• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #1 Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23745 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

Not much to add, downright degradation in terms of freebies in terms of
a) quantity - hard cap on possible rewards is introduced, not dependant on time spent in game but days logged in
b) quality - no longer possible to grind multiple premium days/week as one example, but just the same as the rest of the rewads for anyone who remembers

Why did WG take back on the incentives to play, which they gave us back in the time?

edit:
Forgot that we also got Battle Pass, which, combined with Daily Missions may net more than RfM for average player (altho I'm not sure about the amount of free premium days obtainable).

Edited by Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet, 25 March 2020 - 11:24 AM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76387 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

They are done faster pr day, as it's limited ofc. But as for the rewards? It depends on what you want out of it, or what rewards you want.  I feel I get more blueprints now vs before for playing less. I get more bonds now for playing less. I get less free XP and consumables for playing more. Not seen premium time or crew skins yet. Crew books I get now and then. But feels less on average vs before over say a week.

But tbh, merits never was the main incentive to play more tbh. If that was the only thing keeping you playing or making you stay? Well...

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #3 Posted 25 March 2020 - 04:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23745 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 March 2020 - 02:53 AM, said:

They are done faster pr day, as it's limited ofc.

So... yeah, less boon available in shorter time, without possibility of getting more that day.
Like a prisoner can eat 1 slice of bread much faster than half a loaf.
But I would DARE Germans trying that argument during Nuremberg Trials.
:D

edit: to reply the argument of xp boosters in the form of blueprints replacing more "monetary" rewards:
This, and many other "xp boosts" (see Christmas Event) is WG strategy that results in new, inexperienced players quickly grinding through their low tiers, never learning what grind is, never learning the tankline or even basic gameplay. In itself, it "worsens" the experience at higher tiers, with really really inexperienced palyers (1k games) rolling in their T10's. And it worsens the experience for all players getting a new tank, removing the feeling of accomplishment as we knew it long ago, having grinded our first T10 tank, or even a good T8 (you know, before blueprints, boosters, rain of free exp so on, so on).
However, beforementioned new players, on their way to "Tier10 E100/IS7 glory", those players quickly run into a wall of not-havin-enough-credits to buy the tank that they have "unlocked". They may think they have "grinded" their tier V tank so, naturally, they should be able to get a tier VI, right? Wrong, WG boosted their XP, but not their credits. Long story short, You know where it is designed to lead to, and it is their (or their parents' ) pockets. Either by purchase of credits, premium acc, premium tanks etc.
Players have way more unlocked tanks, than they are able to buy. Just a quick edit to add a quote from yesterday's post someone made
/quote/"(edit: ) And i realy want: Leo 1, AMX 105, EBR, TVP, LT100, 430U. I'm almost there i can research these vehicles (alltogether) easily within 1 month, but i only have 200,000 credits, that's why i'm desperate to sell"/quote/.
You cannot purchase free exp at WoT premium shop, You can purchase credits. Hence credits are WG's chokepoint of choice nowdays. Plus, more and more powerful T8 premium tanks ;)

And I by NO MEANS am I in moral position to criticize WG for it, they made 2 great free wargames for us after all (and World of Warplanes, but we don't talk about it). WG is a big company and their employees like food just as much as we do. It is simply why, I think, the change was made in the first place. The previous reward for merit system was too generous in the eyes of WG monetizing department. Nobody from the playerbase was complaining about getting "too much free stuff, WG please take it away from me".

Edited by Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet, 25 March 2020 - 04:57 AM.

splash_time #4 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15611 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Long stroy short: They tried to make it easier, and more predictable for players, but the final rewards are pretty poor, 1 day of premium after 7-8 days  of doing missions? Well, simply not worth it, and it's not a stable reward to be happy about it.

At least they've could make it random, and you can get from 3 days of premium up to 5 days of premium to make it a bit better, as for bonds, make them 150, because players play many battles during that period (some are not playing for the missions, but to grind a line). 

Overall? I like the option that allows you to change the reward, but it gives you the same reward, with worse condition. 

Edited by splash_time, 25 March 2020 - 08:21 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:21 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 36325 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
They were never for merit in the first place, you just played a few games and every so often you got given a freebie with no clear indication of why.

At least these daily missions have some clearly defined objective to them and the freebies you get for doing them don't seem any worse than before.

facmanpob #6 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5192 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
As someone who usually only has time for 5-10 battles per day, the new system is better for me. If I played 40 battles a day it would clearly be worse. But then one of the reasons I don't have time to play more battles is that I'm out there working (even now, as I am a key worker) to make money to spend in the game. You can't please all the people all the time!

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #7 Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23745 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 25 March 2020 - 07:21 AM, said:

They were never for merit in the first place, you just played a few games and every so often you got given a freebie with no clear indication of why.

Psst. And You were never a real tank commander, just some dude infront of computer screen.
XD
Unless You actually WERE a real tank commander incase which, I am wrong in Your particular case.

OFC it was a grind reward. Sit long enough at their game and they will throw You a bone ;)

edit: Fascinating you would defend getting less premium days/bonds than before. Is fanboyinsm that far stretching that people will actually thank guards for halving the rations? :D

Edited by Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet, 25 March 2020 - 09:13 AM.

