• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

oneshotraptor #1 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10084 battles
  • [DAST] DAST

Hello Everyone!

I'm looking for help in terms of researching the fake vehicles in World of Tanks, I made a video recently regarding the Fake tanks and inaccurate

Italy

Czechoslovakia

America

China

Russia

Now i'm looking for tanks for part 2, Part 2 essentially includes the tech tree's that are not in Part 1:

Germany

France

Great Britain

Poland

Sweden

Japan

I will also include tanks that I missed in the tech trees that I covered in part 1!

If you have any tanks that you know are fake or have any links to areas where I can research please let me know!

Note: I always try and ask the community for their opinions before I start fully researching the video's (whether it be on Reddit, here or Facebook), it's great hearing what everyone thinks!

Here is the link to part 1 for anyone who wishes to check it out!

barison1 #2 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:24 PM

Major

• Player
  • 47123 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

expected a whine about wot being not historical and complains about ebr line being fantasy, was pleasantly surprised to see something total differend

UDES projects wise this was pretty interesting to see for me; https://www.ointres.se/udes.htm

Edited by barison1, 25 March 2020 - 08:31 PM.

leggasiini #3 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18585 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Japanese super-heavies are often labeled as completely fictional/fake/made up by WG, but how fake they actually are?

O-I Experimental - completely fictional

O-I - real, prototype/partial prototype built

O-Ni -  fictional, but not fabricated by WG

O-Ho - fictional, but not fabricated by WG

Type 4 Heavy and Type 5 Heavy - possibly real, but at least partially fictional in-game

Aside from the O-I Exp. which is blatantly fake and O-I which is real, the Japanese super-heavies are very confusing when it comes to historical accuracy.

Every other Japanese tank has at least one prototype built, so rest of them are all real. The Japanese TDs that were very recently introduced in Wot Blitz are all real as well (not built, however), but have some unhistorical gun upgrades, artificially inflated armor and inaccurate names.

Edited by leggasiini, 25 March 2020 - 08:57 PM.

splash_time #4 Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16487 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
E50M and Jd.pz e100 I believe, but not sure.

_zzzz_ #5 Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 920 battles
  • [-4O4-] -4O4-

View Postbarison1, on 25 March 2020 - 08:24 PM, said:

UDES projects wise this was pretty interesting to see for me; https://www.ointres.se/udes.htm

A very interesting read (with some help of GoogleTranslate hehe). :great:

Edited by _zzzz_, 25 March 2020 - 09:20 PM.

splash_time #6 Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16487 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_zzzz_, on 25 March 2020 - 11:09 PM, said:

A very interesting read (with some help of GoogleTranslate hehe). :great:

Didn't work for me(I'm using phone). :(

Bulldog_Drummond #7 Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35753 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

It would be a good starting point to assume that all tanks in the game are fakes

It is possible that there could be a handful of exceptions but I haven't come across them yet.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77199 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

The thing to keep in mind, as pointed out with the Jap tanks. Is that most of the fake tanks are made up of pieces scattered across archives even WG doesn't have access to. They did send out people that can go to them to do research for them to go to these tank vaults. So it's not as easy to prove or disprove design aspects on some of them, as not all that info is... digital. 

On some WG just filled the gaps they needed on their own if there was no info about it.

Edited by Balc0ra, 25 March 2020 - 10:02 PM.

So_So_English #9 Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11409 battles

germany quite easy

JPE100, no such tank, it was a what if made by a modeller

E50/E50M/E75, only a few vague proposals, never even got past fag packet drawing except for the suspension which had a full blueprint proposal by Dr Porsche

Mauschen, full WG trash, there was only ever 1 Maus project, no previous concepts or test vehicles at all

Vk45 A and B, A was built as a test vehicle and possibly one shell (no engine, transmission) might have been used as a bunker, B version only a paper drawing

E25   pure discusson vehicle, never got to any stage of proposal, blue print, initial drawings etc

Jagdpanther 2, just a drawing, no blueprints

GWE Toger P and GWE100 pure fantasy

grille 15 probably pure fantasy as i have not found  whiff of it anywhere but WOT

rest seem mostly documented to some degree

21:40 Added after 5 minute

View Postleggasiini, on 25 March 2020 - 08:53 PM, said:

Japanese super-heavies are often labeled as completely fictional/fake/made up by WG, but how fake they actually are?

Type 4 Heavy and Type 5 Heavy - possibly real, but at least partially fictional in-game

Aside from the O-I Exp. which is blatantly fake and O-I which is real, the Japanese super-heavies are very confusing when it comes to historical accuracy.

Every other Japanese tank has at least one prototype built, so rest of them are all real. The Japanese TDs that were very recently introduced in Wot Blitz are all real as well (not built, however), but have some unhistorical gun upgrades, artificially inflated armor and inaccurate names.

yep, not really designed as tanks but as emergency fortifications as Japan needed coast defences and had no concrete at this stage of the war

Homer_J #10 Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:47 PM

Field Marshal

• 33857 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Moved to the videos section as it appears to be a video.

