Changes to the Game in 2020: Looking Towards the Future

• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

Diner50 #201 Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10942 battles

About the xp cheating WG is doing here. Due to how BlackMarket is selling tech tree tanks at ridiculous prices anyone and everyone rushed for this removed tanks. WG is removing tanks. End of the dam story.

The tech tree changes are plain bad. If WG was not so focust on p2w... Anyways. Removing what basically is the French version of the Leopard and the JP II is frustrating at best. WG being so secretly and vague about this tanks removal made people scared of losing access to HISTORICAL TANKS. And LITERLY SAID that this tanks was going to turn into special tanks that you do not have to unlock the proper gun (nice)

So yes. People rushed to get this tanks before they become black market only. And now the XP used to get this tanks are shown to be a total waste. People might have paid or grinned there ars of to get this tanks. So they are basically scammed by WG due to there bad reputation and holding of information for """"later""""".  Now in JP II case I think if you did not have the tier 9 fine. You get it unlock for free. (you get the top gun for free on JP II and the tier 9 unlockt)  

But the AMX 30 you just have wasted 160k xp that better used to unlock B-C or AMX 13 90.  Now if only one get 60k or whatever XP on the AMX 30 to unlock the gun then fair enough. But you get nothing it looks like? What? Edit: You do get the upgraded gun it looks like. So fair enough. Still a bit of a xp waste but not so bad.

Like I picked up the KV 85 ONLY due to what WG was saying they where going to do to our TUNKs. Like really WG? Is this just a way for you to make more moeny out of peaple? Saying one thing and then do something completely different later? Not like you was saying that this "might" be what we do. All you said was that you where going to give us more details on stuff you where wage on when announcing this hole clown show.

Edited by Diner50, 26 March 2020 - 11:47 PM.

parim1331 #202 Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:19 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 8049 battles

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 26 March 2020 - 03:56 PM, said:

I dont want to keep just a few crew. I want to keep them all. I have trained them for years and they are part of the tank I put them in. And some tanks I bought specially for the crew (Rudy, Victoria, TL-1, Cromwell B, Thunderbolt).

The crew have been a part of this game and tanks from the start and for me that is a very big part of the game. I do not want to see that changed to one commander and some unit.

Well, I mentioned the Holiday Ops crews as an example. For now, I would wait until a working prototype is ready to be presented for you guys, and then we can start discussing the topic, because as of right now it's just an concept.

gunslingerXXX #203 Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:22 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 14202 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

:teethhappy:

Still guys asking for compensation :teethhappy:

Diner50 #204 Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10942 battles

View Postparim1331, on 26 March 2020 - 04:19 PM, said:

Well, I mentioned the Holiday Ops crews as an example. For now, I would wait until a working prototype is ready to be presented for you guys, and then we can start discussing the topic, because as of right now it's just an concept.

Like the HE changes on the Sandbox? So after that show off we might be against even talking about concepts. Better be quite and make a concept and show it off. We have no reason to not think they will end like HE changes. Or 3 5 7 MM.

But good on you for looking into the tech side of things. Sliding around on rocks as if they where made out of ice is no fun. And the 14day premium was a very refreshing thing to see WG as a hole do :)  When it is so generous that I have to check what month and day it is. Stay safe

Edited by Diner50, 26 March 2020 - 05:31 PM.

Jumping_Turtle #205 Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:25 PM

General

• Player
  • 73511 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Postparim1331, on 26 March 2020 - 05:19 PM, said:

I would wait until a working prototype is ready to be presented for you guys, and then we can start discussing the topic, because as of right now it's just an concept.

But it is never too early to tell you guys I dont like it, so you might want to reconsider in time and not waste valuable time and money in a system that is clearly not liked by many if I read to forums so far.

