illegal mods

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

DB9V122000 #1 Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:16 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14807 battles
So we all know about illegal mods and that basically if you use them you get banned. i have been playing in high level clans for years and i did not meet people using any, but sometimes i join skirmishes of smaller clans from the same nation as me to help them out. so basically what concerned me was that within the last year at least i met several players, using illegal mods. they admitted it. more specifically, tundra, aim bot, destruction on minimap or all of them together. of course i had to gain their trust for them to talk openly about this (their clans knew already) so a fair amount of them told me this. ''i pay <<this>> mod pack it is 10 euros per month. i use it for years and never been banned'' (i am not saying the name of the mod pack but most of them used the same and never got banned)  so fellas any thoughts about this? 

1ucky #2 Posted 27 March 2020 - 09:27 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 95088 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

I'd say something completely harmless about the topic but I won't cause I think that would be against the rules.

(Rule number whatever: ~"No discussion of illegal mods." )

Therefore I'd advise you to maybe better delete the topic, or else you might risk being banned for this. (I see absolutely no bad intent here, just saying better be safe perhaps.)

Edited by 1ucky, 27 March 2020 - 09:27 AM.

mpf1959 #3 Posted 27 March 2020 - 01:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 47082 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT
people that cheat is like someone paying the stud to shag a woman for them. WhyTheF would anyone do it?:amazed: They only cheat themselves at the end of the day, I may be crap, but it's all mine! :girl: 

_SpartanWarrior_ #4 Posted 27 March 2020 - 04:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42112 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
This topic is against the rules but I don't know...

Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 27 March 2020 - 05:31 PM

General

• Player
  • 12378 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

So... how good were those clans when they started using it, and how good are they now?

Think that'd be an indication on the practical value of most illegal mods.

DB9V122000 #6 Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14807 battles

View Post1ucky, on 27 March 2020 - 10:27 AM, said:

I'd say something completely harmless about the topic but I won't cause I think that would be against the rules.

Therefore I'd advise you to maybe better delete the topic, or else you might risk being banned for this. (I see absolutely no bad intent here, just saying better be safe perhaps.)

i want to think this rule is for those who will try to push illegal mods towards the players. other than that it would be a very shady move if this topic was censored in general. therefore i won't delete it just to see what happens. 

21:15 Added after 1 minute

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 27 March 2020 - 06:31 PM, said:

So... how good were those clans when they started using it, and how good are they now?

Think that'd be an indication on the practical value of most illegal mods.

the clans i have seen were all around 1.000 wn8  (+- 300) and they will get slightly better but not much. 

Homer_J #7 Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:41 PM

Field Marshal

• 35308 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post1ucky, on 27 March 2020 - 08:27 AM, said:

The post as it stands s fine but it is somewhat lacking in any kind of proof.  As it stands it reads like I know this guy who knows a guy who steals the crown jewels every other week then puts them back, trust me it's true.

Illegal mods exist, we know that.  Proof that a certain person/clan is using them would be against the forum rules so this discussion isn't going to go anywhere.

OP, send your concerns to support.

DB9V122000 #8 Posted 28 March 2020 - 11:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14807 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 28 March 2020 - 11:41 PM, said:

The post as it stands s fine but it is somewhat lacking in any kind of proof.  As it stands it reads like I know this guy who knows a guy who steals the crown jewels every other week then puts them back, trust me it's true.

Illegal mods exist, we know that.  Proof that a certain person/clan is using them would be against the forum rules so this discussion isn't going to go anywhere.

OP, send your concerns to support.

unfortunately i can not mention names in here. it's a couple of people admitting it. i could even ask for the replays for proof but even then i can't mention anyone. 

1ucky #9 Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:55 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 95088 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View PostDB9V122000, on 28 March 2020 - 10:14 PM, said:

i want to think this rule is for those who will try to push illegal mods towards the players. other than that it would be a very shady move if this topic was censored in general. therefore i won't delete it just to see what happens. 

21:15 Added after 1 minute

the clans i have seen were all around 1.000 wn8  (+- 300) and they will get slightly better but not much. 

So, 700-1300 WN8 *with* a cheat that has to be paid for??

Damn...

K, I guess those guys really need it.

Nothing against 700-1300 WN8 btw, I can still remember being far below 1000 at the start, for thousands and thousands of games actually... :P

... but I wasn't cheating! :trollface:

Gremlin182 #10 Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 73093 battles

Don't see any way for someone playing the game to know someone is using a mod so the only way is for them to tell you or in some cases record a game and put it online where we can see the mod effects.

So there is a place to buy such mods this has been talked about for years.

So whats to stop someone from WG buying the mod then taking it apart and working out a counter to it.

DB9V122000 #11 Posted 31 March 2020 - 04:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14807 battles
there is no other way for you to detect illegal mods other than the users tell you themselves. players with illegal mods don't ever upload replays because the mods will be visible in the replay. as for why these people don't get banned, they told me they are not sure about this but probably the modpack creators give a percentage of their earnings to WG to protect their customers from being banned. 10 euros per month is a pretty high price that many players are willing to pay. multiply that by the couple of thousands and you can have a very decent income per month. the creators could give even more than 50% to WG and still earn thousands per month.  users with free illegal mod packs get banned more often than not.

