41 replies to this topic

Mac1eJU #1 Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:49 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19099 battles
  • [NOFIR] NOFIR

Ranked Battle Discussion Thread.

My review of Ranked Battle.

This ranked Battle is competitive mode for full focus which players want become top player of the ranked battle mode, honestly this very rubbish mode ever my life because there lots of artys in every mm 2+ this actually destroyed people mood. If none artys people will have fun this mode and too manys same tanks for example Progetto 65 SO ANNOYING TANKS WITH AUTOLOADER RUSH TO KILL ME!

I hear lots of people complaining about T95/FV4201 and Object 279 Early for Re-balance OP tank in ranked. Honestly both of tanks are not OP. cause of they are pro players for has experience good skills at this games, imagine, If no T95/FV4201 and Object 279 Early will be worst things too many S.Conq and other good medium tanks. You need understand that really tank is...     

Advantage : Good reward gold, tank, credits and etc. 

Disvantage : Theirs many artys keep focus to me over 2 and 3 artys in mm and many same tanks over 5+.

Need improving ranked : Remove 2 and 3 artys and limited the under 3 same tanks.

How is ranked battle? Feedback here.

Note : just don't care of my english, if you read it as well.

Spurtung #2 Posted 22 March 2020 - 02:39 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78661 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

Do you have a replay with 3 arties in a team in ranked?

Asking for a friend.

Mac1eJU #3 Posted 22 March 2020 - 03:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19099 battles
  • [NOFIR] NOFIR

View PostSpurtung, on 22 March 2020 - 01:39 AM, said:

Asking for a friend.

Yeah. Mostly 2 artys. 

Spurtung #4 Posted 22 March 2020 - 04:21 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78661 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostMac1eJU, on 22 March 2020 - 02:01 AM, said:

View PostSpurtung, on 22 March 2020 - 01:39 AM, said:

Asking for a friend.

Yeah. Mostly 2 artys. 

You do? Excellent!

Mind sharing it?

Mac1eJU #5 Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19099 battles
  • [NOFIR] NOFIR

View PostSpurtung, on 22 March 2020 - 03:21 AM, said:

You do? Excellent!

Mind sharing it?

Why I would do this? Thank you for waste my time cause of you are arty player. 

Kangal_really_heckin #6 Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 479 battles
  • [MAPET] MAPET

View PostMac1eJU, on 22 March 2020 - 12:49 AM, said:

Ranked Battle Discussion Thread.

My review of Ranked Battle.

This ranked Battle is competitive mode for full focus which players want become top player of the ranked battle mode, honestly this very rubbish mode ever my life because there lots of artys in every mm 2+ this actually destroyed people mood. If none artys people will have fun this mode and too manys same tanks for example Progetto 65 SO ANNOYING TANKS WITH AUTOLOADER RUSH TO KILL ME!

I hear lots of people complaining about T95/FV4201 and Object 279 Early for Re-balance OP tank in ranked. Honestly both of tanks are not OP. cause of they are pro players for has experience good skills at this games, imagine, If no T95/FV4201 and Object 279 Early will be worst things too many S.Conq and other good medium tanks. You need understand that really tank is...     

Advantage : Good reward gold, tank, credits and etc. 

Disvantage : Theirs many artys keep focus to me over 2 and 3 artys in mm and many same tanks over 5+.

Need improving ranked : Remove 2 and 3 artys and limited the under 3 same tanks.

How is ranked battle? Feedback here.

Note : just don't care of my english, if you read it as well.

Strongest agree with you. This mode really huge problem with artys and lots of same tanks. You did it well correctly... I am very mad with artys so clicker like a lazy [edited].

Edited by Homer_J, 22 March 2020 - 09:02 PM.
Swearing

1ucky #7 Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 91769 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

Alright but what's the point?

Exclude arty and autoloaders from Ranked, next season??

I wouldn't even mind, as long as the rules are the same for everyone, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Maybe reduce arty to max 1 per team, rather? As a more reasonable proposal... Feels like there must be a bunch of threads like this already though.

tajj7 #8 Posted 22 March 2020 - 07:48 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

My main problem is the problem since the very start, your progress is personal, but still heavily linked to the team, so get a ran of bad teams and you won't progress and most likely go backwards.

