' attitude that so many players have that is so toxic and is in large part the reason there is much chat toxicity because people are frustrated by players like this. 

It is no coincidence that most players who have a high cap ratio, are terrible at the game and contribute to the team losing more often than not, and then these useless players, when they happen to not to be a big enough burden to make the team lose for once, they burden it by denying people more damage, kills, XP, credits, missions, MOE etc. 

And of course when someone points this out, of course this stupid community defends the terrible players and attacks the guy pointing it out. You couldn't make it up.

The moderator appears to have a personal issue with me from this thread:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/737955-im-so-close-to-quitting-this-game/

It's hardly surprising from Wargaming staff.

mateyflip #11 Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39489 battles

A wins a wins and theres been plenty of games I've been in were if a cap had been completed we would have won but didn't.

That reminds me I got to upload the greatest loss ever due to non cappers.

What what

__Eric__ #12 Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:06 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37837 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Did you ask them (polite) to reset the cap counter?

If I was in an ISU or a T29, I would also cap. Because those tanks are way to slow to get a Skorp or Pantera.

Spurtung #13 Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:08 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78574 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

So people can only cap if they have a mission and they should tell others about it? Kappa.

If someone is near cap and whatever action left is 700m away, they should be altruistic and not cap because others are not being selfish themselves at all when chasing more "damage, kills, XP, credits, missions, MOE etc."? Really, get off the high horse, that's some skewed double standard you got there.

8126Jakobsson #14 Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:10 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 84712 battles

View Posttajj7, on 20 March 2020 - 08:53 AM, said:

I'd like to make fun of him because his first concern is that he's losing out on wee and eight. 

Spurtung #15 Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:10 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78574 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View Postchessstud, on 20 March 2020 - 08:02 AM, said:

The moderator appears to have a personal issue with me from this thread:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/737955-im-so-close-to-quitting-this-game/

Moderators are not staff.

If you feel you are being treated unjustly, this is really not the place to do it. Either contact another moderator in private, report either post of this moderator or just stfu.

Either way, that moderator, in that thread, did nothing more than being absolutely factual about someone's total number of battles. I can't say I'm surprised you feel targeted, it seems like a recurring theme with you.

By the way, if it rains there today, it's personal.

Edited by Spurtung, 20 March 2020 - 09:29 AM.

TankkiPoju #16 Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:12 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25105 battles
OK I stop it. The problem should be solved now.

Homer_J #17 Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:44 AM

Field Marshal

• 33637 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSuperOlsson, on 20 March 2020 - 07:33 AM, said:

IIRC the capping missions are for light tanks only,

Nope, there are stupid capping missions for at least heavies and I think Mediums too.

Nope, OP is being self entitled.  Something I see too much of in this game.

So he missed out on his mission, tough, should have got that damage done earlier.  That's how it goes.  Capping is part of the game and people are entitled to do it.  We used to have "team mates" shooting you in cap to reset the timer so WG changed the rules so only damage from enemies reset it, and made the team damage penalty double if your team mate was in cap, then removed team damage altogether.

As for missing out on WN8 oh how my heart bleeds for them.  Some imaginary e-peen number will be a tiny bit smaller. :ohmy:

Capping is part of the game, if you win then get over it.  If you lose because people decided to play sitting duck then you may have a point.

View Postchessstud, on 20 March 2020 - 08:02 AM, said:

Moderators are not WG staff.  If you have an issue then direct it to a CM (CM's are WG staff).  Anna is a German mod so the German CM might be your best bet.

Slyspy #18 Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14961 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSpurtung, on 20 March 2020 - 09:08 AM, said:

So people can only cap if they have a mission and they should tell others about it? Kappa.

If someone is near cap and whatever action left is 700m away, they should be altruistic and not cap because others are not being selfish themselves at all when chasing more "damage, kills, XP, credits, missions, MOE etc."? Really, get off the high horse, that's some skewed double standard you got there.

Precisely. Unless you are directly involved in the mop up you'll likely get more xp and definitely more credits by starting the next match more quickly.

Homer_J #19 Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:52 AM

Field Marshal

• 33637 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

If the off topic mud slinging doesn't stop then I will be forced to bring it to a stop.

Some content removed.

shikaka9 #20 Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 76221 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
OMG this is so sad :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users