So_So_English #11 Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11409 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 25 March 2020 - 10:47 PM, said:

Moved to the videos section as it appears to be a video.

so another topic buried

Homer_J #12 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:01 PM

Field Marshal

• 33857 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSo_So_English, on 25 March 2020 - 09:48 PM, said:

so another topic buried

It's up to you guys if a section of the forum doesn't get visited.  If anything the topic is more likely to stay on the first page here than it would in gameplay.

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #13 Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23901 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View Postoneshotraptor, on 25 March 2020 - 07:05 PM, said:

Hello Everyone!

I'm looking for help in terms of researching the fake vehicles in World of Tanks, I made a video recently regarding the Fake tanks and inaccurate

Italy

Czechoslovakia

America

China

Russia

Now i'm looking for tanks for part 2, Part 2 essentially includes the tech tree's that are not in Part 1:

Germany

France

Great Britain

Poland

Sweden

Japan

I will also include tanks that I missed in the tech trees that I covered in part 1!

If you have any tanks that you know are fake or have any links to areas where I can research please let me know!

Note: I always try and ask the community for their opinions before I start fully researching the video's (whether it be on Reddit, here or Facebook), it's great hearing what everyone thinks!

Here is the link to part 1 for anyone who wishes to check it out!

Nice video.
Is facecam too big maybe a bit?
Nvm what do I know of videomaking? XD
I can only say I liked it, U have potential to be a good videomaker :D

Edited by Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet, 26 March 2020 - 01:54 AM.

leggasiini #14 Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:26 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18585 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostSo_So_English, on 25 March 2020 - 11:35 PM, said:

Mauschen, full WG trash, there was only ever 1 Maus project, no previous concepts or test vehicles at all

Mäuschen actually did exist:

Spoiler

And wrong, while there was just 1 Maus project, the design of the Maus did change over time, as did its name (it was called Mäuschen at one point of the development). The Mäuschen we have in-game was part of the same project as the Maus, being simply an earlier design of the same vehicle. The Maus is the finalized version that got built as a prototype. Mäuschen only remained in blueprints.

Similarly, the VK 100 and VK 168 also existed as different development stages of the Maus project.

oneshotraptor #15 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10084 battles
  • [DAST] DAST

View Postbarison1, on 25 March 2020 - 07:24 PM, said:

expected a whine about wot being not historical and complains about ebr line being fantasy, was pleasantly surprised to see something total differend

Rather interesting stuff, will keep that page in mind!
A few people who watched the first one thought it'd just be a rant/whine. i try to stay away from rants :D

15:24 Added after 1 minute

View Postleggasiini, on 25 March 2020 - 07:53 PM, said:

I'll go over this in the video! And talk about which are fabricated and which aren't, kinda what i done with the chinese TD's!

On a side note, seen and read a few of your posts from time to time, you post very interesting stuff! :D

15:26 Added after 3 minute

View PostSo_So_English, on 25 March 2020 - 09:35 PM, said:

germany quite easy

JPE100, no such tank, it was a what if made by a modeller

E50/E50M/E75, only a few vague proposals, never even got past fag packet drawing except for the suspension which had a full blueprint proposal by Dr Porsche

Vk45 A and B, A was built as a test vehicle and possibly one shell (no engine, transmission) might have been used as a bunker, B version only a paper drawing

E25   pure discusson vehicle, never got to any stage of proposal, blue print, initial drawings etc

Jagdpanther 2, just a drawing, no blueprints

GWE Toger P and GWE100 pure fantasy

grille 15 probably pure fantasy as i have not found  whiff of it anywhere but WOT

rest seem mostly documented to some degree

21:40 Added after 5 minute

yep, not really designed as tanks but as emergency fortifications as Japan needed coast defences and had no concrete at this stage of the war

Germany seems to have a lot! will defos look into the tech tree further! :)

Thank you for the comment and information

15:27 Added after 4 minute

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 26 March 2020 - 12:48 AM, said:

Nice video.
Is facecam too big maybe a bit?
Nvm what do I know of videomaking? XD
I can only say I liked it, U have potential to be a good videomaker :D

I'll try push the webcam a bit more to the side! The channel incorporates my face a lot :) the layout in the video is a new one as it used to be me just talking!
Glad you liked the video!

hope your having a good day

15:28 Added after 5 minute

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 March 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

The thing to keep in mind, as pointed out with the Jap tanks. Is that most of the fake tanks are made up of pieces scattered across archives even WG doesn't have access to. They did send out people that can go to them to do research for them to go to these tank vaults. So it's not as easy to prove or disprove design aspects on some of them, as not all that info is... digital. 

On some WG just filled the gaps they needed on their own if there was no info about it.

I will keep this in mind! i know WG in terms of russian tanks had to create the LTTB's turret as the drawings were just of the hull :)

Also tagged with World of tanks, fake tanks, tanks, fake

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users