Player annoyance

campng pinging innaction bot complaining unicum stats

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Game improvement (8 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Would this stop annoyance in World Of Tanks

1. Would pinging be stopped (5 votes [62.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. Would this cause less unnecessary reporting (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Would this create less campin (1 vote [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Would less abusive chat occur (1 vote [12.50%] - View)

5. Would after game insults be stopped (1 vote [12.50%] - View)

Vote Hide poll

SHUFTYCUSH #1 Posted 20 March 2020 - 11:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2922 battles

I have been trying to find somewhere for a few suggestions so please take a few moments and please leave any feedback, it would be interesting for your thoughts on these matters as it effects us all.

Do people think it would be a good idea to add a checkbox in the settings menu that would enable a hotkey to applied to remove the chat list during gameplay. it has now become a constant place of derision and swearing by players during gameplay if another play has not done what someone wants them to do or they do not like what a player is doing. It has become so annoying during gameplay that it removes your attention when someone is constantly using abuse and swearing and orders other players to do what the abuser wants them to do and not what the player themselves wants to do, it is their game after all and not the abusers right to order them what to do, that there is a constant stream of messages on the screen. If a hot key was assigned then people would be able to turn chat on and off at will during play to see if it has stopped and to communicate with other players as to how to possibly continue the battle, this helps us all during play. This is an annoyance as a constant stream of chat can be glimpsed in the corner of the screen as it is constantly updated through comments.

Another suggestion is of the same thread, would it be possible to assign a hotkey that would remove the noise of players continually pinging the mini map. Leave the visual notification appearing but remove the noise as it has now become an overriding noise during gameplay that it is now overpowering the sound effects during game play. There are better things to listen to than someone continually pinging the map to annoy the player in question that it annoys all players on the team.

A third idea, and please read this carefully, is to add a warning to the current pop up box during play to issue a warning to a player that is not taking an active part in battle. This would be an additional choice in the list that would be shown on screen that someone has noticed that a player is not taking an active role in battle. The current wargaming rules are clear and precise about leaving an active battle and connection issues, but this would improve gameplay in a number of ways, so please bear with me.

If a player who takes no part in battle and then at the end takes all the kills that are left, his rewards are great. Credits, XP, Bonds and Medals all stack up be they have taken no part in helping to reduce HP points of the enemy during game play. If the player receives a warning that someone has noticed no action on the players part and they continue to take no part in a battle, then continues to use the inaction/bot complaint, this would show that the player has at no time tried to take part in an active battle. All other players can see they are connected by the shading of the players name in the game list, but some use an excuse of no connection to avoid any action on their part to join a battle, but as stated, wargaming are already monitoring connections during game play. This is quite clearly stated on their website.  The penalty for such actions would be a loss off all the rewards for the battle and a fine of rating and gold for such actions by a player. This would stop falsifying WN8 ratings for players who are not taking part in gameplay by hiking up kill rates but would lead to genuine players who are good at what they do showing that their rating is worth something to show for and is not bolstered by cheating. Genuine unicums would therefore become genuine players at that level and not have false statistics, so making them more elite players that are able show themselves in battle rather than by false stats, this would make the players that have achieved this rating have to take a more active role and prove themselves or their WN8 will drop and it will prove they are not what they claim to be.

