EBR Boycot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

radeks11WOT #1 Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16981 battles
I claim. I will not buy anything until EBR will be powered by this insane mode. 

_Signal_ #2 Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47980 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
QP is slow tonight.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76437 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Tbh, I hate the 432 more then wheels in FL... that I see you kinda are trying to abuse, but not really.

frange #4 Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32560 battles
  • [FRNR] FRNR

The problem is the fact that WG just doesnt give a rats a** about what you (or me) thinks or does. They just dont care. And you will never get enough people to follow you along with the boycott so unfortunately, keep dreeming.

Yeah - I hate the wheelies as well so I totally understand what you are saying.

Only_Slightly_Bent #5 Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28626 battles
  • [O_S_B] O_S_B

View Postfrange, on 24 March 2020 - 11:03 PM, said:

The problem is the fact that WG just doesnt give a rats a** about what you (or me) thinks or does. They just dont care. And you will never get enough people to follow you along with the boycott so unfortunately, keep dreeming.

Yeah - I hate the wheelies as well so I totally understand what you are saying.

Why should WG care about a vocal minority who can't be bothered to adapt to a new game mechanic? If they did pander to you, you'd only complain about the next thing that comes along that forces you to adapt and if they didn't introduce anything new, you'd complain that WoT is stagnating.

I'm a decidedly average player yet have no problem dealing with WV's. Also, I perform very badly in them, to the point where I don't bother playing them anymore yet, according to the whiners, I should be over-perfoming in them. It's almost like they're talking out of their arses...

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #6 Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23745 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View Postradeks11WOT, on 24 March 2020 - 10:51 PM, said:

What if You are really hungry and there's this bakery with fresh rolls straight out of the oven that You really want to eat, huh?
Will You also not buy them untill EBR will be powered by this insane mode?

02:59 Added after 2 minute

View PostOnly_Slightly_Bent, on 25 March 2020 - 01:13 AM, said:

Why should WG care about a vocal minority (yada)

Because they aren't a vocal minority. Is one good reason.

A vocal minority is a small group of the same folks "loudly" saying same things over and over everywhere, like for example, the NRA in the US or the front row of old ladies in a temple, during mass.

This EBR hate is more like.. a general hate overflowing from ingame chat to game forums from various frustrated players unable to point their gun at a "tank" going 90kph in whatever 7 directions at the same time, which doesn't even need to point his mouse aiming circle at You to lock his gun at You with high pen, high velocity, high accuracy high-explosive shells while doing a barrel roll mid air. Hence - > EBR forum hating from both new and old players is more like a "tip of an iceberg" rather than a "vocal minority".

Let's say I write in chat "Leopard PTA is cool and balanced tank" while I drive Leopard PTA. Folks will say "yeah its cool", or, because it's World of Tanks they will say nothing and treat You as a trash.
Let's say I write in chat  "EBR is cool and balanced tank" while I drive EBR. Folks will say some other things, in stronger words, and not in a positive meaning.
And before You ask, yes, I did that. Multiple times.

Cleared?

Edited by Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet, 25 March 2020 - 04:14 AM.

wsatnutter #7 Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:09 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 27022 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
where is Q

shikaka9 #8 Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 76568 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

Thats not a boycot, most of players dont buy anything (if you mean real life money)  :teethhappy:

tajj7 #9 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 25 March 2020 - 02:57 AM, said:

What if You are really hungry and there's this bakery with fresh rolls straight out of the oven that You really want to eat, huh?
Will You also not buy them untill EBR will be powered by this insane mode?

02:59 Added after 2 minute

Because they aren't a vocal minority. Is one good reason.

A vocal minority is a small group of the same folks "loudly" saying same things over and over everywhere, like for example, the NRA in the US or the front row of old ladies in a temple, during mass.

This EBR hate is more like.. a general hate overflowing from ingame chat to game forums from various frustrated players unable to point their gun at a "tank" going 90kph in whatever 7 directions at the same time, which doesn't even need to point his mouse aiming circle at You to lock his gun at You with high pen, high velocity, high accuracy high-explosive shells while doing a barrel roll mid air. Hence - > EBR forum hating from both new and old players is more like a "tip of an iceberg" rather than a "vocal minority".

