Hope for a change !

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Whisky_Tango #1 Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:02 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10529 battles

can someone of you developers explain this win rate % nonsense on every tank ?? why is this in the game ???

this makes no sence at all xD

lets give you a quick example - first battle - LTTB did 0 dmg , didnt read mini map correctly , died like a tomatoe and second battle directly after LLTB i took m 41 90mm for a spin and did around 3k dmg and yes i lost the game ( 3,860 wn8 )  or 

IS7 - 22 games played tonight / 7 wins xD tier 10 games are a muppet show ..anyway despite such a low win rate i did get WTR rating on the positive scale becouse lets be real ..this game is about holding the key positions on diferent maps and do as much dmg you can that means play aggressive depends on the tank - mm - map or play passive at the end of the day , dmg matters! 

is it not better to keep only WTR rating on every tank that you allready implemented into the game long time ago ?  win rate % does not belong in this game 

hopefully you will consider this as a ide in the developers team <3 

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_001.jpg   1.58MB

Desyatnik_Pansy #2 Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:13 AM

Bartender

• 19207 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostWhisky_Tango, on 24 March 2020 - 04:02 AM, said:

win rate % does not belong in this game 

Why doesn't it? IIRC You can customise the parameters shown through the session stats thing if you don't want it to show WR.

LethalWalou #3 Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34832 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

What exactly this is about? You want them to remove the winrate statistic from the game? You had one bad day while also on a month (at least) long streak of good days and it warranted this thread...?

Whisky_Tango #4 Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:27 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10529 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 24 March 2020 - 04:13 AM, said:

What exactly this is about? You want them to remove the winrate statistic from the game? You had one bad day while also on a month (at least) long streak of good days and it warranted this thread...?

pressing W and doing 0 dmg and getting 60% win rate on a tank does not achive much dont you think ?? 

04:35 Added after 8 minute

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 24 March 2020 - 04:13 AM, said:

Why doesn't it? IIRC You can customise the parameters shown through the session stats thing if you don't want it to show WR.

statistics tab ;)

LethalWalou #5 Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:39 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34832 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostWhisky_Tango, on 24 March 2020 - 04:27 AM, said:

pressing W and doing 0 dmg and getting 60% win rate on a tank does not achive much dont you think ?? 

Small sample size... Are you telling me that your performance should fully, 100%, be the determining factor of every single game. If you do 0 damage, it has to be a loss and if you do 3k damage it has to be a win. Did you forget that there is 29 other players in a match?

Whisky_Tango #6 Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:46 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10529 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 24 March 2020 - 04:39 AM, said:

Small sample size... Are you telling me that your performance should fully, 100%, be the determining factor of every single game. If you do 0 damage, it has to be a loss and if you do 3k damage it has to be a win. Did you forget that there is 29 other players in a match?

one player cant win a game alone ! even if you know everything about the mechanics, penetration, spotting ! you still have to compensate for a bot who drove in to the river or just went ape mode and yolo to the enemy cap after 1 min of the battle ... not a rocket sience  ... 

HanZi #7 Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 49531 battles
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-

View PostWhisky_Tango, on 24 March 2020 - 05:02 AM, said:

can someone of you developers explain this win rate % nonsense on every tank ?? why is this in the game ???

this makes no sence at all xD

lets give you a quick example - first battle - LTTB did 0 dmg , didnt read mini map correctly , died like a tomatoe and second battle directly after LLTB i took m 41 90mm for a spin and did around 3k dmg and yes i lost the game ( 3,860 wn8 )  or 

IS7 - 22 games played tonight / 7 wins xD tier 10 games are a muppet show ..anyway despite such a low win rate i did get WTR rating on the positive scale becouse lets be real ..this game is about holding the key positions on diferent maps and do as much dmg you can that means play aggressive depends on the tank - mm - map or play passive at the end of the day , dmg matters! 

is it not better to keep only WTR rating on every tank that you allready implemented into the game long time ago ?  win rate % does not belong in this game 

hopefully you will consider this as a ide in the developers team <3 

Wauw, thats a real P2W account u got there. Didi u rerolle, just to get good stats??. Its SO sad...........

Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 24 March 2020 - 07:51 AM

Bartender

• 19207 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostWhisky_Tango, on 24 March 2020 - 04:46 AM, said:

one player cant win a game alone ! even if you know everything about the mechanics, penetration, spotting ! you still have to compensate for a bot who drove in to the river or just went ape mode and yolo to the enemy cap after 1 min of the battle ... not a rocket sience  ... 