Flicka #8 Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23687 battles
  • [CELL] CELL
Not sure if someone posted it here, but I did find 1 thing that is kinda "bad". There are some missions, like do 2000 dmg in a battle that kinda force players to play higher tiers and in that way push players up the tiers. And we all know how great it is to see a player progress tiers 10x faster than he can learn anything.

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #9 Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23745 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
It sometimes happened to me to earn more than 1 premium day a week by grinding and getting RfM's.
Now it seems a F2P player will get a premium day by completing 45 "missions". F2P can only do 4 missions a day, so its 45/4 = 11,25 day (days round up since server resets daily in WoT)

So it is only possible to gain a premium day once every 12 days if one plays at least some wot each day.

Which is less than several RfM a day, each randomly being able to grant prem day (of which i made quite a few) :).
08:50 Added after 0 minute

View PostFlicka, on 25 March 2020 - 08:36 AM, said:

Not sure if someone posted it here, but I did find 1 thing that is kinda "bad". There are some missions, like do 2000 dmg in a battle that kinda force players to play higher tiers and in that way push players up the tiers. And we all know how great it is to see a player progress tiers 10x faster than he can learn anything.

Are You sure it's 2000 dmg in a single battle or 2000 dmg total?

LethalWalou #10 Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:59 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34832 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA
The RfM weren't just switched to DMs. Originally the Battle Pass was supposed to come out at the same time and now that it has actually come out, the rewards from it are much better than from RfM. On top of that we also have the DMs. I honestly can't see why people are still so upset that RfM went away. Compared to this, they were useless and too random.

Homer_J #11 Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:09 AM

Field Marshal

• 33644 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

It's better for some, worse for others.

And as far as my personal circumstances go, it is encouraging me to play a couple more games in a session.

Flicka #12 Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23687 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 25 March 2020 - 09:49 AM, said:

It sometimes happened to me to earn more than 1 premium day a week by grinding and getting RfM's.
Now it seems a F2P player will get a premium day by completing 45 "missions". F2P can only do 4 missions a day, so its 45/4 = 11,25 day (days round up since server resets daily in WoT)

So it is only possible to gain a premium day once every 12 days if one plays at least some wot each day.

Which is less than several RfM a day, each randomly being able to grant prem day (of which i made quite a few) :).
08:50 Added after 0 minute

Are You sure it's 2000 dmg in a single battle or 2000 dmg total?

2000 in 1 battle, I got it yesterday. SO quite sure. A nice dirty way to introduce something to push players up the tiers even more.

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #13 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23745 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostHomer_J, on 25 March 2020 - 09:09 AM, said:

It's better for some, worse for others.

And as far as my personal circumstances go, it is encouraging me to play a couple more games in a session.

What "some" ? I want to meet a "some" who thinks that it's better that he/she's getting less free premium days/ free random equipment !
So far I've only met "others".

Homer_J #14 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:18 AM

Field Marshal

• 33644 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 25 March 2020 - 10:08 AM, said:

What "some" ? I want to meet a "some" who thinks that it's better that he/she's getting less free premium days/ free random equipment !

I'm getting more out of it than I did with the RFM which I might have got once every 3rd day.

TomatoShooter #15 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1136 battles

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 25 March 2020 - 11:08 AM, said:

So far I've only met "others".

I dont care..first  I got nothing for playing randoms - then i got RNG infested RfM for doing my daily randoms - and now I got Battle pass and daily mission rewards just for playing randoms..maybe "worse" rewards then the RfM but hey they are completely free. I don't mind.

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #16 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23745 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostTomatoShooter, on 25 March 2020 - 10:20 AM, said:

I dont care..first  I got nothing for playing randoms - then i got RNG infested RfM for doing my daily randoms - and now I got Battle pass and daily mission rewards just for playing randoms..maybe "worse" rewards then the RfM but hey they are completely free. I don't mind.

Oh, right, I forgot we also got Battle Pass, which is, like, an extra reward ontop of what we were gettin. Thx.

jack_timber #17 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:24 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43565 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Login, play a few games, get free stuff!

What's not to like.

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #18 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23745 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View Postjack_timber, on 25 March 2020 - 10:24 AM, said:

Login, play a few games, get free stuff!

What's not to like.

:sceptic:
Did Homer make You write it?

Only_Slightly_Bent #19 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28548 battles
  • [O_S_B] O_S_B

View PostLethalWalou, on 25 March 2020 - 08:59 AM, said:

... I honestly can't see why people are still so upset that RfM went away...

... because there's a portion of the playerbase who complain about literally everything (yet still carry on playing...)

Orkbert #20 Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29384 battles

View PostFlicka, on 25 March 2020 - 09:36 AM, said:

On the other hand, to even get RfM stuff at all you had to play at least tierV vehicles and there was no way to avoid that prerequisite whereas the new daily missions seem to have no minimum tier limit (a test with my Pz.II D showed that he was valid to do daily missions) and if a particular mission seems to difficult for your preferred tier spread you can always reroll it and hope for a more suitable result.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users