Let's say I write in chat "Leopard PTA is cool and balanced tank" while I drive Leopard PTA. Folks will say "yeah its cool", or, because it's World of Tanks they will say nothing and treat You as a trash.
Let's say I write in chat  "EBR is cool and balanced tank" while I drive EBR. Folks will say some other things, in stronger words, and not in a positive meaning.
And before You ask, yes, I did that. Multiple times.

Cleared?

It's a vocal minority and it's fuelled by a massive load of ignorance, confirmation bias  and learn to play problems.

I mean look at the OP, over 2k games in the LT-432 with a 44% WR, one of the most powerful lights in the game, easily as good if not better than any WV tier for tier, yet he can't play it, but of course it's not him, it's WVs. Examples like him are common and shouldn't be listened to.

Many other complaints typically come from other bad players who tend to favour arty or TDs as their most played classes, vehicles with very comfy and easy playstyles that have not had that easy mode challenged, WVs do challenge them, they provide more threat to campers, so again instead of those players learning to play, they whinge on the forums.

There are 1000s upon 1000s of players playing the game and getting on with it, playing WVs, not playing WVs, and they are clearly not that bothered. I still see more complaints about arty than I ever do about WVs in the team chat. 

It's just some people making a fuss because they can't adapt to a new challenge. We've seen it before with auto-loaders. 

RSA_TriHard_7 #10 Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51115 battles
  • [FARMS] FARMS
Inb4 moved to big WV thread :)

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #11 Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23745 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View Posttajj7, on 25 March 2020 - 07:25 AM, said:

It's a vocal minority and it's fuelled by a massive load of ignorance, confirmation bias  and learn to play problems.

I mean look at the OP, over 2k games in the LT-432 with a 44% WR, one of the most powerful lights in the game,

Lol, way to quote somebody's (mine in this casE) entire post, not adress any of points raised, and just say "nope, look, that player bad - must disagree with that bad player!"
That is wrong in soooo many ways, argumenta ad persona to begin with... so... if he is 44%, whatever he says is wrong?

And why do people hate on EBR's more than they for example hate on 279e's or T95's, which are even more OP tanks? Because they don't break the game. Sure - OP AF - but they are still tanks and You can play against them as one would against a tank.
When Wargaming introduced physics, alot of good ol light tank things went away, but now there is one class that defies physics.
To finalize - I wrote that EBR's dont have to aim, You ignored that.
EBR's have extremly high speed shells which, if you know what it means, You again, simply ignored.
And very high HE penetration, again, ignored.

You just clicked the "quote" button and said "nope".
Spare me.

unhappy__bunny #12 Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:11 AM

Brigadier

• 20870 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Sorry for being a bit slow, but what mode of power are you asking for? Currently, as I understand it, the EBR is powered a fairly normal internal combustion engine, so what do you want that replaced with? A flux capacitor from Back to the Future? 

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #13 Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23745 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View Postunhappy__bunny, on 25 March 2020 - 08:11 AM, said:

Sorry for being a bit slow, but what mode of power are you asking for? Currently, as I understand it, the EBR is powered a fairly normal internal combustion engine, so what do you want that replaced with? A flux capacitor from Back to the Future? 

Ugh, as a WoT forum moderator, You really should study more languages, clearly. :P

1. He explicitly wrote "until EBR will be powered by this in-SANE mode"
Therefore, he is asking for a "SANE mode" EBR powering.

2. As we all know, the word "SANE" means "HAY" in Albanian.
D'oh...
https://translate.go...tl=en&text=sane

3. He boycotts all earthly possession untill EBR gets powered by hay engine.
Ergo green renewable energy powered, ergo - this is an ecological protest.

Elementary, my dear Watson

4nt #14 Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31134 battles
I say no to more powerful EBRs. OP can keep his boycot but the wheelchairs are now an annoyance, if his buff (whatever it is) goes through they will actually have some impact.

Homer_J #15 Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:17 AM

Field Marshal

• 33686 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Looks like a VW thread, smells like a WV thread, by golly I think it is a WV thread.

There isn't room for two in this forum so this one gets the boop of nope.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users