Jump to content


New Balance Features in Update 1.9


  • Please log in to reply
636 replies to this topic

TheArk_2014 #561 Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:44 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 69265 battles
  • 1,839
  • [_ARK_] _ARK_
  • Member since:
    01-03-2014

View PostLethalWalou, on 26 March 2020 - 05:42 PM, said:

 

So, did you finally understand it?

 

Really? That is your conclusion?

 

:facepalm:

 

OMG


Edited by TheArk_2014, 26 March 2020 - 06:44 PM.


LethalWalou #562 Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:52 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34826 battles
  • 2,490
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostTheArk_2014, on 26 March 2020 - 05:44 PM, said:

 

Really? That is your conclusion?

 

:facepalm:

 

OMG

 

So I take it that you didn't understand the answer then. I shall repeat it then, again...

I am against this whole whining for compensation because

A) You aren't losing anything, you just want free stuff which you try to justify with nonsense.

B) The player base once again shows it's entitled attitude; all the whining, raging and mainly insulting going on by several people who demand compensation. That behaviour doesn't deserve to be rewarded again and it would set another dangerous precedence if it was rewarded.

C) I thought I could think of a third one but the first one already summarizes it pretty well and the second supports it even further.



BeardedCaveman #563 Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:04 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 35716 battles
  • 24
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    12-12-2013

View PostLethalWalou, on 26 March 2020 - 05:52 PM, said:

 

.......

sorry but, you are just unbelievable, and overreacting....go change panties, drink a bier, take a pill, relax...we mean no harm, we come in peace...didn't mean to disrespect...bye


Edited by BeardedCaveman, 26 March 2020 - 07:11 PM.


Ciki_el_Tigre #564 Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:09 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 68514 battles
  • 181
  • [WP_OS] WP_OS
  • Member since:
    12-01-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 26 March 2020 - 02:23 PM, said:

 

eekeeboo's stream on the sandbox was very clear that they had reward vehicle status and gold coloured name in game.

 

But that is sandbox and always subject to change.

 

A very logical question must be posed here:  Did eekeeboo do it by accident, or with intent?



LethalWalou #565 Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:18 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34826 battles
  • 2,490
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostBeardedCaveman, on 26 March 2020 - 06:04 PM, said:

sorry but, you are just unbelievable, and overreacting....go change panties, drink a bier, take a pill, relax...we mean no harm, we come in peace...didn't mean to disrespect...bye

 

You're directing your pompous comment to the wrong person.

I'm not the one raging and throwing insults while demanding compensations, that would be the person I originally quoted. I'm reacting rationally and sensibly to what is going on.

I'm losing absolutely nothing in this whole thing so there is no need for compensation. And the situation definitely does not warrant raging, whining and insulting.



NastyWorm #566 Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:32 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 28802 battles
  • 1
  • [1-OB] 1-OB
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

View PostLethalWalou, on 26 March 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

 

Do you always get your panties in such a twist when someone in the world gets for example a discount on an item you bought for full price, or gets something for free that you paid for?

You aren't losing anything, absolutely nothing, so there is no need for a compensation. You're just in a rage that some other people, after a long time, get something done easier.

discount can be for credits/silver coints !

what if i payed my premium time to grind those lines  ? - so they get dicout  in  that also? i lost  premium time they would not (interesting type of discount)

and not for time we spent during  grind !  - another interesting discount ,  a discount in real time 

+ discount in exp  , "only" 259.000 exp discount 

 let me ask you something, when you go to store to buy  stuff do you need your time+car/gasoline and effort to go there or you just pay over  an  "air" and all that stuff just pop up in your room?



LethalWalou #567 Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:37 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34826 battles
  • 2,490
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostNastyWorm, on 26 March 2020 - 07:32 PM, said:

discount can be for credits/silver coints !

what if i payed my premium time to grind those lines  ? - so they get dicout  in  that also? i lost  premium time they would not (interesting type of discount)

and not for time we spent during  grind !  - another interesting discount ,  a discount in real time 

+ discount in exp  , "only" 259.000 exp discount 

 let me ask you something, when you go to store to buy  stuff do you need your time+car/gasoline and effort to go there or you just pay over  an  "air" and all that stuff just pop up in your room?

