Jump to content


mods and cheats

Mods

  • Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

LethalWalou #61 Posted 30 March 2020 - 06:33 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 35446 battles
  • 3,232
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 30 March 2020 - 04:50 PM, said:

 

 

You obviously posted the video as a joke response to the last paragraph

Butt.. He does have a point thought, that we never see these people who claim cheats are everywhere, posting their replays to show how they exactly got to the conclusion that the opposition was cheating. QB's video is just watching the replay from the cheater's point of view but I would bet money that no one in the enemy team actually could see that the player was cheating just by getting shot by them. In other games, like an FPS, when you observe a cheater, it's quite apparent from the unrealistic movement the player has. In WoT they still have to turn their tank in the same manner everyone else has to and they still have to wait for the aiming circle to get smaller etc.



Cmdr_AndyMax #62 Posted 12 May 2020 - 05:56 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9447 battles
  • 32
  • [T13C] T13C
  • Member since:
    08-03-2012
[Edited]

 

remove all mods from the game remove gold ammo back to clanwars only ammo and see who can still hit the same shots without there illegal mods then 

simple you cant and wont as that is best way to prove what is being used against all players all the time in games and still you deny it happening but have not even thought seen or know how it is happening so stfu you lot they cheating they wont change game but you all suffer so [edited]you all

 


Edited by unhappy__bunny, 12 May 2020 - 06:48 PM.
removed swearing and excessive use of capitals


barison1 #63 Posted 12 May 2020 - 06:02 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 47199 battles
  • 3,006
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View PostCmdr_AndyMax, on 12 May 2020 - 05:56 PM, said:

[edited]

 

remove all mods from the game remove gold ammo back to clanwars only ammo and see who can still hit the same shots without there illegal mods then 

simple you cant and wont as that is best way to prove what is being used against all players all the time in games and still you deny it happening but have not even thought seen or know how it is happening so stfu you lot they cheating they wont change game but you all suffer so [edited]you all

 


if anyone outplays you its cheating? sounds like quite the case



VsUK #64 Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:19 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15370 battles
  • 1,649
  • Member since:
    06-19-2012
I think WG do not care that much about cheating as they do not scan clients for cheats, they only scan replays people submit. And the fact they rely on players to do the leg work is just proof in itself. 

This game should be played exactly the way WG made the game. No modes to alter your view or style in any way. Removing the mods folder & removing the aim lock from the game would solve so many problems. But then we would also have the pay to win brigade moaning about it until they get what they want, like they always do. 

BravelyRanAway #65 Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:28 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25374 battles
  • 13,593
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostVsUK, on 12 May 2020 - 07:19 PM, said:

I think WG do not care that much about cheating as they do not scan clients for cheats........
....Removing the mods folder 

Your hypocrisy is astounding.

Before the 'mods folder' came to WoT......there were mods in the game. So, removing the 'mods folder' will make no difference to the use of mods.



_Signal_ #66 Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:06 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 49398 battles
  • 6,826
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011
Accusations of cheating always comes with no replay, with twitch, mixer, geforce even the game itself there are legion of ways to record games these days.. It's so similar to the whole UFO thing, we live in a age with 2k/4 even 8k plus cameras, cctv everywhere most have a phone which even the basic ones havbe a better camera than what was available 15 years ago yet everyone who films a ufo seems to have only super 8 camera on hand....  

Edited by _Signal_, 12 May 2020 - 09:06 PM.


VsUK #67 Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:08 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15370 battles
  • 1,649
  • Member since:
    06-19-2012

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 12 May 2020 - 07:28 PM, said:

Your hypocrisy is astounding.

Before the 'mods folder' came to WoT......there were mods in the game. So, removing the 'mods folder' will make no difference to the use of mods.

I stole some sweats from a shop as a child. That doesn't mean I can no longer call out people who are thief's. So I do not get your hypocrisy as that would suggest I currently cheat at the game whilst calling for action to stop it. I don't cheat & I don't play with premium ammo either. So how about you quit with the bias rhetoric. I cheated once & I admitted it. I even shared a video of it proving how easy it was to get them. I was never banned but I did receive a msg from staff about it which I'm not allowed to disclose anything, but it basically asked me to stop. So I know full well how easy it is to cheat & because I've used it, I can easily spot the characteristic's of people who are also using it.  For example, a light tank driving away from the enemy, but still able to turn the turret around & accurately fire. 

Also, I can't remember there not being a mods folder, I've always seen the res_mods folder where I often put tank skins in to make my tanks look funky. But whatever the excuses, WG can easily stop mods from being used but they choose not to. They even change their tune on illegal mods because its the only way EBR's moving full pelt can lock on to tanks & fire. So they allow what is effectively an aimbot for EBR users & I don't think they stop using it when they play other tanks. 

