OP Prem Tanks

Defender OP ruin gameplay Premium

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Poll: Shoud OP tanks be nerfed/erased (109 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Yes, they ruin the gameplay

1. yes (61 votes [55.96%])

Percentage of vote: 55.96%

2. no, its fine and should stay like it is (48 votes [44.04%])

Percentage of vote: 44.04%

Vote Hide poll

24doom24 #61 Posted 27 March 2020 - 01:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9466 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View Posttajj7, on 27 March 2020 - 08:17 AM, said:

Most of them aren't OP and some are downright awful (Panther 88, CDC etc.)

Most truly Op ones IMO would be like the Defender, IS-3A, Progetto, maybe 703 v2, and TS-5 produces some absurd statistics despite it's drawbacks (it's similar the to the T95 and Torty, these tanks are too strong for the meta and their weaknesses of speed and lack of turret are protected too much by the maps).

Other stuff like the LT-432 and EBR 75 are claimed to be OP but they perform similarly to the Even 90, which I could never call OP with it's terrible gun. 

Plenty are better than many tech tree tanks, but then there are OP tech tree tanks like the VK 100.01P that rivals the Defender for win rate boost, despite the defender having the premium status so better crews and no stock grind. 

? How the hell is the IS-3A good? It's trash. Also the defender is powercreeped, it's only good against low tiers and complete noobs. Against tier 9 and up it gets nuked through the turret front. It also has poor gun handling and accuracy. 440 alpha was special on tier 8 back then but now it's very common. 

Yes thats because the VK has better armour, but it's slow af which is why it isn't completely OP. 

Also the LT-432 and EBR would crush the even any day of the week. The EBR and LT have phenomenal gun handling, the EBR has broken wheels and good HE and better mobility.  And the LT-432 had a magic turret. 

Edited by 24doom24, 27 March 2020 - 01:15 PM.

_SpartanWarrior_ #62 Posted 27 March 2020 - 04:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39639 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ

People still keep crying about 252u being OP. I will personally slap you through my screen for real.

IS-3A is garbage. T34, Mauer, Even, Pants8,8 , JG8,8 , 112 , WZ-111, SuperPershing , CDC , FV4202 , 59-Patton , etc... are ALL garbage.

252U is not OP and not OP. Against T6 yeah,but T7 T8 T9 and T10 not so. In T6, its OP. T7 weh-meh. T8 balanced. T9 Lost lil power. T10 Powercreep.

murn123 #63 Posted 27 March 2020 - 04:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13497 battles

View Post24doom24, on 27 March 2020 - 01:13 PM, said:

? How the hell is the IS-3A good? It's trash. Also the defender is powercreeped, it's only good against low tiers and complete noobs. Against tier 9 and up it gets nuked through the turret front. It also has poor gun handling and accuracy. 440 alpha was special on tier 8 back then but now it's very common. 

Yes thats because the VK has better armour, but it's slow af which is why it isn't completely OP. 

Also the LT-432 and EBR would crush the even any day of the week. The EBR and LT have phenomenal gun handling, the EBR has broken wheels and good HE and better mobility.  And the LT-432 had a magic turret. 

I love how people defend their defender tank by saying "but but tier 9 tanks can kill it". At that point you are just proving how badly defender deserves a nerf. Nerf its dpm to 1600 and nerf lower plate to 180mm of effective armor. I cannot believe that lower plate has more armor than tiger 2 toughest point. Get the hell out of here defending that overpowered tank. On tank curves it is still miles ahead of anything new wargaming put out for example E75TS - powercreep my [edited].

But the problem when it comes to nerfing premium tanks is entirely different. Wargaming cannot nerf a premium tank. For example if they accidentally sold is-7 as tier 8 premium and 1000 people bought it before it was taken from the shop, wargaming would not be able to take away that tank or nerf it or whatever. Reason: because that means dolling out cash like crazy (lawsuits or compensations take your pic). And wargaming is just too greed for that. The root of the problem in wargaming game design is greed.

PS:

Innapropriate_Username, on 27 April 2019 - 07:00 AM, said:

Argue with that picture if you can.

Edited by murn123, 27 March 2020 - 04:50 PM.

murn123 #64 Posted 27 March 2020 - 04:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13497 battles

View Post_SpartanWarrior_, on 27 March 2020 - 03:48 AM, said:

Now again, TL;DR here.