SPG's and TD's ,as we all realise sit at the back because of what their role is and so would be exempt to some degree from this action, but wargaming introduced SPG's to stop camping at the back. This did not work as the people SPG's aimed at were the people who had moved at the beginning and were spotted and were therefore killed during the first 30 seconds to a minuet if there were 3 SPG's in the game. This route could also result in the reduction of SPG's to one per side during battle as the campers could now be more inclined to move at the beginning if there was a threat of losing ratings if someone makes a complaint, the players who take action at the beginning are less like to die immediately and players who are unicums will stay at the top of the ratings while the falsifiers drop down, so making them more elite. The penalty for abuse of a system like this, as wargaming say they check all in game complaints, could a loss of rewards to the complainant, so reducing complaints against players for no reason. Wargaming say a check is made on all complaints through there current system so if a player is the only one left out of 4 or 5 on a flank, why should a complaint of inaction/bot be raised if the nearest team player is even out of render range. This could also reduce the number of wheeled vehicles in a battle to 1, as the players camping have no choice but to move. They could still play an active role in gameplay but you would not end up with 2 wheeled vehicles and 3 SPG's in one battle. Players who use wheeled vehicles have them to perform a specific role, say spotting. If a spotter drives around the battlefield once, spots everybody and then retreats to the rear of the map, a team player could issue a warning that they should be doing what they got the vehicle for, spotting, and not camping behind the rest of the team. Light tanks that move up, sit still and spot, can be seen to doing what they are doing, spotting, and so will not be receiving complaints if that is what is happening.

The idea is to have a waring appear on screen that a member of your team, un-named, is not happy with your actions, and that must be stressed UN-HAPPY, and is considering issuing a warning of inaction/bot. This would be a way to stop abuse and swearing in chat and the player would be aware that others are watching their actions. The wargaming process would still be rigidly adhered to and less unfair reporting would occur to players, at least if they knew that no part was being contributed by them on the outcome of a battle.

The final suggestion is can a setting be introduced to turn on/off messaging after a battle, as some players use this to send insults and swear to players because of their actions. This involve abuse of the player, family members and derogatory remarks and swearing. If this is banned in chat then why is it allowed to happen after a battle. I personally am not bothered about other peoples thoughts, I am not playing for their statistics to be enhanced or their enjoyment. I am playing because I want to. I just want to be able to stop people contacting me with messages, after a while the insulters will get the message that messaging may be turned off and the ability to swear and curse at a player may not be there and so reduce, so that at a future date you would be able to reinstate it and reuse it again . This may have been a long tirade but I hope you consider what can be achieved with the suggestions. It could only improve gameplay for all of us and make World Of Tanks a much more enjoyable place for our time and effort. Thank you.

Edited by SHUFTYCUSH, 20 March 2020 - 01:15 PM.
Changed the textsize

DuncaN_101 #2 Posted 20 March 2020 - 11:39 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57299 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Holy poop mate. What a heap of text.

Sorry but this is very hard to read /follow

jabster #3 Posted 20 March 2020 - 11:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12822 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Has anyone got some spare carriage returns?

divsmo #4 Posted 20 March 2020 - 11:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39453 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
OP any chance of using some paragraphs? Or add a TLDR as no way anyones going to read that.

Immensive #5 Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 49724 battles
  • [72861] 72861

No´t every point, but what I read:

- Introduce a hotkey to enable/disable chat during a battle (to keep the team communication open during battle and switch off when someone is pinging/spamming)

- Players that didn´t take part in the game should be punished (Only going for kills for their wn8). An additional punishment system should be introduced. The punishment should be a loss of all rewards for the player during the battle. This would reduce false unicums/elite player. False complains should also be punished by a loss of rewards. Wargaming will check all given complains manually.

- Players are insulting/swearing after the games. There should be an automated system introduced, that is filtering those things. The chat of some ppl will be disabled if they do so. This would reduce the toxicity.

CmdRatScabies #6 Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postjabster, on 20 March 2020 - 11:40 AM, said:

Someone's hoarding them with all the bog rolls.

jabster #7 Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12822 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 20 March 2020 - 11:38 AM, said:

Someone's hoarding them with all the bog rolls.

I knew this wasn’t a good time to go on a pasta only diet.

SHUFTYCUSH #8 Posted 20 March 2020 - 01:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2922 battles

Sorry about that guys, was just trying to get all the thoughts down in wording whilst they were going through my head. Will try and go through it to sort it out. I'm giving it a sort out to try and make it manageable. I've had a go at breaking it down into individual topics I've wanted to raise so please have a go at trying to grasp how we could all have a better time playing the game. Glad to see people at least coming across what I've written down anyway. It was a bit difficult trying to word it so it was easily understood what I was trying to put across to everyone.

