mods and cheats

Mods

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

_Carpaccio_ #21 Posted 29 March 2020 - 04:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38952 battles
OP is right. I am one of those cheaters and now I feel bad about myself so I decided to report myself for using these hacks: Super WoT pro-aimbot for which I payed russian mafia, camo hack that provides all my tanks with extra camo depending on their size so this hack isnt that OP, that one mod that shows you destroyed object like fences and trees on minimap, and I am also using black magic on enemies. 

Miepie #22 Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:39 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 6130 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Homer_J is a cheating mod! Pls ban! :angry::angry::angry:

NUKLEAR_SLUG #23 Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:14 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36967 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 28 March 2020 - 08:04 PM, said:

Strange that everybody is still convinced that there are no cheats.... but at the same time WG publishes results always later to check if everything was ok. Also players seem to rise in ranking after the check...??? 

Say what? 

And yet in spite of all the players that get banned post event that were supposedly cheating still nobody is able to provide any replay proof of any of those cheaters that they were supposedly encountering daily in every game they played...

gunslingerXXX #24 Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:24 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14786 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostLethalWalou, on 28 March 2020 - 08:13 PM, said:

Who is saying that there are no cheats? Pretty much everyone understands that there are cheats, or illegal mods more like. The thing is that there really isn't as much as people like OP claims there is. I've only seen one case of an analyzed replay of an aimbot. I'd love to see more of these cheats from people like OP who see them everywhere but we're never getting them.

View PostSlyspy, on 29 March 2020 - 12:25 AM, said:

Strange how easily your reading comprehension is influenced by your personal bias. 

View Postmalachi6, on 29 March 2020 - 12:55 AM, said:

Evidence of cheating is not proof of cheating.  It's not the act, it's the frequency people deny.  People such as the OP suggest that cheats are in-game without actual means of knowing such.  That is he has the same access to research materials as you and me.  

While Han Solo may be able to say I have a bad feeling about this.  To make accusations stand up, the OP needs more.

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 29 March 2020 - 09:14 AM, said:

And yet in spite of all the players that get banned post event that were supposedly cheating still nobody is able to provide any replay proof of any of those cheaters that they were supposedly encountering daily in every game they played...

Wow such fierce reactions! Why guys? 

Only thing I see is OP complaining that he sees cheating is going on. 

Then lots of the regular forum responses. 

Then I point out that cheating in WOT is even admitted by WG.

And again lots of the typical forum responses. 

Why I ask you? 

@Slyspy, couldn't think of anything to say but still needed to respond because you didn't like my my post? Again that general, leads to nowhere statement trying to look smart? GJ GG Well Played. [Insert random insult here]

jabster #25 Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12836 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 29 March 2020 - 08:24 AM, said:

@Slyspy, couldn't think of anything to say but still needed to respond because you didn't like my my post? Again that general, leads to nowhere statement trying to look smart? GJ GG Well Played. [Insert random insult here]

You said something that was factual incorrect and that was pointed out to you. It’s not that hard to understand surely?

BravelyRanAway #26 Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25341 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 29 March 2020 - 08:24 AM, said:

If, as you also notice that he claims to see cheating going on during his games....wouldn't you like to see what he sees also, so that you can spot cheaters too and report them. Does that not interest you at all?

EdvinE20 #27 Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 42349 battles
  • [-AEG-] -AEG-
People are better than me so they must use cheats.

Tealo #28 Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47770 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View PostHomer_J, on 28 March 2020 - 05:40 PM, said:

As I understand it, the system used for ESL caused a lot of problems for clean players.

Not so bad when you are dealing with a small section of the playerbase who are likely to put the effort into finding solutions but if you start randomly blocking random players then a majority will just walk away.

The system used by ESL caused no problems for clean players whatso ever! Just that most whom play this game just didnt get the whole NO MODS what so ever in ESL as they deem any change to the vanialia client as a cheat!!!

Regardless what WG say or rather don't say about it, the real difference is ESL do actively enforce the no mod rule and have no problem whatso ever in welding the ban hammer! 