20:09 Added after 1 minute

View Post_Signal_, on 12 May 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

Accusations of cheating always comes with no replay, with twitch, mixer, geforce even the game itself there are legion of ways to record games these days.. It's so similar to the whole UFO thing, we live in a age with 2k/4 even 8k plus cameras, cctv everywhere most have a phone which even the basic ones havbe a better camera than what was available 15 years ago yet everyone who films a ufo seems to have only super 8 camera on hand....  

Accusations of cheating & posting the replay to share is against the forum rules & also WG rules. I posted a video of someone cheating on the forum & the post was deleted & I was given a warning. So that excuse is nonsense. Also, maybe sometimes people don't record every game they play on the off chance they catch cheating. 



NUKLEAR_SLUG #68 Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:20 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 36973 battles
  • 6,119
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostVsUK, on 12 May 2020 - 09:08 PM, said:

Accusations of cheating & posting the replay to share is against the forum rules & also WG rules. I posted a video of someone cheating on the forum & the post was deleted & I was given a warning. So that excuse is nonsense. Also, maybe sometimes people don't record every game they play on the off chance they catch cheating. 

 

No, you posted a video in order to accuse somebody of cheating, but the person you were accusing wasn't the one that was caught cheating in that video. 



Galan7891 #69 Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10399 battles
  • 730
  • Member since:
    02-22-2018

View PostVsUK, on 12 May 2020 - 09:08 PM, said:



Also, I can't remember there not being a mods folder, I've always seen the res_mods folder where I often put tank skins in to make my tanks look funky. But whatever the excuses, WG can easily stop mods from being used but they choose not to. They even change their tune on illegal mods because its the only way EBR's moving full pelt can lock on to tanks & fire. So they allow what is effectively an aimbot for EBR users & I don't think they stop using it when they play other tanks. 

Do you know what an AIMbot is?Because pretty much every vehicle in the game has one.From SPGs to HTs to MTs and WVs.So try again with your memes!

BravelyRanAway #70 Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:25 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25374 battles
  • 13,593
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostVsUK, on 12 May 2020 - 08:08 PM, said:

Also, I can't remember there not being a mods folder, I've always seen the res_mods folder where I often put tank skins in to make my tanks look funky. 

Well, I was around before the introduction of the 'res_mod folder' and know how to apply tank skins and garage mods, etc, without it.



Homer_J #71 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:03 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33872 battles
  • 38,230
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostVsUK, on 12 May 2020 - 09:08 PM, said:

 WG can easily stop mods from being used but they choose not to.

I would not say "easily", but it would be technichally possible to make it quite difficult to make and use mods.

 

But that would not stop cheats.  I remember running servers for games "protected" by Punkbuster and VAC and we would regularly spectate people and see they were quite obviously using aimbots or wallhacks.

 

So all you do is push the cheating to a realm where it is harder to detect and stop people using harmless mods such as "funky" tank skins.



shishx_the_trash_can #72 Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:40 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4597 battles
  • 148
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    03-20-2018

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 12 May 2020 - 09:20 PM, said:

 

No, you posted a video in order to accuse somebody of cheating, but the person you were accusing wasn't the one that was caught cheating in that video. 

 

He also has the ability to spot other cheaters during the countdown. I still have the picture where he blamed AngelOfAwe (the ESL guy) of being an aimbot user. :hiding:

 

Spoiler

 

But hey, keep crying on the forums, it actually blows away the dullness <3


Edited by shishx_the_trash_can, 13 May 2020 - 08:47 AM.


CmdRatScabies #73 Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:01 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 39085 battles
  • 6,324
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View Postshishx_the_trash_can, on 13 May 2020 - 08:40 AM, said:

 

He also has the ability to spot other cheaters during the countdown. 

Easy, they have purple lettering in the team sheet or a PL flag next to their name.



shishx_the_trash_can #74 Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:44 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4597 battles
  • 148
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    03-20-2018

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 13 May 2020 - 09:01 AM, said:

Easy, they have purple lettering in the team sheet or a PL flag next to their name.

 

I think it's more like a "Hmm... this guy is better than me, clearly cheating" issue.



TheMaroko1337 #75 Posted 13 May 2020 - 10:34 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16672 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011

View Postshishx_the_trash_can, on 13 May 2020 - 09:44 AM, said:

 

I think it's more like a "Hmm... this guy is better than me, clearly cheating" issue.

