AMX 12t<3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic

Poll: AMX 12t<3 (313 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Which tier should it be put with?

1. Tier 10 and down? (8 votes [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

2. Tier 9 and down? (9 votes [2.88%])

Percentage of vote: 2.88%

3. Tier 8 and down? (112 votes [35.78%])

Percentage of vote: 35.78%

4. Tier 7 and down? (126 votes [40.26%])

Percentage of vote: 40.26%

5. Tier 6 and down? (58 votes [18.53%])

Percentage of vote: 18.53%

Vote Hide poll

Vahal #101 Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16075 battles
  • [BIMA] BIMA
AMX-12t is a nice tank crippled intentionnaly by Wargaming, and thos flaws they included kill the fun. Come on if it has +5-3° depression it's amazing.  <_<

They KNOW it's NOT a scout. Why give it MEDIUM hp value if they wanted to make the AMX-12-13 scouts? They are tiny medium tanks without armor and fast ROF gun. The mobility is way worse than scouts, the camo too and view range is worse. So the MM value is pointless.

check ROF of 75L70 on PzIV, it's 3.84s reloading time. Check ROF on M4 with 76 M1A1 it's 3.33 in worse case, on AMX-12t it's 2s for six shots and then 13.68s of barillet reloading. Assuming you have to aim (75SA49 has 2s aiming time) you cant fire each 2s, usually it's closer than 3 due to the crappy REAL aiming speed so the 12t asset is only an asset against tanks who are surprised or unable to retaliate (cant fire on it or reloading, frenchs really fear other frenchs  :lol: ) and the 108mm pen has really big trouble to pass those 2 tanks even it's noticed "108mm" my reticle is almost always orange when I check M4 or PzIV (with stupidturm) front. in comparizon they just have to point their guns on me.

With AMX12t you CANT simply face anything. A leopard will bitch you in dogfight if you're not careful, same and worse with T-50 serie who can turn you as toy (crappy accuracy + max traverse = reticle wider than the blackholes between the ears of Lindsay Lohan  <_< )

If you know the so numerous flaws of your tank and the assets it has too, you can play it and have fun, but god! fix some of thoses issues! :angry:

RokRoland #102 Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13996 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET
The depression/elevation is frustrating, as is acceleration. But the point of the six shooter is to get into a place where you can pummel away and hit without having to even aim. The camo is fine too in my opinion, it does a swell job of hiding in a bush. One recent good game, thanks to patience, I managed to kill a Pershing, SU-100 and Hummel by my lonesome, then damage and distract the remaining 5 enemies thanks to being patient in the start, not rushing and not pushing. What seemed like a certain defeat at 7-11 turned to 15-11 win.

But then it's a smokers tank for sure, if you get in a bad match drive out to a remote bush for spotting, come back 4 minutes later to attack the weakened enemy from a direction they don't expect. You need a lot of patience and waiting with that thing in high tier matches (but you don't have to be a smoker if you like to just watch blips on minimap for minutes on end).

Vahal #103 Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16075 battles
  • [BIMA] BIMA
bush are more or less working like total cover (wall) so it's not tank dependant.

BrianDuffy #104 Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7674 battles
I find this sort of thread interesting; they point out a few things fairly consistently to me:

1. It takes time to learn how to play a tank and crew training makes a LOT of difference - 100% crew is the only way to achieve the posted stats of a vehicle and without them you will suffer
2. Not every tank suits every player - heavy players may not like the fragility of lights, light players may not like the lack of mobility of heavies etc.
3. Not every player plays this game for the same reason - some aim for top tier, some are happy to run around getting blown up, some play fairly seriously and keep their eye on their game stats

I know the above are all pretty obvious but it was just something that struck me.

I am looking forward to the AMX12 (only 2K exp to go on my rubber ducky!) simply because I quite enjoy running around in glass cannons

Keep tanking
:Smile_honoring:

Vahal #105 Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16075 battles
  • [BIMA] BIMA
the 12t (and biggers) are not really light in WoT meaning. they are medium with no armor, slightly better speed and bit better agility, and of course barillet gun. they are ambushed opportunist scavanger bastards, killing (badly)damaged tanks and defenceless TD/arty. playing them in other way is fast manner to come back on garage. it's not a tank to fair combat and duel where ppl circle eachother while firing, it come in your back while you are reloading your heavy gun, and usually are damaged (enough to be killed in one barillet) and he spank you suddenly, retreating if it bounces too much or miss. Before dust falls your tank is turned as wreck and the little bastard is far.

DeathByDribbling #106 Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28806 battles
This tank is so low to the ground I think it should get a cammo boost in long grass.  Was driving though it today and all you could see was the top of the turret.

Siphersh #107 Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4314 battles
I voted for "tier 9 and down".

For the record, out of my last 100 battles, the highest tier vehicle was

- tier 8: in 40 battles,
- tier 9: in 28 battles,
- tier 7: in 25 battles, and
- tier 6: in  7 battles.

I would be satisfied with just 7 tier-9 battles out of 100 instead of 28, but I would miss the variety if there were no tier 9 battles at all.

That's when there are tanks you cannot damage, meaning that you don't have to fire at them. It's different from the other battle tiers. Different tactics. Variety is good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users