I voted "they are fine" and i see 49 PLAYERS VOTING THAT THEY NEED A NERF

Now my head hurts. Come on,list what tanks are OP? Chrysler K,yeah I agree,it needs a nerf

EBR (all of them need a nerf or COMPLETE REMOVAL) this is WORLD OF TANKS and EBR is a ARMORED FIGHTING VEHICLE (AFV)

When i see people saying that 252U/Defender is OP,i want to slap them through the screen.

0.40 (or so) Dispersion,3sec+ Aiming time, and massive weakspots (Hatches are 100mm,massive lowerplate) and weh-meh mobility.

Some of them even need a buff. Senlac,FV4202 (completely opposed by 5/1 RAAC),T34,Super Pershing,Pilot 1 and the list goes on.

Are you like the one guy that cannot make defender work ???

Mr_Burrows #65 Posted 27 March 2020 - 05:54 PM

Major

• Player
  • 52205 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View Postmurn123, on 27 March 2020 - 04:54 PM, said:

Are you like the one guy that cannot make defender work ???

I am the second guy that cannot make it work. Xp-piníata when I "drive" it. But that does not mean it is not stupidly strong for its tier. Murazor and his shady deeds shall stay with WG for a very long time. 

_SpartanWarrior_ #66 Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39639 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ

Its not XP Pinata,but its not OP and its not Powercreeped.

Against T10 yeah it is Powercreeped,but below T10 not so.

Pathethicc_Noob #67 Posted 27 March 2020 - 09:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38952 battles

When I play defender in good MM, I feel sometimes like this. Especially when enemies shoot APs.

24doom24 #68 Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9466 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View Postmurn123, on 27 March 2020 - 03:36 PM, said:

I love how people defend their defender tank by saying "but but tier 9 tanks can kill it". At that point you are just proving how badly defender deserves a nerf. Nerf its dpm to 1600 and nerf lower plate to 180mm of effective armor. I cannot believe that lower plate has more armor than tiger 2 toughest point. Get the hell out of here defending that overpowered tank. On tank curves it is still miles ahead of anything new wargaming put out for example E75TS - powercreep my [edited].

But the problem when it comes to nerfing premium tanks is entirely different. Wargaming cannot nerf a premium tank. For example if they accidentally sold is-7 as tier 8 premium and 1000 people bought it before it was taken from the shop, wargaming would not be able to take away that tank or nerf it or whatever. Reason: because that means dolling out cash like crazy (lawsuits or compensations take your pic). And wargaming is just too greed for that. The root of the problem in wargaming game design is greed.

PS:

Argue with that picture if you can.

Good job comparing it to one of the shittiest tier 8s. 

Also that "magic" white part in your nice little ms paint picture is impenetrable because it's at an auto-ricochet angle, no magic there. From my experience the defender sides are really easy to pen since shells ricochet into the side armour from that angle. 

The defender isn't as good as it was back when it was released. Hulldown it gets penned through the turret like butter. The IS-3 has a better turret. 

murn123 #69 Posted 28 March 2020 - 11:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13497 battles

View Post24doom24, on 28 March 2020 - 12:10 AM, said:

Good job comparing it to one of the shittiest tier 8s. 

Also that "magic" white part in your nice little ms paint picture is impenetrable because it's at an auto-ricochet angle, no magic there. From my experience the defender sides are really easy to pen since shells ricochet into the side armour from that angle. 

The defender isn't as good as it was back when it was released. Hulldown it gets penned through the turret like butter. The IS-3 has a better turret. 

God i love how people think they can argue their way out of stats. Let me introduce you to wot tank curves: 

Argue against statistics LOL    Some of you just dont get it do you. Defender is OP is a matter of fact, as is the fact that if you jump up you will fall down. End of story.

PS: E75 is a tier 9 and by a lot of players is considered at least an okey tank. Go back to first day of school and learn how to read.

Edited by murn123, 29 March 2020 - 12:30 PM.

ZlatanArKung #70 Posted 28 March 2020 - 11:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View PostMr_Burrows, on 22 March 2020 - 06:19 PM, said:

Then Defender is not OP, because I suck in it... 

I see you didn't understand what I wrote, or you did understand and choosed to ignore it.

Though I can make a short comment to make it more clear.

