• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

Weak_man #21 Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8526 battles
  • [AMURG] AMURG

View PostSael_, on 25 March 2020 - 08:35 PM, said:

2. Banning CW or even Campaign reward tanks from Ranked battles - make it happen asap

Hold your horses, it's being debated at the moment but there is no precise plan to address this yet. :)

Make progression less painfull because of these broken OP tanks by making only last 5 players of the loosing team to loose chevrons. More painfull than these OP tanks is to play 3 hours and to remain at the same level because of loosing chevrons due of the unbalanced MM. 

These tanks are like "Carbon fiber bikes against  Fat bikes in Tour de France"

Edited by Weak_man, 25 March 2020 - 07:48 PM.

TheArk_2014 #22 Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 69407 battles
  • [_ARK_] _ARK_

I have a lot of questions, the most crucial is ...

"What will Happens at this":

... but first, I have to see the changes at the Sandbox Server ...

... so, at the present, only one question, "When The Sandbox Server Will Be Live?".

:B

Edited by TheArk_2014, 26 March 2020 - 10:47 AM.

Jumping_Turtle #23 Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:50 PM

General

• Player
  • 73511 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostGodTank2, on 25 March 2020 - 07:33 PM, said:

Do you want to play the exact same game for years or do you want refreshing updates on already outdated systems like crew and equipment?

I would not mind very small changes or some additions to it. But overal I have no problems at all if the crew layout stays the same for another 10 years. A tank has a small amount of crewmembers and imho it should stay that way. It are no battleships with 10000 people on board. It are tanks with a crew and that should stay.

Dwigt #24 Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:53 PM

Corporal

• WG Staff
  • 1190 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postfeies_vlad, on 25 March 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

I really hope WG will take this stuff seriously and players with all these "special" crews won't just get slapped in the face with the new crew system. Also was wondering about this "Equipment slot properties will be based on roles. There will be no restrictions for setups but some equipment will be available only to certain types of vehicles" I really hope this dosen't mean for example that I will not be able to use optics on heavys or td's like I like to do now since I hate using binos for obvious reasons (if there will be such equip after the changes). 

We're trying to make the available equipment much more adequate to the tanks depending on it's type and tier. 

Only testing will tell but we hope you'll like it when the changes hit the test servers. 

reesku #25 Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18362 battles

View PostSael_, on 25 March 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

Hold your horses, it's being debated at the moment but there is no precise plan to address this yet. :)

I know, I understand it's undecided, because Developers want first to balance them in the team, for each team to have exact same numbers of same reward tanks. (I watched the Q&A Stream on youtube yesterday :) )

However this solution first of all doesn't really solve the problem of them being OP and giving their owners big advantage over other players, or any players who chose to play with different tank in that battle. And second of all it only creates the issue with the waiting time in the queue, because it will have to wait until another same reward tank is found thus increasing the queue time for everybody. The simplest solution is to just remove them and make it tech tree tanks so everybody would have same tanks available for them, and there wouldn't be a problem with increasing the waiting time.

What is upsetting about the Ranked Battles planned changes is that Developers notice that players don't like to play in this mode, they play it only for the rewards and once they reach the leagues they stop playing, but to solve it they choose to introduce additional missions & additional rewards for playing in the leagues as opposed to figuring out the root cause for it and addressing that. And the root cause is simply that the current experience/progression system encourages players to behave in extremely selfish ways in the battles, it promotes camping in the bushes instead of actively playing, it promotes all players going in the one square on the map to farm the damage as quickly as possible as opposed to focusing on playing the battle properly and winning it. Therefore the gaming experience is just not interesting and it's not fun for anybody, many people suffer playing it, both unicums and regular players.

They should focus on addressing this problem, making the Ranked Battles fun to play, making the experience better, and people would keep playing in the leagues without the need of extra rewards, even more stuff which won't be accessible for majority because they simply don't want to go and suffer in the battles.

