• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

Cobra6 #181 Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16613 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostGeno1isme, on 26 March 2020 - 01:29 PM, said:

Nope. You invested your money into something that didn't turn out to be as valuable as you expected. Your money is gone no matter how the company develops, until you sell your stocks to someone who pays the same price (or you can participate in the company profits, but that's another story). But it is a good analogy: You made a decision and have to live with the consequences. Or is somebody refunding your invested money in case the stock is dropping?

To expand on your analogy: If you even invested Free-XP it's like you've taken a loan to buy those stocks. You'd still have to repay it even if your investment has become worthless.

Well, you invested your money into something which is now given away for free suddenly, without it being advertised when you bought it, that is fraud right and/or false advertisement as well.

Or if the company you invested in, let's say a furniture store, secretly turns out to be a car dealership, same deal.

We used XP to unlock a tank which is part of a tech tree and have been grinding more XP on that tank to unlock the next tank in the tech tree.

Now suddenly not only is the entire tech tree being removed, your XP you have on the tank becomes worthless as there will be no next vehicle but also the XP you paid for it in the first place becomes worthless.

As not only is this vehicle now given away to everyone for free but but you are also not getting the XP back on the tank before it which you used to unlock it.

The least thing WG could do is refund the XP for the T9 AMX30 to the Bc12t, no harm done to anyone and it's the fair thing to do.

Cobra 6

parim1331 #182 Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:43 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 8049 battles

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 25 March 2020 - 09:32 PM, said:

I know it is not set in stone yet, but I hope you remember those tanks who have that special crew. even more special than the BIA, girls and Christmas crew

But as far as I understand it we will only have commanders and those commanders can be put into a unit of max 4.

So that means all gunners, drivers, radio and loaders will be removed and their skills are free to spend again and perhaps even the commanders will be reset for us to spend the skills again.

Just a number. I have 945 crew in my garage and I think ( but I will for sure calculate it to make sure I dont lose any progress like you promised) those crew have 4 skills on average. That means I have to destribute almost 4000 skills again .....

It has been mentioned in one of our articles regarding the Crew 2.0, that the transition will be made so that no losses will happen to the crews. Furthermore, I am sure that devs want to shape the changes in a way that everyone who had a chance, will retain their magical crews from Holiday Ops. :)

View PostTom_Soop, on 25 March 2020 - 09:37 PM, said:

WE WANT NEW MAPS

Did I make that clear enough?

These are underway. You can find more info about this topic in our Supertest section on the forums HERE.

View PostZentry, on 26 March 2020 - 12:08 AM, said:

well lost faith in you guys long time ago WG

Please provide some argumentation behind your opinion. It helps us whenever we're gathering feedback.:)

View Postugglan, on 26 March 2020 - 04:14 AM, said:

For once i am actually excited for this i'm not saying gj wg but it looks promising.

Hopefully you will like the proposed changes when they will finally hit Sandbox server.

View PostTelepass, on 26 March 2020 - 08:54 AM, said:

Well done WG, but you NEED to make surveys. You talk a lot about players reception, but I've been playing since 2012 and can't remember the last time I've been asked about my opinion. You just publish news and make us talk in a forum that has barely any impact.

MAKE SURVEYS, LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS MORE FREQUENTLY AND REACT FASTER

Well, as you may know, the reason for which we have decided to drop the proposed ammunition changes during last Sandbox, was due to players feedback, that was, among other places, gathered from in-game surveys.

View Postsammygo, on 26 March 2020 - 09:26 AM, said:

"Players have a hard time hitting the wheeled vehicles, so it should be fixed in the first place". Finally. Next to MM this is something that indeed needs to be fixed urgently.

There was a lot of feedback from you guys about the wheeled vehicles, and as you can see, the devs agree that these also need a bit of fine-tuning.

View Postrush0620, on 26 March 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

No IS 6 standard shell penetration buff?

As it has been mentioned, after the rebalance of the vehicles that were announced in the article, we will move to other vehicles that also need balancing.

vixu #183 Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:44 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 46473 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostCobra6, on 26 March 2020 - 02:01 PM, said:

Same way you lose money if you buy a stock and then the company goes bankrupt. You lost your money.

In WoT you spend 160K+ XP to unlock a tank after which the tank gets removed from the tech-tree and is now given away to everyone for free as you no longer need to spend XP to unlock it. So you lost 160K+ XP in the process that you spent but didn't get back.

The most basic thing would be to reimburse the XP on the Bc12t for the AMX30 (T9) and the xp for the T10 as free XP.

Cobra 6

Well...no...

