Changes to the Game in 2020: Looking Towards the Future

• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

hennyjr #61 Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12995 battles
  • [B-2-K] B-2-K
Am I the only one who thinks that the ideas WG has are a bit vague? we already knew that there would be some changes regarding crew and equipment and how it would roughly would look like. So what is actually new what we can read in the article? I like the fact that WG wants to share it with us. but only the vehicle re-balance with the specific tanks is new to me.

Vukila #62 Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38109 battles
  • [PG-TA] PG-TA

View PostSael_, on 25 March 2020 - 07:08 PM, said:

Oh come on, give it a chance. :P We will test this, let you test it, and maybe you're going to like it better. :)

no, we dont want to give it a chance because we know how it works in other similar games. we spent years and gold (real money) and credits to train our crews, and we dont want it wasted. if you wish get us new skills and perks, but no bloody commanders. nobody, i repeat nobody wants them.

hennyjr #63 Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12995 battles
  • [B-2-K] B-2-K

View PostGodTank2, on 25 March 2020 - 07:33 PM, said:

How do they suck if you haven't tested it yet? Do you want to play the exact same game for years or do you want refreshing updates on already outdated systems like crew and equipment?

to be fair, there is a difference between a refreshing update and an complete overhaul. and for a lot of players the crewskills are not outdated yet. there are more important things to fix in my opinion, for example re-balancing tanks. there is a well known phrase: if it isn't broke don't fix it.

Bailout_Bingo #64 Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11607 battles

Nice!

We are also thinking about options for rebalancing wheeled vehicles. Players have a hard time hitting the wheeled vehicles, so it should be fixed in the first place. The effect of damaged wheels is minimal—it insufficiently affects the overall maneuverability and mobility of the vehicle. It needs to be fixed and we will take care of it this year.

Really hope that the changes will be noticeable.

Homer_J #65 Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:58 PM

Field Marshal

• 33719 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDwigt, on 25 March 2020 - 07:10 PM, said:

Well we hope they learned a lesson getting banned this time and we'll keep a close eye on them.

They didn't learn after their first ban.  My experience suggests they won't have learned after the permanent ban either.

What possible benefit to the game does WG HQ think these people will bring?

reesku #66 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18362 battles

View PostLito, on 25 March 2020 - 10:21 PM, said:

I am interested in the equipment changes, but you can go wrong with the crew changes in so many ways.

People consider their crew like family, some of their crews have 5k and more battles under their belts, some are mixed, for example 2 female and 2 male, some have special commanders like skill or santa, how the hell do you convert this into your new system.

I am all in for reworking the perks, like integrating bia, camo inside the base vehicle stats,so you wouldn't get situations when a crew with 100% camo cant get spotted on an open field 200m ahead, having other choice than bia, repair and crap on heavy tanks and bia camo crap repair on lights. This needs a mix-up. Old perks are so stale right now. Beta had repair, camo, fire, we haven't really evolved beyond that.

I generally agree, I'd rather see the current commander/driver/gunner/loader/radio operator layout. But what other new skills can there really be to keep the things realistic and somehow balanced? I can only think of one which could be added, that would significantly reduce the arty stun effect, instead of 50% to just like 10% max for example. Other than that what can you really add?

You can go two ways, either keep adding more and more bonuses that would improve the performance of the tank even more, which would increase the imbalance between older and newer players, and lead to even faster turbo battles, if the tanks were even more powerful. Or the second way is introduce some unrealistic Rubicon styled bonuses/modifications that would temporarily affect the performance, some certain aspect of the behavior of the tank, which we all agreed was really bad idea back then when they tried to introduce it, now it would be same again.

Tankagoon1 #67 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7246 battles

Think I asked for this 10 years ago, any chance of Snorkels or the ability (if you have an equipment slot) to dive into the Lake and other water and then drive out the other side? 

More Equipment Slots, so we can give our crews food and beverages?

Tank Sirens. 

Making all tanks visible, 5 minutes before the end of a match and visible all the time in other events, like Grand Battles? 

Removing Cars from the game or giving all tanks heavy machine guns so we can kill them (like in real life)? 

Cars have to be driven in first person not third person? 

CmdRatScabies #68 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBailout_Bingo, on 25 March 2020 - 10:50 PM, said:

Nice!

We are also thinking about options for rebalancing wheeled vehicles. Players have a hard time hitting the wheeled vehicles, so it should be fixed in the first place. The effect of damaged wheels is minimal—it insufficiently affects the overall maneuverability and mobility of the vehicle. It needs to be fixed and we will take care of it this year.

Really hope that the changes will be noticeable.

Be interesting to see if the wheelie nerf applies to the premium wheelie or just the tech tree ones. 

feies_vlad #69 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13954 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View PostDwigt, on 25 March 2020 - 07:53 PM, said:

We're trying to make the available equipment much more adequate to the tanks depending on it's type and tier. 

Only testing will tell but we hope you'll like it when the changes hit the test servers. 

Yeah but locking certain equip on tank classes is def not a good idea, because many people like to run different settups, and like I said earlier for example I like using optics on everything including heavys and td's. I don't like the Idea of only being able to use certain equipm depending on if I play a heavy or light or med etc :unsure:

Lethul #70 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17490 battles
Rather than excluding reward vehicles from ranked, another novel idea would be to actually balance them. Think about that one!