 

Thank you for confirming that it's purely just jealousy of someone else getting the same stuff for less effort, like any discount for example works... Yet people don't go whining and insulting the customer support in some store when someone got to buy the same item for less price. Here in this player base people think it's the normal reaction, to go whine, rage and insult on the forums over someone else getting a discount on things... Once again, compensation is for situations where something is taken away from you, as in you lose something. And once again, you do not lose anything.



MeGaBigBoy #568 Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:07 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 34944 battles
  • 13
  • [G-MAD] G-MAD
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011

View PostLethalWalou, on 26 March 2020 - 08:37 PM, said:

 

Thank you for confirming that it's purely just jealousy of someone else getting the same stuff for less effort, like any discount for example works... Yet people don't go whining and insulting the customer support in some store when someone got to buy the same item for less price. Here in this player base people think it's the normal reaction, to go whine, rage and insult on the forums over someone else getting a discount on things... Once again, compensation is for situations where something is taken away from you, as in you lose something. And once again, you do not lose anything.

 

Just to make it clear: you do not undestand the situation. At all. I don't care if they make it available for everyone. It is not jealousy.

BUT

WG is taking away my time spent on the grinds, my premium accoun during the grinds, my grinded xp on those tanks. All my efforts.

So as you said, when something is taken away, compensation needs to be there.

 


Edited by MeGaBigBoy, 26 March 2020 - 09:07 PM.


Mr_Deo #569 Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:27 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 45931 battles
  • 2,051
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    01-30-2012

View PostLethalWalou, on 26 March 2020 - 05:23 PM, said:

 

It's quite clear that many here don't understand that they aren't losing anything. And the playerbase once again shows the entitled attitude it has to things. They aren't losing anything yet they want compensation and they will rage, whine and mainly insult if they don't get what they want... I personally truly wish WG won't reward this whining and insulting once again. The player base needs to learn to behave, for once. We all get way too much free stuff and free events already and the game has been made extremely easy to get through, yet people still demand for more and are not happy with anything they get.

 

I don't want compensation.

I just want others to pay something instead of nothing towards what they are going to receive.

 

On the sandbox it was made to look like the higher tier tanks wouldn't be able to be simply purchased and that some other way of obtaining them in the future would be introduced.  While it's nice to say "this way was pointed out" I can say that it wasn't ever once made clear that those who had the previous tier tank would get the chance for free forever.

 

WG made it possible to grind and buy these tanks at a discount, and once that offer was over they release the statement saying that there's no need to grind.  Basically they used non-communication and other previous leaks to make it appear that perhaps players should (read- not must) probably grind and purchase said tanks.  They have used this "change" as a silver and experience sink.  Nothing more nothing less.

 

There was a change in how it was given to users, previously Tier 5 and Lower would work as they are currently describing, now they are saying that all tiers will work the same.  Tier 6 -> 10 was not described in the way it is being described now, I think they even had placement gold values for the tanks.

 

 



reesku #570 Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:28 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18252 battles
  • 299
  • Member since:
    05-09-2015

View PostMeGaBigBoy, on 26 March 2020 - 09:07 PM, said:

Just to make it clear: you do not undestand the situation. At all. I don't care if they make it available for everyone. It is not jealousy.

BUT

WG is taking away my time spent on the grinds, my premium accoun during the grinds, my grinded xp on those tanks. All my efforts.

So as you said, when something is taken away, compensation needs to be there.

 

No, they're not taking this grind away from you, they're offering someone else to get the tank without the necessary grind, that's different. Didn't you get the tank? At the moment you wanted the tank it was available in such way, then the rules changed. You didn't had to grind it on old rules, you could've waited until 1.9 is released, nobody forced you to do, it's simply you who wanted the tank. And since you wanted, you accepted the method of getting it, you followed it and achieved your goal.

 

This change is not affecting you now in any way, you're just jealous that somebody else will have it easier. For the same reason you could protest every change in the game that aims to simplify or improve situation of players, by saying "at the beginning it was more difficult for me, so don't do it or give me free stuff as compensation" be it blueprints, crew books, introduction of new better tanks, whatever, but the game wouldn't progress at all.



Dwigt #571 Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:55 PM

    Corporal

  • WG Staff
  • 1098 battles
  • 169
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-29-2018

Good evening everyone,

A new article is out on our portal with an interesting widget that could help you understand how you will progress through the new tech tree when the changes go live

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/1-9-common-test-1/

 

I hope this will you give a clearer image and answer some of your questions.