Technically, you don't lose that 160k exp. You gained those exp while playing. They could only be spent on that one tank, so there is no value in that exp. One thing you may count is the time that you've spent grinding and, perhaps, cost of  the games if you went balance-negative. But, it all depends on where in the balance sheet you put the game played - + or  -.

Only things you lose is blueprints, and free exp. For some players that might look pretty unfair, if they need that free xp somewhere. 

Even for me, having a couple of hundreds of ks of free exp will help to open all the modules.

SeniorViking #184 Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6164 battles

View PostoBmg, on 26 March 2020 - 11:37 AM, said:

I hope there will be wisdom  to make most famoust tank in history a litle more dangerous and rewarding as a mean of spice and attraction for historical affictionados.

Talking about Tiger I of course.

My proposal is to rise its frontal armour from 100 mm to 120 mm. In practice, its armour was made of best steel availabe anywhere and that steel had elasticity rising its energy absorption .

Testing and war experience showed Tiger's armour  to be of higher quality than USSR or Allied armour of same thickness.

Thank you for considering.

From https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/supertest-heavy-tanks-rebalance/

The list of changes of Tiger I:

• The 8,8 cm Kw.K. 43 L/71 gun:
• Changed the damage with standard and special shells from 240 to 280;
• Changed the gun reloading speed from 6.7 s to 7.8 s;
• Changed the gun aiming time from 2.7 s to 2.5 s;
• Improved the gun mantlet armor.

Jumping_Turtle #185 Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:56 PM

General

• Player
  • 73507 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Postparim1331, on 26 March 2020 - 03:43 PM, said:

It has been mentioned in one of our articles regarding the Crew 2.0, that the transition will be made so that no losses will happen to the crews. Furthermore, I am sure that devs want to shape the changes in a way that everyone who had a chance, will retain their magical crews from Holiday Ops. :)

I dont want to keep just a few crew. I want to keep them all. I have trained them for years and they are part of the tank I put them in. And some tanks I bought specially for the crew (Rudy, Victoria, TL-1, Cromwell B, Thunderbolt).

The crew have been a part of this game and tanks from the start and for me that is a very big part of the game. I do not want to see that changed to one commander and some unit.

vixu #186 Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:58 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 46473 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostSeniorViking, on 26 March 2020 - 03:46 PM, said:

From https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/supertest-heavy-tanks-rebalance/

The list of changes of Tiger I:

• The 8,8 cm Kw.K. 43 L/71 gun:
• Changed the damage with standard and special shells from 240 to 280;
• Changed the gun reloading speed from 6.7 s to 7.8 s;
• Changed the gun aiming time from 2.7 s to 2.5 s;
• Improved the gun mantlet armor.

It's armor is not a very good match for standard shells at the same tier. And it is totally paper for anything "special". 

CrazyB0y69 #187 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26265 battles
  • [0-OVE] 0-OVE
When will the Bond Shop be reset?

Bond Shop. Will the items be updated?

The items in the Bond Shop will be updated approximately once every 6 months. We will update the Shop this year and will use the start of the new Ranked Battles season as a reference.

The Bond Shop was introduced back in October 2019, we are now in March almost April so the 6 months have passed when will we get an announcement about the new tanks? I'm very curios and can't wait to see what the Bond Shop has new to offer. ^^

Larha #188 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40007 battles
  • [KLENU] KLENU
The fix on the wheeled vehicle madness is long overdue. No one wants to grind the old slow tanks and paper TDs after you introduced these rally cars in the game. The not even the hitboxes can follow the tanks let alone the buggy aiming system in this game. The problem is that you cannot lead the shots accurately especially in the lower tiers when using howitzers etc.

reesku #189 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18362 battles

View PostCrazyB0y69, on 26 March 2020 - 04:05 PM, said:

When will the Bond Shop be reset?

Bond Shop. Will the items be updated?

The items in the Bond Shop will be updated approximately once every 6 months. We will update the Shop this year and will use the start of the new Ranked Battles season as a reference.

The Bond Shop was introduced back in October 2019, we are now in March almost April so the 6 months have passed when will we get an announcement about the new tanks? I'm very curios and can't wait to see what the Bond Shop has new to offer. ^^

I think this means they will be updating it every 6 months or so starting from now on, the introduction date doesn't matter here, at least that's how I understand this message. Especially since they mention that they will update it with the start of the new Ranked Battles season, which ain't coming anytime soon, the old season didn't finished yet we're in the middle of it as a matter of fact, still 1,5 weeks to go. And when you consider the whole 10 year anniversary celebration and other events planned I'd say we're looking at the end of the summer when new season will start. Since again the 3 Ranked Battle seasons will be spread on two years 2020 - 2021, they will do maximum 2 more seasons this year, so I'd say somewhere early September, then another season in November maybe. It's just my guess of course, but I wouldn't expect new Ranked Battles season happening from April - August due to the whole Anniversary celebration.