Which many players found out when this game was in ESL back in 2014 when more than 60% of players in wot were banned,( some for 8 years in any ESL competition in any game) for mod use (whether that mod was deemed ok by WG or not didn't matter)

WG did try to use a very obvious and Very Public anti cheat in Total War Arena which of course didn't work out, The real problem is most are using cheat mods and if WG (really) start banning, the game will lose most of it's player base and that's a lot of refunds including the legal shenanigans as some will take it further then just complaining to  their credit card company, PP etc..

ESL can afford to enforce a no tolerance for mods policy as they don't own or run a live service (game) in fact it's essential for their business model to do so!!

The only thing WG can do realistically (without losing alot of money) is to move to No Mods what so ever, slowly and occasionally do aban wave against the worst of the worst.

Continue with the shadow banning-nerfing of accounts using certain free mods!

Yes the server can detect mods using the mod folder! :B

AS It Can and does also detect the ones using injection as well.. According to the complaints on those other forums.

PS.. WG don't need any evidence to ban anyone, They can ban anyone at anytime no reason needed!!

Just like the landlord of the local pub, 

The problem is the denial of service and it's costs

Edited by Tealo, 29 March 2020 - 10:22 AM.

Bora_BOOM #29 Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:20 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32057 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostEdvinE20, on 29 March 2020 - 09:15 AM, said:

People are better than me so they must use cheats.

Or the improved version:

I am better than they are so they clearly use cheats to shoot me. :trollface:

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 29 March 2020 - 10:21 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #30 Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:05 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36967 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 29 March 2020 - 09:24 AM, said:

Why I ask you? 

No, all you see is OP complaining that he thinks he sees cheating going on everywhere which is not even remotely the same thing. Also WG admitting that there are cheats is a completely irrelevant point, they've never claimed that they're isn't. Likewise nobody disputing OPs claim is denying there are any cheats.

What is disputed is the ability for players who only see the information their client is given by the server, so effectively 1/30th of the game data, to be able to not only identify that cheats are being used but how many and who is using them such that when WG claims they have banned x number of players they can authoritatively state that WG have failed to ban more than a fraction of those actually cheating.

Bear in mind they accomplish this feat of detection using only 1/30th of the available data, unlike WG who run the server and therefore have access to the data from ALL the players participating and yet, despite their amazing intuition that allows them to uncannily pick out the cheaters from the crowd, when asked to show some evidence of this in action, of the multiple cheaters they "see" daily, they seem curiously unable to do so..

Why I ask you? 

Slyspy #31 Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15301 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I have no emotional response to your post. Like or dislike is irrelevant. But you were wrong in your description of what was being claimed (because IMO you have let personal bias cloud your judgement) and such things need to be challenged.

gunslingerXXX #32 Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14786 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Ok ok ok, I admit I have not read all posts correctly. 

Sorry about the comments. I will see myself out now.

Edit: apologies to Slyspy in particular.

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 29 March 2020 - 12:40 PM.

malachi6 #33 Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51526 battles

Why I ask you? 

Why is pointing out that you have the same tools as everybody else to spot cheats and that those tools are limited and unreliable a "fierce" response? I acknowledged that cheating occurs I simply questioned how many people actually cheat.  Suspicious behaviour is insufficient evidence as are feelings.  Theses are reasonable starting points for a reasonable debate.  Poisoning the well does nothing to further a conversation.

Edit: written during OP's response.  Thank you for acknowledging your faulty reasoning.

Edited by malachi6, 29 March 2020 - 12:44 PM.

Dramya #34 Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17468 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_
Ranked battles are far from a regular random game, and it is usually played by the better part of the WoT players. You can expect them to connect seemingly impossible shots. This is not aimbot or hacks, but primarily experience, knowledge and the ability to read the battlefield and react accordingly.