Jumping_Turtle #26 Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:55 PM

General

• Player
  • 73511 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostZapfhan, on 25 March 2020 - 07:19 PM, said:

We take such things like specials crews into consideration and share details as soon as we can. 

What kind of consideration do you guys have for tanks like the TL-1 LPC and the Primo Victoria ? I bought them also for the special crew they have.

Edited by Jumping_Turtle, 25 March 2020 - 07:57 PM.

gunslingerXXX #27 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:03 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 14202 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

If you're trying to make crews simpler... after reading the first sentence 3 times I stopped.... please. Come on. At least try to explain it simple. Or use pictures. 

• We will implement a new entity—the Unit. It will comprise four crews. Each Commander can be trained to a particular vehicle. All crews within a Unit are united by nation and vehicle type (for example, medium tanks of the U.S.S.R.). Units have levels which determine how many perks the Unit's Commanders can learn. Each Commander can have their own set of Perks/Skills. In fact, a crew can be assigned to four vehicles (+all Premium vehicles belonging to the same nation and type).

Introducing a bunch of new terms without explaining them does not work! Just make it simple. 

• You now get units
  • Units are new, and consist of ???
  • Units can be used for 4 tanks
  • Units have levels
  • Higher levels means more skills. 
  • And something with commanders

Please, please, PLEASE hire someone that is able to write properly, simply and without mistakes. I'm so glad you guys are not rocket scientists or airplane builders or whatever.

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 25 March 2020 - 08:04 PM.

Sstyx #28 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:06 PM

Czech Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 18453 battles
  • [DAFFY] DAFFY

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 25 March 2020 - 07:55 PM, said:

What kind of consideration do you guys have for tanks like the TL-1 LPC and the Primo Victoria ? I bought them also for the special crew they have.

So far, this is the stage where we are testing and it is not yet decided what the final version will look like. So we will see what the possibilities will be.

wsatnutter #29 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:07 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 27060 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
love what im hearing except letting thee cheating bellends back in game once a cheat always a cheat

Dwigt #30 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:10 PM

Corporal

• WG Staff
  • 1190 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postwsatnutter, on 25 March 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

love what im hearing except letting thee cheating bellends back in game once a cheat always a cheat

Well we hope they learned a lesson getting banned this time and we'll keep a close eye on them.

Puszka_Drynia #31 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19514 battles

POPULAR

Remove my crews and I will not spend a penny. 1000s of battles to get 5-6 perks and all for nothing. My little nephew almost in tears as his crews are what he cares most about.

WG, you will remove a very important aspect of the game which adds realism and also creates a sort of personal bond between a player and his tanks. Redesign skills but do not remove individual members.

Edited by Puszka_Drynia, 26 March 2020 - 02:56 AM.

Machiavelli_13 #32 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20884 battles
  • [S-GUN] S-GUN
Right i am going to quote the only tank in this game that needs to be removed from ranked battles is the ebr 105 this is the thing removing reward tank from the game mode just causes a problem well i feel the game is bad cause of the wheeled vehicles yes i am saying this and i play a heavy tank and it frustrating to see my tank destroyer get flanked by a light and no able to to hit it because of concealment when it uses its advantages to the point were your tank i unplayable. Other lights in this game like t 100 lt sheridan has a 30% chance of penetrateing a shot at less than 300m full speed i have been hit by the ebr from 600m when driving top speed. This is ridiculous for me the tank is overrated to the point it has all advantage over the battlefield in a skilled players hand. I have played ranked battles this is season and got in to 2nd division were i am locked in on 7 after this i use arty and on every map i am spotted in less than 30.seconds the ebr drives into the spawn and kills me balance wargaming.

reesku #33 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18362 battles

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 25 March 2020 - 08:03 PM, said:

If you're trying to make crews simpler... after reading the first sentence 3 times I stopped.... please. Come on. At least try to explain it simple. Or use pictures. 