Please check out the article and let us know what do you think about it here!



legendkiller16 #572 Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:59 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9730 battles
  • 263
  • Member since:
    12-02-2013
Why the hell does the CT makes me install the WG Game Center again when I already have it???

LethalWalou #573 Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:08 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34826 battles
  • 2,490
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostMeGaBigBoy, on 26 March 2020 - 08:07 PM, said:

 

Just to make it clear: you do not undestand the situation. At all. I don't care if they make it available for everyone. It is not jealousy.

BUT

WG is taking away my time spent on the grinds, my premium accoun during the grinds, my grinded xp on those tanks. All my efforts.

So as you said, when something is taken away, compensation needs to be there.

 

 

How are they taking away any of those things???? If the patch was to come tomorrow, would you suddenly lose the tank and everything you worked for? Of course you wouldn't.

You are the one not understanding the situation at all...

 

View PostMr_Deo, on 26 March 2020 - 08:27 PM, said:

I don't want compensation.

I just want others to pay something instead of nothing towards what they are going to receive.

 

On the sandbox it was made to look like the higher tier tanks wouldn't be able to be simply purchased and that some other way of obtaining them in the future would be introduced.  While it's nice to say "this way was pointed out" I can say that it wasn't ever once made clear that those who had the previous tier tank would get the chance for free forever.

 

WG made it possible to grind and buy these tanks at a discount, and once that offer was over they release the statement saying that there's no need to grind.  Basically they used non-communication and other previous leaks to make it appear that perhaps players should (read- not must) probably grind and purchase said tanks.  They have used this "change" as a silver and experience sink.  Nothing more nothing less.

 

There was a change in how it was given to users, previously Tier 5 and Lower would work as they are currently describing, now they are saying that all tiers will work the same.  Tier 6 -> 10 was not described in the way it is being described now, I think they even had placement gold values for the tanks.

 

Do you understand the concept of a test? What ever was tested on the sand box test, were subject to change. Absolutely nothing was confirmed, it was all just a test. And it's those people's own fault if they made any decisions based on a sand box test.

 

And how was it made to look like they wouldn't be able to be purchased? In the first article for the test, they clearly stated that the vehicles won't be removed and a way to obtain them in future stays. And after the test, it was clearly stated that the tanks will be available with credits. At no point, none of it looked like the wouldn't be obtainable in future... Every rumour about them being removed and that you should rush research them, was player generated. WG even stated in the SB test result -article that people have no need to rush the research, yet people still did that...

 

And no, tier 5 and lower were tested to work in a certain way and they came to a conclusion to change how they would be. And btw, nothing still is confirmed so don't go making decisions you might regret based on this current information either... It's sad that this has to be even mentioned. People just make rushed decisions based on rumours and then blame WG afterwards to avoid taking any responsibility themselves.



Witzman #574 Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:24 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10296 battles
  • 21
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

Please stop the useless argument. Back to the most basic question: you are making a game, you have a solution to make everyone happy, that's actually what it should be, why not?

I can understand some one repeating "YOU DO NOT LOSE ANYTHING", really? Let's see three in game examples:

1. Two friends are playing everyday together, one have got 113, the other got WZ-111 5A. In 1.9, the second guy will have both tanks, while the first guy is just "bad luck" because of the ridiculous update. Nice! Of course "He does NOT LOSE ANYTHING", but it's obviously UNFAIR.

2. Two new comers just entered this game some weeks ago, one is a hard grinder, he played many hours each day and got AMX 30B. The second one does not play that much as the first guy, he's now grinding on the tier 8 french LT, and his purpose is BC-25t. In 1.9, the "hard grinder" will NOT LOSE ANYTHING, while the less grinder is able to get everything that the hard grinder made effort to get. Yes yes it's very happy! But obviously UNFAIR.

3. Back to the funny claim about "if you have BPs for a collector vehicle, you can get compensation. But if you have researched that vehicle, you will not get any compensation". Such terrible idea is said to be confirmed in someone's youtube stream or what (I don't care). Interesting! I'm sure it's a misunderstanding, otherwise...ok let me stop here, blaming does not help.

Actually it makes no sense to argue or explain. The only question is: you can make everyone happy with your normal solution, the one that everyone is used to. Why don't you do as usual?