 

I am more digusted by Purple clans exploiting unorthodox way to kill their opponents in Advances

 

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProudRelatedYakYouWHY

 

Spoiler

 



LethalWalou #76 Posted 13 May 2020 - 10:54 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 35446 battles
  • 3,232
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View Post_Signal_, on 12 May 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

Accusations of cheating always comes with no replay 

 

To be honest a replay wouldn't even prove anything as we couldn't be able to spot any abnormal behavior from watching the enemies. In CS for example aimbotting would be observable when watching the player using it due to the movement but in WoT tanks are still limited by mechanics, turret traverse for example.

I always thought asking replays for cheating accusations were just kind of''joke'' to ask, although a replay would let others explain what actually happened, but it in no way could prove that the enemies cheated. This is what of course makes the whole ''I'm able to spot cheats in game'' claims on the forum laughable.



jabster #77 Posted 13 May 2020 - 11:22 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12848 battles
  • 27,703
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 12 May 2020 - 08:20 PM, said:

 

No, you posted a video in order to accuse somebody of cheating, but the person you were accusing wasn't the one that was caught cheating in that video. 


They’ve also put forward three different reasons as to why they used illegal mods. Let’s also not forget some of the ‘interesting’ in-game chat.



barison1 #78 Posted 13 May 2020 - 11:23 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 47199 battles
  • 3,006
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View PostLethalWalou, on 13 May 2020 - 10:54 AM, said:

 

To be honest a replay wouldn't even prove anything as we couldn't be able to spot any abnormal behavior from watching the enemies. In CS for example aimbotting would be observable when watching the player using it due to the movement but in WoT tanks are still limited by mechanics, turret traverse for example.

I always thought asking replays for cheating accusations were just kind of''joke'' to ask, although a replay would let others explain what actually happened, but it in no way could prove that the enemies cheated. This is what of course makes the whole ''I'm able to spot cheats in game'' claims on the forum laughable.


that quite depends i would say, obviously not all cheats can be seen in a replay but some of them can be spotted in reasonable degree.

for example often hitting a target beyond render range, and mainly on sloped terrains can quite hint the usage of a cheat that puts red bars etc on the target.

if one is looking straight forward but his reticle leading a target at screen side, and keeps leading it 'perfectly' no matter what mountain is in the way. lead snapping on a just spotted target and leading that pretty "spiky". human aim is usually more smooth.

is it garanteed with previous examples that one is cheating? no, but deffo quite the higher chance

 

ofc the issue is you need the replay of the one you accused. from own perspective to see if enemy cheats? yea indeed gl. but we want to see what OP points out on said replay what would be "cheating"


Edited by barison1, 13 May 2020 - 11:29 AM.


jabster #79 Posted 13 May 2020 - 11:24 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12848 battles
  • 27,703
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostLethalWalou, on 13 May 2020 - 09:54 AM, said:

 

To be honest a replay wouldn't even prove anything as we couldn't be able to spot any abnormal behavior from watching the enemies. In CS for example aimbotting would be observable when watching the player using it due to the movement but in WoT tanks are still limited by mechanics, turret traverse for example.

I always thought asking replays for cheating accusations were just kind of''joke'' to ask, although a replay would let others explain what actually happened, but it in no way could prove that the enemies cheated. This is what of course makes the whole ''I'm able to spot cheats in game'' claims on the forum laughable.


I believe that’s really the point. You have posters claiming they often spot other players cheating but never seem to have a replay to explain what the obvious signs are that someone is cheating.



LethalWalou #80 Posted 13 May 2020 - 11:29 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 35446 battles
  • 3,232
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View Postbarison1, on 13 May 2020 - 10:23 AM, said:


that quite depends i would say, obviously not all cheats can be seen in a replay but some of them can be spotted in reasonable degree.

for example often hitting a target beyond render range, and mainly on sloped terrains can quite hint the usage of a cheat that puts red bars etc on the target.

if one is looking straight forward but his reticle leading a target at screen side, and keeps leading it 'perfectly' no matter what mountain is in the way. lead snapping on a just spotted target and leading that pretty "spiky". human aim is usually more smooth.

is it garanteed with previous examples that one is cheating? no, but deffo quite the higher chance

 

I'm sensing you're talking about if we were to watch the replay from the POV of the person accused of cheating. In that case a replay would indeed tell quite a lot if we got to see what they did in a game. My point was made about someone spotting an enemy cheater for example. From your own POV you can't spot a cheater on the enemy team just by looking at them because to you for example the aiming would look normal even if it was controlled by an aimbot. Hits outside render range would be the only thing that raises flags but then the enemy would have to be spotted for you to know for sure that they were outside render range and frankly I have hit enough shots outside render range to know it's quite possible to do. This is why I mentioned that it's the claims from people who say they see cheats used against them and that they can spot them to be laughable.


Edited by LethalWalou, 13 May 2020 - 11:31 AM.






Also tagged with Mods

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users