Non stop playing against stronger tiers. Fed up with this crap.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Clint___ #1 Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5515 battles

First i must say i like this game, i understand the mechanics and strategy it implies but it's really getting annoying to play non stop against +1 and +2 tier tanks. 

It's literary 9 times out of 10 playing against +1 and +2. Even if you get a couple of hits, you are actually at the mercy of your own players. If your high tier teammates are good, you ride the coattail and win the game, if not, you loose it. 

It really feels like is am used as a sparring partner so that there are enough tanks for high tier and premium tanks to kill. Day after day the entire enthusiasm of playing this game is lower and lower. The battle isn't even started and i want it finished so maybe the next one i'll have opponents of my own level. But no, round after round there are +1 and +2 opponents. 

My tier 5 and tier 6 KV tanks should be transformed in bush campers and maybe i'll get a hit or two against tier 7 and 8 heavy or td. So what's the point in playing anymore ?

Do i need to pay money to have an equal chance on this game, is this the game policy ? Everyone displaying their stats and badges out here, could they plz display the opponents they knocked out in order to acquire them ? If you are playing 7 games out of 10 against tanks you'll penetrate virtually anywhere you hit them, it's really an easy game to master, right ?

Plz, anyone who does not use gold and premium tanks and still have same level opponents, plz tell me what you are doing so i could do the same.

OohSpicy #2 Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27722 battles

You have a good point that it is due to top tier players in those games to decide who wins and who loses.. BUT I must also make a comment that in +1 scenario, the difference aint that huge. The skill and knowledge comes in when you must act as a support for your higher tier tanks in the match, especially in +2 games. You know, use HP wisely, make your shots count (not just wiff them somewhere but actually aim them into weak(er)points) or track the enemy for your teammates to kill. You can study your "nemesis" tanks from tanks.gg and learn the weaker armor plates on tanks.

I completely understand that it sucks to play against higher tier tanks most of the time, but that is how it works, in order to be top tier more often MM would be needed to make it so that there is more top tiers and fewer low tiers in the match, but "sadly" it isnt like that. With right positioning you can pretty much always focus on enemy tanks which are same tier as you. It comes down to your experience and skill.

thetartanbaron #3 Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:35 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5377 battles
I agree playing against +2 can suck especially at tier 6 because the difference between tier 6 and 8 is so large and heavy tanks are penalised hardest because they have limited mobility and their armour is useless against two tiers higher. At tier 5 not so much because tier 7 tanks are essentially tier 6 tanks with more hit points so you can penetrate them it just takes more shots to kill them. Stats I've collected show that playing at tier 5 and 6 you should be bottom tier at +2 30% of the time, which is a lot but much better than it used to be. +1 tier you should be able to handle. If you can get to tier 7 that seems to be a sweet spot because I'm bottom tier in +2 only 15% of the time and top tier 12%. There is no pay for better matchmaking, premium account users get the same MM as free to play however it does make it possible to use more premium ammo against higher tiers

Homer_J #4 Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:44 AM

Field Marshal

• 33719 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostClint___, on 25 March 2020 - 11:39 PM, said:

First i must say i like this game, i understand the mechanics and strategy it implies but it's really getting annoying to play non stop against +1 and +2 tier tanks. 

I really doubt it is constant but it would be easy for you to post up ten consecutive replays as proof.  Upload them to wotreplays.eu

But even if you did all it takes is a change of attitude, I'm happy when I am bottom tier because I don't have the responsibility of having to perform well.  It's a chance to go do my own thing and relax a little.

Slind #5 Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58408 battles
Yes, that is a recent problem. They fixed the MM for T8 tanks, so they don't meet T9 or T10 tanks that often anymore, meaning they meet either only T8 or lower tiers. The other problem is that there is so many T8 tanks, they aren't all playing against other T8 tanks. I've noticed with my T7 lights I'm quite often against T9 tanks.

Orkbert #6 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29470 battles

View PostClint___, on 26 March 2020 - 12:39 AM, said:

My tier 5 and tier 6 KV tanks should be transformed in bush campers and maybe i'll get a hit or two against tier 7 and 8 heavy or td. So what's the point in playing anymore ?

Mind explaining what the low tier tanks of the enemy did in those matches and why didn't you shoot at them? At least nowadays you always get a decent number of your same tier in every game.