There is no need to repeat anything, just a simple summary:
1. Collector vehicles are crew trainer
2. Blueprints as compensation.
Easy and normal, everyone is happy. Why not? Tell us WHO DO NOT ACCEPT THIS

 

EDIT: It's still not too late, just remember, you are making a game, the purpose is to make fun. Do not try to fool your players, they know what to do, and you?


Edited by Witzman, 26 March 2020 - 10:29 PM.


reesku #575 Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:42 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18252 battles
  • 299
  • Member since:
    05-09-2015

View PostWitzman, on 26 March 2020 - 10:24 PM, said:

Actually it makes no sense to argue or explain. The only question is: you can make everyone happy with your normal solution, the one that everyone is used to. Why don't you do as usual?

There is no need to repeat anything, just a simple summary:
1. Collector vehicles are crew trainer
2. Blueprints as compensation.
Easy and normal, everyone is happy. Why not? Tell us WHO DO NOT ACCEPT THIS

 

No, not everyone is happy, that's the point. There's no way of compensation that would make everyone happy. What about the players that have all the vehicles researched or simply don't want to research any more vehicles, how is it fair to them? And then people are using those blueprints to research other vehicles, how is it fair to the owners of those vehicles? You're getting the tank which they grinded hard for, and you are just able to research it simply by having T-62A, the tank might be painful to grind, and you just played with enjoyable T-54 to get those blueprints and research tough vehicle, how is it fair? Decision has to be made, which players have to be favored in case of some compensation, it's tough decision, and the easiest is just to not compensate anybody.

 

2nd thing is, how the tank being crew trainer is even part of the discussion about fairness and compensation? This has nothing to do with it, and if anything is even more unfair to the old players who already own those tanks, they have crews already trained for them and the new guys will be able to use and boost their Object 140 crew.



HussarKaz #576 Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:44 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9308 battles
  • 348
  • Member since:
    02-21-2016

low tier balance:

 

>250 HP

>shot for 40 HP

 

lel, change the name of the game to "world of battleships"



Hand_of_the_King #577 Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:53 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 46360 battles
  • 33
  • Member since:
    04-28-2012

S35

The French tier 5 TD is getting a nerf as well:

S35 CA 

  • Removed the 105 mm AC mle. 1930 S gun (ammo rack capacity: 42 shells) from the S35 CA turret
  • Changed the aiming time of the 90 mm AC canon DCA 30 gun in the S35 CA turret from 2.3 to 2.7 s
  • Changed the vehicle durability from 330 to 430 HP

 

And the seal clubber's wet dream, the T67 is getting a substantial nerf:

  • Replaced the Wright Continental R-975C4 gasoline engine with the Wright Continental R-975C4 early gasoline engine (engine power: 380 h.p.)
  • Increased dispersion during movement of the suspension T49E1 suspension by 17%
  • Increased dispersion during movement of the suspension T49E2 suspension by 14%
  • Increased dispersion on hull traverse of the T49E1 suspension by 17%
  • Increased dispersion on hull traverse of the T49E2 suspension by 14%
  • Changed the aiming time of the 57 mm Gun M1 in the T49 turret from 1.7 to 1.9 s
  • Changed the aiming time of the 57 mm Gun M1 in the T67 turret from 1.7 to 1.9 s
  • Changed the aiming time of 3-inch AT Gun M7 in the T67 turret from 1.7 to 1.9 s
  • Changed the aiming time of 76 mm AT Gun M1A1 in the T67 turret from 1.7 to 1.9 s
  • Changed the reverse speed from 20 to 17 km/h
  • Changed the vehicle durability with the T49 turret from 340 to 445 HP
  • Changed the vehicle durability with the T67 turret from 360 to 470 HP

And the cute little Luchs is getting a (small) nerf to its gun characteristics:

  • Increased dispersion on turret traverse for the 3 cm M.K. 103 gun in the Luchs 5 cm turret by 12%
  • Increased dispersion of the 3 cm M.K. 103 gun in the Luchs 5 cm turret after firing a shot by 25%
  • Changed the aiming time of the 3 cm M.K. 103 gun in the Luchs 5 cm turret from 2.1 to 2.2 s
  • Decreased the reload time between shots within the magazine for the 3 cm M.K. 103 gun by 1

PZ 38t and Marder 38t also getting their gun nerfed. (longer aiming time).