• We will implement a new entity—the Unit. It will comprise four crews. Each Commander can be trained to a particular vehicle. All crews within a Unit are united by nation and vehicle type (for example, medium tanks of the U.S.S.R.). Units have levels which determine how many perks the Unit's Commanders can learn. Each Commander can have their own set of Perks/Skills. In fact, a crew can be assigned to four vehicles (+all Premium vehicles belonging to the same nation and type).

Introducing a bunch of new terms without explaining them does not work! Just make it simple. 

• You now get units
  • Units are new, and consist of ???
  • Units can be used for 4 tanks
  • Units have levels
  • Higher levels means more skills. 
  • And something with commanders

Please, please, PLEASE hire someone that is able to write properly, simply and without mistakes. I'm so glad you guys are not rocket scientists or airplane builders or whatever.

Units will consist of up to four commanders, of which each can be trained for a different tank, thus the entire unit can be used for up to 4 tanks, I guess one will take the command over the unit in the battle depending on which tank you select. But each commander can be used separately, or any other combinations of units, 2, 3 commanders. It's just that that adding more commanders to the unit will improve the performance.

But really, wait at least for the Sandbox where those changes will be tested or the detailed article. This is just heads up news, to let us know what the Developers are working on this year, what is planned etc. The details are not finalized yet. It's like a band telling you that they're working on new album and in response you demand to hear the songs already...

Jumping_Turtle #34 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:21 PM

General

• Player
  • 73511 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
Its more a band who plays metal telling their fans the next album will be gospel

General_Philip #35 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2775 battles

View PostSael_, on 25 March 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

Is the CT server for patch 1.9 live? If yes, could you give me the link to the download page ,please?

gunslingerXXX #36 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:22 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 14202 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Postreesku, on 25 March 2020 - 08:17 PM, said:

Units will consist of up to four commanders, of which each can be trained for a different tank, thus the entire unit can be used for up to 4 tanks, I guess one will take the command over the unit in the battle depending on which tank you select. But each commander can be used separately, or any other combinations of units, 2, 3 commanders. It's just that that adding more commanders to the unit will improve the performance.

But really, wait at least for the Sandbox where those changes will be tested or the detailed article. This is just heads up news, to let us know what the Developers are working on this year, what is planned etc. The details are not finalized yet. It's like a band telling you that they're working on new album and in response you demand to hear the songs already...

Don't get me wrong I have no problem with the changes (yet). My issue is that it is explained sooooo difficult, your version is already much easier to understand, did it take you a lot of time? Is writing your job? Was your text reviewed before posting? 

I take my chances answer is 3x no. Why would WG, where answer should be 3x yes, mess it up soo bad???

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 25 March 2020 - 08:24 PM.

SlyMeerkat #37 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:25 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19594 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
All sounds well and good so far

Zapfhan #38 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:30 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 24164 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostGeneral_Philip, on 25 March 2020 - 07:21 PM, said:

Is the CT server for patch 1.9 live? If yes, could you give me the link to the download page ,please?

No its not live

reesku #39 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18362 battles

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 25 March 2020 - 08:22 PM, said:

Don't get me wrong I have no problem with the changes (yet). My issue is that it is explained sooooo difficult, your version is already much easier to understand, did it take you a lot of time? Is writing your job? Was your text reviewed before posting? 

I take my chances answer is 3x no. Why would WG, where answer should be 3x yes, mess it up soo bad???

Well, because the details are not finalized yet so there's no in depth description of everything, and WG being professional company have to use official language while I can speak frankly, using my own words. But I think the main reason comes from the fact that such articles are just exact translations of the Russian articles, of course not through the google translate but through the person, but nevertheless everything has to be the same as in Russian article, and as the joke goes - Russia is a different state of mind comrade. ;)

Dexatroph #40 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:41 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 49373 battles

Block Quote

There will be no Premium arty

Come on. It's really about time. I'm disappointed. :mellow: 

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users