Geno1isme #190 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49452 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostCobra6, on 26 March 2020 - 04:41 PM, said:

As not only is this vehicle now given away to everyone for free but but you are also not getting the XP back on the tank before it which you used to unlock it.

The least thing WG could do is refund the XP for the T9 AMX30 to the Bc12t, no harm done to anyone and it's the fair thing to do.

Nothing is given away for free, the tanks still cost the same amount of credits as before. Which for most people is the bigger obstacle.

And you'll probably not understand that, but I don't want any XP on the BC12t which I then cannot use without spending gold. I might take a 250k crew-xp book ....

Now suddenly not only is the entire tech tree being removed, your XP you have on the tank becomes worthless as there will be no next vehicle but also the XP you paid for it in the first place becomes worthless.

Again, nothing is removed at all. Only the cost to unlock those tanks has been effectively reduced to zero XP. Also your XP have always been "worthless" as you were never able to sell them. They had a certain buying power for one specific purpose that will no longer exist, that's all.

Well, you invested your money into something which is now given away for free suddenly, without it being advertised when you bought it, that is fraud right and/or false advertisement as well.

It's only fraud/false advertisement if it was already supposed to be given away when you made your investment, and even then that's questionable. Or will you claim fraud if you buy a pack of toilet paper today and tomorrow the shop decides to give one away for free to everyone that lacks it?

Mr_Burrows #191 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 52069 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

If you overhaul the crew system so that my really old (and very well trained) crews lose value compared to newer ones, I will get quite irate. I am darn close to 7 full skills/perks (100% + 6 full + 86%) on my 13-105 crew, and do not expect them to all in a sudden become more "mundane" compared to rookie crews. I got other very well trained crews too, but that one is all special. 

I am quite sure the playerbase soon will sniff out if this is another cash grab or a genuine attempt to actually add to the game. So we shall se. 

15:34 Added after 2 minute

View PostGeno1isme, on 26 March 2020 - 04:23 PM, said:

It's only fraud/false advertisement if it was already supposed to be given away when you made your investment, and even then that's questionable. Or will you claim fraud if you buy a pack of toilet paper today and tomorrow the shop decides to give one away for free to everyone that lacks it?

I'd demand a roll of toilet paper too, despite that I bought one yesterday. 

rush0620 #192 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25104 battles

View Postparim1331, on 26 March 2020 - 02:43 PM, said:

As it has been mentioned, after the rebalance of the vehicles that were announced in the article, we will move to other vehicles that also need balancing.

Oh tank you!

Yes yes yes! :izmena:

TheArk_2014 #193 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 69407 battles
  • [_ARK_] _ARK_

About the changes on the crews ... the sentence that scares me the most is:

Block Quote

The main rule: a crew makes the gameplay more enjoyable but does not provide a considerable advantage. Diversity will increase, and stronger perks will be used situationally.

WG ... what do you mean with this sentence?

... that there is no meaning to train crew members any more (even with the new crew system)?

... that no matter how many skills a crew member (or unit, or whatever you name it) will have he will not effect the game-play anymore?

Some players invest hundreds of hours to train their crews ... to have (skill based legal) advantages during the battle ...

... are you going to remove these Crew Skill Based Advantages from the crews?

:(

BTW: Have in mind that this matter is not that crucial for me, because I do not participate in Clan Wars ...

... but it is really a very crucial matter for the players who are in clans which participate in Clan Wars.

PS - IMO: The only things that need changes at the crews are the skills, the removal of some totally waste skills, the addition of some new skills and a better distribution of the skills at the crew members would be enough to improve the Crews.

Edited by TheArk_2014, 26 March 2020 - 05:15 PM.

Diner50 #194 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10942 battles

Make the wheeled changes tomorrow. ASAP.  Make the wheels immobilize them like ANY other vehicle in this game. Remove the OP HE and make the gun bloom like a KV2 at full speed. Give them better view range and lower the HP just a tiny bit. Make this pure active scouts that have to stop to fire efficiently or circle around heavy tanks to damage them. Make them NOT OP vs other light tanks. Threat  them like arty. Not a tank.