Clint___ #7 Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5515 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 26 March 2020 - 10:44 AM, said:

But even if you did all it takes is a change of attitude, I'm happy when I am bottom tier because I don't have the responsibility of having to perform well.  It's a chance to go do my own thing and relax a little.

That was at first, but after you get hammered a lot of games in a row it gets quite annoying. Maybe for spg or tank destroyers it does not feel like that but for medium and heavy tanks it does. It also means you depend on your own team heavy tanks upper tiers to understand they need to take initiative, which brings me back to the feeling of just being a sparring partner. 

What is most annoying is that when i was tier 4 and 5 and played so much against higher tiers, i actually thought once i get to tier 6 and 7 it might go the other way around. But no, it's the same in tier 6 and 7. So i really don't get the math of this. Who are all those people who play -1 and -2 tiers all the time ? What are they doing and whom are they paying to get this matchmaking ?

Really the only joy i have left at the moment is playing tier 3 mostly and tiers 2 and 4 with the tanks i kept from those tiers. the entire KV line up to the IS is just sparring partner material and so is the T1 and M6 on the american line. 

Clint___ #8 Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5515 battles

View PostOrkbert, on 26 March 2020 - 04:59 PM, said:

Mind explaining what the low tier tanks of the enemy did in those matches and why didn't you shoot at them? At least nowadays you always get a decent number of your same tier in every game.

They can only ride the coattails of their own upper tier tanks. If those were good, they ended up well and if not, vice versa.

So many people are saying you just need to go in the places you fight your own level enemy tanks. But if you think of it, that explanation is recursive, it actually takes you back to the need of playing same level tanks which is my underlying issue in the first place.

facmanpob #9 Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5237 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
I was playing my Tier 7 VK 30.02 D yesterday and found myself against Tier 9 tanks assaulting Karelia. I try to max out view range on all my medium tanks for precisely this scenario. I played like a pseudo light, bush hopping my way to an advanced position in order to scout the enemy (very carefully). I only started shooting late in the battle. Eventually we won, I got 1k damage, 2.4k spotting and 3 kills, and came 4th for xp. We won.

Unfortunately being -2 MM is a part of the game (and is actually less prevalent than it used to be), and you just have to plan for it and adapt.

Edited by facmanpob, 26 March 2020 - 08:04 PM.

Steffin #10 Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28650 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF
Being the bottom tier in a battle makes you have less impact then top tier, but you still matter.  Your goal should be to be better then the opponents bottom tier tanks.  Most of the time when you win a flank, you win it with a couple of tanks still alive.  And if that group can support another flank, before it is completely lost, you will probably win.  But yes, it is more difficult for a bottom tier tank. And it is even more difficult for a slow tank.  With a bottom tier heavy, it is most of the time better to assist the mediums, then to face their heavies.  Worst thing you can do is camping in a bush with an inaccurate gun.  Try to stay alive.  You will learn more from trying to stay alive first and doing damage second, then the other way around. If staying alive is your first priority you will be able to try multiple options to deal damage within the same game.

SC_Maverick #11 Posted Yesterday, 12:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2586 battles

View PostClint___, on 26 March 2020 - 12:39 AM, said:

It's literary 9 times out of 10 playing against +1 and +2. Even if you get a couple of hits, you are actually at the mercy of your own players. If your high tier teammates are good, you ride the coattail and win the game, if not, you loose it. 

It really feels like is am used as a sparring partner so that there are enough tanks for high tier and premium tanks to kill. Day after day the entire enthusiasm of playing this game is lower and lower. The battle isn't even started and i want it finished so maybe the next one i'll have opponents of my own level. But no, round after round there are +1 and +2 opponents. 

Do i need to pay money to have an equal chance on this game, is this the game policy ? Everyone displaying their stats and badges out here, could they plz display the opponents they knocked out in order to acquire them ? If you are playing 7 games out of 10 against tanks you'll penetrate virtually anywhere you hit them, it's really an easy game to master, right ?

Plz, anyone who does not use gold and premium tanks and still have same level opponents, plz tell me what you are doing so i could do the same.