If there exists player segments who overperform in a tank, then that tank is OP.

Note that player segments is not regering to any individual player. Also note that the refutation of this argument is 'if no player segments exist who overperform in that tank', then that tank is not OP'

Edited by ZlatanArKung, 29 March 2020 - 12:07 AM.

BravelyRanAway #71 Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25355 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostZlatanArKung, on 28 March 2020 - 10:52 PM, said:

I see you didn't understand what I wrote, or you did understand and choosed to ignore it.

That was called........humour.

zamenik #72 Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:48 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 13620 battles
They "just" have to reduce armor of lower plate of Defender to ~200mm and it will be fine. In Frontline mode it's OPness is at the peak, because of the same tier MM and players(usually) don't spam gold ammo. I love how even though it has pike nose, armor is still insane when getting shot from the appropriate angle.

Edited by zamenik, 29 March 2020 - 02:48 AM.

wEight_Tanker #73 Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13039 battles
  • [D_L_Z] D_L_Z

I mean, sure, the Defender has ridiculous armor, but then again, It's not even that OP. I can't say that its gun handling works bad since I've been shot by many a lot of times from silly locations, distances, into weak spots, even multiple times. Unless I start playing it, I won't say that the gun handling is unreliable. Anyway, I kind of find it easy to defeat, even if it sidescrapes. It's got cupolas a lot easier to hit than the IS-3's. Especially when it hugs a dead tank really near you. Obliterated that thing many times when bottom or mid tier. But then again, there are situations where you can't defeat it like that, but it can defeat you, no matter how well you do your influence in the battle.

Also, the LT-432. C'mon... Nobody talks about it?

Edited by wEight_Tanker, 29 March 2020 - 03:01 AM.

Pathethicc_Noob #74 Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38952 battles
Sure if you want we can talk about stronk rasha light tanks. LT-432 is another tier 8,5. It's ridiculous how it has -7 gun dep when you look at it, but sekrit rasha teknology komrade. But its still LT and can only possibly abuse its ridiculous size and camo on rather few maps. Defender should have bad accuracy but meanwhile mine hits most of the shots over half the map sometimes even snapshots. Sure then you have one battle when the gun misses tank few metres in front of you but that just means the crew is getting sobber and they have to open another vodka. Accuracy stat in this game is just a joke.

Mr_Burrows #75 Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:20 AM

Major

• Player
  • 52205 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostZlatanArKung, on 28 March 2020 - 11:52 PM, said:

Though I can make a short comment to make it more clear.

If there exists player segments who overperform in a tank, then that tank is OP.

Note that player segments is not regering to any individual player. Also note that the refutation of this argument is 'if no player segments exist who overperform in that tank', then that tank is not OP'

I see that you, dear, did not bother to even read the entire post... 

tajj7 #76 Posted 29 March 2020 - 08:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29556 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Post24doom24, on 27 March 2020 - 12:13 PM, said:

LOL, IS-3A, Defender and VK are all OP, they boost most players WRs by 3-4% easily, they are idiot proof.

If you can't use 1k burst in 6s with then a normal reload afterwards so no penalty for that burst, then you have no clue how to play.

Tier 9s do not go through Defender turret front easily, what planet are you on? It's 250 effective in small spots, which is less than 50/50 for an average tier 9 gun and the rest is 400 effective. Plus it's a tier 8, it shows how ridiculous the tank is that you try to claim it's power crept because tier 9s MIGHT be able to pen it and even then you are talking nonsense. 

LT-432 and EBR don't come close to those tanks, they are both lights, very good ones but still have low hit points, low alpha, low pen (on both rounds, they won't have a hope of penning Defenders and Vks frontally even with premium) and no armour. They are nowhere near the unforgiving idiot proof tanks those 3 heavies are, even with a big skill gap, those tanks are hard to deal with let alone average player v average player.

The game also is not 1v1 battles, imagined perfect scenarios where a mobile tank can flank round an OP armoured tank is the same stupid excuse WG themselves used to excuse how OP the Defender is, saying a good player in TVP VTU would be an average Defender, it nonsense and doesn't reflect the reality of the game.

Those 3 heavies are some of the most OP tank on tier 8, defending them is hilarious. 

Edited by tajj7, 29 March 2020 - 08:25 AM.

Also tagged with Defender, OP, ruin, gameplay, Premium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users