Laikrodininkas #12 Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:05 AM

Private

• Player
  • 939 battles

I usually don't post, but just could not resist after stumbling upon this... The discussion about cheating themselves and overblown stats due to hacks is hilarious considering that WOT nowadays is a hardcore pay to win game :) Let me guess - using premium ammo or newest OP tank is according to rules, so it is totally fair, competitive and skill based-only :)

Nishi_Kinuyo #13 Posted 31 March 2020 - 04:50 PM

General

• Player
  • 12378 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostDB9V122000, on 28 March 2020 - 10:14 PM, said:

So based on that anecdotal evidence, I'd say that most illegal mods don't impact the game much.

Or they don't know how to make use of it.

View PostLaikrodininkas, on 31 March 2020 - 08:05 AM, said:

I usually don't post, but just could not resist after stumbling upon this... The discussion about cheating themselves and overblown stats due to hacks is hilarious considering that WOT nowadays is a hardcore pay to win game :) Let me guess - using premium ammo or newest OP tank is according to rules, so it is totally fair, competitive and skill based-only :)

"Pay to Win."

Premium ammo doesn't cost money, and you can't buy the most OP vehicles anyhow.

And I'm certain that I could name almost any random Dinger as evidence that spending more money does not increase your stats.

avitohol_iyi #14 Posted 01 April 2020 - 06:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12924 battles
  • [E-CCC] E-CCC
There is no control over illegal mods. They kill through rocks, you die without being seen, and they go out in front of you 50 meters in the clearing after 2-3 seconds only light. They play T10 tanks with purchased tanks from tickets or played with playbots and without statistics. Matchmaking is under all criticism. All day play 3-4 maps. Tanks with stock guns always go 2 levels above first 20-30 battles.

Edited by avitohol_iyi, 01 April 2020 - 06:10 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #15 Posted 01 April 2020 - 10:22 PM

General

• Player
  • 12378 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postavitohol_iyi, on 01 April 2020 - 06:09 PM, said:

There is no control over illegal mods. They kill through rocks, you die without being seen, and they go out in front of you 50 meters in the clearing after 2-3 seconds only light.

Give replays and we'll explain what happened, because cheating doesn't allow you to do any of that.

Laikrodininkas #16 Posted 02 April 2020 - 11:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 939 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 31 March 2020 - 04:50 PM, said:

"Pay to Win."

Premium ammo doesn't cost money, and you can't buy the most OP vehicles anyhow.

And I'm certain that I could name almost any random Dinger as evidence that spending more money does not increase your stats.

So if I make a hack myself, then it is totally ok? Self-made hacks doesn't cost money after all... And no one else can buy them.

Arty and wheelies, according to that logic, are also perfectly fine - it is just a different type of vehicle, available to all and for credits.

I am not saying that hacks/cheats are ok. But perhaps unfair advantages shouldn't be defined by the ease of access? Taking advantage of already existing mechanics doesn't make you more skilled or more honorable...  So spamming that gold/premium/special ammo while speeding in the multi-ton EBR at 100 km/h in a tank game and at the same time condemning those lowly hackers does sound funny quite a bit :)

Nishi_Kinuyo #17 Posted 02 April 2020 - 04:41 PM

General

• Player
  • 12378 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostLaikrodininkas, on 02 April 2020 - 11:42 AM, said:

So if I make a hack myself, then it is totally ok? Self-made hacks doesn't cost money after all... And no one else can buy them.

Arty and wheelies, according to that logic, are also perfectly fine - it is just a different type of vehicle, available to all and for credits.

I am not saying that hacks/cheats are ok. But perhaps unfair advantages shouldn't be defined by the ease of access? Taking advantage of already existing mechanics doesn't make you more skilled or more honorable...  So spamming that gold/premium/special ammo while speeding in the multi-ton EBR at 100 km/h in a tank game and at the same time condemning those lowly hackers does sound funny quite a bit :)

:facepalm:

Personally, I haven't had much trouble with wheelchairs.

I mean... http://wotreplays.eu..._45_02_p_ausf_a

So if you got a thing against those wheelchairs, either take it like a man, or join the club; because they're here to stay, just like arta.

Laikrodininkas #18 Posted 04 April 2020 - 11:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 939 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 02 April 2020 - 04:41 PM, said:

:facepalm:

Personally, I haven't had much trouble with wheelchairs.

I mean... http://wotreplays.eu..._45_02_p_ausf_a

So if you got a thing against those wheelchairs, either take it like a man, or join the club; because they're here to stay, just like arta.

Nicely picked a random single word from my whole message :)  So to follow that trend I can also say that "either take it like a man, or join the club; because mods are here to stay, just like arta."

Shad0wize #19 Posted 05 April 2020 - 11:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13108 battles

Yes, people cheat. Is it that big of an advantage? Not really. Will they be caught? If they somehow show themselves cheating, otherwise they'll never ban them.

[edited]

Edited by Homer_J, 07 April 2020 - 08:33 AM.
Incitement

The_Eraserhead #20 Posted 13 April 2020 - 01:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24158 battles

Thank you for bringing this up again, I have tried a thread but was bashed from all sides. You get sick of teammates playing with aimmods etc. I get sick of getting shot by them, in 9 years I have never seen so many people aim with such speed and accuracy, it's ridiculous. I'm already doing 3 months about mission "Union 12", where you have to get 2x your hitpoint as bounces, but there are almost no bounces, then they do not shoot, I'm never gonna make that mission.

I do not get it why WOT does not do the same thing as Google, Apple, etc. and build an in-game store with allowed mods and disable the use of local mods. Then everyone is happy, the mod users still can play with mods, and the cheaters be gone. And just like Google Play anyone can place their mods in it.

So World Of Tanks, think about an in-game store for mods as the only place to get mods.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users