Tell Me About The Strv m/42-57 And The HT N0. Vl

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: STRV m/42-57 vs HT No.6 (29 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Of these two, the better tank is

1. STRV (21 votes [72.41%])

Percentage of vote: 72.41%

2. HT No.6 (8 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

Vote Hide poll

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32918 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Calling for some Forum insight on these two reward tanks.

I already have the over powered T-34-85M btw which would probably be the weapon of choice from these 3 if not the entire of tier6 possibly so no point adding that, I know all about that tank. As for these two, no idea. 

I have a crew for the STRV medium although they maybe not the same skills to match or even crew number(I have the Udes something something) and I do like both meds and A-L's so I'm leaning towards this one ignorant of what it's actually like, at a glance it looks a but slow and maybe wobbly gun handling, bad view range... so... maybe it's not fun or worth bothering with?

As for the Japanese Tiger, I currently have no crew or any tanks of this nation. Now, that might not actually be a bad thing and might open the door into this nation of tanks I have currently ignored although lets keep in mind that this is not the med line and would only support the big fat Godzilla super dooper heavy line so... hmmmm. That said I also have to use up those reward commanders so maybe I could pop one in this fake Tiger and just play it exclusively for this tank and this tank alone, possibly making a transfer of the eventual trained crew to meds when I lose interest in this tank.

I have played this short 88 lots of times so at least have some experience with this gun. It's a pretty solid gun for T6, a little bit derpy with standard AP and a bit loose unless fully aimed but I'm only comparing it to the closest tank I have with this gun which is the VK(P) at tier6 which is a med and as such is a LOT more flex than a big fat flat armored zero camo slow heavy tank.

What you think?

EDIT- Actually lets get a poll on that.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 25 March 2020 - 11:06 PM.

Dramya #2 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16918 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_
The HT no.IV has the same problems as the Tiger, it's big, slow and has flat armor. From my own experience it is not very good, though situationally it can be decent.

The Strv on the other hand is actually quite good. It's not excellent but it has a decent combination of things plus it has an auto-loader which not many people will expect on a non-french tank. This tank is a bit of an underdog, in the right hands it can shine.

BravelyRanAway #3 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24967 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostDramya, on 25 March 2020 - 10:36 PM, said:

The HT no.IV has the same problems as the Tiger, it's big, slow and has flat armor. From my own experience it is not very good, though situationally it can be decent.

The Strv on the other hand is actually quite good. It's not excellent but it has a decent combination of things plus it has an auto-loader which not many people will expect on a non-french tank. This tank is a bit of an underdog, in the right hands it can shine.

I'd be the opposite to that.

I find the HT No.VI very good, solid and quite bouncy.

The Strv is soft and that poor gun depression on a med just reduces the places you can use as cover. True some do well in it but not me so much, I'd say Tungsten could make it work.

Pansenmann #4 Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37297 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
If it has an FL10 turret it can't be bad. :)

hoveruss #5 Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:19 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21728 battles
  • [E-VO] E-VO

I love the STRV, my win rate is 10% higher than the T35/85 and almost repectable. I think it slows me down, and stops me being a [edited].

Anyway, loads of fun. Its just basically a great gun on a cr@p chassis.

NekoPuffer_PPP #6 Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:48 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36004 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

I liked the tier 6 Tigers. I have both, but am not playing them anymore.

I don't recall any bad things about them...they're not bad. At tier 6, the armor actually works, somewhat.

I don't have the Strv so I dunno what it's like, but it's got an autoloader so it's probably quite strong at mid ranges. It's not a brawler because the armor is cheese, but I'm not sure about sniping...

krismorgan #7 Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38091 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
Only have the tiger so cannot comment on the swede,but its situational,slow with no armour.

TheDrownedApe #8 Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:58 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51875 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
i've just got the Strv, but only becasue i have the other two. I suspect i might like ti due to the autoloader but i will wait and see

fwhaatpiraat #9 Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 61793 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Posthoveruss, on 26 March 2020 - 12:19 AM, said:

I love the STRV, my win rate is 10% higher than the T35/85 and almost repectable. I think it slows me down, and stops me being a [edited].

Anyway, loads of fun. Its just basically a great gun on a cr@p chassis.

This very much. Potato mobility and view range, gun handling also suck iirc. But 4x150 damage in 6 seconds is really powerful. Isn't the most fun play style imo...

Japtiger is for years in my garage, but bever played it. I think it can work quite well at tier 6, but I rather have the extra mobility of the VK30.01P.

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32918 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Ya fair enough, good points and so I went with the STRV.

Interesting looking tank actually, no idea what to expect and I'll play it later. Thankfully it turned out the crew from the UDES 14 slot straight in and skills are the same so that was excellent and puts this tank in a strong offering straight away.