Thanks guys.

Edited by SHUFTYCUSH, 20 March 2020 - 01:20 PM.

Homer_J #9 Posted 20 March 2020 - 02:00 PM

Field Marshal

• 33637 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Too many people already think they are the game police.

OP seems to want to be police, judge, jury, and executioner.

I'm interested how someone can "take no active part in the battle" and "take all the kills".  If all you did all battle was take hitpoints off the enemy and leave them alive then you didn't contribute an awful lot to winning yourself.

If chat is a problem then you can turn it off, if a single player is a problem then you can block them for the battle.

One thing I agree on from the whole wall o text is that something needs to be put in place to stop ping spam.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 20 March 2020 - 03:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76382 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

First you say that it's their game and not the abusers telling them what to do. Then you want a warning in their face if they don't "play"? So then your first point is... pointless then or?

Heck if the right play for me is not to yolo, but wait for them to make the mistake mid to late game. I will redline camp HARD. And a popup warning then every 30 sec would be enough for some to lose patience first and throw the game. As that can work both ways. There is the right time to attack, and the right time to wait. And as you said first. It's my game, I don't want "warnings" when the game tells me I'm not playing right. I get enough of those in chat.

SHUFTYCUSH #11 Posted 20 March 2020 - 05:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2922 battles

I really don't think you've read anything right. Just where do I suggest they get a warning if they don't "play" as you state in your comment, would you freely report someone as an inactive/bot if they were in a heavy tank sitting at the back doing nothing whilst you and team mates were in the middle of a battle losing HP, I think you would, and also use chat to get them to take part aswell, so your first comment is..... pointless.. Would you lose HP if an IS7 was watching at the back doing nothing and you could see they were AFK but connected, I don't think so. Where do I suggest you don't do what your choice is, I haven't. If you want to die in the first 30 seconds, your choice it is.

You haven't understood any of that. Where you got the suggestion for a popup warning every 30 seconds I don't know, I suggest you re-read the post, it is the players team mates choice if they decide if a someone is not taking an active part in anything. Like I just said, the option to complain is already an established part of the game and is freely available and used by people for no reason, would you not prefer  something on your screen from your teammates saying " help or you get reported" rather than the first line of annoyance being a report, go back and read what was posted. Team mates quite freely state in chat " ***** your reported "

How you come to the conclusion that the game is telling what to do I have no idea, nor was not in my post. If you are getting a lot of "warnings" in chat then I suggest you look closer to home for why that is happening, there is obviously reason for it, your choice of words, not mine. 

This was not a post for people to spout off and rant, try coming up with a constructive suggestion or way to implement changes to stop the abuse and swearing that is being invented by people to get round the chat restrictions and a way the makes it better for everybody to get on with playing the game rather than seeing constant abuse from people aimed at teammates on screen, or would you rather an instant ban be implemented for someone sending in a unwarranted complaint because a player in a heavy didn't go to C3 and he went to G6 because all heavies are supposed to go to that location without fail. Stuff that. You yourself quoted that you will do want you want to do, why get reported for playing the game YOUR way. I never said that at all in the post. It was a suggestion to prevent reporting, re-read the post, to get people who sit and watch from doing just that. The same goes for abuse of the system, it would cut down on reporting,don't try and force someone to do what you want. As I have already said. Read it again. It is a suggestion for better gameplay.

Edited by SHUFTYCUSH, 20 March 2020 - 05:59 PM.

vixu #12 Posted 20 March 2020 - 06:03 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 46354 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
OP.

1) Players will report you because they can. Most reports are not even voiced in chat.

2) If they "report" you in chat, chances are that they have already used all their reports, or that they want you to feel bad.