 

Good thing they finally nerfed the ridiculous overpowered German tech tree tanks !!

(sarcasm mode off)


Edited by Hand_of_the_King, 26 March 2020 - 11:07 PM.


Witzman #578 Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:32 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10296 battles
  • 21
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View Postreesku, on 26 March 2020 - 09:42 PM, said:

 

2nd thing is, how the tank being crew trainer is even part of the discussion about fairness and compensation? This has nothing to do with it, and if anything is even more unfair to the old players who already own those tanks, they have crews already trained for them and the new guys will be able to use and boost their Object 140 crew.

Good, answer your second question first.
How was the collector vehicle? Is there any negative feedback? NO! Everyone who has participated the Sandbox test loves this part! There is no reason to change. If I was wrong (it can be, everyone can be wrong), just tell us why do WG change the idea? WHO LET THEM CHANGE IT? FOR WHAT? Let's see if they dare to lie like "the feedback is negative".

View Postreesku, on 26 March 2020 - 09:42 PM, said:

 

No, not everyone is happy, that's the point. There's no way of compensation that would make everyone happy. What about the players that have all the vehicles researched or simply don't want to research any more vehicles, how is it fair to them? And then people are using those blueprints to research other vehicles, how is it fair to the owners of those vehicles? You're getting the tank which they grinded hard for, and you are just able to research it simply by having T-62A, the tank might be painful to grind, and you just played with enjoyable T-54 to get those blueprints and research tough vehicle, how is it fair? Decision has to be made, which players have to be favored in case of some compensation, it's tough decision, and the easiest is just to not compensate anybody.

Now the first part. It's very very easy.

When you make the vehicles into "collector vehicle", what you should do is very simple.

If a player has the vehicle in garage, just remove it, refund with a "free purchase" (considering about the discount, this is the easiest way). Equipment/crews will be sent to depot, battle history remains. It's clear, no question, I think.

Then how about the EXP? Good question! The most simple solution is to refund the EXP back to the previous tank, for instance, 200k EXP back to T-54. It's the Basic. It's too ridiculous if WG could not do this. Again, it's the Basic.

But there might be some players who have researched everything on T-54, then the EXP refund makes no sense. In this case, the EXP should be converted into BPs, it's not a big thing to the other players who do not have grinded T-54. The logic is very easy: the more you grind, the more you have. (The current solution from WG is completely opposite: the less you grind, the more you will have for free!) To the players who have all tanks and do not need BPs...the change is tank, what do you want? EDIT: there will always be new tanks, BP will never be useless, anyway.

Now you don't remove the vehicles, you just skip the "sell-buy back" step. It's OK. But for the EXP, you don't have any solution. What your are doing is just "Hey boy, this is free now. It's the fate. You should be happy for the others who can get it for free! Be gentleman!" Aha! Of course we are gentlemen, everyone is happy to see the collector vehicles, but the solution from WG is just ridiculous, pathetic idea.


Edited by Witzman, 26 March 2020 - 11:37 PM.


laur_carpul_16 #579 Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:38 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 24004 battles
  • 2
  • [M8S] M8S
  • Member since:
    10-30-2012
anyone has problems with // Leaving Battle /// stayed at that point for 5 mins and still loading the garage. i7 2.8 8g ram 256 ssd and 4gb video any fix ? 

07sebo #580 Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:45 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19610 battles
  • 9
  • [JUVE_] JUVE_
  • Member since:
    07-11-2012
I can not even read you anymore wg bots. Yes of course i demand some recompensation and if i will not get one i will leave this game. I spent time and gold for getting opportunity to buy a tank and now everyone can get this opportunity for free? No way!!! You are telling me that i dont use nothing, let me describe you different situation and after that come back to this topic.

Your boss at work is telling you that if you will work hard and you will do overtime you will get some Christmas bonus. So you do your best, but your teammate dont care. He is taking time off instead of doing overtime, but on Christmas eve he and you got the same bonus (money), even if your boss told you that if you will not do overtime, you wont get nothing. That how players feel right now. WG is stealing our time and money. They need to get extra recompensation for players who already research this tier 10 tanks. I demand gold, free exp or some obligations. In worst scenario some blueprints  




6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users