I went with vents optics and.... binos. There actually isn't that many other viable options tbh. It doesn't take a rammer being an A-L obviously and it doesn't feature a Vstab option too so really, once the vents and optics loaded up, it's a through up between binos, gld or a camo net. I felt that I would always want optics for a perma-improved view range while moving about but the view range is pretty bad on this tank even with a pretty decent crew and food, only getting 433 with optics and personally I never like not being able to flood and area of the map with full view range and beyond so naturally that meant carrying the binos. For me, there's just too many bad light tank players which don't scout or know how to, refuse too, or die early or camp redline etc so I always want that view range and feel it's just so important especially on bigger maps and can be vital for both me and my team throughout the battle since I'm experienced and can maybe take this tank to key vantage points and spots targets that other teammates simply wouldn't think of or know how to do, especially at tier6 so it's binos for me. I put food in there also since it's a premium tank and when combined with the damage and spotting I hopefully will be doing, should more than cover that 20k credits most the time but what that does is sharpen up that ropey gun handling and improve everything else too so let's see how it goes.

Thanks for the feedback. You can see the view range and firepower stats etc in the screenshot FYI. 

mpf1959 #11 Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:50 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34006 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT
I have both.

Cobra6 #12 Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16609 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Strv has an autoloader so STRV is the better tank, that is the short answer.

Long answer: The Tiger has no functional armor, meh gun and meh mobility. he Strv has a pretty good gun with a 4 shot clip, some gun depression and mobility.

Only drawback to the Strv is that the engine get's killed, not damaged but killed, by one Cromwell shot in the front. It's some kind of wonky hitbox or WAAAAAAY to low module health which WG still haven't addressed properly last time I checked.

Cobra 6

fwhaatpiraat #13 Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 61793 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostCobra6, on 26 March 2020 - 01:56 PM, said:

Strv has an autoloader so STRV is the better tank, that is the short answer.

Long answer: The Tiger has no functional armor, meh gun and meh mobility. he Strv has a pretty good gun with a 4 shot clip, some gun depression and mobility.

Only drawback to the Strv is that the engine get's killed, not damaged but killed, by one Cromwell shot in the front. It's some kind of wonky hitbox or WAAAAAAY to low module health which WG still haven't addressed properly last time I checked.

Cobra 6

The Japtiger does have functionable armor, but only when it's top tier. Turret/mantlet is also reasonably strong I suppose. 

_Carpaccio_ #14 Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37934 battles

Strv has basically only that clip potencial for nice ambushes, dont need to say what others already said about the tank. Nippon Tiger/Tiger 131 is in my opinion one of the best tier 6 heavies. Armor of Tiger I on T6 can actually bounce something, sometimes :D , nice gun with still only "good" mediocre pene (actually not so bad for T6), but dunno how for others but I found gun handling pretty good for T6. Also nice DPM, aim time and accu. 88 KwK 36/L56 used to real crap but its pretty good now.

Edited by _Carpaccio_, 26 March 2020 - 03:47 PM.

tank276 #15 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 54915 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

I found the strv pretty fun tank for tier 6 (and with crew with 4 skills).

I just played a few JapTiger battle, seems mediocre to me.

_GrooziN_ #16 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2187 battles
Strongly advice running large repair kit on STRV. Tracking + dead engine is very common. 

TungstenHitman #17 Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:54 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32918 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Ya I think it was the right choice so again thanks guys. A medium tank with a mag for 600 dmg at tier6, I have to like that more than some heavy tank really don't I? It's certainly an odd-ball of a tank and that's a good thing tbh because if it was just the same as something I already have well I have played 32k+ battles of WoT and that would just bore me to death and I wouldn't play it so this tank has my interest and that makes it good for me at least.

Played it for 5 battles so hardly a big insight into how it is but enough to say I like it and that I would confirm the equipment choice I originally guessed would work, vents, optics, binos and food.

This is the 5th battle or something. From that you can see the benefits of the binos and food along with the economics of running this tank. I actually made a profit and even shot some gold at a T-150 or something so it's certainly comfortable to play at a better offering than some non-food stock sort of thing. Happy. Although in this replay you can see the problem with playing mid-tiers or any tier with noobs or selfish players tbh as a KV2 parks right beside me and if he gets spotted with big zero camo tank then I get killed basically and you can be sure he reverses behind me had he been spotted and the battle is very different suddenly but was ok in this battle but can expect this sort of shhhh tbh.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5292272#province-tungstenhitman-strv_m_42-57_alt_a_2

General_Philip #18 Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2081 battles
Out of all three I chose Strv and gotta it's very accurate and is a great tank if you know how to play autoloaders. Played 18 games, average damage 1.2k. It's a nice little ambush/assassin tank.

Mr_Burrows #19 Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:09 AM

Major

• Player
  • 51469 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

STRV requires that you re-think your normal positions and positioning, as it has bad gun depression. That, and make sure you load a hefty amount of gold ammo, because you need to do dmg when you trade. Your hull will bounce absolutely nothing, so make them shots count. You also will have to pen from the front a lot of times, due to being too slow to get "into positions". 

Think of it as a slow AMX 12. You simply do not pen enemy tanks from the front with the -12. 

Flip side is that reload is pretty fast, and that you can dish out a lot of hurt quickly. It is also almost a sort of odd thing to see one on the battlefield. 

Pansenmann #20 Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37297 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
this is how I left it in garage last time :justwait:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users