Totally agree with this.  Started off great, Level 1's v Level 1's. But as you progress it gets harder (obviously), with Level's 2 & 3 battling against L3 & L4 respectively. But beyond that, you can find yourselves battling against 2 levels above you.  Now I know this is OK for some, but when you get a basic L4 tank, up against a fully loaded L6 mammoth, you can be sat watching the game for 10 minutes after you get blasted within the first confrontation. This doesn't do much for your progression through the game.Not enjoyable at all.

Would it not be possible to be able to select what levels of opposition you wish to be in battle against, for example play v's your own level, or v's +1 or +2 levels up etc?  There are other games in this genre that have this option, and they are much more evenly matched, and more enjoyable to play. Now I know that those who have already progressed to the L9 & L10 and above will have a different viewpoint. Probably "we got through it all" etc, "just do it", but as it exists, less newcomers will be progressing through the ranks, and go to other similar shooters with a better chance of getting more enjoyment out of it.

As Clint says above, when you get past a certain level, the fun soon disappears, and you start to think "Bo##ocks to this".

To the Developers, please think about this! In the current state of the world, more and more people will be online, trying to find a way of passing the days of isolation, (that's how I started this game) but there's no way people are going to start paying real money for progression through these games. Every day there is a new "Deal" when I log-on. No income, no paying. 

Stay Safe

Gremlin182 #12 Posted Yesterday, 01:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62137 battles

While I do not mind the current MM and do not dislike +1 and +2 MM indeed I used to live the Light Tank MM which was usually +3.

The only problem I have now is that While I very often get +0 +1 and +2 I get far fewer games where I am facing -1 and -2.

That was the balancing factor.

You were top tier as often as you were bottom tier.

When top tier you can do very well beating up the lower tiers and when bottom tier you play more cautiously.

Whether players work as a team or not this is intended to be a team game.Your team has tanks that match the enemy team.

You personally in a tier 6 tank are not expected to fight Tier 7 or 8 tanks.

Your teams Tier 7 and 8 tanks are expected to do that.

You assist them as best you can, if they succeed the game is going well if they fail and die leaving the enemy strong tanks then the fight will be a lot tougher.

stormermp #13 Posted Yesterday, 01:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 51788 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostClint___, on 25 March 2020 - 11:39 PM, said:

Just stop funding it and supporting it,this game just does not do its purpose other than feed WG with money.It is not balanced,it is not fun or competitive team game,it's just a sad story of a mismanaged potential

Miepie #14 Posted Yesterday, 03:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5788 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Poststormermp, on 08 April 2020 - 01:51 PM, said:

Just stop funding it and supporting it,this game just does not do its purpose other than feed WG with money.It is not balanced,it is not fun or competitive team game,it's just a sad story of a mismanaged potential

And still you play every single day of every single week of every single month of every single year... Man, I wish I was your boss... I could whip you with barbed wire and steal your salary and you'd still come back to the office, even during weekends... :D:popcorn:

Dwigt #15 Posted Yesterday, 04:49 PM

Corporal

• WG Staff
  • 1190 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMiepie, on 08 April 2020 - 02:19 PM, said:

And still you play every single day of every single week of every single month of every single year... Man, I wish I was your boss... I could whip you with barbed wire and steal your salary and you'd still come back to the office, even during weekends... :D:popcorn:

But just don't

lbot #16 Posted Yesterday, 05:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18093 battles
Many people will tell you: learn to play. Meaning learn to beat not equals, but stronger players in stronger tanks. Some find it exciting. Tastes differ. I will tell you: try playing arty. In my experience that is the only way to have fun here while not making playing a game a second job. Because balance in WoT is clearly biased to favoring skilled players while disintegrating unskilled ones. Arty kind of makes people more equal here.

Gruff_ #17 Posted Yesterday, 09:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24742 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Look at it as a challenge, you have your own tier on the opposite team to fight, higher tier on your team to assist, and you get rewarded with more xp for shooting the higher tiers.  Being bottom tier really doesn't bother me though it did when I was new to the game,there is always something to do and I kind of miss when we had different matchmaking were you might see +3 tiers above!

Fully understand that it can be a frustrating challenge at times, more so when your own high tiers aren't performing as you would like.

Try to break down each battle to doing your best no matter what the eventual win/lose/draw outcome, avoid using xvm a this adds to tilt.  I give this advice but struggle not to get tilted by games myself at times ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users