• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:53 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20861 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

First.

Tagged as opinion so you safely dismiss this thread without having to read it. It's just that: my opinion. You can say "f### you, Windy. You know nothing about WoT, etc". That's OK.

Second.

Next Steps - Compensation

Blueprints

Special Shells

HE shells

Artillery

Crew 2.0

Equipment 2.0

Ranked 2020/2021

Vehicle Balancing

The Rest

Edited by WindSplitter1, 25 March 2020 - 10:53 PM.

Homer_J #2 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:25 PM

Field Marshal

• 33644 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I don't see crew 2.0 happening and only a 50:50 chance that the equipment rework will go ahead.

Crew skills need refreshing but that's all, no need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Equipment also needs some rework, perhaps some new equipment and maybe remove it from low tiers or make the price scale with tier.

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #3 Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23745 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
Wargaming have not given a single good reason for content removal.
It's NOT like they have to pay for upkeep of the tanks they already included ingame.
People like tanks in low and high places - tiers.
Players, even new also like games that are complex, rich in content and I don't think removing content will be good for attracting new playerbase. Example of game that only gained from getting more and more complex is Paradox'es Europa Universalis IV - the more features / mechanics they introduced the more popular the game became. And people now even complain it's too "bland" XD

LethalWalou #4 Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:36 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34832 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 26 March 2020 - 12:46 AM, said:

Please do list all the tanks that are being removed from the game, or any other ''content removal'' that is going to happen. The only thing that is actually going is one of the Russian arties.

This is just another overreaction to things, you keep repeating that content is being removed and how that's unacceptable... But the reality is completely different to your fear mongering.

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #5 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23745 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostLethalWalou, on 26 March 2020 - 01:36 AM, said:

Please do list all the tanks that are being removed from the game, or any other ''content removal'' that is going to happen. The only thing that is actually going is one of the Russian arties.

This is just another overreaction to things, you keep repeating that content is being removed and how that's unacceptable... But the reality is completely different to your fear mongering.

Please. Most players won't care about many tanks, just trying to rush tier X as soon as  possible. This will lead to situation where battles will become, well, more bland. We will see much much less variety on the battlefield. Same tanks all the time.

This "oh, if you really want you can have it" is weak by WG. Most people won't do it.
And my main point anyway was "what reason for lowering the variety" ?
And what about tanks above tier VI? I have T54 trying to get T62. Will it be like ISU152? Will they soon buff T62A and sell it as premium / make us grind a campaign for it?

LethalWalou #6 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:34 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34832 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 26 March 2020 - 03:07 AM, said:

And my main point anyway was "what reason for lowering the variety" ?

No it wasn't, you clearly claimed that they are going to remove content. I asked what content are they removing, which you of course avoided answering.

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #7 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23745 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostLethalWalou, on 26 March 2020 - 03:34 AM, said:

No it wasn't, you clearly claimed that they are going to remove content. I asked what content are they removing, which you of course avoided answering.

Oh, so now you're gonna tell me what my point was ?

TankkiPoju #8 Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:11 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25138 battles

Seems to me under recent news, WG will just buff armor more with IS4 and E100.

Which probably means the special ammo changes will not happen. WG probably did the math and concluded it would cut into their earnings so they just buff armor. Which of course makes people shoot even more "special ammo" and make +2 MM even worse for lower tiers.

wsatnutter #9 Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:20 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26990 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostHomer_J, on 25 March 2020 - 10:25 PM, said:

I don't see crew 2.0 happening and only a 50:50 chance that the equipment rework will go ahead.

Crew skills need refreshing but that's all, no need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Equipment also needs some rework, perhaps some new equipment and maybe remove it from low tiers or make the price scale with tier.

this

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:46 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 36325 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 26 March 2020 - 04:44 AM, said:

Oh, so now you're gonna tell me what my point was ?

Well, you said it..

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 26 March 2020 - 01:46 AM, said:

Homer_J #11 Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:13 AM

Field Marshal

• 33644 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 26 March 2020 - 03:07 AM, said:

And what about tanks above tier VI? I have T54 trying to get T62. Will it be like ISU152? Will they soon buff T62A and sell it as premium / make us grind a campaign for it?

In case you didn't find out already, don't spend exp on the T-62A, everyone who has any tier X Russian tank researched will be able to buy it if the current plan goes ahead.

Richthoffen #12 Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:26 AM

Major

• Player
  • 32068 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

the whole thing gives me the feeling wg has lost the connection to the players.. crew are fine as they are now they don't need to messed up specially for players that spend 8 years training crews, techtrees are fine, if you can't figure them out how bad is your desision making in batlle?

stun is one of the most annoying things but they will not remove it as they are clueless what to do with arty (here's a hint wg, remove the griever class)

vehicle rebalance.. yes remove weakspots and make things like the is4 idiot prove so steve the is7 driver can change tanks sometime.

trying to balance the game by gathered data alone is not going to work, get some people to play your own game and experience it

Flicka #13 Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23687 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

View PostHomer_J, on 25 March 2020 - 11:25 PM, said:

Exactly, some skill are not used by anybody, maybe if you get 5th or higher skill on a crew member (armorer, signal boosting, relaying, deadeye, call for vengeance).