Give tier 10 light tanks good pen at range. (like the AMX 13 90 have at tier 9) They can have at least that if they sanctifies all armor and HP. (medium tanks are as fast most of the time)

And do not mess with HE, Crew or current equipment. You truly suck at it WG. Buff Tiger II to be competitive vs IS3. Tiger I is fine. DO NOT nerf E75 the only German tank that can outmatch the Russian, American and more or less all heavy tanks. Make new tiers like WT and have half tiers if necessary. (7.5) Tiger II is fine if it do not go agenst tier 10's and 9's every dam match. Allot of tanks really can use a bit of balancing by just giving them half tier up or down. End of the day MM = fair games for gamers vs gamers. Make it fair and we are happy.

What really is missing here is the WORK ON THE DAM MAPS. You mean to say that this corridor small maps are fine? So many interesting maps have been removed, it is not even funny talking about it.

And just increase the damage arty do per shot to how it was before. (long reload) And remove stun. They where so fun to use in TD mode. Now they are laughably bad at defending the base. It is just a point and click adventure playing them now. Not the arty I played and had fun with. Have the French tier 10 arty collecting dust in garage now. Was super fun to be the last line of defense in that thing. Or any arty for that matter at high tier.  

But most of all. Rebalance tech tree and the premium tanks. Before that this game is not something I recommend to ANYONE.

Ow and revert the accuracy Nerf a few years ago. The game has no hope to be a E sport or anything but crapif aiming means NOTHING. If you aim at a target standing still your aim circle should be not RNG based. IT should be aiming skills deciding 80% of it. If you take your time and your good at aiming at weak spots IT SHOULD HIT. Not this where you basically miss due to bad aim yet still RNG makes your shell hit the target. Makes the hole game not competitive. Shooting on the move is fine. As it should be.  

Edited by Diner50, 26 March 2020 - 04:47 PM.

Electronic_coockie_82 #195 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1833 battles
  • [LP-E] LP-E

My take on the news:

- GOOD! finally you are doing something good. I almost lost my faith in WG.

- Good to see WG working on these.I even wrote a topic about this .

- Just make it so that every one just doesn't gold spam and make them actually care about vehicle weakness's.   

- NO. its good now and from what i read in this form almost everyone is happy with it the way it is. and don't even think about implementing the crew system in wot blitz.

- Interesting. Just don't do anything drastic.if it is like wot blizt that's good but you should also let us to move equipments between tanks . 

- Not interested (unless the mechanics were changed )

- THANK YOU KINDLY. Best news of the day. In addition to the announced buffs, please buff T32 pen to 212 (AP), give T110E5 better Tumor armour and HP,  and give Specific Power of 13 to Tiger II (9.x right now) and all the tier ix reward vehicles that you get out of the campaign because they are useless.

- I hope its at least as good as 2019 Tank Festival. Enjoyed that. Please bring a lot of fun modes like in the 2019 Tank Festival.& plz bring back dogtags .

- A lot of good info there. Thank you.

(you are basically putting everything in WOT blitz in WOT wot blitz is the real test server  while some mechanics in WOT blitz are good some are very bad plz don't bring the crew system of that game into this one but put the equipment system that is one of the good mechanics.and why does it take you so long specially that most of your updates are now in wot blitz and we have to wait until summer we at least  need the new balance update ASAP & plz bring back rewards for merit it was more rewarding than daily missions )

Edited by Electronic_coockie_82, 26 March 2020 - 04:44 PM.

HansiVonHinten #196 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50012 battles

I find it so funny and tragical at the same time.

Wargaming keep coming up with strange changes that noone or at least very very few have asked for e.g. crew changes, changes to HE, changes to tech tree. 

I guess it is to move focus away from the problems they can't solve like total unbalanced games, new maps (very slow creation), corridor maps, "icy" stones and so on.

Like Telepass suggested make surveys, the answer? "We are listening to feedback...." - That is called reactive instead of proactive. Using a lot of man hours on something players don't want is if not stuppid then silly.

"Warning incoming"

Edited by HansiVonHinten, 26 March 2020 - 04:51 PM.

Electronic_coockie_82 #197 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1833 battles
  • [LP-E] LP-E

View PostHansiVonHinten, on 26 March 2020 - 04:48 PM, said:

I find it so funny and tragical at the same time.

Wargaming keep coming up with strange changes that noone or at least very very few have asked for e.g. crew changes, changes to HE, changes to tech tree. 

I guess it is to move focus away from the problems they can't solve like total unbalanced games, new maps (very slow creation), corridor maps, "icy" stones and so on.