And the people that often get rewarded when the team loses, are those that cause the loss in the first place, those passive players who hard camp when the team needs to push to take advantage of an opening, instead you get 5 or 6 members of your team who basically refuse to play, letting the team die, hoarding their HP and then (because often they are Progettos) clipping out before they get surrounded to save a chevron.

I'd agree Progettos are the most annoying tanks in the mode, not really because of the tank itself, but they seem to be the ones most often played in this passive 'save a chevron, but make the team lose' way.  9/10 if you are frustrated about how useless a team mate is camping at the back, it'll be someone in a Progetto. 

They need to fundamentally change the reward/progress system, as I said before you should more IMO have personal goals over a set number of games for your tank, more like missions over a run of games like 5 or 10 or something that you need to hit so you are less dependent on the result of one game. Rather than a chevron system where you can be steamrolled 15-1 (which are more common in ranked) you dared to try win the game, got some damage but lose out on top 5 because some Progetto who corner camped the whole game got off one clip of damage before the end. Especially with RNG as well where the XP is so close in games like that, it can come down to 1-2 shots of damage that makes you miss out on top 5, which can just be pure RNG, you miss/bounce full aimed shots, whilst the other guy snaps but hits and pens all his. 

Edited by tajj7, 22 March 2020 - 07:50 AM.

Spurtung #9 Posted 22 March 2020 - 08:12 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78661 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostMac1eJU, on 22 March 2020 - 04:01 AM, said:

Why I would do this? Thank you for waste my time cause of you are arty player. 

There's a limit of 2 SPGs per team in RB.

You claim to get focused by 3.

You double down saying you can prove it because you have replays.

When asked for them, you change subject.

See the issue to your credibility when you basically moan about how autoloaders and arties focus you, surely the best player ever to be playing in RB?

splash_time #10 Posted 22 March 2020 - 08:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Spoiler

I definitely agree with you, also they shouldn't ban special/reward tanks from playing in RB, but limit them in teams.... like once I had a game which enemy team had 3 chieftains, and 2 279s while we had regular tech tree tanks, one 260 and one chieftain on campinovka, we reached the hill first, but they rushed like if we weren't there.... That's really unfiar.

And chevron system is BS, seriously, the one who deals the highest damage become top? If so? I'll just grind Strv 103B and camp behind to farm damage. 

Let's not forget the tanks, WG says e3 and v4 are brawler TDs, indeed, but never mentioned others, or other medium tanks and HTs. What I mean is, they said Leo 1 can snipe from far, but when I play M60 (basically the same playstyle) from long range and deal 2.8k damage in a winning battle, mostly I get in last 5? This is unfair system. 

Next, maps, some of the maps (Himmels, redshire and mountain pass) are awful to play, as most of you know how these maps have one sided positions that if you reach them, the other team is just going to lose.

I'm not complaining or blaming anyone, but I just wish if WG can fix these issues.

Edited by splash_time, 22 March 2020 - 08:42 AM.

Spurtung #11 Posted 22 March 2020 - 08:43 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78661 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View Postsplash_time, on 22 March 2020 - 07:37 AM, said:

Let's not forget the tanks, WG says e3 and v4 are brawler TDs, indeed, but never mentioned others, or other medium tanks and HTs. What I mean is, they said Leo 1 can snipe from far, but when I play M60 (basically the same playstyle) from long range a deal 2.8k damage in a winning battle, mostly I get in last 5? This is unfair system. 

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/content/guide/ranked_battles_guide/#vehicle_roles

splash_time #12 Posted 22 March 2020 - 08:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Thank you, I guess I read the wrong article. 

Spurtung #13 Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:04 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78661 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View Postsplash_time, on 22 March 2020 - 07:53 AM, said:

Thank you, I guess I read the wrong article. 

That one is linked in the one you probably read, under the frame around dates and schedules for this season.