Turn off/ignore the chat and be happy. 

AND you don't have to read every message that pops up after the battle. If you played poorly, you already know what to expect in the message. Just close the window :D. Unless, ofc, you WANT to read these messages.

gunslingerXXX #13 Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:22 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 14129 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Ah, I see it now... the hint is in the title :trollface:

shikaka9 #14 Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 76221 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
PL in title on purpose? :) strange it passed filters

Edited by shikaka9, 20 March 2020 - 08:26 PM.

gunslingerXXX #15 Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:48 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 14129 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Postshikaka9, on 20 March 2020 - 08:25 PM, said:

Sssttt, you are spoiling the riddle ;)

Steve8066 #16 Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21089 battles

View Postjabster, on 20 March 2020 - 11:40 AM, said:

here

enough?

24doom24 #17 Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9175 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostSHUFTYCUSH, on 20 March 2020 - 04:45 PM, said:

I really don't think you've read anything right. Just where do I suggest they get a warning if they don't "play" as you state in your comment, would you freely report someone as an inactive/bot if they were in a heavy tank sitting at the back doing nothing whilst you and team mates were in the middle of a battle losing HP, I think you would, and also use chat to get them to take part aswell, so your first comment is..... pointless.. Would you lose HP if an IS7 was watching at the back doing nothing and you could see they were AFK but connected, I don't think so. Where do I suggest you don't do what your choice is, I haven't. If you want to die in the first 30 seconds, your choice it is.

You haven't understood any of that. Where you got the suggestion for a popup warning every 30 seconds I don't know, I suggest you re-read the post, it is the players team mates choice if they decide if a someone is not taking an active part in anything. Like I just said, the option to complain is already an established part of the game and is freely available and used by people for no reason, would you not prefer  something on your screen from your teammates saying " help or you get reported" rather than the first line of annoyance being a report, go back and read what was posted. Team mates quite freely state in chat " ***** your reported "

How you come to the conclusion that the game is telling what to do I have no idea, nor was not in my post. If you are getting a lot of "warnings" in chat then I suggest you look closer to home for why that is happening, there is obviously reason for it, your choice of words, not mine. 

This was not a post for people to spout off and rant, try coming up with a constructive suggestion or way to implement changes to stop the abuse and swearing that is being invented by people to get round the chat restrictions and a way the makes it better for everybody to get on with playing the game rather than seeing constant abuse from people aimed at teammates on screen, or would you rather an instant ban be implemented for someone sending in a unwarranted complaint because a player in a heavy didn't go to C3 and he went to G6 because all heavies are supposed to go to that location without fail. Stuff that. You yourself quoted that you will do want you want to do, why get reported for playing the game YOUR way. I never said that at all in the post. It was a suggestion to prevent reporting, re-read the post, to get people who sit and watch from doing just that. The same goes for abuse of the system, it would cut down on reporting,don't try and force someone to do what you want. As I have already said. Read it again. It is a suggestion for better gameplay.

Please organise what you are trying to say, please. Nobody wants to read a giant wall of text. At least put a TL/DR at the bottom or your posts. 

Edited by 24doom24, 20 March 2020 - 09:21 PM.

Wreckedum #18 Posted 21 March 2020 - 12:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 123363 battles
Like me it would appear OP has picked up Touch Typing Disease

1ucky #19 Posted 21 March 2020 - 01:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 91645 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

For example, if you have 10 different topics to discuss, you could open up 10 different threads, one for each topic.

Instead of mixing everything up in one giant posting and expecting some good might come out of it.

Homer_J #20 Posted 21 March 2020 - 02:29 PM

Field Marshal

• 33637 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postshikaka9, on 20 March 2020 - 07:25 PM, said:

Pretty certain it wasn't like that when I looked yesterday.

Title edited.

Also tagged with campng, pinging, innaction, bot, complaining, unicum, stats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users