Gremlin182 #71 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62137 battles

Look forward to testing it out there are obvious questions like how do we knock out crew members if the crew is represented by a single entity.

How will skill books work how can you move some crew members but not all and so on.

As you said its complex which is why there is no point worrying now we can do that or not when we get more details.

A plus point so far as I am concerned is multiple crews for single tanks so you can develop several playstyles.

I think that's what you said or was it crews that worked in several tanks.

Guess I will find out.

Right now we have crews we become quite attached to and its good to have individuals seeing just one face in the crew listing seems kind of unreal.

And what about Szarik

Ch1valry #72 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41712 battles
  • [TKNZ] TKNZ

View PostHomer_J, on 25 March 2020 - 09:58 PM, said:

They didn't learn after their first ban.  My experience suggests they won't have learned after the permanent ban either.

What possible benefit to the game does WG HQ think these people will bring?

Money.

Maauru #73 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24099 battles

Looking nice.

Equipment and Crew skill are really due for changes because they are "boring" and give no variety in game.

More or less there are "standard" setups of crew skills and equipment and everybody pick same because they are simply so much better than "other".

BTW, if you want to reduce damage of special (premium ammo) but are afraid of premium vehicles (as reducing their premium ammo damage can be considered nerf in statistics) there is simple solution - just add to Repair Kit (both small and large) additional property "Reduce damage from special ammunition by xy %". You didn't nerf premium ammo directly so nobody with premium vehicl can complain but you simply added aditional charasteristic to Repair Kits which anyway everybody have equiped.

Gremlin182 #74 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62137 battles

View PostMaauru, on 25 March 2020 - 11:39 PM, said:

Looking nice.

Equipment and Crew skill are really due for changes because they are "boring" and give no variety in game.

More or less there are "standard" setups of crew skills and equipment and everybody pick same because they are simply so much better than "other".

BTW, if you want to reduce damage of special (premium ammo) but are afraid of premium vehicles (as reducing their premium ammo damage can be considered nerf in statistics) there is simple solution - just add to Repair Kit (both small and large) additional property "Reduce damage from special ammunition by xy %". You didn't nerf premium ammo directly so nobody with premium vehicl can complain but you simply added aditional charasteristic to Repair Kits which anyway everybody have equiped.

I had a somewhat similar idea that using consumables and equipment you could reduce or prevent damage stun and so on.

For example spal liners exist to protect crew and internal modules from spal ie fragments of armour plate flaking off and bouncing around the tank.

So redo spal liners so HEAT HESH and HE have a reduced effect if you equip one.

That leaves it up to the players do you only use equipment that increases firepower or do you use it to reduce damage or a balance of the two.

More crew skills a medical equivalent to the toolbox and so on.

APCR can be nerfed by making it a close to medium shell with a greater drop off in pen at long range.

Vukila #75 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38109 battles
  • [PG-TA] PG-TA

View PostCh1valry, on 25 March 2020 - 11:38 PM, said:

Money.

hmmmm... actually not. banned players can play on a different account if they wish so. its not like they are sitting in jail waiting to get out and pay money to wg. besides, letting cheaters back will make decent people stop playing. this is like the most stupid idea ever. cheaters should be just burried deeper.

22:48 Added after 1 minute

View PostMaauru, on 25 March 2020 - 11:39 PM, said:

Looking nice.

everything you say just hurts my brain.

Unicorn_of_Steel #76 Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18936 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A

Read the piece about crew 2.0 a couple of times. Looks rather complicated (tbh... I don't get it...) and has absolutely nothing to do with a irl tank crew. I would very much appreciate it if this further step away from reality is scrapped per today.

Edited by Unicorn_of_Steel, 26 March 2020 - 07:39 AM.

Spurtung #77 Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:04 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78739 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostTankagoon1, on 25 March 2020 - 10:06 PM, said:

Making all tanks visible, 5 minutes before the end of a match and visible all the time in other events, like Grand Battles?

You're not very smart, are you?

Zentry #78 Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 38167 battles
well lost faith in you guys long time ago WG

grouch666 #79 Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:15 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15155 battles
  • [UWA] UWA

I don’t get his personally:-

No. If a player had already researched this vehicle they will keep it or the ability to buy it which means that they will not lose anything when it becomes a Collectors' Vehicle. This is why there will be no compensation. Learn more about it here.

I spent real money for gold and xp boosts to unlock these tanks. No one else has to do this in 1.9 and can access them for free. How is this even fair? I have had these tanks for 1 week.

What even is the point in farming out obscure tanks, if you are going to make them available to everyone if it becomes long in the tooth?

I might as well wait and only focus on the overpowered lines. I’m sure this will really help the game with only objects (edit and double barrels) everywhere.

Edited by grouch666, 26 March 2020 - 12:16 AM.

Temid23 #80 Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 60477 battles
  • [G-STR] G-STR

Not bad with exception of crew skills rework and equipment rework...

Commander representing crew, with skill tree? Like in WOWS? Thank you but NO.

Do you have any idea how god damn annoying this system is if you have big port/garage?

Any balancing change in WOWS result with need of resetting commander skills + reworking your ship equipment = spending resource on new equipment/ or replacing equipment even if commander reset is free.

Just NO :angry:

Edited by Temid23, 26 March 2020 - 12:24 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users