Some are extremely important, 1sk skill always is Sixth sense, and almost everybody goes for the safe stowage, brother in arms, and smooth ride, clutch braking and camo for some classes).

Sixth sense should be a standard perk on a crew member hitting 100% like they said plenty of times before.

So, crew skills do require some work, but not that much. I can only hope they will just not remove all the unused ones and add OP ones, like "quick hands=increases speed of reloading shells"...oh god, just imagine skills like those. Just speeding up the damn game.

As for equipment, class specific EQ might work, think we already have a piece that only super heavies can use, giving like optics only to light tanks would be an interesting choice. Would it be bad, can not tell, but would not mind testing it out. And maybe making telescope the same view range as optics. 

But again, here we have unused equipment ( grousers, cyclone filter, CO2 filler), there is room for some interesting work here too.

SoupFork #14 Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16155 battles

My biggest concern about crew 2.0 is this one little sneaky sentence:  

• There will be so-called Special Crews—these are counsellors who will strengthen the Commanders.

smells to me like there will be premium/gold/cash only crews?

Cobra6 #15 Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16609 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

This equipment idea could make general gameplay even worse as WG seem to be hammered on squeezing tanks in set roles even going so far as admitting they will limit equipment choices for certain "roles" which is a *terrible* idea.

The current equipment system works like a charm and really doesn't need any changing apart from the pricing of certain items which is too much.

Cobra 6

24doom24 #16 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9202 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

Special Shells - I don't think people are playing more TDs just to deal with heavies...

Heavies are one of the worst classes to play. Armour that gets HEAT penned, bad gun handling and dpm, usually slow, perma stunned and tracked by arta, out spotted by everything can't spot anything back. Unless you are playing something OP like a 279e or chieftain or something with great mobility like 277 heavies are just HP pinatas for everyone else. People play TDs because THAT is the forgiving class that's easy to play. Heavies need this ammo change but it should be balanced with more weakspots on heavies. You should be rewarded for using standard ammo and knowing where to shoot instead of just pressing the 2 key while barely being conscious.

HE Shells - Funnily enough WG said they wanted to make them more consistent but instead they did the opposite. 4005 shell hits for 230 followed by 1000 damage on the same armour plate, go to bed WG. 

Artillery - Stun needs to be removed ASAP. M44 is not premium, you might be talking about the Lefh. Also the 152K is actually pretty bad all it has is 286 pen but everything else is worse than the tech tree version. 

Crew - I still don't know why WG hasn't made sixth sense a built in perk for every commander. Other than the grind being too long when you hit 4 or 5 skills I don't see anything wrong with the current system. In fact the crew books shorten that grind considerably. I was a able to get a 4 skill soviet medium crew immediately because of the christmas bonuses. 

Equipment - Not a fan of this one either, imagine not being able to use a gld for a tank with a 3.6s aim time because "it doesn't fit their play style".

Ranked - Or they could make the player base happy and just nerf them. 

Vehicle rebalance - That's because these tanks are infamous for being bad and being neglected for far to long by WG to the point where it became a meme. Also don't worry, the EBRs will get their much deserved nerf.

Edited by 24doom24, 26 March 2020 - 04:26 PM.

mgns #17 Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 42666 battles
is more alpha really what the game needs?

LethalWalou #18 Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34832 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View Postmgns, on 26 March 2020 - 06:15 PM, said:

is more alpha really what the game needs?

Not really but we've kinda drifted past that point already. So currently they are going to bring some of the tanks, relatively nerfed by alpha increasing around them, to the new standards and not past it. If they had gone with 560 instead of 530, then it would have definitely been too much. I'd agree though that 490 was perfectly fine for E75. For E 100 it might be a useful buff on the ''stock'' gun and make that gun the preferred one. We'll see how it goes.

snowlywhite #19 Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28771 battles

View Post24doom24, on 26 March 2020 - 04:25 PM, said:

Special Shells - I don't think people are playing more TDs just to deal with heavies...

Heavies are one of the worst classes to play. Armour that gets HEAT penned, bad gun handling and dpm, usually slow, perma stunned and tracked by arta, out spotted by everything can't spot anything back. Unless you are playing something OP like a 279e or chieftain or something with great mobility like 277 heavies are just HP pinatas for everyone else. People play TDs because THAT is the forgiving class that's easy to play. Heavies need this ammo change but it should be balanced with more weakspots on heavies. You should be rewarded for using standard ammo and knowing where to shoot instead of just pressing the 2 key while barely being conscious.

I suppose that's why heavies always had the highest WR of all classes, right? Because they're xp pinata. Out of the actual tank classes(light, med, heavy), they're by far the closest to idiot proof. Ok, they're not at arta level.

otherwise, I'd agree with lowering dmg on gold if they'd redesign the armor layouts. But that won't ever happen. You're basically asking wg to reduce their income by promoting actual rebalance. And making standard ammo more relevant. What are the chances? They're not charity.

the current offer is simply an indirect big buff to heavies(again, the most idiot proff out of actual tank classes). And(way less) to wheelies. I mean, I load apcr at start if I know I have to do the "hunt that pigeon" routine due to increased shell velocity.

Also tagged with New Balance, 2020

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users