I also sometimes get accused of being a cheater or aimbot user, not because I'm a particularly excellent player but because I took a shot that was impossible but somehow did connect. Most of the time this is plain luck, and usually it just fails. Just get used to it, this kind of stuff just happens.

Stig_Stigma #35 Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23325 battles
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR

View PostDacul_fara_frica, on 28 March 2020 - 01:55 PM, said:

Hello guys, last days I have played in Ranked battles and I see that cheats are used in many games...I done a ticket and they answer me in same style....with an automated answer! My biggest wish is that Wargaming must use some program to stop cheats and dennied mods like I found a few yers ago in ESL. ESL Wire was a very good option to stop cheats!! Why Wargaming dont use a program like that to stop using ilegall mods????!!

They are constantlz banning cheaters. Last time (and every time tbh) a few clan war players got banned together with  all sort of players, for cheating, and/or using illegal mods. So dont worry, report them, and in very evident cases send report to WG with a ticket.

CmdRatScabies #36 Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39043 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTealo, on 29 March 2020 - 10:19 AM, said:

PS.. WG don't need any evidence to ban anyone, They can ban anyone at anytime no reason needed!!

Just like the landlord of the local pub, 

The problem is the denial of service and it's costs

No, not when they've spent money on the game unless they also give a refund at the same time.

UserZer00 #37 Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14328 battles

Obvious cheat?

- People who magically seem to be able to perform critical hits = RNJesus is against you, sorry.

- Hit while hiding in bushes = stop hiding in obvious bushes

- Enemy always knows where your gun is pointing = "legal" zoom out mod (which should be illegal or added to the vanilla game "in my opinion" ) ;)

- Knowing where someone is, even if they haven't been spotted in a while = good sound card and training
  (Now if he knows where they are when they are all the way across the map, then you might have a case)

- Always able to pen = knowledge of weak spots or RNJesus (again).
  (Don't get me wrong, of course someone using an "auto aim" will pen more often than others, but seeing "auto aim" everywhere is just being paranoid)

- Getting hit instantly by 5 tanks once you are spotted = don't get spotted out in the open, don't get spotted in obvious places, don't poke against 5 enemies, etc.

(Of course, my paranoid side always cries "AUTOAIM +" when this happens to me in game, but then I relax and move on)

- Being spotted when you're sure you can't be seen by the enemy = Yes, you can be seen by the enemy because one of your pixels betrayed you (sorry)

- Not being able to spot enemies = ridiculous camo values of some tanks, especially taking into account, food, training, etc.   

(Never fun, except for the tank that is hiding, but it's not cheating either)

That covers everything I can think of, but I'm sure there are other examples.

Edited by UserZer00, 29 March 2020 - 02:53 PM.

LethalWalou #38 Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:10 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35443 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostUserZer00, on 29 March 2020 - 01:52 PM, said:

- Being spotted when you're sure you can't be seen by the enemy = Yes, you can be seen by the enemy because one of your pixels betrayed you (sorry)

For this, too many people still blindly believe that a bush gives them 100% camo. It doesn't even need to be a pixel showing, it's just that people, even the best players in some cases, don't even understand the spotting mechanics of the game. Bad players blame cheats and better players claim the bush is broken.

_Carpaccio_ #39 Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38952 battles
About bushes - there is problem that some bushes provide more camo and some less, and then also (I am not sure about it just what I think) I would swear that some bushes are just broken and doesnt work even with double bush, or that sometimes you have a certain bush on map that in one battle works and you are invisible like John Cena, and next time you go to that same bush on same map, it just doesnt work. 

Stig_Stigma #40 Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23325 battles
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR

View Post_Carpaccio_, on 29 March 2020 - 05:02 PM, said:

About bushes - there is problem that some bushes provide more camo and some less, and then also (I am not sure about it just what I think) I would swear that some bushes are just broken and doesnt work even with double bush, or that sometimes you have a certain bush on map that in one battle works and you are invisible like John Cena, and next time you go to that same bush on same map, it just doesnt work. 

that is purposefully done.

Also tagged with Mods

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users