Ilknur_Ibryam #14 Posted 22 March 2020 - 10:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15359 battles

You guys may have been tired of my comments. But with the OP base camping spots, do you expect different. The mode needs to change first to encounter only, then probably to 10v10 or 7v7.

Last season I played a lot bat chat and had a success. I was just doing a lap of spots and in a first sight of things going wrong I went back to snipe and farm damage and eventually clip someone in the end if we are losing.

An encounter mode would force me be at the battle.

ValkyrionX_TV #15 Posted 22 March 2020 - 02:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• 56400 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View Posttajj7, on 22 March 2020 - 07:48 AM, said:

My main problem is the problem since the very start, your progress is personal, but still heavily linked to the team

:(

8126Jakobsson #16 Posted 22 March 2020 - 03:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 85077 battles

It's quite common to see players that have completed the grind play arty. I like to think that they didn't enjoy the ride and now want to make others suffer.

Speaking of clicking I think I'll do some bonus battles by chilling in the sky as well. Maybe warm up that new CGC of mine.   

gunslingerXXX #17 Posted 22 March 2020 - 08:04 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 14168 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostKangal_really_heckin, on 22 March 2020 - 05:08 AM, said:

Strongest agree with you. This mode really huge problem with artys and lots of same tanks. You did it well correctly... I am very mad with artys so clicker like a lazy [edited].

Is this an alt account of the OP? Engish looks very similar to me

Flavortown #18 Posted 22 March 2020 - 08:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17314 battles
  • [R4YD] R4YD

Its really just a glorified grind fest and it has nothing to do with actual rankings.

Tho it would be more enjoyable if they limited arty to none, but since thats apparently "not fair" for the differently abled im cool with 1 being the limit

Edit. also leave it to wg to force you to grind 2 things at the same time when they dont contribute to each other (bb)

Edited by Flavortown, 22 March 2020 - 08:41 PM.

LethalWalou #19 Posted 22 March 2020 - 10:28 PM

Major

• Player
  • 34847 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostFlavortown, on 22 March 2020 - 07:39 PM, said:

Edit. also leave it to wg to force you to grind 2 things at the same time when they dont contribute to each other (bb)

Valintojen maailma as they say in our language. You basically choose what to do. It would be quite dumb to stop everything else for a ranked season as nowhere near everyone plays ranked. So that's why there is another event for those people who don't want or can't play ranked. I do assume you talk about tankrewards here btw, since Battle Pass isn't even a grind, it rewards normal playing over 3 months.

TakoezaEU #20 Posted 22 March 2020 - 11:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 44909 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
The Ranked Battles concept is a very nice idea but in real life, the teams in this mode are just as broken as those in randoms due to an unfixable MM. I have been in a battle where only 1 side had a wheeled tank. I have played MANY ranked battles where the outcomes were 15-6 and below. I just played one where we won 15-3. My tank was too slow to keep up with my team slicing through the "well-balanced enemy" team. I ended up doing zero-damage and thus staying on my level and not advancing. Great! This kind of battle is not very rewarding and so I tend not to play Ranked for long. This means the teams are not balanced enough. Your average player will never be able to "complete" the ranked battle mode to reap all the rewards. I dare Wargaming to show us an average Joe that will make it all the way through the new ranked battle season to get all the rewards. The idea of letting you qualify for Ranked is a nice one but after that, the team mixes are so messed up it is very difficult to advance past the 9th shield for the average player, which I am. You get shown the shield the players are on at the start of the battle, so how is it possible that shields 13, 11 and 10 are in a game with shields 8 and 7? Is the idea not to try and group similarly skilled players in the teams to make it a fair fight? Putting shield 13 and 7 against each other is worse than a +3 / -3 tier split in randoms. The tanks might be similar but the skill level is not. It is very frustrating to go up and down after shield 9 and after 20 games you are still on shield 9. After every Ranked season, they tweak something because they know this mode is not 100% yet. It is still broken and does need some serious adjusting to make it fun to play for the average person. Who wants to keep playing a game that frustrates you and in which you cannot or struggle to advance?     

Also tagged with Ranked, Battle, Ranked Battle, Mode, Arty, Tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users