Like Telepass suggested make surveys, the answer? "We are listening to feedback...." - That is called reactive instead of proactive. Using a lot of manhours on something players don't want is if not stuppid then silly.

"Warning incoming"

they are putting every ting that is in WOT blitz in WOT for the new player xp :| .

what about the old players  

Adrian1200 #198 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8204 battles

"Also, we don't intend to reintroduce purchasing special shells for gold, because we want every player to have equal conditions."

And how do exactly the changes you want to implement make every player have equal conditions?

They won't ever be equal as long as gold ammo is few times more expensive than a standard one.

You lower the damage of gold ammo and buff the damage of standard ammo, fine, but what does it really change for me?

I'll still have to shoot gold ammo at the tanks that I've no chance of penning with a standard one but the difference will be that I'll need to shoot more gold shells to destroy the tank or to do the same amount of damage that I did before the changes which results in me spending more credits on the gold ammunition which actually puts me at even greater disadvantage economically wise.

This is what makes the game practically p2w, this and consumables . 

To make it truly equal and fair for every player make the gold ammo have 15-20% more penetration value than a standard one but lower the damage of it by the exact amount of percentages you decide to buff the penetration value by.

So it'd look like this:

Standard shell: 100 damage. 100 mm penetration

Gold shell: 80 damage, 120 mm penetration

(Obviously the values of standard ammunition of some tanks would need to be changed to make the +x% and -x% thing reasonable on them)

After doing so the most important thing is making both types of shells cost the exact same amount of credits.

Because after those changes none has any advantage over the other, they're balanced out as perfectly as they can possibly be causing them to have clear and equal pluses and minuses so none is the superior one therefore there's no reason for which you'd need to pay more for one type of shell than the other.

Consumables I dunno there're really many ways to not make it p2w.

Make it not available for credits but for playing x battles in a specific tank (then you could pick it on that specific tank only to pick it on another one you'd need to play the x amount of battles in it too) or make it available after the player gets 1 mark of excellence in a specific tank (same deal) or make it cost less so the price would be reasonable for a f2p player or the best one - remove it from the game all together.

Basically, find a way to make getting it skill-based not currency-based being currency-based it will be never equal and fair for everyone.

F2p players are basically screwed because having no premium account and often no meaningful premium tanks to farm credits they can't afford to spam gold or to buy consumables for every battle which both give undoubtful advantage to the player that can afford them.

However I know very well that you won't do that as that'd mean players would have less reasons to buy the said premium account and premium tanks and that's why this game will never be truly balanced, equal and fair for everyone not being a p2w for the fact alone that you simply don't really want it to be as it's not worth for you.

So stop talking about it because that was never, is not and won't ever be your goal.

End of the story.

Edited by Adrian1200, 26 March 2020 - 11:50 PM.

Cobra6 #199 Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16613 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postvixu, on 26 March 2020 - 02:44 PM, said:

Well...no...

Technically, you don't lose that 160k exp. You gained those exp while playing. They could only be spent on that one tank, so there is no value in that exp. One thing you may count is the time that you've spent grinding and, perhaps, cost of  the games if you went balance-negative. But, it all depends on where in the balance sheet you put the game played - + or  -.

Only things you lose is blueprints, and free exp. For some players that might look pretty unfair, if they need that free xp somewhere. 

Even for me, having a couple of hundreds of ks of free exp will help to open all the modules.

From the Batchat12t you have mulltiple lines to unlock so it's never lost. And getting it refunded means you can convert it to free XP so you do really lose the 160K exp if the AMX30 is removed from the tech tree.

Cobra 6

habar_name #200 Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15033 battles
  • [GL0NT] GL0NT

Crews are very personal, even more personal than tanks are. You can easely rage selling one tank or another, but never dissmis a good old crew. Highly experienced and skilled crew must give a strong advantage, is same in the real life also. New players can always buy train manuals to boost the xp of the crew and most important part, can buy premium tanks to train crew as well. If this nonsense change will occur, I bet alot of players will quit the game for good and another lot will quit buying premium tanks for crew training. WG, you can increase the possibility to get special crews, more girl crews and so on, if the new players feel that their crew are to weak comparing with the old players crews. You can even sell that 850k xp for single crews for gold or something, but please, leave the crews as they are now, removing them will be the biggest mistake.

Biggest, of course, after the one with pardoning the cheaters. I am Bellow average, but I never used any mod at all. A lot of legal mods are allready giving the users a lot of advantages, but pardoning the "players"w used multiple times illegal modes... it is simple very very unfair. And completely wrong.

Edited by habar_name, 26 March 2020 - 05:14 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users