Diner50 #206 Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10942 battles

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 26 March 2020 - 04:22 PM, said:

Still guys asking for compensation :teethhappy:

I have non of the tanks I just talked about. So I only have a KV 85 that I got for 50% off to sell. But I think I keep it if I get a not used crew laying around. My friends are pissed. I mean WG paint themselfs with bad rep. Why not make assumptions when they are acting fishy and not talking directly to us on the matter?

swatdennis #207 Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12594 battles

I already dislike the Crew 2.0 idea...

I guess I am going to regret putting full females and Christmas reward crews inside a single vehicle.

Honestly just change the parameters of having 100% crews. Make 100% crews free? Give 6th sense for free?

Rebalance all the skills, I don't care, but the idea of one commander seems... Nah, I just don't like it.

WotPizza #208 Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37647 battles
  • [P1XEL] P1XEL
Crew removal is the worst idea ever! Time soon to change main game...

Terence_ #209 Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15651 battles
  • [FRGIF] FRGIF
Inb4 they just remove all weakspot

FrantisekBascovansky #210 Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39659 battles

What we need to do with crew?

1. Make the same crew setup across specific vehicle type and nation. For example, all american TDs will have 5 crew members (commander, driver, gunner, radioman, loader) without any exception.

2. Rework useless perks and/or redistribute skills/perks among crewmembers.

There's no need to do anything fancy about it.

Jmeno1 #211 Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50933 battles
  • [_AF_] _AF_

The main rule: a crew makes the gameplay more enjoyable but does not provide a considerable advantage. Diversity will increase, and stronger perks will be used situationally.

Hmm, my end in WoT is comming... :(

Mr_Burrows #212 Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 52069 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostJmeno1, on 26 March 2020 - 06:19 PM, said:

The main rule: a crew makes the gameplay more enjoyable but does not provide a considerable advantage. Diversity will increase, and stronger perks will be used situationally.

Hmm, my end in WoT is comming... :(

Yeah. I wonder when WG went all SJW. And what new gender/s will the new crew members have? Diversity... :ohmy:

iChaosPlays #213 Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6026 battles
  • [TG-RO] TG-RO

This sounds actually interesting, i rly want to try crew and equipment 2.0, I fell like its going to work like wows, it will add more variety, seeing the same old boring setups (rammer, optics/vents, GLD/Vstabs/vents) is getting annoying, the other equipment pieces are at best situational, like spall liner (this being the most usefull of the situational bunch, maybe even wet ammo rack?).

Arty? Remove the bloody stun, nobody likes it, it sits in the top 5 worst features about wot, the other 4 being punishing RNG, clear russian bias, overpowered premium tanks (or prem tanks that are clearly better then their standard counterparts, like the Object 252U Defender, Progetto 46, Renegade, TS-5, LT-432, EBR 75 FL, Bourrasque [honestly, who thought 780 clip alpha with 62 km/h to speed, 25 p/w and very good terrain resistance was a good idea at tier 8?!], T-44-100, Object 703-II, IS-3A, SU-130PM, WZ-120-1G-FT) and the gold spam, fix the game Wargaming

HE is perfectly balanced, HESH is the one that needs the rework, especially the 182.9mm HESH, can 1 shot every single lower tier tank in the game, every light and medium tank in tier 10 and with a fire and a high roll over half the heavies (a max roll can kill an Object 260, and thats a heavy tank!)

In rest, everything looks fine, i am rly looking forward to it!

17:45 Added after 5 minute

View PostFrantisekBascovansky, on 26 March 2020 - 06:16 PM, said:

What we need to do with crew?

1. Make the same crew setup across specific vehicle type and nation. For example, all american TDs will have 5 crew members (commander, driver, gunner, radioman, loader) without any exception.

2. Rework useless perks and/or redistribute skills/perks among crewmembers.

There's no need to do anything fancy about it.

The system they want to implement is the wows system, and I must say, it works rly well

RedJester #214 Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21661 battles

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 26 March 2020 - 04:25 PM, said:

But it is never too early to tell you guys I dont like it, so you might want to reconsider in time and not waste valuable time and money in a system that is clearly not liked by many if I read to forums so far.