One player doesn't often win a game alone, correct. But WR Does matter, evidenced by the fact that better play leads to better winrate. Over the course of a great many games (we're not talking 10, 50, 100, we're looking at like 1000+ instead), the performance of a player will clearly show in their statistics.

shikaka9 #9 Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 76356 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
In my village WR matters nothing ... unuseful thing :)

Whisky_Tango #10 Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:17 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10529 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 24 March 2020 - 06:51 AM, said:

One player doesn't often win a game alone, correct. But WR Does matter, evidenced by the fact that better play leads to better winrate. Over the course of a great many games (we're not talking 10, 50, 100, we're looking at like 1000+ instead), the performance of a player will clearly show in their statistics.

i agree with you that over a long period of time your effort will pay off but there is a diference between a good player who is trying and a bad player who is leeching from the battle :) 

Edited by Whisky_Tango, 24 March 2020 - 08:17 AM.

Whisky_Tango #11 Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:26 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10529 battles

this is one for many examples 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5296664#stats

LethalWalou #12 Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34832 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostWhisky_Tango, on 29 March 2020 - 09:26 AM, said:

this is one for many examples 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5296664#stats

You sit on the red line with your LT and spam gold at the enemies... And you blame other people... All you get is some fancy colours but you do nothing to win the game actually.

Whisky_Tango #13 Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10529 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 29 March 2020 - 02:57 PM, said:

You sit on the red line with your LT and spam gold at the enemies... And you blame other people... All you get is some fancy colours but you do nothing to win the game actually.

you have to be a complete idiot if you think that i should go for a scout run when there is tier 9 camping like a arty and another top tier heavy went for a swin ..im realy curious who boosted your account <3  

Desyatnik_Pansy #14 Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:50 PM

Bartender

• 19207 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostWhisky_Tango, on 29 March 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

you have to be a complete idiot if you think that i should go for a scout run when there is tier 9 camping like a arty and another top tier heavy went for a swin ..im realy curious who boosted your account <3  

Let's try not to call others idiots and claim they're boosted accounts, alright? :P

Ignoring that, Lethal didn't say you should be scouting, just that you shouldn't be sitting redline and sniping with a Light. Note that this is your position at just about a minute in, the WZ Has just drowned moments ago and the other is heading towards your position, so you can't have came here purely as a result of either.

Spoiler

I don't know what you expect here. AFAIK You're not able to see anything in front of you because of those trees, and all you're able to do is sit and shoot the Heavies pushing out of city thanks to the (suicidal) HWK 12. Then, lo and behold a few tanks show up in your face suddenly because you couldn't see them coming until it was too late. Now, granted, your team was not good, but this does not mean you should just immediately go and camp redline in one of the fastest tanks on your team (before any actual action has happened that would force you into such a position) and then never move from that position. 

Reminder that we all get the same kind of teams and whatnot, so players like Lethal and myself have surely experienced these kinds of matches as well, but as I said in my previous posts, single battles like this do not prove that WR Is not an accurate stat. Speaking for myself and Lethal, we actually might move around somewhere and actually help potentially win the battle, rather than submitting to a defeat and just trying to damage-farm before the battle is over.

LethalWalou #15 Posted 29 March 2020 - 08:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34832 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 29 March 2020 - 06:50 PM, said:

Walou didn't say you should be scouting

Well, yes I did not say it yet but I'm going to say it now. Unlike south team towards NE corner, north team can actually attack towards K1, and creating some sort of presence there with an LT from south spawn both keeps the enemies put and encourages your team a bit. I guarantee the WZ 1-4 would've done something else if the OP in his LT was asserting some presence there. Generally no one wants to be the most forward tank in the team (I personally like that) so if they see the LT running away towards the camping location, they sure as heck will play accordingly and dominate the side. The camping locations aren't invincible at all like some might suggest.

What comes to presence, OP goes to G2, spots the Lynx and gets spotted in return and immediately goes to camp. That gives the enemies a lot of information and confidence immediately. And just as you showed with your screenshot, that poor understanding of the spotting system allowed the enemy STG to assert presence at K1 and force OP's team out of any potential spotting locations, so the enemies could move up even more.

The whole play is just for the wn8. I mean come on, spamming gold with an LT just to do damage... OP could have either played the left side of the map properly or maybe  gone to help clear the right side which eventually fell as well. He wasn't the sole reason for a loss but he definitely didn't do anything to help the team win. There was no play. I don't even know why one would do that, even for gun marks I would try something. Damage is damage but that damage was useless damage. When I play from the north and the enemy team doesn't assert any proper presence to west, especially if they have no vision, I absolutely love it.

Edited by LethalWalou, 29 March 2020 - 08:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users