Maybe someone should start a poll on here and ask: do we want the potential crew changes or would we rather keep the crew system and crews as they are? 

iChaosPlays #215 Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6026 battles
  • [TG-RO] TG-RO

View PostDiner50, on 26 March 2020 - 05:18 PM, said:

About the xp cheating WG is doing here. Due to how BlackMarket is selling tech tree tanks at ridiculous prices anyone and everyone rushed for this removed tanks. WG is removing tanks. End of the dam story.

The tech tree changes are plain bad. If WG was not so focust on p2w... Anyways. Removing what basically is the French version of the Leopard and the JP II is frustrating at best. WG being so secretly and vague about this tanks removal made people scared of losing access to HISTORICAL TANKS. And LITERLY SAID that this tanks was going to turn into special tanks that you do not have to unlock the proper gun (nice)

So yes. People rushed to get this tanks before they become black market only. And now the XP used to get this tanks are shown to be a total waste. People might have paid or grinned there ars of to get this tanks. So they are basically scammed by WG due to there bad reputation and holding of information for """"later""""".  Now in JP II case I think if you did not have the tier 9 fine. You get it unlock for free. (you get the top gun for free on JP II and the tier 9 unlockt)  

But the AMX 30 you just have wasted 160k xp that better used to unlock B-C or AMX 13 90.  Now if only one get 60k or whatever XP on the AMX 30 to unlock the gun then fair enough. But you get nothing it looks like? What?

Like I picked up the KV 85 ONLY due to what WG was saying they where going to do to our TUNKs. Like really WG? Is this just a way for you to make more moeny out of peaple? Saying one thing and then do something completely different later? Not like you was saying that this "might" be what we do. All you said was that you where going to give us more details on stuff you where wage on when announcing this hole clown show.

Chill out dude. The 30B aint even worth it, you would be better with an STB or a Leopard 1 (you basically lose 200 DPM for higher alpha and better overall gun, and most importantly, penetration. The tank used to be good when it had that amazing pen and gun handlings but now is just a pile of crapnobody cares about. And even if you pick that tank up for free XP, you get the top gun for the AMX 50 100 and BC 25t AP. 

A KV-85 is not terribly expensive at 800-900k and is not even that bad.

I can somewhat agree with the rest, I think the Jpanther II should have been kept and the Ferdinand made a collector's tanks.

birimbao_1 #216 Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:19 PM

Field Marshal

• 32930 battles
  • [DRG-V] DRG-V

View Postparim1331, on 26 March 2020 - 04:19 PM, said:

We dont want wargaming losing their time...

We don't need crew changes like those...      change some useless skills an perks... OK... new skills... OK...   make the crews easier to understand for new players... OK...

But please.... Do not touch our crews... do not touch our work for years...  

feoffle3 #217 Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14000 battles

Most of it sounds interesting, APART from Crew 2.0.

I really think you are going down a blind alley with that WG. At the end of the blind alley there is an unseen cliff that falls into oblivion..

Vtsuk #218 Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:59 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13473 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

Crew 2 is going to be interesting...

I bought 4 times the "Rudy" and 3 times "Crom B" for the 0 Bia crews,and spend a few crew books for them too.

And I'm not the only one...

Let's see how hard we are going to get .....

Puszka_Drynia #219 Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19514 battles

View Postparim1331, on 26 March 2020 - 05:19 PM, said:

The concept of not having crew members in a tank is a failed concept and no further discussions are necessary. I have 80 BIA crew members. I would prefer to to keep them, I went through many battles to get them and you should not pander to that part of your  playerbase which has no patience to grind. They have crew books for that.

Edited by Puszka_Drynia, 26 March 2020 - 08:45 PM.

Kancsuka #220 Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38411 battles

Forget all these changes!

Fix the matchmaking system first! Same level players in all battles! No more 2(5)-15 and 15-2(5) games!

Sometimes it takes days to get a normal team and play a fair game.

Fix the matchmaking system first! 

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users